PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life of a Hun

Cabbage East
24-09-2017, 08:17 AM
OK here is what really happened

A few lads had a Union Flag on a pole waving it about in the pub,near end of night and pub was getting pretty quiet,they were passing it about for a wee while but all the time getting a bit more forceful, I took the pole of the big lad who had it, rolled it up and put it behind the door,told the guy it was getting dangerous and he accepted my reason and picked the flag up when he left.

£100000 a day lol, what planet do these guys live on?

At the end of the night 3 lads were singing one of the'naughty'songs in the beer garden,went over and asked them not to,One of them then sung it in my face so I asked him to leave. I offrered the other two the money back for their drinks they had just bought if they wanted to leave,but like good friends they stayed.within a few mins they were giving the usual that the guy didn't do it,

While this is happens some nugget walks towards me and calls me an arse*ole ,everyone has a right to their view,but as he comes towards me,one of our regulars shouts at me to watch out as it turns out he asked who I was and then said ' I cant stand that pr*ck, i'm going to have him'Now I think this is quite sinister that a guy that has never met me and obviously doesn't know me would like to attack me.
Being quite a large chap it was easy enough to evict him with the minimum of force,once outside he started a fight with some regulars, which he didn't fare well with.
PS who were standing at the Subway came over and advised me as it had been a long day we should close the pub with immediate effect

Which I did

The 'grassing ' story is that Rangers Media had a couple of posters who were mocking a innocent disabled kid,
I think this is reprehensible, if these people want to act like that, I think they should be named and shamed and their employers told what kind of people they are,for all i know they might work with kids.
Now here is the crux. if they want to behave like morons, that's fine but at least do it under your own name
and not tar every Rangers fan as the same
The same Rangers Media that banned me and I have no right of apply.

matty_f
24-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Imagine if you were telling this story to folk who didn't have the first idea what you're on about.

Blaster
24-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Imagine if you were telling this story to folk who didn't have the first idea what you're on about.

Thought it was just me!

BoomtownHibees
24-09-2017, 08:24 AM

You think it was meant to be posted somewhere else? Lol

Especially confusing is the line "£100000 a day" 😂

Jack Hackett
24-09-2017, 08:30 AM

... And have even less of an idea after the telling.

Great story though... possibly :greengrin

Hibby70
24-09-2017, 08:38 AM
I was always told at school that stories should have a start, beginning and end.

Danderhall Hibs
24-09-2017, 08:58 AM
if you were on £100000 a day you'd get the right of apply.

Jack Hackett
24-09-2017, 09:01 AM
if you were on £100000 a day you'd get the right of apply.

I can tell that it's going to be one of those days :greengrin

Michael
24-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Quentin Tarantino would be proud.

danhibees1875
24-09-2017, 09:05 AM
I assume the OP has been the subject of lies posted on a The rangers forum for kicking some unsavoury characters out of his bar. This is an attempt to tell the actual story and not the rangers fabrication perhaps?

£1m a day however, I can't deduce...

Wilson
24-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Quentin Tarantino would be proud.

Nah. Guy Ritchie might be.

iwasthere1972
24-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Thought it was just me!

Me too. Hope the Pole is alright.

Golden Bear
24-09-2017, 09:10 AM
I really must take less drink. Things can be very confusing on a Sunday morning.

:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2017, 10:27 AM
The Usual Suspects was easier to follow than the OP.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Normally consider myself quite an intelligent lad but having read the OP, I feel like I know less about life now.

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2017, 11:12 AM
I was always told at school that stories should have a start, beginning and end.

Me too. Perhaps the OP can come back on and give the story some context.

Where does he run his bar? What does 100000 a day refer to? and most importantly, this looks like a retort to another version of what happened, what was that version?

All very confusing :greengrin

CraigHibee
24-09-2017, 11:22 AM
You think it was meant to be posted somewhere else? Lol

Especially confusing is the line "£100000 a day" 😂

i think the £100000 a day bit is about how much the 'care in the community" costs are for this particular bunch of sevconians :confused:

CraigHibee
24-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Normally consider myself quite an intelligent lad but having read the OP, I feel like I know less about life now.

one of those moments where we feel we may have to climb up into the womb again, drop out and start life all over again

Smartie
24-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Is it quoting a tale from Rangers Media/ FollowFollow or the like?

The last few sentences suggest to me it is a tale from a Rangers fan/ pub owners point of view?

SeanWilson
24-09-2017, 11:27 AM
OK here is what really happened

A few lads had a Union Flag on a pole waving it about in the pub,near end of night and pub was getting pretty quiet,they were passing it about for a wee while but all the time getting a bit more forceful, I took the pole of the big lad who had it, rolled it up and put it behind the door,told the guy it was getting dangerous and he accepted my reason and picked the flag up when he left.

£100000 a day lol, what planet do these guys live on?

At the end of the night 3 lads were singing one of the'naughty'songs in the beer garden,went over and asked them not to,One of them then sung it in my face so I asked him to leave. I offrered the other two the money back for their drinks they had just bought if they wanted to leave,but like good friends they stayed.within a few mins they were giving the usual that the guy didn't do it,

While this is happens some nugget walks towards me and calls me an arse*ole ,everyone has a right to their view,but as he comes towards me,one of our regulars shouts at me to watch out as it turns out he asked who I was and then said ' I cant stand that pr*ck, i'm going to have him'Now I think this is quite sinister that a guy that has never met me and obviously doesn't know me would like to attack me.
Being quite a large chap it was easy enough to evict him with the minimum of force,once outside he started a fight with some regulars, which he didn't fare well with.
PS who were standing at the Subway came over and advised me as it had been a long day we should close the pub with immediate effect

Which I did

The 'grassing ' story is that Rangers Media had a couple of posters who were mocking a innocent disabled kid,
I think this is reprehensible, if these people want to act like that, I think they should be named and shamed and their employers told what kind of people they are,for all i know they might work with kids.
Now here is the crux. if they want to behave like morons, that's fine but at least do it under your own name
and not tar every Rangers fan as the same
The same Rangers Media that banned me and I have no right of apply.
Is that you, David Lynch?

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Cabbage, give us the full SP on this; we're a bit lost. It reads like a page from James Joyce :greengrin

Thecat23
24-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Any chance the OP can actually explain wtf this post is 😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-09-2017, 12:06 PM
If the OP is what really happened then the gossip and made up stuff must be incredible.

Arch Stanton
24-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Me too. Hope the Pole is alright.

Doubtful. Big guy rolling it up - can't end well.

Pete
24-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Somebody posted then I went into a dream.

ancient hibee
24-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Any chance the OP can actually explain wtf this post is 😂
Depends if he knows where he posted it.Probably looking for it and complaining he's been banned?

Catch22
24-09-2017, 12:20 PM
A trawl through Rangers media (wtf is wrong with those people) would suggest this relates to bar near Ibrox which has tried to discourage the old song book with predictable results.

silverhibee
24-09-2017, 12:25 PM
A trawl through Rangers media (wtf is wrong with those people) would suggest this relates to bar near Ibrox which has tried to discourage the old song book with predictable results.

You got a link to it.

Thecat23
24-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Depends if he knows where he posted it.Probably looking for it and complaining he's been banned?

😂😂

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2017, 12:26 PM

So it's a story of things turning nasty in a Rangers pub when the landlord asks civilised behaviour of its patrons? Now it makes sense.

Bostonhibby
24-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Is this the one where David Murray said okay we probably did get an advantage as we bought players we couldn't otherwise have afforded because we used hidden side letters and other people's money.

Then Rod Petrie made a speech about the importance of something called sporting integrity then everyone said it was okay after all and we all moved on, skipping down the lane with the big cuddly bears?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
24-09-2017, 01:21 PM
You got a link to it.

I went looking but got distracted by this:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/310840-the-problem-is-society-not-ability/

That OP is a thing of beauty.. in a weird perverse way. Hilariously cringeworthy, sectarian stuff.

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2017, 01:33 PM

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/310840-the-problem-is-society-not-ability/

That OP is a thing of beauty.. in a weird perverse way. Hilariously cringeworthy, sectarian stuff.

"The Protestant fight has been ****** right out of society, be it from the banning of our songs, the persecution of our bands, flags, culture. We have players who BLESS themselves before they walk into our stadium.
Cannigia, Amoruso, Porrini Gatusso any other ******* Italian, South American, CATHOLIC... Days of old never would that have happened".

https://media.tenor.co/images/4c70299bbd8af61b600d6b11a577107f/tenor.gif

IGRIGI
24-09-2017, 01:47 PM
I really must take less drink. Things can be very confusing on a Sunday morning.

:rolleyes:

I think it's actually mandatory to down a bottle of wine for the OP to make any sense

Catch22
24-09-2017, 02:00 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/309741-louden/ I think its linked to this

iwasthere1972
24-09-2017, 02:05 PM

But not necessarily in that order.

Has the OP just copied and pasted it or is it his personal experience? Anybody know.

ancient hibee
24-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Is this the one where David Murray said okay we probably did get an advantage as we bought players we couldn't otherwise have afforded because we used hidden side letters and other people's money.

Then Rod Petrie made a speech about the importance of something called sporting integrity then everyone said it was okay after all and we all moved on, skipping down the lane with the big cuddly bears?

I'm a bit confused .Was Rod in the pub with the pole (or Pole) and was David Murray wanting a square go with the landlord?Or is this just another surreal post?Must be a day for left field contributions.

Bostonhibby
24-09-2017, 02:08 PM
I'm a bit confused .Was Rod in the pub with the pole (or Pole) and was David Murray wanting a square go with the landlord?Or is this just another surreal post?Must be a day for left field contributions.There was a pole?

Arch Stanton
24-09-2017, 02:08 PM
So it's a story of things turning nasty in a Rangers pub when the landlord asks civilised behaviour of its patrons? Now it makes sense.

And the landlords moniker is Cabbage East from Edinburgh and posts on hibs.net? I'm not buying it.

Anyway, it says the day in the life of a hun but this is only the evening. Maybe he forgot the morning and afternoon bits - and when he remember to post them it will all become clear.

Or not.

iwasthere1972
24-09-2017, 02:09 PM
There was a pole?

Ya dancer.

NZ Green
24-09-2017, 02:51 PM
This is like the film Memento, in thread form.

bawheid
24-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Don't want to spoil it for anyone but Hibs win 3-2 in the end.

silverhibee
24-09-2017, 02:59 PM

:greengrin

And there is 1000s more like him, I'll hazard a guess that he has never been to a church before and bevvies in the Louden Tavern.

Kaiser1962
24-09-2017, 03:28 PM

And there is 1000s more like him, I'll hazard a guess that he has never been to a church before and bevvies in the Louden Tavern.

I love their aversion to "grassing" when only a few weeks ago their management team and many of their fans "grasseed Lennon for celebrating a goal. Yesterday their manager was squaring up to Scott Brown.

Clueless and classless.

Cabbage East
24-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Apologies :greengrin

I did have an explanatory sentence but it disappeared somehow. This was a post on Follow Follow about how a Hun boozer had all sorts of infighting after losing another old firm game. I'd had a few. This is why i hardly ever start threads :rolleyes::wink:

matty_f
24-09-2017, 04:41 PM

I did have an explanatory sentence but it disappeared somehow. This was a post on Follow Follow about how a Hun boozer had all sorts of infighting after losing another old firm game. I'd had a few. This is why i hardly ever start threads :rolleyes::wink:

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Kissing the portrait of the Queen that hangs proudly on the livingroom wall and drawing your 9 in a row curtains shut and self pleasuring into a 20 year old copy of the Rangers News that features an article on Sebastian Rosenthals flowing blonde locks while drowning out the sound of your mum's next client with Penny Arcade. What a life.

CockneyRebel
24-09-2017, 05:06 PM

I read this link - I read it twice - and I can't believe that the poster and I belong to the same species.

Danderhall Hibs
24-09-2017, 05:17 PM

Nah you've lost me again mate. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
24-09-2017, 05:24 PM
I read this link - I read it twice - and I can't believe that the poster and I belong to the same species.

Tbh, it surprised the poop out of me how many of his own laid into him. Quite amusing. :greengrin

Edit

Oh, and don't worry... You don't

Jack Hackett
24-09-2017, 05:28 PM

Thanks... I've been waiting all day for that... Well, not really, but it did add a bit of mystery to it :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
24-09-2017, 05:36 PM

I would say that I'm shocked by this, but sadly I'm not.... show it to anyone outside Scotland though and they'd think it was a wind up.

Arch Stanton
24-09-2017, 06:14 PM

You mean you've done this sort of thing before? Wow, top man.

Springbank
24-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the spoiler alert.
Hibs win 3-2 in the end you say?
Aye but is that the Easter Road the Ibrox or the Hampden 3-2

Nakedmanoncrack
25-09-2017, 11:13 AM

Some amount of drivel on there, "blue pound" *****in' hilarious.

snedzuk
25-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Kissing the portrait of the Queen that hangs proudly on the livingroom wall and drawing your 9 in a row curtains shut and self pleasuring into a 20 year old copy of the Rangers News that features an article on Sebastian Rosenthals flowing blonde locks while drowning out the sound of your mum's next client with Penny Arcade. What a life.

Thats the first hour taken care of what about the other 23?

--------
25-09-2017, 11:41 AM

Wow! An entire website for people who live under stones and in ponds ....

I had to exit before i lost my breakfast. :sick:

SirDavidsNapper
25-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Thats the first hour taken care of what about the other 23?🤣

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Catch22
25-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Wow! An entire website for people who live under stones and in ponds ....

I had to exit before i lost my breakfast. :sick:

I tell myself its a satirical spoof, its the only way to read it.

--------
25-09-2017, 11:44 AM

Not a problem. I understood you perfectly. A perfectly recognisable scenario. Happens every weekend where I live. :aok:

Smartie
25-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Thats the first hour taken care of what about the other 23?

This is a great idea for some sort of nature documentary.

I'd love to know what it is that happens in the week of a life of a hun that makes them so angry by the time they reach Ibrox at 3pm on a Saturday.

"A Day in the Life of a Hun - 50,000 a-holes in Govan, Glasgowshire".

Biggie
25-09-2017, 12:11 PM

:top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-09-2017, 02:28 PM

I'd love to know what it is that happens in the week of a life of a hun that makes them so angry by the time they reach Ibrox at 3pm on a Saturday.

The Blue Planet?

brog
25-09-2017, 02:37 PM
I watched Rellik on catch up TV then read the OP on this thread. Thought I'd inadvertently stumbled into a Cathro team talk!

Bostonhibby
25-09-2017, 03:18 PM
The Blue Planet?Only one episode though. All ends suddenly with the one where a great big whale swallows the plankton.

Kafflik whale obviously.

Hibs1969
25-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Watching YouTube videos of an old guy sitting on his couch surrounded by his collection of teddy bears whilst singing a cringeworthy rendition of 'We Don't Do Walking Away'

https://youtu.be/i7zw92lSNus

Bostonhibby
25-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Watching YouTube videos of an old guy sitting on his couch surrounded by his collection of teddy bears whilst singing a cringeworthy rendition of 'We Don't Do Walking Away'

https://youtu.be/i7zw92lSNusWee wullie blue nose and his bizarre collection of child's toys

That was just around the time they did do walking away as well.

Huffed and puffed whilst the rangers men liquidated their club.

--------
25-09-2017, 04:16 PM
I tell myself its a satirical spoof, its the only way to read it.

Huns don't do satire.

They do sectarian abuse, racist abuse, threats of grievous bodily harm, and obscene chants.

But not satire.

Keith_M
25-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Never mind all that, is the Pole alright?

Did they throw him in the corner because Poles are mostly Kaffliks?

Who are these people? We have a right to know!

Mixu62
25-09-2017, 10:41 PM
"Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down.....

Fresh prince of Govan?

JeMeSouviens
26-09-2017, 09:46 AM

... and though their brains were rather small
they had to count them all
now they know neanderthals
can sing about old Derry's walls
I'd love to close them down ...

lapsedhibee
26-09-2017, 10:30 PM

Me too.

WTF? Were y'all at school in WW2 when middles were rationed or summin? :confused:

keep the faith
26-09-2017, 10:46 PM
WTF? Were y'all at school in WW2 when middles were rationed or summin? :confused:

😂

Bad Martini
28-09-2017, 12:20 PM
My my, all this sectarian baggage for a club that's only five years old.

Next someone will be telling us they've never won the Scottish Cup and lost three games in a row to the mighty Hibees, 3-2 each time, including the final of the aforementioned Scottish Cup Final.

...surely schome mischtake :greengrin

Bostonhibby
28-09-2017, 04:13 PM
My my, all this sectarian baggage for a club that's only five years old.

Next someone will be telling us they've never won the Scottish Cup and lost three games in a row to the mighty Hibees, 3-2 each time, including the final of the aforementioned Scottish Cup Final.

...surely schome mischtake :greengrinIt's all very confusing having something called club 1872 (which sounds like an old masonic lodge that time forgot), sevco, the rangers, the club formerly known as Glasgow rangers, etc.

I think it's correct to say that the club formed after the original ones fans and board walked away when they put the old one into liquidation has won 3 lower league titles and something called the petrofac cup.

Other honours were won by the now defunct Glasgow rangers but they're not here anymore so it's easy to see why people rightly don't apply the dead clubs honours to the reincarnation.

Bad Martini
28-09-2017, 08:42 PM
It's all very confusing having something called club 1872 (which sounds like an old masonic lodge that time forgot), sevco, the rangers, the club formerly known as Glasgow rangers, etc.

I think it's correct to say that the club formed after the original ones fans and board walked away when they put the old one into liquidation has won 3 lower league titles and something called the petrofac cup.

Other honours were won by the now defunct Glasgow rangers but they're not here anymore so it's easy to see why people rightly don't apply the dead clubs honours to the reincarnation.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Its simples. Keep your honours, your cups, your leagues etc. Pay yer bills, yer fines and HMRC the £2834289749283749283749237492374 you owe (plus interest)
OR
Lose your honours, your cups. your leagues etc. Dont pay yer bills, yer fines and bump the tax man.

Them is yer choices.

Either way, expect a 3-2 slapping from the cabbage ya bampots :flag::greengrin:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
28-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Spot on [emoji106]

Its simples. Keep your honours, your cups, your leagues etc. Pay yer bills, yer fines and HMRC the £2834289749283749283749237492374 you owe (plus interest)
OR
Lose your honours, your cups. your leagues etc. Dont pay yer bills, yer fines and bump the tax man.

Them is yer choices.

Either way, expect a 3-2 slapping from the cabbage ya bampots :flag::greengrin[emoji106]Or we could all just move on[emoji6]

Till the next time.

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Spot on :thumbsup:

OR

Them is yer choices.

Either way, expect a 3-2 slapping from the cabbage ya bampots :flag::greengrin:thumbsup:

Yes, it's annoying they have been able to spend the best part of £10 million in the summer, after they walked away from over £40 million of debt. Like you say, it should be pay up or lose the trophies from the EBT era. The Rangers are having their cake and eating it. There hasn't been justice as yet.

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Yes, it's annoying they have been able to spend the best part of £10 million in the summer, after they walked away from over £40 million of debt. Like you say, it should be pay up or lose the trophies from the EBT era. The Rangers are having their cake and eating it. There hasn't been justice as yet.Hoping that's a typo.. [emoji16]...was close to £140m....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Hoping that's a typo.. [emoji16]...was close to £140m....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Was it that much? It's been a long time since it all began. If they want to be the same club and retain the EBT era trophies, they should be paying it off. No shame at all, yet they bang on about dignity.

pacorosssco
29-09-2017, 12:12 AM
David Murray is well looked after as hed take all those who made him a lord with him.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2017, 05:52 AM
Was it that much? It's been a long time since it all began. If they want to be the same club and retain the EBT era trophies, they should be paying it off. No shame at all, yet they bang on about dignity.It was indeed. The Big Tax Case helped boost it up.

Edit. Having just looked at the latest Liquidators' Report, it's nearer £160m.