PDA

View Full Version : Ross Laidlaw

caithnesshibee
24-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Not one for posting on here often, but I think Ross deserves his own thread. He's never let us down. I was on twitter before today's game talking about my respect for Ross and that he's been the best number two that we have had for at least 20 years. He may even be first choice after today. Superb.

Hi Heid Yin
24-09-2017, 12:29 AM
I think he deserves to keep the shirt for the Celtic game.
but I think NL might just go for Rocky's greater experience in big games.

Still Smiling
24-09-2017, 12:31 AM
Rocky not available next Sat due to observing a Jewish religious day.

Ryan69
24-09-2017, 12:33 AM
I think he deserves to keep the shirt for the Celtic game.
but I think NL might just go for Rocky's greater experience in big games.

Rocky won't be playing at Parkhead....due to religious reasons.

yom kippur....or whatever it's called.

Hi Heid Yin
24-09-2017, 12:56 AM
Rocky won't be playing at Parkhead....due to religious reasons.

yom kippur....or whatever it's called.

Ah, I see.
Jewish festivals and rituals are not my strength.
I thought Rocky would only miss the Ross County game.
In which case I'd be happy to see Laidlaw keep the shirt - albeit in the cauldron that is Parkhead.

FilipinoHibs
24-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Ah, I see.

Probably why Ross has been played last couple of games.

overdrive
24-09-2017, 01:57 AM
The game vs Livi had nothing to do with Marciano's observance of Yom Kippur. Today's game might have been. I didn't see the game today but I was very impressed with Laidlaw's post match interview. Confident but humble. He's also had the first clean sheet of the season.

Libby Hibby
24-09-2017, 06:10 AM
2 fantastic saves yesterday and never put a foot wrong during the game.

Forza Fred
24-09-2017, 06:23 AM
I've already posted my opinion on previous threads that I don't think Rocky is anything special compared to Laidlaw.

Logic would suggest that Laidlaw has the jersey now until he does something daft.

Rocky certainly is no 'automatic' choice as far as I am concerned.

Hibby70
24-09-2017, 08:07 AM
i didn't see the game today but i was very impressed with laidlaw's post match interview. Confident but humble. He's also had the first clean sheet of the season.

massive!

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2017, 08:08 AM
Laidlaw has never put a foot wrong. Perfectly comfortable with him in goals.

Brooster
24-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Two great saves in the 2nd half and very commanding at high balls. Our best goalie in my opinion.

heretoday
24-09-2017, 08:14 AM
We don't have much choice unless Rocky comes out as a Muslim.

BoomtownHibees
24-09-2017, 08:17 AM
The game vs Livi had nothing to do with Marciano's observance of Yom Kippur. Today's game might have been. I didn't see the game today but I was very impressed with Laidlaw's post match interview. Confident but humble. He's also had the first clean sheet of the season.

It's only next Saturday that he will miss for Yom Kippur. He was on the bench yesterday

Baldy Foghorn
24-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Two great saves in the 2nd half and very commanding at high balls. Our best goalie in my opinion.

The one he put onto post from close range, was outstanding

Brooster
24-09-2017, 08:58 AM

I was right behind it, thought it was in.

Michael
24-09-2017, 09:07 AM
My only concern with Laidlaw is that he looks very wobbly with the ball at his feet. Solid keeper overall though.

wookie70
24-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Looks a better keeper than Rocky from what I have seen. The shot he tipped onto the post is one of the best saves I have ever seen. How that never ended up in the back of the net I'll never know. His kicking looks fine to me and Rocky isn't very good with the ball at his feet either

bigwheel
24-09-2017, 09:43 AM
I still view Rocky as a step above Laidlaw, and I believe Lennon does too...However, his form has dipped this season, and Laidlaw has done everything asked of him last two games - so good to see competition for the No. 1 spot. Can only be good for us.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2017, 09:44 AM
He's the kind of goalie I like watching, very laid back and confident but you can see he's totally focussed. I've only seem him interviewed a couple of times but he seems to love being at Hibs and has kept his head down and done the job he was brought in to do.

I feel no different going to Celtic Park with him in goals as I would Marciano. He's made the odd error but on the whole he's been good for us and it's good that we have genuine competition for the gloves.

HFCdeb
24-09-2017, 09:46 AM
The gloves are his to lose after Tuesday and yesterday. I was at both games and he's far more commanding and far less flappy at cross balls than Rocky has been this season. Hope he has another blinder on Saturday.

IAmLee
24-09-2017, 11:08 AM
He's normally better at cross balls than Rocky & his distrubution is a lot better imo. Rocky seems to like punting the ball long to no-one in particular wheras Laidlaw is far more likely to give it to a defender or the likes of McGeouch & Bartley to build from the back.

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Apart from the two goals Livvi scored, both of which he had no chance with, he was solid in that game and apparently he had a blinder yesterday ... if he has an equally impressive performance at Celtic park then IMO he should keep the gloves until such time as he loses form. I like Rocky, but IMO he hasn't looked as solid as he did in the championship ... Laidlaw is clearly as good a shot stopper as Rocky is and if he proves to be better dealing with crosses its a no brainer for me.

allmodcons
24-09-2017, 08:05 PM

Said the same on another thread. The coverage on BBC tonight gave him very little credit for what was an incredible stop.

Northernhibee
24-09-2017, 08:50 PM
This is our Andy Robertson/Gary Mackay-Steven signing - a player from the lower leagues that nobody had spotted in terms of potential.

He's a very good number two keeper and will be a great number one in the future.

Lancs Harp
24-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Personally I've got every confidence in Ross. I think we are lucky to have two highly competent keepers in our ranks, a much better situation than a year or two ago IMO. I dont feel the need to have a pop at Rocky to big Ross up either, I have no issue with either, both good keepers.

Thegreenside
24-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Both solid keepers, can only think of a couple mistakes between them. Would be happy with either playing

familyman
24-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Personally I've got every confidence in Ross. I think we are lucky to have two highly competent keepers in our ranks, a much better situation than a year or two ago IMO. I dont feel the need to have a pop at Rocky to big Ross up either, I have no issue with either, both good keepers.
Ross should retain his place as he is playing well, having an off day can mean demotion so from a TEAM point of view good to have stiff competition for ALL positions
:wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Laidlaw my first choice all day long.