PDA

View Full Version : The top 4 in the country

MacGruber
21-09-2017, 11:29 AM
Let's face it, it's likely to be Aberdeen progressing tonight.

You always look for upsets and it's nice when it happens but more often than not it boils down to the big guns. The League Cup probably even more so now with seedings.
Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen and The Rangers 2012. It's what you expect at the start I suppose. Like Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray at the tennis opens.
Always nice to see a surprise name at the semi final stage but it's never very likely.

21 times at Hampden since 2000. We should have bought a time share.

Beefster
21-09-2017, 11:30 AM

You always look for upsets and it's nice when it happens but more often than not it boils down to the big guns. The League Cup probably even more so now with seedings.
Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen and The Rangers 2012. It's what you expect at the start I suppose. Like Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray at the tennis opens.
Always nice to see a surprise name at the semi final stage but it's never very likely.

22 for me. I chummed Mrs Beefster to see Neil Diamond.

lord bunberry
21-09-2017, 11:36 AM
22 for me. I chummed Mrs Beefster to see Neil Diamond.
Aye, sure you did. :wink:

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 11:37 AM

Yip, would have been great if Livingston made it through :wink:

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Yip, would have been great if Livingston made it through :wink:Why is that ? are you scared of us me thinks ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2017, 11:49 AM

I cant recall us playing Queens Park during that time, which means that in those 21 visits and considering we played 2 winning semi finals at Tynecastle our record out of those 21 games is:

Played 21, won 5 lost 16 ........ Our record at Hampden is honking :greengrin

Firestarter
21-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Motherwell to win tonight

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Yip, would have been great if Livingston made it through :wink:

fail fail

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 12:02 PM
fail fail
Ah lighten up, the OP said cup upsets are nice. Hibs losing to Livingston would have been a massive upset, and hardly nice from a Hibs point of view.

A wittier reply would have been, pity Celtic didn't lose to Dundee...

Bobo
21-09-2017, 12:20 PM
[/B]I cant recall us playing Queens Park during that time, which means that in those 21 visits and considering we played 2 winning semi finals at Tynecastle our record out of those 21 games is:

http://www.ihibs.co.uk/hibs/game.php?gameid=73962 make it 22 :wink:

calumhibee1
21-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Ah lighten up, the OP said cup upsets are nice. Hibs losing to Livingston would have been a massive upset, and hardly nice from a Hibs point of view.

Out of interest, how do you see Hibs V Celtic at Easter Road going? I know alot of Hibs fans, myself included, are of the opinion that if anybody is going to do beat Celtic then we've a better chance than anyone (at Easter Road of course).

Having not played us for a few years we might manage to be a bit of a surprise package to you lot. I can't see you getting beat at Ibrox any time soon purely because it's still a massive game for you lot. You know all about Aberdeen, but the hope would be that you would maybe underestimate us a bit. Who do you reckon is the most likely team to finally beat you?

calumhibee1
21-09-2017, 12:50 PM
http://www.ihibs.co.uk/hibs/game.php?gameid=73962 make it 22 :wink:

That starting line up is horrendous. Off topic, Joneleit signed for Genk, played 62 games for Genk and won the Belgian league with them!

JeMeSouviens
21-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Out of interest, how do you see Hibs V Celtic at Easter Road going? I know alot of Hibs fans, myself included, are of the opinion that if anybody is going to do beat Celtic then we've a better chance than anyone (at Easter Road of course).

Having not played us for a few years we might manage to be a bit of a surprise package to you lot. I can't see you getting beat at Ibrox any time soon purely because it's still a massive game for you lot. You know all about Aberdeen, but the hope would be that you would maybe underestimate us a bit. Who do you reckon is the most likely team to finally beat you?

I think the best chance of beating them is after they get a good result in Europe and about the only chance of that is v Anderlecht. So, who plays them after they play Anderlecht?

Wed, 27th Sep Anderlecht UEFA Champions League 19:45 A
Sat, 30th Sep Hibernian Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 H

... and ...

Tue, 5th Dec Anderlecht UEFA Champions League 19:45 H
Sun, 10th Dec Hibernian Ladbrokes Premiership 12:30 A

:hmmm:

The_Horde
21-09-2017, 12:52 PM

Pity Celtic don't drop off the face of the earth and take their patronising fans with delusions of superiority and friendship with them.

Is that a better joke?

BigT-Hibeez
21-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Pity Celtic don't drop off the face of the earth and take their patronising fans with delusions of superiority and friendship with them.

Is that a better joke?

Made me laugh

SirDavidsNapper
21-09-2017, 01:09 PM
The 4 biggest clubs in the country will be in the semis

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 02:36 PM

It really could go either way to be fair man, Hibs have looked a bit dodgy at the back but so have we albeit we're not conceding many it will take a team with good composed strikers to finish those chances.

The two away grounds that I can see us potentially dropping points/facing our first domestic defeat this season are at Pittodrie and Easter Road. Hibs are still an unknown at the moment so yer right the element of surprise and underestimating on our part is always there, Easter Road is never an easy away game anyway.

We're going to get beat at some point domestically, my preference would be that it isn't The Rangers that hand us that and as long as the defeat is in the league and not the cups.

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 02:37 PM

Is that a better joke?
Nah pish, must try harder.

2/10 for effort.

Green Man
21-09-2017, 03:12 PM
[/B]I cant recall us playing Queens Park during that time, which means that in those 21 visits and considering we played 2 winning semi finals at Tynecastle our record out of those 21 games is:

I'm not sure that's quite right - as well as the two cup wins in that time, I can think of at least 5 semi final wins.

Tornadoes70
21-09-2017, 03:14 PM
It really could go either way to be fair man, Hibs have looked a bit dodgy at the back but so have we albeit we're not conceding many it will take a team with good composed strikers to finish those chances.

The two away grounds that I can see us potentially dropping points/facing our first domestic defeat this season are at Pittodrie and Easter Road. Hibs are still an unknown at the moment so yer right the element of surprise and underestimating on our part is always there, Easter Road is never an easy away game anyway.

We're going to get beat at some point domestically, my preference would be that it isn't The Rangers that hand us that and as long as the defeat is in the league and not the cups.

Had to laugh out loud when Celtic reached their going for 55 against the new hun's falsely made bald assertion they were going for 55 last season :greengrin. 56 unbeaten now, some record.

Me thinks Celtic v new huns derby will be the draw in the cup and we'll get Aberdeen or Motherwell.

If we do end up with Celtic in the draw, then bring it on.

:flag:

ekhibee
21-09-2017, 04:25 PM
If Motherwell play like they did against us, particularly in the last half hour, IMO they'll beat Aberdeen. Interesting game and hard to call.

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2017, 04:31 PM
The 4 biggest clubs in the country will be in the semis

You've just sent Hunchback into meltdown :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
21-09-2017, 04:56 PM
You've just sent Hunchback into meltdown :greengrin

Maybe the truth hurts

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Nah pish, must try harder.

2/10 for effort.

You're being too generous.

Pete
21-09-2017, 07:22 PM
You're being too generous.

Keep the Liverpool/Celtic love-ins off this board please.

😚

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Keep the Liverpool/Celtic love-ins off this board please.

😚

**** all to do with Lpool or Celtic and all to do with the pish response to a decent poster!

Firestarter
21-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Motherwell to win tonight

Thank god I hit it large too.

Bobo
21-09-2017, 08:42 PM
That starting line up is horrendous. Off topic, Joneleit signed for Genk, played 62 games for Genk and won the Belgian league with them!

Certainly was and they managed to live up to their lack of ability by only just managing to scrape through the tie in what was a typically dire performance! There was only 3 players of worth that started the match, so glad the days of signing the likes of the rest of the dross are well behind us.

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 08:48 PM
All green semi

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 08:57 PM
All green semiYou should go to the doc and get cream to rub on that [emoji16]

Pete
21-09-2017, 08:59 PM
All green semi

:agree:

The Green cousins/Shared identity/lets all be mates semi.

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 09:03 PM
:agree:

The Green cousins/Shared identity/lets all be mates semi.
Yip it will be a wonderful occasion. I'll wear my half Celtic half Hibs Jersey along with my half and half scarf, and no matter the score we'll all go down the Brazen for a wee sing song later and hold hands.

Will be a great story for the grandchildren.

Scott Allan Key
21-09-2017, 09:22 PM
You should go to the doc and get cream to rub on that [emoji16]

Ahhh, that's better...

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Yip it will be a wonderful occasion. I'll wear my half Celtic half Hibs Jersey along with my half and half scarf, and no matter the score we'll all go down the Brazen for a wee sing song later and hold hands.

Will be a great story for the grandchildren.Prefer the Saree heid, get a good band in there [emoji6]

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Prefer the Saree heid, get a good band in there [emoji6]

You've been in the Saree heid? How'd ye end up in there mate?

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 09:43 PM
You've been in the Saree heid? How'd ye end up in there mate? Old man used to drink in the balmore from time to timeWent to see the tones in the barrowland, Barry night,the Saree was jumping [emoji106]

Pete
21-09-2017, 09:47 PM
That's it.

I say we just do away with the segregation. Guinness all round!!☘️🇨🇮🔫🎻🥔🍺

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 09:53 PM
That's it.

I say we just do away with the segregation. Guinness all round!![emoji891]️[emoji1081][emoji379][emoji447]🥔[emoji481]GUINNESS!!!!! ,wouldn't touch that,cos of what they did in the uprising ,but that's for another day, now beamish and a Jamesons would do [emoji106]

weecounty hibby
21-09-2017, 10:00 PM
GUINNESS!!!!! ,wouldn't touch that,cos of what they did in the uprising ,but that's for another day, now beamish and a Jamesons would do [emoji106]

John Jameson. A son of the Wee County. Born and raised in Alloa and buried in the Greenside cemetery in the town. Taught the Irish how to make whisk(e)y!!

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 10:04 PM
John Jameson. A son of the Wee County. Born and raised in Alloa and buried in the Greenside cemetery in the town. Taught the Irish how to make whisk(e)y!!Num num num num glug glug glug shuper nip hic ,time for seepy bye bye [emoji106]

weecounty hibby
21-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Num num num num glug glug glug shuper nip hic ,time for seepy bye bye [emoji106]

It has that effect on me too!! :-)

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 10:11 PM
It has that effect on me too!! :-)Num num num numhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170921/7e065229780d36a8046dca1a71ebcc36.jpg

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Went to see the tones in the barrowland, Barry night,the Saree was jumping [emoji106]

Hawd the bus there, you went to see the Wolfe Tones? Where's that David Gray poster when you need him to call you a bigot :hilarious

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 10:27 PM
Hawd the bus there, you went to see the Wolfe Tones? Where's that David Gray poster when you need him to call you a bigot :hilariousThe tones are just a folk band [emoji6]. and I like them ,how dare you call me a Billy bigot [emoji24],I am hurt.

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 10:33 PM
The tones are just a folk band [emoji6]. and I like them ,how dare you call me a Billy bigot [emoji24],I am hurt.

Course they are mate, eff all wrong with the Irish folk songs. Whits yer favourite wolfe tones tune?

I do love their rendition of Sean South, but the Broad Black Brimmer is great for a right sing song with yer pals after a few rounds.

HoboHarry
21-09-2017, 10:40 PM
All green semi

Green Lantern get you all fired up again did he?

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Course they are mate, eff all wrong with the Irish folk songs. Whits yer favourite wolfe tones tune?

I do love their rendition of Sean South, but the Broad Black Brimmer is great for a right sing song with yer pals after a few rounds.All of them, my granny introduced me to them a long time ago ,she's gone now,but she used to clean the priests quarters in st pats church in the cowgate,and put their songs on the record player ,obviously when the priests where not there[emoji6]. Any way if pushed it would be the ballad of James connolly or erin go bragh.

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 10:51 PM
All of them, my granny introduced me to them a long time ago ,she's gone now,but she used to clean the priests quarters in st pats church in the cowgate,and put their songs on the record player ,obviously when the priests where not there[emoji6]. Any way if pushed it would be the ballad of James connolly or erin go bragh.

They mention the Hibees in a song too don't they?

Why isn't there a thread on Hibs.net titled Post your favourite rebel song or Your favourite rebel song :cb

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 11:00 PM
They mention the Hibees in a song too don't they?

Why isn't there a thread on Hibs.net titled Post your favourite rebel song or Your favourite rebel song :cbNah, as I said my politics and leanings are my own and wouldn't try and foist them on other posters on hibs.net. ,anyway hope we gun you in the coming league and cup games lol[emoji106]

MichaelTheCelt
21-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Nah, as I said my politics and leanings are my own and wouldn't try and foist them on other posters on hibs.net. ,anyway hope we gun you in the coming league and cup games lol[emoji106]

Of course man, I'm only joking anyway. I tend to keep my political feelings even to myself on Celtic forums.

I hope yous don't haha.

Hibbycol
21-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Of course man, I'm only joking anyway. I tend to keep my political feelings even to myself on Celtic forums.

I hope yous don't haha.You have to lose in the league or cups at some stage [emoji6][emoji106]

edinburghhibee
22-09-2017, 09:06 AM
So games been played on the 22nd October! Hearts on the 24th still? Or is that being changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk