PDA

View Full Version : If McGinn goes in January.

Mikey09
23-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Lennon should target Greg Docherty from The Accies.
Really good player with bags of potential.

Still Smiling
24-09-2017, 12:33 AM
Henderson

cabbageandribs1875
24-09-2017, 12:43 AM
Docherty just signed a new 3 year extension at Hamilton

jijihibby
24-09-2017, 06:24 AM
It must be Hibs-mad and multi talented Liam Henderson - he does not have JMcG's drive but he can place a ball on a sixpence from anywhere - Stokesy would thrive with him in the side. He does not play for Celtic because they have many, many, talented midfielders - it is stupid to say he is ''too slight'' - much the opposite.

Heisenberg
24-09-2017, 06:42 AM
Lennon confirmed if McGinn had gone in the summer then Henderson was his target as a replacement. With Hendo available on a pre contract, albeit with compo due, I could only see us going for him.

Hibee Mac
24-09-2017, 08:25 AM
I feel that with Slivka on a 3 year deal, he is seen by Lennon as the long term replacement for McGinn whenever he does go.

Then bring in someone like Henderson with the spare cash (a Slivka/Bartley/Hendo/Swanson midfield is nothing to turn your nose up at).

Souter96Mac
24-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Lennon confirmed if McGinn had gone in the summer then Henderson was his target as a replacement. With Hendo available on a pre contract, albeit with compo due, I could only see us going for him.

Could be a decent bit of business i.e. profit from McGinn and get Hendo on the cheap. Then develop him, win a couple cups and the league etc. sell him for a hefty sum and the merry-go-round continues

Pretty Boy
24-09-2017, 08:46 AM

Would there definitely be compensation due for Henderson? Have Celtic offered him a new deal?

danhibees1875
24-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Would there definitely be compensation due for Henderson? Have Celtic offered him a new deal?

I think the assumption is that they will do so purely to get compensation. If that actually happens is anyone's guess.

ALF TUPPER
24-09-2017, 09:02 AM

I think I remember he had signed a 4 year deal with them. Long way to go on his contract. So, compo due.

J-C
24-09-2017, 09:27 AM
I think I remember he had signed a 4 year deal with them. Long way to go on his contract. So, compo due.

Signed a 3 year deal on August 14th 2015, if we sign him in January we'll pay compensation as Celtic will certainly offer a new deal to make sure they get money for him.

Billy Whizz
24-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Signed a 3 year deal on August 14th 2015, if we sign him in January we'll pay compensation as Celtic will certainly offer a new deal to make sure they get money for him.

But will certainly be a lot less than we get for McGinn

J-C
24-09-2017, 09:38 AM
But will certainly be a lot less than we get for McGinn

True but a different type of player, it may mean Slivka getting more game time as he seems like a box to box type player, different options I suppose. I think we all knew McGinn would probably go soon enough, just making sure we get the right deal for everyone, Liam is a great option to have.

Forza Fred
24-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Not going to happen in January, but how long has Scott Brown to go on his contract?

I always wonder if Celtic see him as a replacement for an ageing warrior, and with Brown's previous statement a while ago that he would love to return to Hibs when his Celtic days were up.....makes me think that some kind of swap plus cash deal could be at the back of their minds.

HFCdeb
24-09-2017, 09:42 AM
I feel that with Slivka on a 3 year deal, he is seen by Lennon as the long term replacement for McGinn whenever he does go.

Then bring in someone like Henderson with the spare cash (a Slivka/Bartley/Hendo/Swanson midfield is nothing to turn your nose up at).

This. I think once Slivka is settled and fully adjusted we will see exactly how good he is.

Billy Whizz
24-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Not going to happen in January, but how long has Scott Brown to go on his contract?

I always wonder if Celtic see him as a replacement for an ageing warrior, and with Brown's previous statement a while ago that he would love to return to Hibs when his Celtic days were up.....makes me think that some kind of swap plus cash deal could be at the back of their minds.

Browns just agreed a contract extension at Celtic

southern hibby
24-09-2017, 10:05 AM

Question :- do Celtic have to offer same deal as they gave him last time for compo? I.E. Three years and same wages and does this have to be offered before he signs a pre contract or is it up to the last day his contract runs out?

GGTTH

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Moult and Henderson please

J-C
24-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Question :- do Celtic have to offer same deal as they gave him last time for compo? I.E. Three years and same wages and does this have to be offered before he signs a pre contract or is it up to the last day his contract runs out?

GGTTH

Generally you have to offer the same deal to make compo kick in.

Wilson
24-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Moult and Henderson please

We've missed the boat on Moult I think. We should have met the asking price and got him under contract. We may have got a season out if him before richer clubs took him from us. He is too good for Well and will have many clubs interested.

hibs#1
24-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Browns just agreed a contract extension at Celtic

2 year deal,think now Brown ends his career with celtic.

frazeHFC
24-09-2017, 10:59 AM
We've missed the boat on Moult I think. We should have met the asking price and got him under contract. We may have got a season out if him before richer clubs took him from us. He is too good for Well and will have many clubs interested.

Agree with this, didn't know much about him before this season but he is some player. Looks like he'll get a far better offer than we can give if he keeps up this form until January.

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2017, 11:04 AM

If Moult continues his current form there is no way Hibs would be able to afford him, and even if we could why would he join Hibs when he has the potential to earn two or three times what we could pay him in England, which is where he is from as well?

stantonhibby
24-09-2017, 11:27 AM

Easy to say just pay the asking price.....Aberdeen bid c £400k for him which was turned down so not sure how much you would expect us to pay.

Borderhibbie76
24-09-2017, 12:40 PM
SJM won't be going anywhere in Jan if his performances don't improve...hes been pretty poor in all 3 matches we've played this week imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2017, 01:07 PM
I'd love to see Henderson back. He'd be a starter every week for any other team in the league, but can't even make the bench at Celtic. It's a waste; he needs first team football.

eastmainsmsh
24-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Wonder if henderson could be coming back with mcginn going to celtic

.Sean.
24-09-2017, 04:04 PM

Scott Brown can away and patronise someone else.

Does he think we're a retirement home?

Bishop Hibee
24-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Lewis Morgan of St Mirren looks a good player. Fraser Murray is a great prospect too but probably not strong enough for the first team yet. I agree that Slivka was brought in with one eye on McGinn leaving whether that be st Christmas or the summer.

eastcoasthibby
24-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Docherty just signed a new 3 year extension at Hamilton

If he is good enough as direct replacement we will have cash to use from mcginn sale ...Henderson is not what we.need to replace mcginn lets get real about filling the gap thatgets left !!!

eastcoasthibby
24-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Easy to say just pay the asking price.....Aberdeen bid c £400k for him which was turned down so not sure how much you would expect us to pay.

Think Moult will go fir bigger money.down south going by way he has performed so far !!

Hi Heid Yin
24-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Neil Lennon and Leeann Dempster will have a contingency plan worked out.
I feel confident that a replacement has already been identified, and that Henderson is but one of perhaps 2 or 3 we have our eye on.
They both will have concluded that we need to execute a seamless transition, with McGinn being replaced by similar quality.

SON OF PADDY
24-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Scott Brown can away and patronise someone else.

Does he th
ink we're a retirement home?

Correct Answer!

southern hibby
24-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Generally you have to offer the same deal to make compo kick in.

Right but when do you have to offer it by, is it before they can sign for another club or is it to last day before contract ends?

Cause if it's after a player signs for a new club, then the old club can just offer the same deal knowing they've already signed for new club and just do it to claim compo.

GGTTH

J-C
24-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Right but when do you have to offer it by, is it before they can sign for another club or is it to last day before contract ends?

Cause if it's after a player signs for a new club, then the old club can just offer the same deal knowing they've already signed for new club and just do it to claim compo.

GGTTH

That I don't know, I'd assume they have to offer before he is able to sign elsewhere in January, or as long as they offer the same before contract runs out, someone better ITK can tell us.

southern hibby
24-09-2017, 07:58 PM
That I don't know, I'd assume they have to offer before he is able to sign elsewhere in January, or as long as they offer the same before contract runs out, someone better ITK can tell us.

I'm exactly the same not sure but I'm now determined to find out.

Thanks for the reply anyway it's appreciated

GGTTH

jgl07
24-09-2017, 09:43 PM
I'd love to see Henderson back. He'd be a starter every week for any other team in the league, but can't even make the bench at Celtic. It's a waste; he needs first team football.
He wasn't a regular starter for Hibs in the Championship.

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2017, 10:46 PM
He wasn't a regular starter for Hibs in the Championship.

Fairly sure this statement has been proven wrong about 200 times on here. He started something like 40 games that season.

JJP
24-09-2017, 11:09 PM
Docherty does look a good player from what I have seen. Would be an ideal replacement in my opinion but not sure he would be affordable for us unfortunately. I like Liam Henderson and would love to see him back but he is a totally different player to McGinn and doesn't appear like he would be his replacement.

givescotlandfreedom
24-09-2017, 11:11 PM
If we signed Moult and Henderson I could stand losing SJM.