PDA

View Full Version : Semi final draw - Hibs v Celtic

Pages : 1 [2]

Stuart93
22-09-2017, 06:52 AM
So it looks like a Celtic v Motherwell final then. I was hoping you'd get the huns and we'd meet you in the final

You's must be bored to tears, I know I would be

celtic1888
22-09-2017, 06:56 AM
I was hoping we'd meet you in the semis, so I wouldn't have to wait as long to give you a right royal (excuse the expression) pumping :aok:

It may well be our toughest game of the season! NL will have your team fired up for it and Stokes will be looking to prove a point imo

celtic1888
22-09-2017, 07:00 AM
You's must be bored to tears, I know I would be

I'll never get bored watching a winning side, after Macari, Barnes, Mowbray, Deila etc it's a great time to be a Celt (CL aside)

Salt N Sauzee
22-09-2017, 07:01 AM
Someone care to explain why we've got Celtic fans on this Forum?

Would we be so welcoming if it was Rangers fans? No wonder people think there's a Hibs Celtic love-in. Cringe.

JimBHibees
22-09-2017, 07:12 AM

Would we be so welcoming if it was Rangers fans? No wonder people think there's a Hibs Celtic love-in. Cringe.

Don't eee the issue there have been fans of loads of teams including Rangers on at one time or another good to get other views.

hibsbollah
22-09-2017, 07:15 AM
It may well be our toughest game of the season! NL will have your team fired up for it and Stokes will be looking to prove a point imo

Im pleased you know the end is near. It will be less painful for you when it comes. You won't stop Slivka :na na:

Gmack7
22-09-2017, 07:16 AM
Certainly better for pubs.

Unless youve already booked your usual pub for 9am on the Saturday.it will be Saturday

hibsbollah
22-09-2017, 07:17 AM

I heard something earlier in the thread about 'getting their end'. It might be connected :dunno:

S4uzee
22-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Lucky if we take 10-12K IMO

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2017, 07:23 AM
I'll never get bored watching a winning side, after Macari, Barnes, Mowbray, Deila etc it's a great time to be a Celt (CL aside)Except from getting a right royal pumping every 2nd week in Europe...shame when it's not a level playing field ah...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
22-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Lucky if we take 10-12K IMO

When have we ever taken less than we have season ticket holders, that would be an embarrassing turn out. Why should the team bother if we dont?

Mick O'Rourke
22-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Hibernian v Motherwell final would of course be good for the game
I do think Motherwell will beat the Zombies and reach the final.
It would also give us a chance to avenge the 1950/51 LC final against The Steelmen
A game Hibernian dominated by all accounts.
Where have we read that before?

On Celtic

Performance levels,grit and determination that we showed in our SC run and Cup ties last year will most definately be required.

Nothing less.

But........
As Jimmy Greaves used to say .......

Blaster
22-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Except from getting a right royal pumping every 2nd week in Europe...shame when it's not a level playing field ah...

To be fair to Celtic, their attendances until recently have generally been 4x ours and obviously much more than most other clubs. Is it their fault they get more income from that? Or the rangers for that matter?

Same with prize money. In all sports winners get higher prize money and it gets less the further down you finish. Is that wrong too? In terms of Scottish football I don't believe that's unfair

What is unfair is European football. This is simply based on TV revenues not simply attendance and deserved prize money. And let's face it that will never change

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2017, 07:33 AM
To be fair to Celtic, their attendances until recently have generally been 4x ours and obviously much more than most other clubs. Is it their fault they get more income from that? Or the rangers for that matter?

Same with prize money. In all sports winners get higher prize money and it gets less the further down you finish. Is that wrong too? In terms of Scottish football I don't believe that's unfair

What is unfair is European football. This is simply based on TV revenues not simply attendance and deserved prize money. And let's face it that will never changeIt is when their manager moans about it after said pumping....its exactly the same domestically in their favour. And their attendances are only as high due to glory hunting and said wins....

Bill Milne
22-09-2017, 07:54 AM
I notice the SPFL website has us down for Sunday 22nd.

Craigmount Hibs
22-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Just because we're the second tie. BBC website has the same.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-09-2017, 07:59 AM

If it's the Sunday we should be looking to get Derby moved, one days rest before any game is a joke.

MichaelTheCelt
22-09-2017, 08:02 AM
The east end of Hampden is easier to get to for fans travelling from Edinburgh than the west end. You can get out for a fag at half time in the east stand, you cant in the west for some bizarre reason .... there's two reasons for you.

The east end of Hampden is almost always the end Hibs are given, unless we are playing Celtic, that suggests that that end of Hampden is reserved for Celtic and in the opinion of a lot of fans, myself included, its indicative to us of the game being too ready to cow tow to the old firm ...... no its not a big deal, but giving Hibs the east end for this game would be symbolic of a change in that attitude. Its supposed to be a neutral venue and in that case Hibs should be entitled to make a case for getting the end which is most convenient for our fans, Celtic have no automatic 'right' to it.

Maybe it hasn't been an issue before, but perhaps its time it was along with anything else in the game that the 'old firm' think they have an automatic right to ...... here's another example. Celtic play Bayern Munich on the Wednesday night which would give them two days to prepare for this game if its played on the Saturday ..... Hibs play Hearts on the Tuesday night following the semi and if its played on the Sunday to suit Celtic giving them three days to prepare, that gives us one day to prepare for a derby match .... I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we find ourselves at Hampden on the Sunday.

Oh come on mate don't be ridiculous, the game against Hearts will need to be moved. There is no way they'll give you one day to prepare for a game.

Ich liebe Deek
22-09-2017, 08:02 AM
So it looks like a Celtic v Motherwell final then. I was hoping you'd get the huns and we'd meet you in the final
You were probably hoping not to get fingerblasted in Europe too.Still at least you're still the best fans in the world but for the odd attack on opposition players and singing of songs that have the square root of ***** all to with football.I know this won't offend you as playing the victim ain't the Celtic way.

celtic1888
22-09-2017, 08:06 AM
We have an element in our support right now that we could do without, but pretty much all teams do. Not offended in the slightest btw

HNA7
22-09-2017, 08:30 AM

Hibs.net is open to fans of all clubs, all they have to do is behave in a reasonable manner. We get a lot less hassle from them than we do from many Hibs fans.

Keith_M
22-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Just found out th draw an lookin forward to it already. I'll be back in Glasgow by then an hav a roughly 10 minute walk from ma hoos to Hampden :-)

Keith_M
22-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Oh come on mate don't be ridiculous, the game against Hearts will need to be moved. There is no way they'll give you one day to prepare for a game.

You get a lot of unnecessary stick on here mate but please just ignore it. I personally hav no problem with fans of other clubs posting on here, as long as theyr not just at th wind up.

Jones28
22-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Don't eee the issue there have been fans of loads of teams including Rangers on at one time or another good to get other views.

Agree to a point, but Huns and hearts fans would get launched a lot quicker.

MyJo
22-09-2017, 08:46 AM

Because they usually act like f***ys, the Celtc fans on this thread haven't pretended that they are hibs supporters or gone on the wind up and as far as i can see they are only really posting on threads about Celtic and being fairly reasonable so far?

We've got fans of Hearts, Aberdeen & Killie that i know of that post on here every so often.

Mr_F
22-09-2017, 08:47 AM

And rightfully so...

.Sean.
22-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Of course it matters, there's a new motorway been built with tax payers money that takes thousands from Edinburgh right to the East end of Hampden. It is an utter scandal to make these thousands travel all the way through Glasgow and back into the West end just to give Celtic their traditional end!

The east end of Hampden is easier to get to for fans travelling from Edinburgh than the west end. You can get out for a fag at half time in the east stand, you cant in the west for some bizarre reason .... there's two reasons for you.

The east end of Hampden is almost always the end Hibs are given, unless we are playing Celtic, that suggests that that end of Hampden is reserved for Celtic and in the opinion of a lot of fans, myself included, its indicative to us of the game being too ready to cow tow to the old firm ...... no its not a big deal, but giving Hibs the east end for this game would be symbolic of a change in that attitude. Its supposed to be a neutral venue and in that case Hibs should be entitled to make a case for getting the end which is most convenient for our fans, Celtic have no automatic 'right' to it.

Maybe it hasn't been an issue before, but perhaps its time it was along with anything else in the game that the 'old firm' think they have an automatic right to ...... here's another example. Celtic play Bayern Munich on the Wednesday night which would give them two days to prepare for this game if its played on the Saturday ..... Hibs play Hearts on the Tuesday night following the semi and if its played on the Sunday to suit Celtic giving them three days to prepare, that gives us one day to prepare for a derby match .... I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we find ourselves at Hampden on the Sunday.Two excellent posts.

As has been alluded to I really hope the fans reps pick up on this and take it to the board.

.Sean.
22-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Correct.

**** Celtic

Mikey
22-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Two excellent posts.

As has been alluded to I really hope the fans reps pick up on this and take it to the board.

I've sent Tracey a PM to draw her attention to this thread.

Blaster
22-09-2017, 09:25 AM
When I was younger I always wanted hibs to get to hampden as it was rare for us to do so

Now we are concerned what end we get. I'd like to think the fans reps have bigger things to worry about.

MichaelTheCelt
22-09-2017, 09:31 AM
When I was younger I always wanted hibs to get to hampden as it was rare for us to do so

Now we are concerned what end we get. I'd like to think the fans reps have bigger things to worry about.
Well it is fast becoming your second home I suppose, I can see why you'd want it to become more comfortable :wink:

Honestly if that end thing is a big a deal as some of you say and it is a hassle logistics wise then I can't see it being a big deal swapping ends? I mean I've never heard anyone on our side lay claim to that end, to be honest I've never even thought about it as our end or anything like that.

Jones28
22-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Because they usually act like f***ys, the Celtc fans on this thread haven't pretended that they are hibs supporters or gone on the wind up and as far as i can see they are only really posting on threads about Celtic and being fairly reasonable so far?

We've got fans of Hearts, Aberdeen & Killie that i know of that post on here every so often.

Agreed

NZ Green
Watch us beat Celtic, then lose to 'well in the final.

jgl07
If it's the Sunday we should be looking to get Derby moved, one days rest before any game is a joke.

I can't see the match being on Saturday lunchtime with Celtic away at Bayern on the Wednesday.

All matches are on BT Sport so put the SF on Sunday and move Hibs-Hearts to Wednesday.

Wilson
22-09-2017, 09:48 AM

You can look too far ahead. I think everyone would be happy to beat Celtic and secure another final.

hibee_girl
22-09-2017, 09:48 AM
I can't see the match being on Saturday lunchtime with Celtic away at Bayern on the Wednesday.

All matches are on BT Sport so put the SF on Sunday and move Hibs-Hearts to Wednesday.

They've already moved the derby once for tv, can't see them doing it again.

We'll be playing on the Saturday

Blaster
22-09-2017, 09:49 AM
They've already moved the derby once for tv, can't see them doing it again.

We'll be playing on the Saturday

I think Aberdeen play Celtic on the Wednesday live on the telly too

hibsbollah
22-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Hibs.net is open to fans of all clubs, all they have to do is behave in a reasonable manner. We get a lot less hassle from them than we do from many Hibs fans.

:agree: having fans of other clubs on here is a lot less annoying than the predictable tubes who come on solely to give them abuse.

green&left
22-09-2017, 09:56 AM

Hibs v Hearts was originally moved from the Wednesday to the Tuesday for TV. On that Wednesday Aberdeen v Celtic is live on BT also. BT won't move us back to the Wednesday as they'll effectively half their viewing figures if you're showing us v Hearts and Dons v Celtic at the same time.

A quick look at a Sellick forum and the tims seem to suggest it'll be a Saturday also. A few pointed out they played in Georgia on a Wednesday then played Hearts at 12.15 on the opening game of this season...

.Sean.
22-09-2017, 09:56 AM
That's the spirit

Juice-Terry
22-09-2017, 09:57 AM
HAS to be Saturday. Two days for Celtc to prepare for us and two day for us to prepare for Hertz.

MyJo
22-09-2017, 10:00 AM

The derby was originally scheduled for the Wednesday but moved to the tuesday when it was chosen for TV coverage.

Playing it on the Saturday gives both teams two days between thier respective matches

Johnny Clash
22-09-2017, 10:15 AM
All the usual drinking holes we go to at hampen will presumably be full of Celtc fans. A few posters on here have mentioned sharing venues in past and there was plenty rivalry and banter but no trouble. No doubt that'll happen again. I was with bus loads of hibees were in the Squirrell for THE final - and it was bouncing - not sure if it'll be mixed this time around?

I also wonder if those with the 'two cheeks of the same arse' point of view will be going to The Rangers establishments before the game? Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that but that's coz I do think there a different between these two clubs. Pumping Celtc will be really great though!!

Steve20
22-09-2017, 10:19 AM
All the usual drinking holes we go to at hampen will presumably be full of Celtc fans. A few posters on here have mentioned sharing venues in past and there was plenty rivalry and banter but no trouble. No doubt that'll happen again. I was with bus loads of hibees were in the Squirrell for THE final - and it was bouncing - not sure if it'll be mixed this time around?

I also wonder if those with the 'two cheeks of the same arse' point of view will be going to The Rangers establishments before the game? Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that but that's coz I do think there a different between these two clubs. Pumping Celtc will be really great though!!

All that just to say you have a soft spot for Celtic?

snooky
22-09-2017, 10:32 AM

That's the spirit

To be fair, a lot of teams have beaten one of the OF in the semis and thought they just had to turn up to win the cup as they felt they'd already played "the final".
Clang! :loser: :boo hoo:

MyJo
22-09-2017, 10:36 AM
To be fair, a lot of teams have beaten one of the OF in the semis and thought they just had to turn up to win the cup as they felt they'd already played "the final".

Including Rangers :hilarious

oneone73
22-09-2017, 10:37 AM

Witness 2004. Put out both sets of bigots, then lost the final.

HFCdeb
22-09-2017, 11:00 AM
John McGinn to own Scott Brown and Celtic to try and buy him in January.

where'stheslope
22-09-2017, 11:40 AM
John McGinn to own Scott Brown and Celtic to try and buy him in January.

Scott Brown will kick McGinn's arse and as always get away with it!!!

Then they will come in at the window and buy him in instalments as he is gradually put back together bit by bit!!!!

Wilson
22-09-2017, 12:06 PM

I don't think any team will underestimate this Motherwell side after their dismantling of Aberdeen...

therealgavmac
22-09-2017, 12:54 PM
I don't think any team will underestimate this Motherwell side after their dismantling of Aberdeen...

This...... to be honest, if we manage to get past Celtic, I'd prefer the Huns in the final

hibsbollah
22-09-2017, 12:56 PM
All that just to say you have a soft spot for Celtic?

:rolleyes:ridiculous and classless comment.

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2017, 01:28 PM
I'll never get bored watching a winning side, after Macari, Barnes, Mowbray, Deila etc it's a great time to be a Celt (CL aside)

Awe, boo hoo hoo :boo hoo:

Macari was in charge for 9 months
Barnes was in charge for 9 months
Mowbray lasted 10 months

As for Delia ...... he won two league titles and one League cup. And there's the difference right there, to you that makes him a failure, to us the guy would be an all time legend.

In the just over 23 year period since the first manager on your list was appointed Celtic have won 13 league titles, 8 Scottish cups and 7 League cups ... and you can chuck in a UEFA cup final. In that same period Hibs have won 1 Scottish cup and 1 League cup.

Aye, it must be a great time to be a Celt after all those, 'gosh !!!' MONTHS in the wilderness ..... truly the worlds best supporters :faf:

ShinyFantastic
22-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Officially on the Saturday. 12:15 kick off

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2017, 01:48 PM
When have we ever taken less than we have season ticket holders, that would be an embarrassing turn out. Why should the team bother if we dont?

1. professionalism
2. they still get paid regardless of amount of fans

why do hamiton players bother :dunno:

Jack Hackett
22-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Moult is razor sharp, it’s a pity we didn’t get him on the window
Works so hard as well

:agree:

I'd actually have preferred him to Stokes as our 'must have' in the window... Happy though I am to have got him.

Mikey
22-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Officially on the Saturday. 12:15 kick off

Where is it confirmed?

green&left
22-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Where is it confirmed?

Cylde super scoreboard tweeted it about 20 mins ago. Nothing yet from either club though

h185forever
22-09-2017, 02:36 PM
SPFL site has us on the Sunday at 3pm

erin go bragh
22-09-2017, 02:52 PM
SPFL site has us on the Sunday at 3pm

Can't see that happening as we play pink Orcs on the Tuesday.

CorrieHibs
22-09-2017, 02:52 PM

Mowbray lasted 10 months

As for Delia ...... he won two league titles and one League cup. And there's the difference right there, to you that makes him a failure, to us the guy would be an all time legend.

In the just over 23 year period since the first manager on your list was appointed Celtic have won 13 league titles, 8 Scottish cups and 7 League cups ... and you can chuck in a UEFA cup final. In that same period Hibs have won 1 Scottish cup and 1 League cup.

Aye, it must be a great time to be a Celt after all those, 'gosh !!!' MONTHS in the wilderness ..... truly the worlds best supporters :faf:

Brilliant!!

Nakedmanoncrack
22-09-2017, 02:55 PM

Historically, around 12-15K for a semi is the upper end norm, I expect we'll ask for half the stadium but we won't need it. Celtic don't usually sell out semis either though.

Albanian Hibs
22-09-2017, 03:00 PM
It has now been confirmed as Saturday at 12.15pm

CallumLaidlaw
22-09-2017, 03:02 PM
both ties confirmed now.

Ours , Saturday 12.15.
Well v Sevco - Sunday 2.30pm

Billy Whizz
22-09-2017, 03:07 PM
both ties confirmed now.

Ours , Saturday 12.15.
Well v Sevco - Sunday 2.30pm

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/dates-set-for-betfred-cup-semi-finals/

IlDiavola
22-09-2017, 05:15 PM

Mowbray lasted 10 months

:thumbsup:Good stuff.

jgl07
22-09-2017, 05:55 PM

Mowbray lasted 10 months

To be fair, Celtic were pretty gash throughout the 1990s apart from 1997-8 under a variety of managers. They were even worse in the postwar period prior to the Jock Stein era with only one League title over a 20 year period.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Celtic were regularly down to crowds of around twenty thousand in the early nineties. Rangers were at less than ten thousand in the early eighties.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 06:04 PM
What is this issue with who get what end? Do not get this at all, do you want the other end? Has this ever been an issue before? Or are you trying to make this a bigger deal than it is? Why do you think everything is designed to suit one club over another? Undoubtedly the EBT scandal has highlighted bias from the very top of our game but what advantage does anyone get from which end they get at the national stadium :confused: Are you just looking for a bogey man?

The fact that we have an acceptance of there being a "Celtic end" and a "Rangers end" at a national stadium is symptomatic of a wider issue within Scottish football where everything is geared up for the benefit of two clubs.

Of course in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter a great deal but I find it pathetic that Celtic and Rangers fans always sit at one end of Hampden just because that's the way it's always been. As I said in my last post if both clubs are happy with that arrangement whenever you play each other at Hampden then feel free to continue with that.

I just don't see why we need to sit in the west end of Hampden for this game just because we're playing Celtic and Motherwell fans need to sit in the east end for their semi final just because they're playing Rangers.

It's an absolute nonsense.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2017, 06:08 PM

It would give me great pleasure for us to be the team that ends your hopes of a back to back treble. :bye:

Onion
22-09-2017, 06:17 PM

Mowbray lasted 10 months

:greengrin That post and reply sums up the OF perfectly. Sadly, they just don't get it. :thumbsup:

Eyrie
22-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Mowbray lasted 10 months

:not worth

celtic1888
23-09-2017, 04:46 AM

Mowbray lasted 10 months

Well, when you put it like that... :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2017, 10:49 AM

Yup, sorry mate as an old firm fan you wont get much sympathy on any fans site if you start winging about the managers who didn't win you anything, that's the bog standard experience for the rest of us which tends to last for manager after manager and for years, not months.

Its also why the rest of us tend to scoff at the self proclaimed 'best fans in the world' tag ..... we can all remember periods when huge numbers of the 'best fans in the world' decided that the best place to support the Celts from on a Saturday was anywhere but Celtic park. Don't get me wrong, that happens to all clubs going through a sticky patch, but the way you lot go on you would think that's not the case with Celtic when in truth you probably lose a bigger percentage of your home support when things are going badly than most Scottish clubs.

Still, when you are a fan used to your club winning something most seasons it must be hard to motivate yourself to get on that bus or train that takes you in the opposite direction from the club you should be supporting to go glory hunting with the Celts when the glory has dried up for a while ...... I don't mean you personally by the way, for all I know you come from Glasgow and actually aren't a glory hunter turning his back on the old home town team :aok:

hibbycraig
23-09-2017, 11:10 AM

Mowbray lasted 10 months

We've won 2 league titles too!

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2017, 11:34 AM
We've won 2 league titles too!

Aye, so we have ...... In the context of the argument that comes more under the heading of recovery from failure than actual success though. In fact it sort of goes towards an example of the difference between what its like to follow Celtic compared to other clubs .... I would contest that the celebrations when Hibs have won the old first division or championship were more to do with us returning to the 'big time' rather than a celebration of winning a league, purely because these leagues were ones you would expect Hibs to win given our relative strength compared to our opponents.

That's got to be the same for Celtic .... they bloody should be expecting to win the league given their vast resources compared to everybody else.

heretoday
23-09-2017, 01:47 PM
This is a Hibs site.

It would be amazing if we could match Celtic at Hampden. We won't win obviously.

IlDiavola
23-09-2017, 03:09 PM

He did put it rather well didn't he?

:greengrin:greengrin

celtic1888
23-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Yup, sorry mate as an old firm fan you wont get much sympathy on any fans site if you start winging about the managers who didn't win you anything, that's the bog standard experience for the rest of us which tends to last for manager after manager and for years, not months.

Its also why the rest of us tend to scoff at the self proclaimed 'best fans in the world' tag ..... we can all remember periods when huge numbers of the 'best fans in the world' decided that the best place to support the Celts from on a Saturday was anywhere but Celtic park. Don't get me wrong, that happens to all clubs going through a sticky patch, but the way you lot go on you would think that's not the case with Celtic when in truth you probably lose a bigger percentage of your home support when things are going badly than most Scottish clubs.

Still, when you are a fan used to your club winning something most seasons it must be hard to motivate yourself to get on that bus or train that takes you in the opposite direction from the club you should be supporting to go glory hunting with the Celts when the glory has dried up for a while ...... I don't mean you personally by the way, for all I know you come from Glasgow and actually aren't a glory hunter turning his back on the old home town team :aok:
I am from Glasgow and support my team win, lose or draw. Completely understand where you're coming from though :thumbsup:

jgl07
23-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Celtic were regularly down to crowds of around twenty thousand in the early nineties. Rangers were at less than ten thousand in the early eighties.

Celtic crowds were down to around 8,000 when the boycott was on. They even had a crowd something like that after the McCann takeover.

McCann, it has to be said, did a great job at Celtic and later the foundations for the current financial situation.

LancashireHibby
24-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Memory has failed me. Is it Kings Park or Mount Florida for the West Stand?

(Also happy to point out that it's a very common tactic in managing big games that clubs get allocated the same end whenever possible, it's just in Scotland where it ends up being associated with those two packs of *****)

Nakedmanoncrack
25-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Memory has failed me. Is it Kings Park or Mount Florida for the West Stand?

(Also happy to point out that it's a very common tactic in managing big games that clubs get allocated the same end whenever possible, it's just in Scotland where it ends up being associated with those two packs of *****)

Mount Florida.