PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final in Belfast

Dalianwanda
22-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Now the draws made me and a couple of mates are in Belfast for that weekend. Will there be anywhere that will be showing it that won't get us in trouble with Celtic or Sevco fans? Other option is just stream it on the laptop in the Europa :-)

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Celtic v Hibernian - live coverage and a friendly welcome at the Queen's Arms, Shankill Road, Belfast. Team colours encouraged :offski:

Is It On....
22-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Celtic v Hibernian - live coverage and a friendly welcome at the Queen's Arms, Shankill Road, Belfast. Team colours encouraged :offski:

Ha ha ha...maybe you could have "Stokes" on your shirt as well.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-09-2017, 07:29 PM

Don't forget the tricolour as well otherwise you won't get in

Hillsidehibby
22-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Try the Shankhill Rangers Supporters Club. Just say Billy said it would be ok.

Lancs Harp
22-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Try the Shankhill Rangers Supporters Club. Just say Billy said it would be ok.

The code for the door is 1690

Eire hibs
22-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Now the draws made me and a couple of mates are in Belfast for that weekend. Will there be anywhere that will be showing it that won't get us in trouble with Celtic or Sevco fans? Other option is just stream it on the laptop in the Europa :-)You should be okay with most pubs centrally and ko time is too early for a lot of the lowlife. Whatever pub you watch it in just be sure to behave on the train journey home. [emoji23]🤣🤣[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2017, 08:03 PM

:aok:

Lennon on mine

Tornadoes70
22-09-2017, 08:08 PM

A warm welcome and a free pint if you're wearing a see you jimmy hat and lucky leprechauns on both shoulders :greengrin.

GGTTH

Mr White
22-09-2017, 08:27 PM
From my limited knowledge of Belfast city centre the problem you'll face is that a lot of decent pubs won't show it. Of the places that will it's a bit of a lottery as to whether expressing support for hibs will be more trouble than it's worth sadly.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2017, 08:38 PM
From my limited knowledge of Belfast city centre the problem you'll face is that a lot of decent pubs won't show it. Of the places that will it's a bit of a lottery as to whether expressing support for hibs will be more trouble than it's worth sadly.

Nae Hibs supporters club over there?

Mr White
22-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Nae Hibs supporters club over there?

I know there used to be. I don't know if it's still on the go. I think a couple of guys used to post on here. Maybe still do

Dalianwanda
22-09-2017, 08:47 PM
You should be okay with most pubs centrally and ko time is too early for a lot of the lowlife. Whatever pub you watch it in just be sure to behave on the train journey home. [emoji23]🤣🤣[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

haha........I wonder what that ticket guard is doing today??...Im a reformed character (and Im staying the night just in case)...Think its gonna be laptop job, which is cool..

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2017, 08:50 PM
haha........I wonder what that ticket guard is doing today??...Im a reformed character (and Im staying the night just in case)...Think its gonna be laptop job, which is cool..

Surely there will be plenty of pubs in West Belfast where you could watch a Hibs-Celtic game in peace? Celtic pubs should be fine I'm guessing?

Dalianwanda
22-09-2017, 08:54 PM
I would have thought so but just checking. My brother in law is through there and a Cliftonville Fan so hopefully he can help.

Hillsidehibby
22-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Surely there will be plenty of pubs in West Belfast where you could watch a Hibs-Celtic game in peace? Celtic pubs should be fine I'm guessing?

There are plenty of pubs in West Belfast where you could watch anything you like. If they don't recognise you its very uncomfortable.

Tornadoes70
23-09-2017, 12:19 AM

I was in Belfast around May 2007 and went down to breakfast in the hotel I was staying in dressed in my Hibs top to enjoy my breakfast. Just as I was about to enjoy my bacon and eggs etc in walked three huns all kitted out in hun tops. I got some very dirty looks and felt I was in danger of being attacked but sat tight until I had wolfed down the brekkers and made my way out of the breakfast room. Its a precarious city and maybe I was a bit gallus in wearing the colours but hey ho.

GGTTH

superbam
23-09-2017, 01:38 AM
Now the draws made me and a couple of mates are in Belfast for that weekend. Will there be anywhere that will be showing it that won't get us in trouble with Celtic or Sevco fans? Other option is just stream it on the laptop in the Europa :-)

I have watched hibs v celtic in West Belfast (Falls/Andersonstown area) before a couple of times and was no bother, just dont start getting it round folk too much if/when we score. It can be a struggle finding pubs around the city centre that show Scottish football, or certainly that was my experience a few years back.

Dalianwanda
23-09-2017, 06:58 AM
I have watched hibs v celtic in West Belfast (Falls/Andersonstown area) before a couple of times and was no bother, just dont start getting it round folk too much if/when we score. It can be a struggle finding pubs around the city centre that show Scottish football, or certainly that was my experience a few years back.

You know me Sam, just keep myself to myself.

vercol36
23-09-2017, 07:08 AM
I can promise you that it is much safer watching a game of football in Belfast City Centre than it is in Glasgow City Centre. Belfast has changed big time, and as long as you are careful (i.e. don't wear colours) you will be fine - in fact, in my experience of dealing with the locals, you will be engaged in ceaseless smalltalk.

Mr White
23-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Having thought about it a bit more there is actually somewhere I'd recommend- The Errigle on Ormeau Rd. It's a fairly big pub with lots of different rooms each with a TV. I watched ROI v Italy in the Euros in there last year and it was a good atmosphere.

Ormeau Rd is a fairly mixed and decent part of the city, in fact it reminds me of Leith Walk in some ways. It's not far from the centre and I suspect you'd be fine in there for the match. They also have a good range of local beers on tap :aok: