PDA

View Full Version : Team V Ross County

MyJo
20-09-2017, 03:36 PM
With Laidlaw being in goals for the Celtic match next weekend should he get some more game time against Ross County or does Marciano come back into the team for an important match against tough opposition?

Did Swanson and McGeouch do enough last night to force themsleves into the team?

Does Gray drop out as a precaution against injury?

Drop Ambrose for Porteous or go 5-3-2 to shore up our defence?

I, personally, would go for:

____________________Marciano

Whittaker_____Ambrose______Hanlon______Stevenson
____________________Bartley
_________McGeouch____________McGinn
Boyle___________________________________Swanson
____________________Stokes.

Subs: Laidlaw, Gray, Porteous, Slivka, Barker, Murray, Dave

Pretty Boy
20-09-2017, 03:42 PM
.............................Laidlaw.............. ....

Whittaker........Ambrose........Hanlon.....Stevens on

..............................Bartley............. ................

..............McGinn.......................McGeoug h........

......Boyle....................................... .....Stokes...

.................................Murray........... ................

Hibee87
20-09-2017, 03:43 PM

Cant see it being any other team. Rocky or laidlaw could start but the rest SHOULD be team I would think

greenpaper55
20-09-2017, 03:44 PM
The biggest defensive pairing we have when we visit the land of the giants, the ball will be banged in to our penalty box at every opportunity.

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-09-2017, 03:55 PM
GK - Laidlaw

RB - Whits
CB - Ambrose
CB - Hanlon
LB - Lewis

CMR - McGeogh
DM - Bartley
CML - McGinn

AM - Swanson

ST - Boyle
ST - Stokes

Stevie Reid
20-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Same front three and McGeough in for Slivka, and Rocky back in. Can't see how he could drop Swanson after last night.

DTS
20-09-2017, 04:42 PM

This 100x over

Sir David Gray
20-09-2017, 04:43 PM
With Laidlaw being in goals for the Celtic match next weekend should he get some more game time against Ross County or does Marciano come back into the team for an important match against tough opposition?

Did Swanson and McGeouch do enough last night to force themsleves into the team?

Does Gray drop out as a precaution against injury?

Drop Ambrose for Porteous or go 5-3-2 to shore up our defence?

I, personally, would go for:

____________________Marciano

Whittaker_____Ambrose______Hanlon______Stevenson
____________________Bartley
_________McGeouch____________McGinn
Boyle___________________________________Swanson
____________________Stokes.

Subs: Laidlaw, Gray, Porteous, Slivka, Barker, Murray, Dave

Why does Laidlaw need to play against Celtic?

Heisenberg
20-09-2017, 04:46 PM

Yeah that’s confused me as well.

Scooter
20-09-2017, 04:53 PM
I'd bring in Porteous and move Efe to right back and bench Whittaker. Mcgoosh needs to start

IGRIGI
20-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Laidlaw

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
McGeouch
Mcginn
Swanson

Stokes

Pretty Boy
20-09-2017, 04:54 PM

Marciano is unavilable because it's Yom Kippur.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Marciano is unavilable because it's Yom Kippur.

Ok cheers. :aok:

erin go bragh
20-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Same front three and McGeough in for Slivka, and Rocky back in. Can't see how he could drop Swanson after last night.

Ditto 👍🇳🇬

Sir David Gray
20-09-2017, 06:42 PM
I would go with

Laidlaw

Stevenson
Hanlon
Ambrose
Whittaker (assuming Gray is injured)

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Slivka

Boyle
Stokes

Eyrie
20-09-2017, 08:06 PM

That is a good team, and we'd still have Swanson, Barker, Slivka and Matulevicius on the bench.

steelendhibs
20-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Why does rocky get time off for this? Must be in his contract? Surely professional footballers know what industry they are going into. They get the rewards, so make the sacrifices. I am a church goer, but would expect to miss church if I was playing on a Sunday as a professional footballer. I seem to remember something similar with Ramadan for benji and zemama. That monthly period basically mad them useless to hibs for an unacceptable period. Difficult one because you want people to be able to observe their religion whatever it is, but I just think you take the rewards as a footballer so you have to sacrifice to a large extent. Opinions!

Sir David Gray
20-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Why does rocky get time off for this? Must be in his contract? Surely professional footballers know what industry they are going into. They get the rewards, so make the sacrifices. I am a church goer, but would expect to miss church if I was playing on a Sunday as a professional footballer. I seem to remember something similar with Ramadan for benji and zemama. That monthly period basically mad them useless to hibs for an unacceptable period. Difficult one because you want people to be able to observe their religion whatever it is, but I just think you take the rewards as a footballer so you have to sacrifice to a large extent. Opinions!

It's probably the opposite to what you suggest to be honest, it's probably in his contract that he does get this time off. Employers have to be very careful these days when considering matters relating to an employee's religious beliefs.

Peevemor
20-09-2017, 08:47 PM
He plays on the Jewish sabbath almost every week so he's already making concessions. Yom Kipur is the main event for Jews and it's obviously important enough to Rocky to take the day off.

steelendhibs
20-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Ah didn't know Saturday was the Jewish sabbath. Lack of knowledge! Seem to remember there was a Scottish international rugby player who wouldn't play 6 nations on a Sunday?

As the previous guy said, a potential minefield for employers

Peevemor
20-09-2017, 09:09 PM
It's probably the opposite to what you suggest to be honest, it's probably in his contract that he does get this time off. Employers have to be very careful these days when considering matters relating to an employee's religious beliefs.
Signing Rocky was a big deal for Hibs. If it's true that he's not playing because of Yom Kipur then it's either been agreed during his contract negotiations or Neil Lennon is OK to go with Laidlaw and is simply looking out for Rocky.

It's very rare for a footballer to ask to not play.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Ah didn't know Saturday was the Jewish sabbath. Lack of knowledge! Seem to remember there was a Scottish international rugby player who wouldn't play 6 nations on a Sunday?

As the previous guy said, a potential minefield for employers

Euan Murray is the guy you're thinking of. He's refused to play any rugby matches on a Sunday for the last 8 years.

kaimendhibs
20-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Mmm, does no one fancy big Dave up front? Loads did v Livvie

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brubble1875
20-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Laidlaw

Gray Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Slivka McGinn

Boyle McGeouch Stokes

Murray

MyJo
21-09-2017, 09:18 AM

Yom Kippur doesn't fall on the same date each year and unlike Ramadan only lasts for a day, it just so happens that this year it falls on a day we are meant to be playing a match.

I would assume that Rocky has made Lennon aware of this and asked well in advance for permission to miss the Celtic game to allow him to observe this in line with his religious beliefs and Lennon being a decent and reasonable human being has accomodated the request.

JimBHibees
21-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Signing Rocky was a big deal for Hibs. If it's true that he's not playing because of Yom Kipur then it's either been agreed during his contract negotiations or Neil Lennon is OK to go with Laidlaw and is simply looking out for Rocky.

It's very rare for a footballer to ask to not play.

The hassle of refusing such a personal request doesnt really seem a reasonable or viable option also.

Souter96Mac
21-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Although I don't think Marv played too well against Livi, the county game will be more suited to him. If rocky is unavailable for the celtic game then best to continue with Laidlaw. Dylan obviously changed the game on Tuesday so would hope to see him start. Swanson had a decent enough game but I think we were just missing another out and out striker in the box at times so would bring Murray back in. It'll be a tough game but can see us edging the win, setting us up for another tough one the week after.
Laidlaw
Whitty efe Hanlon stevenson
Mcginn Bartley mcgeouch
Boyle Murray Stokesy

Mr_F
22-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Marciano

Whittaker Efe Hanlon Stevenson

Slivka Dylan McGinn

Swanson

Murray Stokes

number9dream
23-09-2017, 08:10 AM
OP's team for me...

A bit harsh on Murray but I think we need three in central midfield.

danhibees1875
23-09-2017, 08:29 AM
GK - Laidlaw

RB - Whits
CB - Ambrose
CB - Hanlon
LB - Lewis

CMR - McGeogh
DM - Bartley
CML - McGinn

AM - Swanson

ST - Boyle
ST - Stokes

:aok:

lord bunberry
23-09-2017, 08:35 AM
I'll be very surprised if rocky doesn't start today. He's the better of the two keepers, and we need to play our strongest team.

heretoday
23-09-2017, 10:00 AM
GK - Laidlaw

RB - Whits
CB - Ambrose
CB - Hanlon
LB - Lewis

CMR - McGeogh
DM - Bartley
CML - McGinn

AM - Swanson

ST - Boyle
ST - Stokes

Looks like a plan. Swanson should definitely play.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2017, 10:05 AM

.................................Murray........... ................Porteous for Ambrose otherwise agreed.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
23-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Real lack of depth of fit defenders in our squad at the moment. If Hanlon or Efi were to pick up an injury, we’re goosed at the back

Allant1981
23-09-2017, 10:35 AM
rocky
whittaker
ambrose
hanlon
stevenson
bartley
mcginn
mcgeouch
swanson
boyle
stokes

hibees 7062
23-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Slivka
ambrose
hanlon
stevenson
bartley
mcginn
mcgeouch
swanson
boyle
stokes
Laidlaw

erin go bragh
23-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Slivka
ambrose
hanlon
stevenson
bartley
mcginn
mcgeouch
swanson
boyle
stokes
Laidlaw

Didn't know Slivka could play in goals :)

hibees 7062
23-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Didn't know Slivka could play in goals :)

Wouldn't be out of place after last week

BoomtownHibees
23-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Murray in for Swanson
Dylan in for Slivka

hibees 7062
23-09-2017, 01:32 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21685996_10213418424438111_6817418875977156638_n.j pg?oh=9ba1b788fc9b2abcb2789f25d0b8c8a4&oe=5A4AED52