PDA

View Full Version : Since 1875

JeMeSouviens
17-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Yesterday was the first home game I've made since their move. I have to say, not a good move at all. They're wasted up there and the singers left in the east are missing their inspiration. Section 43 had led a real revival in atmosphere, it's a real shame to see it going backwards.

Nice work on the banner though. :wink:

Mr White
17-09-2017, 05:00 PM
I sat in section 25 for 3 seasons with my young son as it was good for him as it was so quiet he didn't annoy anyone when he got bored and mucked about. I've always felt that although it's a good view of the pitch from there, the reason it's been the last section to fill up for high attendance games is that it does feel a bit cut off fron the rest of the ground- a lot of the seats can't see much of the east stand for example. That was my first thought when the announcement was made that since1875 were moving there and while I haven't made it to a match since they moved I'm not surprised to read it hasn't made too much of a positive difference yet. I hope it does in time as these guys put a lot of effort in but I think they've made a mistake by moving to section 25.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Can't understand the move myself.

If they were going to go into the Famous Five stand they should have gone into the lower section.

Lancs Harp
17-09-2017, 05:08 PM
I think they wanted to be in the FF and that section was simply the one with the fewest season ticket holders in it and the easiest to move too.

NAE NOOKIE
17-09-2017, 05:12 PM
I thought the move to the FF was a good idea .... but my hope that their placement there would get the FF lower and west stand joining in doesn't seem to be working, at least not so far .... pity.

danhibees1875
17-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Has it ever been communicated who decided on the move and why they thought it was a good idea?

I sort of understand the rationale of wanting behind the goals, but surely when front and centre wasn't available it wouldn't have been decided that the back corner was the next best solution?

Stoney Hibee
17-09-2017, 05:36 PM
I sit toward the back of the east, halfway between the Famous Five and the half way line, I can't see them and I very rarely hear them. The move has not really worked so far.

Renfrew_Hibby
17-09-2017, 07:38 PM
It would only work in that section if the corner was filled in.

18Hibee75
18-09-2017, 10:57 AM
It would only work in that section if the corner was filled in.

Correct, and then that would look brilliant. However we need to start selling out week in week out for at least a whole season before that happens.

yonder1875
18-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Fair play to the guys for trying something new but I do t think it'll work out. I sit in Sect43 and can only really hear the drum beat and faint chanting.

Didn't think it was great at the front of 43 either. There's a core group of people that have always been in 43 who stand throughout the game and sing, the singing section should return to the top of 43 for it to work imo.

Not knocking the guys in the section for trying to create an atmosphere but trying to be constructive.

Souter96Mac
18-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Think I've got a seat there for tomorrow's game, so don't worry, it'll be bouncing.

HappyHibeeAG
18-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Has it ever been communicated who decided on the move and why they thought it was a good idea?

I sort of understand the rationale of wanting behind the goals, but surely when front and centre wasn't available it wouldn't have been decided that the back corner was the next best solution?

At one of those "working together" meetings it was noted by the club that it was the decision of the Fans to move. Now however there seems to be some suggestions by people on Twitter it was a "forced" move by the club??

Anyone know the facts?

marinello59
18-09-2017, 01:39 PM
At one of those "working together" meetings it was noted by the club that it was the decision of the Fans to move. Now however there seems to be some suggestions by people on Twitter it was a "forced" move by the club??

Anyone know the facts?

The posts on here from those involved seemed to suggest that they had requested the move.

jacomo
19-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Can't understand the move myself.

If they were going to go into the Famous Five stand they should have gone into the lower section.

:agree:

SirDavidsNapper
19-09-2017, 03:24 PM
I thought this was a thread about Hearts last league cup win