PDA

View Full Version : Dingwall pubs

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 08:47 PM
I'm looking to go up to Dingwall early tomorrow and I was hoping to catch at least some of the early football somewhere in Dingwall before going to the main event.

Can anyone recommend a pub in Dingwall that will be showing either the Old Firm game or the West Ham-Tottenham game? I was looking at pubs online through the Sky Sports pub finder app and there was a pub called Oscars mentioned. Has anyone been there before, if so is it worth going there?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Hats off to the hardcore who are travelling up; hopefully you will be rewarded with the three points. How many Hibees are going?

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Hats off to the hardcore who are travelling up; hopefully you will be rewarded with the three points. How many Hibees are going?

No idea about numbers.

I'm making a weekend of it, I'm staying overnight tomorrow and then driving back down on Sunday. It's a bit much to drive there and back in one day.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2017, 09:08 PM
No idea about numbers.

I'm making a weekend of it, I'm staying overnight tomorrow and then driving back down on Sunday. It's a bit much to drive there and back in one day.

A lot of time and money invested, mate. Have you the away ST?

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 09:13 PM
A lot of time and money invested, mate. Have you the away ST?

I don't mate. I probably should have one right enough since I go to pretty much every single game! :greengrin

I'm always ok for a ticket since I'm looking for a wheelchair ticket, these generally never sell out.

stonewaller1875
22-09-2017, 09:31 PM
No idea about numbers.

I'm making a weekend of it, I'm staying overnight tomorrow and then driving back down on Sunday. It's a bit much to drive there and back in one day.Been there bought the tee-shirt, murder

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Been there bought the tee-shirt, murder

What's murder? The drive?

BurghHibby
22-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Anybody oot in Inverness tonite?
Boozers looking like Gorgie with the cast of Deliverance!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-09-2017, 09:38 PM
I'm looking to go up to Dingwall early tomorrow and I was hoping to catch at least some of the early football somewhere in Dingwall before going to the main event.

Can anyone recommend a pub in Dingwall that will be showing either the Old Firm game or the West Ham-Tottenham game? I was looking at pubs online through the Sky Sports pub finder app and there was a pub called Oscars mentioned. Has anyone been there before, if so is it worth going there?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

There's a decent boozer just outside the train station, cannae recall the name though.

BoomtownHibees
22-09-2017, 09:41 PM
There's a decent boozer just outside the train station, cannae recall the name though.

The Mallard I think

zlatan
22-09-2017, 09:42 PM
The Mallard is next to the stadium and has a late licence. Stayed over after the league cup game and it was interesting watching the local wildlife come out to play. All nice folk but.

There's a wee pub built into the stadium which is good for a drink pre-match.

stonewaller1875
22-09-2017, 09:44 PM
What's murder? The drive?Yes, best to stay over night

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 09:45 PM

The Mallard I think

The Mallard is next to the stadium and has a late licence. Stayed over after the league cup game and it was interesting watching the local wildlife come out to play. All nice folk but.

There's a wee pub built into the stadium which is good for a drink pre-match.

Yeah I've just done a search on Google Maps, it appears to be The Mallard that's next to the train station.

Do they have Sky in the pub? If so it looks like it's just a short distance from the ground so I'm assuming there would be plenty parking nearby?

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Yes, best to stay over night

Yeah definitely.

I've done the round trip in one day before and it's not good. Much better to unwind tomorrow night and then just take my time coming back on Sunday.

Albanian Hibs
22-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Getting the 8.32 train up to Inverness in the morning. Looking forward to it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Yeah I've just done a search on Google Maps, it appears to be The Mallard that's next to the train station.

Do they have Sky in the pub? If so it looks like it's just a short distance from the ground so I'm assuming there would be plenty parking nearby?

It had SKY the last time I was there (Sproule scored first for them) a few years ago.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Getting the 8.32 train up to Inverness in the morning. Looking forward to it.

:not worth

:top marks

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 10:27 PM
It had SKY the last time I was there (Sproule scored first for them) a few years ago.

Cheers for the info, I'll check it out when I get up there. :aok:

Do you recall if they allow football colours in the pub?

Hibeesforever
22-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Looking forward to it, travelling Saturday and returning Sunday. Hope the team turn up.

pacorosssco
22-09-2017, 10:35 PM

Should get a catch then :) . Fresh fish

SteveHFC
22-09-2017, 10:37 PM
7.30 train to Aberdeen then 10.15 train from Aberdeen to Inverness. :hyper

al1875
23-09-2017, 07:10 AM
Are most folk going to the Mallard then?

frazeHFC
23-09-2017, 07:34 AM

Used to love pubs in Inverness when I stayed there. My mate worked at Gunsmiths so spent a lot of nights in there but a quick Google and it's shut down. 😥

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Cheers for the info, I'll check it out when I get up there. :aok:

Do you recall if they allow football colours in the pub?

It certainly wasn't a problem that night.

NthCarolinaHibs
23-09-2017, 09:14 AM
In Dingwall overnight and the Mallard is decent..good few Hibees walking about last night...watching the uglies in the Mallard at lunchtime...lovely sunny morning here 💚🍷⚽

heretoday
23-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Dingwall is a dreadful place! Inverness is like Las Vegas compared to it. Go to the match and leave town is my advice.

Hibernian Verse
23-09-2017, 09:44 AM
How many loyalty points do we get for this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Dingwall is a dreadful place! Inverness is like Las Vegas compared to it. Go to the match and leave town is my advice.

Tiny wee place of around five thousand people, though. It's an achievement to have a professional club for such a small town, let alone a Premier League team.

Keith_M
23-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Tiny wee place of around five thousand people, though. It's an achievement to have a professional club for such a small town, let alone a Premier League team.

It also has the highest ratio of Attendance to Town/City Population of any team in Scotland.

NthCarolinaHibs
23-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Lovely wee toon..people could not be freindlier..

Northern Hibby
23-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Suppose I'd better start getting ready to go th Dingwall 😎

Sir David Gray
23-09-2017, 11:41 AM
It certainly wasn't a problem that night.

Cheers got in no problem. Sky Sports on the TV and colours are fine. :aok:

Wilson
23-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Are most folk going to the Mallard then?

Can't be ducked.

Billy Whizz
23-09-2017, 12:06 PM

I agree

BurghHibby
23-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Used to love pubs in Inverness when I stayed there. My mate worked at Gunsmiths so spent a lot of nights in there but a quick Google and it's shut down. 😥

Still open but empty last night

Pretty Boy
23-09-2017, 01:11 PM

Agreed. Always enjoyed a trip to Dingwall.

Particular hughlight was the SC game we won 1-0 when Caldwell was a subbed sub and Cairney got sent off for diving. They had a wee Christmas market thing in the town centre and I got to feed a reindeer.

The Pointer
23-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Agreed. Always enjoyed a trip to Dingwall.

Particular hughlight was the SC game we won 1-0 when Caldwell was a subbed sub and Cairney got sent off for diving. They had a wee Christmas market thing in the town centre and I got to feed a reindeer.

Ha, I was there too. It was a treat to myself the weekend before I got my hip done. I had a wander round the town and called into a couple of the pubs before getting the train back to Snecky. Had great chats with a few of the locals and really enjoyed the day. A few mates even saw me on Sky Sports singing away!

jacomo
23-09-2017, 01:39 PM
It also has the highest ratio of Attendance to Town/City Population of any team in Scotland.

And Scotland rates pretty high on overall attendance/population, so...