PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Ross County 0 v Hibernian 1 (Hanlon) FT

Pages : 1 [2]

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2017, 01:19 PM
I think you're being harsh.

3 against Thistle, 3 at Ibrox, 1 against Accies (not good enough), 1 apiece away to Saints and Dundee, 2 at home to Motherwell, 1 away to Ross County today and shedloads in the cup.

This is a good return whichever way you look at it.

We've lost too many goals, and that has cost us a good few points so far, so any criticism should be spared for the defensive departments of our team.

I'm delighted with the win today and especially happy about the shut out. Whilst it is entertaining to have high scoring games and a cavalier style, no team has ever managed to get where they wanted to be shipping the type of goals we have earlier this season.

We didn't today, that's a cracking result and hopefully we can go on to build on it.

I've had plenty of goes at the defence mate, but this was about the attack. I wouldn't be so critical if we were playing poorly and they were feeding off scraps, but that isn't the case .... we are making the chances and we should be scoring more, yes we played well at Dundee, St Johnstone and yesterday at Ross County, but all 3 games were a story of over 50% Hibs possession and a total of 3 Hibs goals scored, one of them an own goal, from countless balls into the box and umpteen corners.

Any away point is a good point and as I said I'm more than happy with how the season has gone overall ............ but the truth is that if we had converted more of our chances at Dundee and St Johnstone we would be 4 points better off than we are now, and from what I hear about yesterday a little more composure in front of goal might have meant we weren't hanging on at the death hoping our recently shaky defence would hold out, as it was we won because of a goal from a centre half, not a forward or midfield player.

Ronniekirk
24-09-2017, 02:25 PM
I've had plenty of goes at the defence mate, but this was about the attack. I wouldn't be so critical if we were playing poorly and they were feeding off scraps, but that isn't the case .... we are making the chances and we should be scoring more, yes we played well at Dundee, St Johnstone and yesterday at Ross County, but all 3 games were a story of over 50% Hibs possession and a total of 3 Hibs goals scored, one of them an own goal, from countless balls into the box and umpteen corners.

Any away point is a good point and as I said I'm more than happy with how the season has gone overall ............ but the truth is that if we had converted more of our chances at Dundee and St Johnstone we would be 4 points better off than we are now, and from what I hear about yesterday a little more composure in front of goal might have meant we weren't hanging on at the death hoping our recently shaky defence would hold out, as it was we won because of a goal from a centre half, not a forward or midfield player.

Lennon in his post match interview agrees with a lot of what you have posted He wants to see us convert more of the chances we make and win by clearer margins do he can sit back snd enjoy a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk