heretoday
20-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Jason lines up at The Bridge v Chelsea.

Onceinawhile
20-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Good luck to him!

heretoday
20-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Playing tonight against Hazard and Fabregas. Makes a change from Falkirk.

He'll be on the blower to his pal McGinn later no doubt.

hibee_girl
20-09-2017, 06:59 PM
1-0 to Chelsea

Souter96Mac
20-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Am I right in saying we have a sell on % for JC?

heretoday
20-09-2017, 07:04 PM
2-0 they are just bigger, fitter, faster and better than Forest. Huge great blokes.

green day
20-09-2017, 07:07 PM
2-0 they are just bigger, fitter, faster and better than Forest. Huge great blokes.

Is it on TV?

Iggy Pope
20-09-2017, 07:07 PM

By which time they will have been pumped and he will be back to playing up north where it's grim.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Is it on TV?

No.

3-0 Chelsea

heretoday
20-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Is it on TV?

Only illegally!

heretoday
20-09-2017, 07:31 PM
It's the way it goes really. Forest won two European Cups and several other honours under Brian Clough.

Back in the day, they would have taken Chelsea to the cleaners. Players like Woodcock, Francis and Birtles.

But time waits for no man.

theonlywayisup
20-09-2017, 07:44 PM
He got a mention on the BBC website:

27' Foul by Jason Cummings (Nottingham Forest).

Iggy Pope
20-09-2017, 07:49 PM
It's the way it goes really. Forest won two European Cups and several other honours under Brian Clough.

Back in the day, they would have taken Chelsea to the cleaners. Players like Woodcock, Francis and Birtles.

But time waits for no man.

Late 60s Forest couldn't afford the same cleaners as Chelsea though. Far bigger club in every respect.

Edit: apologies to those tuning in purely for Jason updates!

bigwheel
20-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Late 60s Forest couldn't afford the same cleaners as Chelsea though. Far bigger club in every respect.

Edit: apologies to those tuning in purely for Jason updates!

Until Abramovich took them over , other than being a London big city club, there was nothing about Chelsea that was big club ... one top league championship in their history ...

Forest in the 70s and 80s were a household name Across the world...

I have no affiliation with them, but they are a proper football club - with a good heritage

Bostonhibby
20-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Until Abramovich took them over , other than being a London big city club, there was nothing about Chelsea that was big club ... one top league championship in their history ...

I have no affiliation with them, but they are a proper football club - with a good heritageTrue at the time, I had an affection for forest under cloughie and used to go to see them. A few dodgy owners since, and now and they're still on the slide.

Men against boys tonight.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thecat23
20-09-2017, 08:07 PM

I have no affiliation with them, but they are a proper football club - with a good heritage

Spot on, Chelsea were run of the mill back then. Forest were a proper team! Times change of course but Chelsea were never a "big team."

SkintHibby
20-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Cummings will be back playing in Scottish football within two years. Just another following a well trodden path and nothing about him suggests he'll buck the trend and be an Andy Robertson type.

heretoday
20-09-2017, 08:09 PM

I agree. Chelsea were excellent in the 60s and early 70s but got relegated for a while in the 80s. They were pretty awful.

I speak as someone who lived in London in the 70s and watched Chelsea a lot!

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-09-2017, 08:20 PM
So much to learn in the game and the best place for that development imo was easter road for at least another 12 months.

Best of luck to the lad but I've a feeling he'll get lost down there

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Been watching a bit of this game, i think i have touched the ball more than JC has.

AZhibee
20-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Been watching a bit of this game, i think i have touched the ball more than JC has.

You're touching what?

ancient hibee
20-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Going to Forest was a huge mistake by Cummings.His game depends on quick ball and he is very good at scoring from it.Warburton's teams never play two passes when they can play twenty two while the other team's defence goes for a cup of tea and a game of cards.As a result he will not look anything like the player he could be.

bigwheel
20-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Going to Forest was a huge mistake by Cummings.His game depends on quick ball and he is very good at scoring from it.Warburton's teams never play two passes when they can play twenty two while the other team's defence goes for a cup of tea and a game of cards.As a result he will not look anything like the player he could be.

it's a fair point this...Warbuton's team rarely cross the ball..and Cummings is all about getting on the end of things...

heretoday
20-09-2017, 08:38 PM

Did he have a choice?

ancient hibee
20-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Did he have a choice?
He could have stayed where he was.He didn't have to go anywhere.

Deansy
20-09-2017, 08:48 PM

Agreed but more because of the fact that Warburton is a genuinely gash manager, he proved that at 'Greyskull' - Cummings will learn zero from him !

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Agreed but more because of the fact that Warburton is a genuinely gash manager, he proved that at 'Greyskull' - Cummings will learn zero from him !

He done well at Brentford.

I agree with the original poster in that it's the style more than anything that will cause problems for Jase

weecounty hibby
20-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Poor career choice by JC. If it was all about the money fine, he'll be on way more than we could pay. If it was about progressing his career then Forest wasn't a good choice. Also rans in a very tough league, he'll be lucky to get enough game time to make an impression and improve his game. Should have stayed at ER scored some goals raised his exposure to real managers in England, improved against stronger opposition, got a move to a better club next summer or maybe even January. I fear that we may see him back in Scotland next season.

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2017, 08:57 PM
JC scored a lot of goals for us, in games that were mostly against teams parking the bus, bar cup games against teams who were in the division above us.

It's a myth he needs the ball played quickly, whatever that actually means?

He'd struggle in many sides down in England due to his lack of quality and strength at that level.

Back up the road before his contract is done.

OsloHibs
20-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Some of you are so harsh! He's a young lad leaving home for the first time going to a brutal league that's harder than our championship, he'll take time- but I'm confident the boy will do well. Forest are a great club, and I would've done the same move if I was him.

SON OF PADDY
20-09-2017, 09:53 PM

☎ Hi SJM It's Jason ! Still fancy joining me at NFFC ?
SJM " NO THANKS " we're in another semi-final"
GGTTH 😁 🇳🇬 🇳🇬

ancient hibee
20-09-2017, 09:56 PM
JC scored a lot of goals for us, in games that were mostly against teams parking the bus, bar cup games against teams who were in the division above us.

It's a myth he needs the ball played quickly, whatever that actually means?

He'd struggle in many sides down in England due to his lack of quality and strength at that level.

Back up the road before his contract is done.
You really don't know what quick ball means?New to football are you?

Is It On....
20-09-2017, 09:56 PM
I agree. Chelsea were excellent in the 60s and early 70s but got relegated for a while in the 80s. They were pretty awful.

I speak as someone who lived in London in the 70s and watched Chelsea a lot!

Terry McCann watched Fulham I believe..

Is It On....
20-09-2017, 09:57 PM
He done well at Brentford.

I agree with the original poster in that it's the style more than anything that will cause problems for Jase

Moneyball that recruited Warburton did well..

Is It On....
20-09-2017, 09:59 PM
Some of you are so harsh! He's a young lad leaving home for the first time going to a brutal league that's harder than our championship, he'll take time- but I'm confident the boy will do well. Forest are a great club, and I would've done the same move if I was him.

Go on JC..

kaimendhibs
20-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Bad move imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
20-09-2017, 10:33 PM
IMO this footballing wise is a mistake from JC.

.Sean.
20-09-2017, 10:54 PM
Proper gives me the fear the thought that if and when he comes back to Scotland, it's Hearts he ends up at.

hibees 7062
20-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Terry McCann watched Fulham I believe..

http://billplummer.net/TOOFIF/Nostalgia_Corner_files/Terry%20McC%20clip-2011-08-16%2018%3B31%3B08-1-960663712.jpg

:agree:

Heisenberg
21-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Proper gives me the fear the thought that if and when he comes back to Scotland, it's Hearts he ends up at.

If he’s available and moving back to Scotland at any point in the future then I’ve no doubt Hearts will try their absolute hardest to sign him, as in locking him in the room and not letting him leave like Lafferty kind of deal. Especially if we are also interested.

Smartie
21-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Poor career choice by JC. If it was all about the money fine, he'll be on way more than we could pay. If it was about progressing his career then Forest wasn't a good choice. Also rans in a very tough league, he'll be lucky to get enough game time to make an impression and improve his game. Should have stayed at ER scored some goals raised his exposure to real managers in England, improved against stronger opposition, got a move to a better club next summer or maybe even January. I fear that we may see him back in Scotland next season.

Jason just played against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and scored a couple against Newcastle.

If you also take the ££££ into consideration, I suspect Jason will be quite happy with his choice. As he should be imo.

Iggy Pope
21-09-2017, 07:10 AM
Spot on, Chelsea were run of the mill back then. Forest were a proper team! Times change of course but Chelsea were never a "big team."

Rubbish. Not an admirer of late period Chelsea at all, but they were well ahead of Forest in the 60s and early 70s with European success to show for it. That's what I replied to HT and he's acknowledged they were excellent in the period. They were a big team all right, Peter Bonetti, Ron Harris, Peter Osgood, Charlie Cook, Alan Hudson, Bobby Tambling, Eddie McCreadie, Dave Webb all played at a big club as internationalists. Run of the mill? Forest went down in the early 70s as I recall and I'm sure you will too.. Not doubting their later success, but that's not what I posted.

WeeRussell
21-09-2017, 07:55 AM

Who's to say NF are any more "also rans" than what we are this season? Good luck to jason, Scottish cup hero.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2017, 08:40 AM
You really don't know what quick ball means?New to football are you?

:faf:

What does it mean?

KWJ
21-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Jason just played against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and scored a couple against Newcastle.

If you also take the ££££ into consideration, I suspect Jason will be quite happy with his choice. As he should be imo.

Indeed. If it doesn't quite work out for him then he can come back up the road and try to pick up where he left off having given it a bash and earned a decent packet.

Sir David Gray
21-09-2017, 09:15 AM

I honestly can't see that happening. I think there's a bit too much water under the bridge between him and them.

Wilson
21-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Who's to say NF are any more "also rans" than what we are this season? Good luck to jason, Scottish cup hero.

Forest are currently just outside the playoff places. The other teams just outside reads like a who's who of teams that should be in there. Boro, Villa, Fulham, Derby.

It is a tough division. Being an also ran in this company is no bad thing. As long as he gets a decent amount of game time and shows what he can do then it is a good move overall.

stu in nottingham
21-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Rubbish. Not an admirer of late period Chelsea at all, but they were well ahead of Forest in the 60s and early 70s with European success to show for it. That's what I replied to HT and he's acknowledged they were excellent in the period. They were a big team all right, Peter Bonetti, Ron Harris, Peter Osgood, Charlie Cook, Alan Hudson, Bobby Tambling, Eddie McCreadie, Dave Webb all played at a big club as internationalists. Run of the mill? Forest went down in the early 70s as I recall and I'm sure you will too.. Not doubting their later success, but that's not what I posted.

Chelsea were a high profile team and had some great players alright. However, they were not necessarily always above Forest, certainly not in the mid-sixties. In 1966/7 Forest finished runners up to Man Utd with Best, Law and Charlton. Chelsea were drifting mid-table at that time. Forest had a certain Joe Baker playing for them having signed from Arsenal - an amazing signing at the time. They also had other great players and internationalists including Ian Storey-Moore, Terry Hennessy, Henry Newton, Peter Grummitt, John Barnwell and so on - all players that the London media would have creamed themselves over if they weren't playing for an 'unfashionable' provincial club.

Poor managing of the club saw them sell off all their good players whilst Joe Baker took a serious injury, they then sank into Second division mediocrity in the early seventies due to that before Clough came long. The rest is history.

Iggy Pope
21-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Chelsea were a high profile team and had some great players alright. However, they were not necessarily always above Forest, certainly not in the mid-sixties. In 1966/7 Forest finished runners up to Man Utd with Best, Law and Charlton. Chelsea were drifting mid-table at that time. Forest had a certain Joe Baker playing for them having signed from Arsenal - an amazing signing at the time. They also had other great players and internationalists including Ian Storey-Moore, Terry Hennessy, Henry Newton, Peter Grummitt, John Barnwell and so on - all players that the London media would have creamed themselves over if they weren't playing for an 'unfashionable' provincial club.

Poor managing of the club saw them sell off all their good players whilst Joe Baker took a serious injury, they then sank into Second division mediocrity in the early seventies due to that before Clough came long. The rest is history.

Agree with all of that. One finish above Chelsea I think between 64 and 74. My only point was that Chelsea were a big side in the period and not one that Forest would take to the cleaners. That came later for a short while anyway.

Swedish hibee
21-09-2017, 11:06 AM
The week after we got pumped by Hamilton at home, JC is scoring a double at St James Park. And last night he's on a pitch at Stamford Bridge with Hazard- and folks on here feel he made the wrong choice!? Like others on here, he'll learn, grow by being in a very hard league & get the experiences to become an even better player. Good luck to him.

Sammy7nil
21-09-2017, 11:21 AM
True at the time, I had an affection for forest under cloughie and used to go to see them. A few dodgy owners since, and now and they're still on the slide.

Men against boys tonight.

It was boys against boys :greengrin - Chelsea had several youngsters in just that they were far better than Forest

brog
21-09-2017, 11:28 AM

I agree, I actually think Forest are one of the better clubs for his development though I also agree JC needs to feed off crosses & playing off the last man. As someone who has seen hundreds of English league games live over the last 30+ years I have no doubt JC has the footballing & goalscoring ability to flourish. His biggest challenge will be the sheer physicality of the game down here. I doubt he can play up front on his own so he really needs a strong physical fellow striker to play off. Whatever happens I wish him well. He was a fine player for us & also a great personality in the dressing room.

Langlee Hibs
21-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Choice of club for JC to go to was a good one I think. Choice of manager to play under certainly wasn't!

Spike Mandela
21-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Give the lad a chance.

Early days in his Forest career and he hasn't even started that many games. He's inexperienced in that league and he is still learning. His game isn't complete yet and the Championship is a fantastic place to gain football experience .

What he has in his favour is youth, ability, an excellent start in the game at Hibs and as we know bags and bags of confidence.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Hope he makes it at Forest, I’m sure he can, he flourishes, and Hibs get the large sell on fee we negotiated

Ringothedog
21-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Forest are currently just outside the playoff places. The other teams just outside reads like a who's who of teams that should be in there. Boro, Villa, Fulham, Derby.

It is a tough division. Being an also ran in this company is no bad thing. As long as he gets a decent amount of game time and shows what he can do then it is a good move overall.

Being an "also ran" is always a bad thing at any level as it basically means you have no chance of winning.

Wilson
21-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Being an "also ran" is always a bad thing at any level as it basically means you have no chance of winning.

Disagree. It means you did not win after the event was resulted - not that you didn't have a chance.

Forest could have made the playoffs and lost. Technically they would have 'also ran', but that doesn't signal a bad season, or that being involved in such a campaign would be negative for a developing player.

KWJ
21-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Hope he makes it at Forest, I’m sure he can, he flourishes, and Hibs get the large sell on fee we negotiated

Delighted to hear this and it's very smart from Hibs considering the money going in the Championship. A bit of a risk as 1 in the hand is generally better than 2 in the bush but we still got something for him and there's a huge potential upside. Even if he doesn't cut it at Forest and gets loaned out to a L1 side and scores a heap there then he could still get a decent transfer fee.

Jordan Rhodes scores goals and that's about it and he's moved for 8m to Blackburn and probably more than to Boro. It seems mad that Jase could possibly move for that but I've no doubt he'll be able to score goals when he plays and mad seems like a good way to define Championship transfers.

I'd sooner have JC than Ross McCormack.

Ringothedog
21-09-2017, 02:25 PM
also-ran
noun
a loser in a race or other contest, especially by a large margin.
"the line between champions and also-rans"
informal
an undistinguished or unsuccessful person or thing.

stu in nottingham
21-09-2017, 04:55 PM
To me, there seems a bit of unrest growing slightly in Nottingham about Warburton already. Quite a few on social media have been calling to get him out already - after just eight league games! That's probably due to some Forest fans' sense of entitlement as much as anything. When I last looked they were just three points behind a play-off spot.

It's probably not a brave opinion to think that he will fail here. They like a bit of tippy-tappy football down here and Forest pass the ball around well but as soon as the end product in results isn't right, things will soon change. Tend to think the new owner might be a bit ruthless too.

As far as Jason is concerned I think the club are as good as anything he could have reasonably got at this time. For that level of league he was always going to have stiff opposition for a place, as he has. They have a winger in Mackay who is supplying some crosses and a strong target man in Murphy to play alongside also.

ancient hibee
21-09-2017, 07:18 PM
:faf:

What does it mean?

Not telling you :na na:

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Not telling you :na na:

Ah right, you dont know either. :greengrin

ancient hibee
21-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Oh yes I do.

Sammy7nil
21-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Oh yes I do.

Oh no you don't :greengrin

ancient hibee
21-09-2017, 09:13 PM
This pantomime has to stop.

Sammy7nil
21-09-2017, 09:18 PM
This pantomime has to stop.

He is behind you!

Radium
21-09-2017, 09:19 PM
He is behind you!

Boooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
21-09-2017, 09:20 PM
He is behind you!
And quick ball gets him behind defences.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2017, 06:28 AM
And quick ball gets him behind defences.

How many of his goals that he scored for us were a result of these quick balls in behind defences, that were in the main parking the bus in the Championship?

Every goalscorer would like the ball played in front of them with no defender in their way, but to suggest this is how to get the best out of him when he scored all manner of goals is naive.

He will need to have more to his game than just playing on the shoulder of the last defender waiting on a (quick ball through) to make any career for himself in England.

heretoday
22-09-2017, 08:41 AM
He'll end up at Bristol Rovers. They all do eventually.

stu in nottingham
22-09-2017, 08:51 AM
He will need to have more to his game than just playing on the shoulder of the last defender waiting on a (quick ball through) to make any career for himself in England.

True enough. There will be many defenders quicker than him too, that's for sure.

Is It On....
22-09-2017, 05:50 PM
http://billplummer.net/TOOFIF/Nostalgia_Corner_files/Terry%20McC%20clip-2011-08-16%2018%3B31%3B08-1-960663712.jpg

:agree:

What a series...although I only ever saw the first 30 mins because I had to be in bed for 9pm and for some reason it started at 8:30!!

Bostonhibby
22-09-2017, 09:13 PM
To me, there seems a bit of unrest growing slightly in Nottingham about Warburton already. Quite a few on social media have been calling to get him out already - after just eight league games! That's probably due to some Forest fans' sense of entitlement as much as anything. When I last looked they were just three points behind a play-off spot.

It's probably not a brave opinion to think that he will fail here. They like a bit of tippy-tappy football down here and Forest pass the ball around well but as soon as the end product in results isn't right, things will soon change. Tend to think the new owner might be a bit ruthless too.

As far as Jason is concerned I think the club are as good as anything he could have reasonably got at this time. For that level of league he was always going to have stiff opposition for a place, as he has. They have a winger in Mackay who is supplying some crosses and a strong target man in Murphy to play alongside also.My good friend from Newark says way too much ineffective possession in midfield and can't defend corners.

Thinks the warbler "talks far too much without really saying anything".

lord bunberry
22-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Jason Cummings baby....

proud_and_green
22-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Cummings will be back playing in Scottish football within two years. Just another following a well trodden path and nothing about him suggests he'll buck the trend and be an Andy Robertson type.Who cares whether that is true or not. He has tried and that is more than can be said for many Scottish players who are happy living in their comfort zone. Well done Jason and good luck. why can we not just celebrate his fortune instead of pouring scorn on a boy who has earned himself a good move and who was a good and loyal servant of Hibs.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
23-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Who cares whether that is true or not. He has tried and that is more than can be said for many Scottish players who are happy living in their comfort zone. Well done Jason and good luck. why can we not just celebrate his fortune instead of pouring scorn on a boy who has earned himself a good move and who was a good and loyal servant of Hibs.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk[emoji106] this.

Jdawg
23-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Who cares whether that is true or not. He has tried and that is more than can be said for many Scottish players who are happy living in their comfort zone. Well done Jason and good luck. why can we not just celebrate his fortune instead of pouring scorn on a boy who has earned himself a good move and who was a good and loyal servant of Hibs.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Correct. Also the boy loved a goal against sevco and the brown turds across the city.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Correct. Also the boy loved a goal against sevco and the brown turds across the city.Jason Cummings, hammer of the hearts.

And they gave the guy a free.

Thanks for the goals and the cash.

FilipinoHibs
23-09-2017, 09:46 AM
I will always love him for his swagger and goals and celebrations against the Jambos. Thanks Jason and all the best down south.