PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

murray26
23-09-2017, 08:14 PM
I thought he was a class apart today .. definitely showing signs that he is getting close to his best.. link up play was excellent and very unlucky with a superb taken free kick.. really hope he keeps it up with some huge games coming up soon..

23-09-2017, 08:19 PM
I thought he was a class apart today .. definitely showing signs that he is getting close to his best.. link up play was excellent and very unlucky with a superb taken free kick.. really hope he keeps it up with some huge games coming up soon..

He’s been absolutely excellent so far.

I’m eagerly awaiting the KT article about how good he’s been.

frazeHFC
23-09-2017, 08:20 PM
He'll be very keen to impress next week back at Parkhead. Been great since his return!

allmodcons
23-09-2017, 08:42 PM

He was excellent today. Boyle was good too, had a really great first half.

SirDavidsNapper
23-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Any doubters have surely had their opinions changed. The guy is a class act.

murray26
23-09-2017, 08:47 PM
He was excellent today. Boyle was good too, had a really great first half.

Agreed 👍 And a wee notable mention for Lewis who I thought had a good game and has surely won his place back.

Hibernian Verse
23-09-2017, 09:09 PM
He was great. His footwork on the right hand side of the box in the first class was superb!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
23-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Any doubters have surely had their opinions changed. The guy is a class act.

just needed a few games under his belt to get match sharpness back :aok:

Hi Heid Yin
23-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Stokesy is class.
Yes, he struggled to find fitness and consistency last season (Cup final aside) but he is now back to his lethal best.

Hibeewilly
24-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Fantastic player. an absolute joy to watch again yesterday. We are so lucky to have him:not worth

eastcoasthibby
24-09-2017, 01:37 PM
He'll be very keen to impress next week back at Parkhead. Been great since his return!

He needs to focus and not get himself too wound up, which he tends.to do at times...do the talking with his footballing ability, I suspect the nasty b--t--d Brown will try and wind him up with one of his customary over.the ball or late challenges that officials are failing to see this season ....

Stuart93
24-09-2017, 01:42 PM
To think we missed out on laffertey and signed stokes instead 🙄

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-09-2017, 01:47 PM
He still has a way to go with fitness and sharpness. Real class though.

Haymaker
24-09-2017, 03:18 PM

:faf:

SeanWilson
24-09-2017, 05:11 PM

Can see an inspired Hun skelping cup final type performance on its way 😆

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Can see an inspired Hun skelping cup final type performance on its way 😆

I'm convinced he'll score a couple against the big team

calumhibee1
24-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Wasn't there yesterday but he has been superb in recent weeks and his record since returning speaks for itself. Lets keep in mind swell that most forwards outside of last seasons top 4s totals are skewed by the group stages of the league cup (Simon Murray being an example of this) and so a few forwards in Scotland look like they've got a really good strike rate at this moment in time. Stokes didn't play in any of they games and still has 7 goals in 9 games.

HFCdeb
24-09-2017, 06:43 PM

Still gutted about that. How many league goals does Lafferty have from open play this season, just out of curiosity?

Stevie Reid
24-09-2017, 06:51 PM
40 goals for Hibs now, in a combined total of a season and a half of playing time.

I said when we signed him that it was pretty crazy that we were getting a striker of his pedigree, with his scoring record, and of his age, for free. Not just about his goals though, his link up play is a joy to watch as well.

Given he missed pre-season, he could get even better.

Andy74
24-09-2017, 07:04 PM

Don’t think that’s right to be fair. We signed big Dave instead of Lafferty.

Onion
24-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Signing was a master stroke by Lennon and looks like we're about to see the very best of Stokesy in the coming season. A living cup-winning legend and a class act currently scoring goals for Hibs - these are good times to be a Hibby :hibees

Billy Whizz
24-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Don’t think that’s right to be fair. We signed big Dave instead of Lafferty.

Dave and Lafferty are hardly the same sort of player, although both have yet to prove themselves at their respective clubs

SCHAEDYSHORTS
24-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Dave and Lafferty are hardly the same sort of player, although both have yet to prove themselves at their respective clubs
Exactly big davie isa centre forward & can play football

Andy74
24-09-2017, 08:01 PM

They are really. If we signed Lafferty we wouldn’t have been in the market for a big guy.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-09-2017, 08:01 PM
I hope we don't end up relying on him a lot this season as murray seems to have went right of the boil

Billy Whizz
24-09-2017, 08:07 PM
They are really. If we signed Lafferty we wouldn’t have been in the market for a big guy.

Andy, fair point, and timing wise it looks like this, but one plays short, and the other plays long. Also we were in the market for Moult up to deadline day, as Lennon wanted 4 strikers

Borderhibbie76
25-09-2017, 06:08 AM
I hope we don't end up relying on him a lot this season as murray seems to have went right of the boilDon't see the need for such a negative comment on a positive post...ps he played well.on sat as acknowledged by Lennon post match

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
25-09-2017, 07:25 AM
I hope we don't end up relying on him a lot this season as murray seems to have went right of the boil

Murray has been an inspired goalkeeper/baw hair away from the back of the net for weeks. Nae need.

eastcoasthibby
25-09-2017, 07:46 AM

Lafferty will be on at least twice what big Dave is on (I suspect) so would we still have had enough in the budget to go for stokesy as well ??

CRAZYHIBBY
25-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Don't see the need for such a negative comment on a positive post...ps he played well.on sat as acknowledged by Lennon post match

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Murray has been an inspired goalkeeper/baw hair away from the back of the net for weeks. Nae need.

Hes not scored for weeks borderhibbie and clearly gone off the boil From a goal scoring point of view...im not being negative, just stating a fact.......seanwilson nae need for what exactly?.....nae need for having an opinion?...nae need for having the audacity to say i hope we dont end up relying on one striker?.....feel free to elaborate further

Captain Trips
25-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Hes not scored for weeks borderhibbie and clearly gone off the boil From a goal scoring point of view...im not being negative, just stating a fact.......seanwilson nae need for what exactly?.....nae need for having an opinion?...nae need for having the audacity to say i hope we dont end up relying on one striker?.....feel free to elaborate further

You are correct he has gone off the boil and I think are quite right to state your opinion and for me it has basis as he has not scored for weeks.

For me though we keep picking him for now as dropping him might have a bad effect. He will come good again.

bigwheel
25-09-2017, 04:26 PM

Are you including last weekend in this opinion?? Murray put in a strong performance on Saturday - didn't notch, but contributed strongly and made a difference....there's more to a striker games than scoring , and we can be happy with his tally so far....

SeanWilson
25-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Do you go to the games?
You're being melodramatic, there's absolutely 'Nae need' to be slating SM's performances of late IMO and it's all about opinions, eh? 😜

CRAZYHIBBY
25-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Are you including last weekend in this opinion?? Murray put in a strong performance on Saturday - didn't notch, but contributed strongly and made a difference....there's more to a striker games than scoring , and we can be happy with his tally so far....

He plays loads of good games and is a player i like but its goals that win games and as i said before from a goal scoring point of view hes gone off the boil....i wasnt slating him just giving my opinion so dont understand where the "nae need" or being negative comes from.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Do you go to the games?
You're being melodramatic, there's absolutely 'Nae need' to be slating SM's performances of late IMO and it's all about opinions, eh? ��

I didnt slate him though!!....you just read borders post and thought you would jump on the band wagon....nae need indeed

And yes i do go to games and i do see him miss chance after chance but i still haven't slated him

SeanWilson
25-09-2017, 05:20 PM
He plays loads of good games and is a player i like but its goals that win games and as i said before from a goal scoring point of view hes gone off the boil....i wasnt slating him just giving my opinion so dont understand where the "nae need" or being negative comes from.

Reading back, you're right and didn't slate him. My apologies, I'm being melodramatic 🤣

Personally think he's a goal away from another run and not a player who's concerning me at all.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Reading back, you're right and didn't slate him. My apologies, I'm being melodramatic 🤣

Personally think he's a goal away from another run and not a player who's concerning me at all.

Thank you....apology accepted :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
25-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Murray isn't Cummings, he contributes well without Scoring. The equaliser in Perth was all his good work for example.

Nutmegged
25-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Early contender for Player of the Year, love him.

jgl07
28-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Still gutted about that. How many league goals does Lafferty have from open play this season, just out of curiosity?

You can bet on that happening.

Kyle certainly will!

southern hibby
29-09-2017, 02:14 PM
SM for first goal tomorrow, actually think he'll play out his skin against them.

GGTTH

eastcoasthibby
30-09-2017, 07:21 AM
The thing about SM is his work rate and pace pressurize defenders if qe dint play him, then.they will have.even morentime to build from the back and also SM is an out ball either into the channels or getting.into a bit of space ...he always.gets.or.creates chances, but his finishing is letting him down ..all round I can see.qhy he is.still starting.every week ...its a team game after all ! He occupies defenders most of the time giving others the chan e to play ... if him and Boyle can.find their best.form on Saturday I think we can get a result