PDA

View Full Version : Lennon Press Conf, Ross Co.

WhileTheChief..
21-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Gives a really good insight into what he's trying to do at the club. I could listen to him talk about Hibs all day long. So much better than most manager's chat.

https://youtu.be/bQ3H3HWCxgQ

Steve20
21-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Time it was more than talk. We've let a decent start to the season turn into an average at best one. Anything other than a win on Saturday and we are struggling when you see our next couple of games after that.

Babyshamble
21-09-2017, 11:48 PM
Bed wetter.one defeat.get a grip.

SRHibs
21-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Bed wetter.one defeat.get a grip.

3 points from 12 colours it very differently, though.

madhatter
22-09-2017, 06:56 AM
3 points from 12 colours it very differently, though.

We drew 2-2 with Motherwell. Motherwell thrash Aberdeen 3-0. Not sure we should be too critical. We are a big club in Scotland (tiny in the world) but we are also the newly promoted team. The draw against Motherwell was very poor but we do not have a divine right to win games, I think players as well as the fans need to get that in their head. We're almost at the stage of booing the team if we draw or lose against anybody but Celtic.

If this team can be more consistent and become more streetwise (grind out results, be content with 2-0 and kill the game if they are having a bad spell) we'll be top 6 easily. Where in that top 6 depends on how quick they learn to do that.

Lennon could conceivably make us a greater force than Aberdeen quite quickly and challenge for 2nd in future years because Rangers aren't that great yet. However, as he said, delivery from corners has been poor - he's had to adjust that. He'll now need to look at our set play defence. So we are a work in progress.

Smartie
22-09-2017, 07:09 AM
Brilliant interview and I agree with every word Lennon says.

It is balanced and sensible, acknowledging that there are many positives whilst not hiding from the fact that we have some problems.

It gives you confidence that he knows what he's doing and will manage to make the changes required to sort it out.

Stevie Reid
22-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Always great to listen to.

Andy74
22-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Time it was more than talk. We've let a decent start to the season turn into an average at best one. Anything other than a win on Saturday and we are struggling when you see our next couple of games after that.

Short term maybe.

California-Hibs
22-09-2017, 01:32 PM
He always superb to listen too. We're quick to criticize when things go wrong, ie last weekend, but it's mostly down to the players once they cross the white line. Lennon can't come and grab an easy cross into the box.

He knows his stuff. He's a winner and sees things as they are.

tamig
22-09-2017, 06:51 PM

Lol. Why am I not surprised reading that from you?

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 06:59 PM
I am becoming happier all the time by him being our manager and I say that as someone who was far from thrilled when he was first appointed.

Brightside
22-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Oh my. Imagine if we every go down to 8th.

We've lost points when we shouldnt have tbf. But Aberdeen are struggling. couple of wins and we are back up in 3rd 4th... just relax.