PDA

View Full Version : HEROES (David Bowie song)

Babyshamble
23-09-2017, 09:28 PM
40 years old today.was the last song I listened to before I left my house on THAT day.we can be heroes,just for one day..and we were.never to be forgotten.GLORY GLORY

Jonnyboy
23-09-2017, 09:34 PM
40 years old today.was the last song I listened to before I left my house on THAT day.we can be heroes,just for one day..and we were.never to be forgotten.GLORY GLORY

Happy Birthday :party:

hibsbollah
23-09-2017, 09:36 PM
A definite desert island disc of mine:top marks

Baader
23-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Superb. A favourite of mine anyway but also before big games.

Probably Bowie's best vocal performance and that's saying something.

PeckythePenguin
23-09-2017, 09:59 PM

It was the last song I listened to before I left my house that day too. When I got to Hampden and saw the Time for Heroes display I really started to believe that it was going to be our day.

Babyshamble
23-09-2017, 10:33 PM
It was the last song I listened to before I left my house that day too. When I got to Hampden and saw the Time for Heroes display I really started to believe that it was going to be our day.

As my user name suggests,I'm a huge Libertines fan.when I seen the time for heroes display,I about cried.

Forthview
23-09-2017, 10:36 PM
As my user name suggests,I'm a huge Libertines fan.when I seen the time for heroes display,I about cried.

The opening song on Sunday's set at Dunfermline, always think of the game when hearing the song.

Hi Heid Yin
24-09-2017, 05:35 PM

A favourite Bowie song of mine too - this, 'Life On Mars' and 'Starman' are quintessential 70's Bowie for me.

Northernhibee
24-09-2017, 05:46 PM

It's Life on Mars for me but there's a lot to choose from.

That day from start to finish though - if I knew I only had two hours to live i'd want to see that game one last time. Nothing will ever, ever top that when coming to being a Hibs fan.

Baader
24-09-2017, 06:58 PM
It's Life on Mars for me but there's a lot to choose from.

That day from start to finish though - if I knew I only had two hours to live i'd want to see that game one last time. Nothing will ever, ever top that when coming to being a Hibs fan.

It was all too quick. From Stokes equaliser (when I just knew were going to win) to SDG's goal it was so momentous it seems something of a blur. And Id had no alcohol BEFORE the game!!

Joe6-2
24-09-2017, 07:07 PM
It was all too quick. From Stokes equaliser (when I just knew were going to win) to SDG's goal it was so momentous it seems something of a blur. And Id had no alcohol BEFORE the game!!

You have any afterwards? 😉

Northernhibee
24-09-2017, 07:20 PM

When SDG's goal went in I remember jumping about like a loony, roaring in a manner where I totally lost my voice for the following week then the shock of it all reset my brain and for some reason I thought there was a lot, lot longer than just two minutes to play. Totally lost it at FT.

Waking up on the 22nd of May was just stunning.

Johnny Clash
25-09-2017, 12:12 AM
Totally get the ''Time for Heroes' banner was Libertines inspired. Well done the hibees behind this.

Bowie's 'Heroes' also fits well : 'we can be heroes, just for one day/forever and ever'

I'll always associate Bowie's Heroes with that great day.

Great song, Inspirational artist!