The_Horde
19-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Tried too hard.

hibee_girl
19-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Delighted for him :thumbsup:

Deansy
19-09-2017, 09:09 PM
Hopefully Danny kicks-on from tonight - you could see from his very first game he was chomping at the bit to score for HIS team, his club !. On you go now, Danny - the only way is up !!

green day
19-09-2017, 09:15 PM
I thought Danny was useful tonight. Delighted he got a goal and was - if anything - too clever for some of his team mates.

Same again Saturday?

Stevie Reid
19-09-2017, 09:29 PM
A joy to watch. 50% of what he tries won't come off, but that chances are worth taking.

Great goal tonight.

Brightside
19-09-2017, 09:30 PM
I thought he looked a mile off the pace....very slow closing down players, and passing was very poor. I was very surprised he wasnt subbed early.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-09-2017, 09:34 PM
So pleased he got his goal and took it very well, you could see how much it meant to him.

flash
19-09-2017, 09:37 PM
I thought he looked a mile off the pace....very slow closing down players, and passing was very poor. I was very surprised he wasnt subbed early.

Not one of your pals clearly.

Brightside
19-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Not one of your pals clearly.

Nah don't know him at all...but it seems I'm in the minority on this one. I want my midfielders constantly busy, pressing, tackling, passing. I didn't see that tonight.

Bishop Hibee
19-09-2017, 09:39 PM
I thought Swanson played ok. Great goal and always tried to get us going forward. Tired a bit and could have been subbed earlier though.

B.H.F.C
19-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Nah don't know him at all...but it seems I'm in the minority on this one. I want my midfielders constantly busy, pressing, tackling, passing. I didn't see that tonight.

What about scoring and creating chances in amongst running about like a dafty wasting energy?

Hiber-nation
19-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Progress....involved in 2 goals, some lovely creative play but still gave the ball away far too much.

Smartie
19-09-2017, 09:49 PM
He's a funny player, I don't really get him yet.

I think he's another one of these players who isn't a safe option. He gets on the ball in dangerous situations, tries difficult things and often gives the ball away (which will incur the wrath of many).

Because of these risks, and because of the fact that he is supremely talented, when he's not giving it away he'll be scoring great goals and making defence splitting balls that create chances and win games.

He's well worth having, he makes a big impact and it's worth having a player like him in your team. He's a match winner.

You don't want a team full of them though, and you don't want one of these at centre-half either. At least Danny does his stuff in the right areas.

gogsy23
19-09-2017, 09:50 PM
My motm tonight. Never stopped and was constantly trying to pump his team mates au after conceding. His touches are fantastic at times.

Nicho87
19-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Time for a healthy run in the team now. He will only improve with match sharpness

green day
19-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Danny did a few tricks in front of the West in the first half using Whitty as his foil and he has incredible skills - a real tanner ba player.

He plays like he is on a tight 5s pitch. Must be a mare to play against.

Only issue for me is that he occasionally overplays it and gets caught in possession - but I suppose if he had that level of skill, and Boyles pace he wouldnt be at Easter Road.

I would play the same team on Saturday except Dylan for Slivka.

Billy Whizz
19-09-2017, 09:59 PM
I like Swanson, a real footballer like Dylan. Great on the ball and great feet. Hope the goal gives him the confidence to go on a great run in the team

LaMotta
19-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Swanson has proved in the top league he has got it. Just get him in the team and he will come good.

He will get assists and will score goals.

Carheenlea
19-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Neil Lennon was full of praise for him in his post match interview on Radio Scotland - would expect him to keep his place for Saturday. A clever player who will only get better with game time.

Scouse Hibee
19-09-2017, 10:07 PM

Agreed, not quite sure what he brings to be honest, decent goal tonight but poor overall since he arrived. Hoping for better from him.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Swanson has proved in the top league he has got it. Just get him in the team and he will come good.

He will get assists and will score goals.

:agree:

JimboHibs
19-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Thought he had a steady game took his goal very well & had some clever moments hopefully more to come.

RamYer1902
19-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Swanson was excellent tonight. Pity he's going to be the new scapegoat. Anyone who thinks he was poor tonight either has something against him or wasn't at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
19-09-2017, 10:16 PM
I thought he was excellent tonight in the first half. Yes he gave the ball away too much but he is one of the few players we have who play between the lines and is always looking for killer passes. He takes up great positions and he has an end product. It amazes me the love some had for Scott Allan who would try something that didn't work and stand and watch as a team broke away from his mistake to score but when Swanson makes a mistake he gets pelters even though is completely wholehearted in his play.

Gatecrasher
19-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Thought he played well and a nice finish, I just wish he wouldn't give the ball away so cheaply sometimes.

Diclonius
19-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Reminded me of early Scott Allan. Tried a wee bit too hard but showed obvious quality.

Golden Bear
19-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Danny played well tonight and outshone a certain John Mcginn by a country mile.

The_Horde
19-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Swanson was excellent tonight. Pity he's going to be the new scapegoat. Anyone who thinks he was poor tonight either has something against him or wasn't at the game.

Think he's obviously dipped a few folks sisters down Leith way in his time. Only explanation for it.

yonder1875
19-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Delighted for him getting the goal.

dp00
19-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Lennon said he was happy with him and also said he had loads going on away from football that club are helping him wit and after that is over with he will get better

Hibee Mac
19-09-2017, 10:39 PM
I think he makes things happen when in the team, plays some lovely stuff just s shame he seems to be a scapegoat already.

hibsboy69
19-09-2017, 10:52 PM
He did some good things and scored a super goal. Great footballer.

Does need a run of games as at times he was just a little bit off the pace (when he's on the pace he'll be dynamite!)

What are the "off field" things that are going on ? Lennon mentioned a Court Case in his post-match interview.

overdrive
19-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Lennon mentioned a court case. Any idea what that's about?

snooky
19-09-2017, 11:04 PM

That's exactly what I thought. Apart from his goal, I thought he was poor. TBH.

Pretty Boy
19-09-2017, 11:11 PM
Scored a good goal, worked hard and had a few nice passages of play. On the flip side he chose the wrong option a few times and lost the ball cheaply on occasion. He's quite frustrating to watch imo, both him and McGinn (again) were a bit guilty of overplaying at times. Keeping it simple when you have to is such an underrated quality in football.

I'm still convinced he will prove a very good signing for us though, I just don't think it's quite clicked yet. His quality is obvious and he's another who will probably benefit when Lennon finally find the balance he is looking for in the side.

19-09-2017, 11:14 PM
That's exactly what I thought. Apart from his goal, I thought he was poor. TBH.

I think he just needs to have the confidence to make the final pass or shoot. He seems to linger on the ball looking for the perfect shot or paas when sometimes he just needs to play it.

Thecat23
19-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Danny took his goal superbly tonight, but I felt he spent most of the game losing the ball. I'd have subbed him before he eventually went off. I like Danny this isn't me having a go, still think he's just trying that little to hard. Suppose you would playing for your boyhood heroes.

HFCdeb
19-09-2017, 11:23 PM
He had a good game, was always looking to create. I hope him and Stokes strike up an understanding because that could be deadly. More of the same please, Danny.
Boyle was class as always 💚

snooky
19-09-2017, 11:24 PM
Danny took his goal superbly tonight, but I felt he spent most of the game losing the ball. I'd have subbed him before he eventually went off. I like Danny this isn't me having a go, still think he's just trying that little to hard. Suppose you would playing for your boyhood heroes.
He was either being lazy or knackered about 10mins before he was subbed.

SirDavidsNapper
19-09-2017, 11:34 PM

Was going to ask the same thing. May explain why his performances have dipped a bit. Pleased for him tonight.

Billychaotic182
19-09-2017, 11:42 PM

Yeah I thought that was a straight comment since the reasons why he’s in court are not public knowledge

macca70
20-09-2017, 12:14 AM

Heard that aswell, is it to do with the the stuff that happened at new year at his old mans pub? Is he getting dragged in as a witness?

heretoday
20-09-2017, 12:34 AM
I'd love it if Swanson established himself in the team. Natural talent.

GoalsMcGinley
20-09-2017, 07:33 AM
It's to do with the death of his best mate at new year. Court case started yesterday. Danny was excellent last night considering what's going on off the field. I'd assume Darren McGregor is going through similar as the 3 of them were like brothers. Well played Danny.

leither17
20-09-2017, 12:20 PM

His best mate was murdered on Hogmanay and it happened outside the pub his family own

Keith_M
20-09-2017, 12:23 PM
His best mate was murdered on Hogmanay and it happened outside the pub his family own

Jeez, that's terrible.

No wonder the laddie's havin issues.

FilipinoHibs
20-09-2017, 12:26 PM

God how many of our players have/had things going on off the pitch!

Andy74
20-09-2017, 12:43 PM
God how many of our players have/had things going on off the pitch!

All of them, just like everyone else.

heretoday
20-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Swanson is a really good player. Well balanced and skillful. I think he could be the main man for us in the years to come.

eastcoasthibby
20-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Was going to ask the same thing. May explain why his performances have dipped a bit. Pleased for him tonight.

Why would we need to know what his other things going on outwith ...if they are personal ? All that happens with it being common knowledge is that it predominantly a negative or blown out of proportion way ..if the club management know and are working with its best left there ....!!! I also am really pleased for him and hope whats going on is sorted

Franck Stanton
20-09-2017, 03:30 PM
My motm tonight. Never stopped and was constantly trying to pump his team mates au after conceding. His touches are fantastic at times.

Agree completely, from my seat in north upper all around me were of opinion mom was between Boyle and Swanson. Took his goal very well, tried to be creative and linked play very well. Just my opinion but think he merits a starting place on Sat

ancient hibee
20-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Don't think he was anywhere near MOM but his first half was a big improvement.He just needs to try not to overdo the attempts at killer passes and play the simple ball more often.

familyman
20-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Delighted for him getting the goal.
Just give him game time and he will be just fine!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-09-2017, 08:25 PM
I like Swanson, a real footballer like Dylan. Great on the ball and great feet. Hope the goal gives him the confidence to go on a great run in the team

:agree: