PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings ... Hibs v Motherwell

NAE NOOKIE
17-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Marciano ..... 4 ..... Possibly his worst game in a Hibs jersey .... failed to command his area and badly at fault for their first goal, a few dodgy kicks as well.

Gray ..... 5 ..... Didn't do a lot that I could see and has to take his share of the blame for a shambles at the equaliser.

Ambrose .... 6 ..... I thought he had a very good first half, but like everybody else faded badly after half time.

Hanlon ..... 6 ..... Was OK but like everybody else at the back didn't do enough to stop Motherwell making chances in our box.

Whittaker ... 4 ..... Ineffective as a defender, as he has been all season, and brought nothing of note going forward, why is this guy still a first pick?

Bartley .... 6 ..... I actually thought his passing was above his usual standard and he gave everything as usual, is it any wonder he toiled towards the end as part of a 2 v 5 midfield?

McGinn ..... 6 ..... Well below his usual standard and one of his worse examples of running into blind alleys with the ball, but he tried to make things happen as part of the 2 man midfield with Bartley ..... as close as a player can get to being chucked under the bus by the managers tactics, just like Bartley.

Boyle ..... 5 .... Did his best, but rendered pretty ineffective by Motherwell who had two guys on him for most of the match.

Barker .... 6 ..... Very good in the first half, but faded badly in the 2nd and he should have been subbed, not the far more energetic and far better defensively Boyle.

Stokes ..... 8 ..... Scored twice and put himself about far more, you cant ask any more from a striker.

Murray ..... 5 ..... Pretty ineffective, but then he has to expect more chances from a team with two wingers, he showed enormous heart and attitude to chase back 50 yards and win back a ball he had lost in the first place, well done to him for that.

SUBS:

Slivka .... 5 ..... He looks a good player on the ball and we showed far more after he came on.

Big Dave .... 4 ..... Didn't do much.

McGeouch ...... 10 ...... Its an insult to a super player to give him 4 minutes.

Neil Lennon .... 5

He has to change the formation from now on, its clear that playing with two wingers in this league and leaving two lads in the midfield to get utterly swamped wont work .... at least not after half time as the two lads in midfield run out of steam.

The Ref .... 5 .... He wasn't the worst, but he allowed an assault ( it was a clear elbow in the face ) on Ambrose to go unpunished in the first half and then booked Slivka in the 2nd for a far less blatant use of the arm. In the first half he didn't even stop play when one of our guys was levelled off the ball right in front of him, but then penalised Bartley for a shoulder charge in the same part of the pitch in the 2nd which indirectly lead to Motherwell's first goal.

Baldy Foghorn
17-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Bit silly to give McGeouch a 10....Just because he's a great player, he got 4 minutes only.

Pretty Boy
17-09-2017, 12:27 PM
I actually thought Murray done ok yesterday. He had one brilliant piece of play with his back to goal and played the pass of the game. He was also pretty good at being a target to bounce the ball off and keep it moving.

He had very little service in danger areas yesterday and he doesn't have the skill set Stokes does to create a goal from nothing. I really like him and think he gets a raw deal from some and his bad points are highlighted whilst his good are overlooked.

Not a dig at the OP, just an observation.

Baldy Foghorn
17-09-2017, 12:31 PM
I actually thought Murray done ok yesterday. He had one brilliant piece of play with his back to goal and played the pass of the game. He was also pretty good at being a target to bounce the ball off and keep it moving.

He had very little service in danger areas yesterday and he doesn't have the skill set Stokes does to create a goal from nothing. I really like him and think he gets a raw deal from some and his bad points are highlighted whilst his good are overlooked.

Not a dig at the OP, just an observation.

Good post, Murray's ball to Boyle was sublime....

JeMeSouviens
17-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Harsh on Gray and Marv. Bit generous to Hanlon, otherwise mostly agree.

WeeRussell
17-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Wasn't at the game but McGeough must be a super player if he managed a 10 in 4 minutes!

easty
17-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Harsh on Gray and Marv. Bit generous to Hanlon, otherwise mostly agree.

I think harsh on Hanlon, and kind to McGinn.

wookie70
17-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Player ratings ... Hibs v Motherwell
Marciano ..... 3 ..... Shaky first few minutes and got steadily worse from there. At fault for the first and was clawing at fresh air when he was trying to punch. Very poor

Gray ..... 6 ..... Did ok

Ambrose .... 5... Had good little spells but shocking defending for the second and some really calamitous moments. He looks like he lacks concentration

Hanlon ..... 6 ..... Did ok

Whittaker ... 2 ..... I wasn't fussed with us signing him and even less so on a three year deal. I took solace in the fact he is a good pro who would always give his all. I was wrong about that. Lazy, day dreaming and a performance more befitting of on of Fenlon's loanees that a seasoned Internationalist with a history with the club. Shocking performance

Bartley .... 7 .....Did well off the ball and was very good on it too. He tires badly in the last quarter of games though

McGinn ..... 6 ..... Thought he started well but the formation we played made life very difficult for him. Some great passes with one leading to the pen and some very average play

Boyle ..... 5 .... Barring the penalty he was pretty anonymous

Barker .... 9 first half/3 second half ..... Looked a world beater for 45 minutes and then had a pretty anonymous second half. His first half was one of today's bright spots

Stokes ..... 8 ..... Two goals, some good play and when forced to work hard in the second half he put a shift in. Rightly given MOTM

Murray ..... 5 ..... His best bit of play was chasing and winning back a ball he lost from some poor play. Not really at the races today

SUBS:

Slivka .... 5 ..... No idea why he doesn't get more game time

Big Dave .... 4 ..... He doesn't look much of a player to me and he may well end up with a similar role to Bryan Graham. Only getting a shot when others are injured or honking

McGeouch ............ Not enough time by about 86 minutes. If he is fit to come off the bench he must start. McGinn is so much better with Dylan there to play off

Neil Lennon .... 4... I thought Motherwell did us over today. We have better players, allegedly, but they were hungrier, more committed and way more organised. Their subs made them better and their change of shape destroyed us. He would have got another mark or two if he didn't put the blame solely on the players yet again without accepting any responsibility. He should manage in the Civil Service as he would fit right in.

The Ref .... 4 .... Thought he had a shocker. When both sets of fans moan about a ref there is usually good reason. Some terrible decisions with the penalty not awarded for Stokes being blatantly shoved in the back the pick of the bunch.

DTS
17-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Marciano 3, looked shakey and cost us the first goal and could've cost us one in the first half, arguably his worst game for us

Gray 5, nothing that good or bad

Ambrose 4, like Marciano could be his worst game for us

Hanlon 5, doesn't look like he can play with Ambrose as a 2 Lennon constantly losing the head with them both

Whittaker 3, not a left back, didn't look to get beyond barker in the first half at all. Shakey at the back, badly needs dropped or moved to right back at least if he is to play

Boyle 5, Very quiet game, after Tait was booked I thought Boyle would torment him although hardly touched the ball and when he did offered next to nothing.

McGinn 6, some good moments, over played a lot however up against a midfield 3 was having to do a 2 man job.

Bartley 6, similar to mcginn vastly outnumbered in the middle of the pitch and for a big guy I don't think he's won a header this season.

Barker 7, excellent first half had the wing back on toast and fired in some excellent crosses, tired quickly in the second half switch to right hand side didn't help.

Murray 6, didn't offer too much, some good moments of link up play especially first half playing Boyle through with an excellent pass. Although after a very promising start doesn't look likely to score.

Stokes 8, brilliant performance and really getting into his stride now fitness growing as his work rate in terms of chasing down etc is going up by the game and can only see him improving.

Subs, all 3 done nothing too good or bad when they came on although I would be expecting mcgeouch and slivka to be starting most weeks