PDA

View Full Version : Marciano out of the Celtic league match

overdrive
22-09-2017, 10:57 PM
http://bit.ly/2ffWpvP

Marciano has ruled himself out of next week's match due to Yom Kippur.

I'd give Laidlaw a game tomorrow to give him some match sharpness.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-09-2017, 11:07 PM
http://bit.ly/2ffWpvP

Marciano has ruled himself out of next week's match due to Yom Kippur.

I'd give Laidlaw a game tomorrow to give him some match sharpness.

Far from certain to regain his place by then anyway.

green day
23-09-2017, 07:21 AM
Good to see the Jambo commentators have arrived on the evening news story.......

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Laidlaw is worth a wee run out just now. Don't think that anyone would question him playing today.

Jack Hackett
23-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Good to see the Jambo commentators have arrived on the evening news story.......

Just when you think they can't possibly embarrass themselves further.

heidtheba
23-09-2017, 08:36 AM
Just when you think they can't possibly embarrass themselves further.

It's a ridiculously bad comment from the guy but there's nothing I can see to link him with Hearts.

CraigHibee
23-09-2017, 09:00 AM
It's a ridiculously bad comment from the guy but there's nothing I can see to link him with Hearts.

It's mainly those mupppets that post anything negative on the hibs stories

Bostonhibby
23-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Socially inadequate attention seeker. Wouldn't imagine too many yams would stoop this low.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

DarrenSQH
23-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Why cant he play?

If your a strict Jew I thought you couldnt work any saturdays.

Jack Hackett
23-09-2017, 09:55 AM

Looks to me to have a similar juvenile name structure as one of the frequent 'I hate Hibs more than I care about Hearts' posters from before the revamp of the comments.

It's a yam... or a serial troll posing as one.

hibee
23-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Why cant he play?

I’m sure he could play if he wanted to, he’s just chosen not too.

Bristolhibby
23-09-2017, 10:08 AM

Jesus Christ!

--------
23-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Why cant he play?

Yom Kippur is the most important day in the Jewish calendar. Many Jewish people who don't observe other religious customs (for example, the strict observance of the Sabbath) will make a point of keeping this day.

This year it begins before sunset on Friday the 29th and ends after sunset on Saturday the 30th. (In Judaism, the days run from evening to evening - the Sabbath meal is eaten on what we would refer to as the Friday evening; the Sabbath continues until sunset on the Saturday. Sabbath services in the synagogue take place on the Saturday.)

Yom Kippur means "Day of Atonement" and is a very strict Sabbath - no work, a strict fast, special synagogue services - and most of the day is spent in the synagogue. It's a day of prayer and self-examination; it's also central to any sense of Jewish identity. The date is calculated according to the Jewish calendar, so it doesn't always fall on the Friday/Saturday as it does this year.

I shouldn't imagine that Rocky's the only Jewish footballer not playing next Saturday.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Yom Kippur is the most important day in the Jewish calendar. Many Jewish people who don't observe other religious customs (for example, the strict observance of the Sabbath) will make a point of keeping this day.

This year it begins before sunset on Friday the 29th and ends after sunset on Saturday the 30th. (In Judaism, the days run from evening to evening - the Sabbath meal is eaten on what we would refer to as the Friday evening; the Sabbath continues until sunset on the Saturday. Sabbath services in the synagogue take place on the Saturday.)

Yom Kippur means "Day of Atonement" and is a very strict Sabbath - no work, a strict fast, special synagogue services - and most of the day is spent in the synagogue. It's a day of prayer and self-examination; it's also central to any sense of Jewish identity. The date is calculated according to the Jewish calendar, so it doesn't always fall on the Friday/Saturday as it does this year.

I shouldn't imagine that Rocky's the only Jewish footballer not playing next Saturday.Correct.

Sadly, nor will he be the only one who attracts the sort of remarks above made by sub human cowards with the inability to face or debate with their targets.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Speedy
23-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Jesus Christ!

:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Laidlaw is worth a wee run out just now. Don't think that anyone would question him playing today.I would, Marciano has made 1 mistake, that is not enough to drop him.

Deansy
23-09-2017, 01:32 PM

The type of mentality that always feels at home at the PBS/Greyskull !

Pete
23-09-2017, 01:34 PM
On another note, will Scott Brown be out?

Clear elbow caught on TV so maybe the compliance officer will look at it. :dunno:

Keith_M
23-09-2017, 02:01 PM
One day per year's no big deal. I seem to remember we had more problems with our Morrocan players... allegedly :wink:

Nakedmanoncrack
23-09-2017, 02:23 PM

I shouldn't imagine that Rocky's the only Jewish footballer not playing next Saturday.

Nir Bitton will not be available for Celtic I assume?

Scott Allan Key
23-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Nir Bitton will not be available for Celtic I assume?

He may not be religious or Jewish. Beram Kayal is an Israeli international but is Arabic. Could be Christian, Muslim or neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
23-09-2017, 02:47 PM
He may not be religious or Jewish. Beram Kayal is an Israeli international but is Arabic. Could be Christian, Muslim or neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is Jewish.

lucky
23-09-2017, 05:14 PM

Shame the occupying Israeli army won't observe it as the continue to break UN resolutions on the abuse of the Palestinian people in Gaza and the West Bank

SChibs
23-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Shame the occupying Israeli army won't observe it as the continue to break UN resolutions on the abuse of the Palestinian people in Gaza and the West Bank

Breaking un resolutions? Surely this would be widely reported by mainstream media? Nah didn't think so...

allmodcons
23-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Getting away from the politics Laidlaw was good today. Had an unbelievable save in second half tipping a goal bound shot on to his left hand post.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Getting away from the politics Laidlaw was good today. Had an unbelievable save in second half tipping a goal bound shot on to his left hand post.

No worries with him at Celtic Park. He's a good keeper who has generally been fine for us.

It's a big chance for him to stake his claim and if he does well he gives NL a good problem to have.

Mr White
23-09-2017, 06:57 PM
No worries with him at Celtic Park. He's a good keeper who has generally been fine for us.

It's a big chance for him to stake his claim and if he does well he gives NL a good problem to have.

He gave a good account of himself against Brondby in a big match and he's got more games under his belt now so I agree, no worries at all with him playing at Celtc park next week. Hopefully our defence give a good account of themselves in trying to protect him from having too much involvement in the match.

--------
23-09-2017, 06:58 PM

Bingo! I had a wee bet on with myself, and I've just won. :devil:

It's Saturday evening, and I don't have time for an argument. Things to do. :greengrin

LaMotta
23-09-2017, 08:10 PM
On another note, will Scott Brown be out?

Clear elbow caught on TV so maybe the compliance officer will look at it. :dunno:

Hopefully he will be, he was ***** brilliant today.

As for Laidlaw, I think he has the potential to be a very good keeper.

Carheenlea
23-09-2017, 10:34 PM

:agree: had a great game - fine saves apart, he commanded his box well and his distribution was thoughtful and productive. Regardless of Yom Kippur, Laidlaw has earned his right to be first choice keeper for time being.

--------
24-09-2017, 07:39 AM
:agree: had a great game - fine saves apart, he commanded his box well and his distribution was thoughtful and productive. Regardless of Yom Kippur, Laidlaw has earned his right to be first choice keeper for time being.

The lad's a good keeper and by all accounts has earned his place for next week's game. I don't see why anyone should have a problem with the idea of him playing.

It's good that we have him and Rocky as our keepers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-09-2017, 07:47 AM
I would, Marciano has made 1 mistake, that is not enough to drop him.

Not sure that Marciano was dropped from the team because of form though.

--------
25-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Not sure that Marciano was dropped from the team because of form though.

Yup - NL said Rocky was unavailable for the Celtic game and so he played Ross Laidlaw at Dingwall so he wouldn't be coming into the team cold at Parkhead.

Ross played well on Saturday and I've every confidence he'll do likewise against Celtic. I honestly don't see a problem. :confused:

Jack Hackett
25-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Yup - NL said Rocky was unavailable for the Celtic game and so he played Ross Laidlaw at Dingwall so he wouldn't be coming into the team cold at Parkhead.

Ross played well on Saturday and I've every confidence he'll do likewise against Celtic. I honestly don't see a problem. :confused:

Haven't seen or read anyone who does tbf.

Good, innit!? :greengrin

--------
26-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Haven't seen or read anyone who does tbf.

Good, innit!? :greengrin

M-hm. We remember the days when we were bricking it if our FIRST choice goalie was fit to play ...

Or our second choice ...

Or our third choice ...