23-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Absolutely immense today.

AgentDaleCooper
23-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Absolutely immense today.

Complete legend.

murray26
23-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Said it on another thread.. his wee rest looks to have done him the world of good.. top performance..

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Has been for years now, as good in his position as anyone we've got. A credit to our club on and off the pitch.

Ryan91
23-09-2017, 10:11 PM
The man is pretty much Mr Hibs for me. A shining example of someone who plays for the jersey.

Baw187
23-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Good to hear! I couldn't really fathom why he was dropped in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
23-09-2017, 10:20 PM
It took me years to appreciate Lewis's quality and contribution, and for a long time I saw him as synonomous with years of utter dross and, of course, relegation, but his commitment, demeanour, fight, effort and consistency eventually won me over.
The guy is a legend - a double cup winner and the only player in Hibs history to lift both the League cup and The Scottish Cup.
Players like Stevenson are few and far between.
His commitment to one club and his longevity at Easter Road elevate him above and separate him from other more gifted and short term players.
When he eventually retires he should have the freedom of Leith and Edinburgh.
I'm so glad that we have his like in our midst.

Carheenlea
23-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Solid today - didn't deserve to be dropped out the team. Great pro.

Northernhibee
23-09-2017, 10:26 PM
I honestly think he's one of the very best players in our team. His first touch is sublime, he wins a hell of a lot in the air, keeps it simple and always provides an option for a pass.

HFCdeb
23-09-2017, 11:12 PM
I honestly think he's one of the very best players in our team. His first touch is sublime, he wins a hell of a lot in the air, keeps it simple and always provides an option for a pass.

He made an absolutely top notch tackle in the box today. I'm of the opinion that we look a far better team with him in it, and yes, his first touch is indeed sublime, it impresses me every time.

Carheenlea
23-09-2017, 11:34 PM
He made an absolutely top notch tackle in the box today. I'm of the opinion that we look a far better team with him in it, and yes, his first touch is indeed sublime, it impresses me every time.

He knows what he can do, and knows what he can't do, and through time he has learned to stick to just doing what he can do, and does very well and has ultimately become a better player because of that.

beensaidbefore
23-09-2017, 11:38 PM
Lewis Stevenson has played under 9 managers. Most players with that many are journeymen of some kind. There can't be many players in world football who have maintained a first team slot to so many managers while at one club. Hibs legend

wookie70
23-09-2017, 11:40 PM
MOTM for me and my a fair margin. Don't think he gave the ball away once the whole game. If only we had a right back that was as good but Gray and Whittaker are nowhere near as consistent

HFCdeb
23-09-2017, 11:58 PM
He knows what he can do, and knows what he can't do, and through time he has learned to stick to just doing what he can do, and does very well and has ultimately become a better player because of that.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

Mibbes Aye
24-09-2017, 12:30 AM

I think that's true but I think it underplays what he can do. He shone a bit when he started with us because he was in a team of very good players. He went through a long period when that wasn't the case and in the last couple of seasons has found himself with good players around him again.

The point being that he's capable of playing even better if the players around him improve.

He has a fine first touch, he can motor up and down the pitch all day - can't believe there's anyone fitter at ER and he's got a great attitude.

There's two other things that matter more though - first of all is his match discipline, he takes on board what he's been asked to do and gets on with it. It's the reason he got asked to play at right-back previously, the manager could rely on him to stick to the game plan without losing concentration.

The most important is positioning. I've never seen a player at Hibs so assiduous in moving off the ball to offer himself for a pass. His movement allows us to keep possession. As you bleed better players in around him then that starts to show, in terms of better attacks, opportunities and eventually goals.

HFCdeb
24-09-2017, 09:28 AM
I think that's true but I think it underplays what he can do. He shone a bit when he started with us because he was in a team of very good players. He went through a long period when that wasn't the case and in the last couple of seasons has found himself with good players around him again.

The point being that he's capable of playing even better if the players around him improve.

He has a fine first touch, he can motor up and down the pitch all day - can't believe there's anyone fitter at ER and he's got a great attitude.

There's two other things that matter more though - first of all is his match discipline, he takes on board what he's been asked to do and gets on with it. It's the reason he got asked to play at right-back previously, the manager could rely on him to stick to the game plan without losing concentration.

The most important is positioning. I've never seen a player at Hibs so assiduous in moving off the ball to offer himself for a pass. His movement allows us to keep possession. As you bleed better players in around him then that starts to show, in terms of better attacks, opportunities and eventually goals.

So true. Him and McGeouch were superb on the left yesterday. I'd be so disappointed to see Whittaker back at left back if Lewis is fit.

Seveno
24-09-2017, 12:30 PM

Good assessment of Lewis. The other players must live having him in the team because of his hard work, reliability and movement.