PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeough

Pretty Boy
16-09-2017, 07:26 PM
What's the script with him? Is he carrying a knock again or does NL just not fancy him?

He was absolutely superb at Ibrox, a genuinely top class midfield performance. He seems to have been one of the fall guys for the Hamilton debacle and hasn't had a look in since. If he's fit then I really don't get it tbh. His ball retention and ability to dictate the pace of a game was exactly what we were missing today.

Really hope to see him back in the side asap.

Thecat23
16-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Was doing a lot of stretching again after he came on. If fit I'd play him from the start.

Bob Box Fish
16-09-2017, 07:30 PM
He's our best midfielder without a doubt.

hhibs
16-09-2017, 07:32 PM
What's the script with him? Is he carrying a knock again or does NL just not fancy him?

He was absolutely superb at Ibrox, a genuinely top class midfield performance. He seems to have been one of the fall guys for the Hamilton debacle and hasn't had a look in since. If he's fit then I really don't get it tbh. His ball retention and ability to dictate the pace of a game was exactly what we were missing today.

:top marks

Smartie
16-09-2017, 07:37 PM

The problem is who to leave out.

In most of the "team for Saturday" threads I leave out Bartley, yet when I go to the game he's our best player.

McGinn is our best player, Bartley is fantastic at what he does and never has a bad game, it is a mystery how a player as good as Slivka can't be found a place and McGeouch always makes us look a better team. We need width so Boyle and Barker must play, you can't really consider dropping Stokes as he's playing well and scoring goals whilst Murray hasn't done anything to merit being dropped either.

I think Lennon may have over-reacted to the Accies game. There's no doubt that we were poor, but we've suffered for the absences of Stevenson and McGeouch. McGregor is a big miss too.

Sir David Gray
16-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Dylan McGeouch is arguably our best player, I genuinely rate him as one of the best midfielders in Scotland, outside of Celtic.

If he's fit then he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned.

penihibs
16-09-2017, 08:22 PM

In most of the "team for Saturday" threads I leave out Bartley, yet when I go to the game he's our best player.

McGinn is our best player, Bartley is fantastic at what he does and never has a bad game, it is a mystery how a player as good as Slivka can't be found a place and McGeouch always makes us look a better team. We need width so Boyle and Barker must play, you can't really consider dropping Stokes as he's playing well and scoring goals whilst Murray hasn't done anything to merit being dropped either.

I think Lennon may have over-reacted to the Accies game. There's no doubt that we were poor, but we've suffered for the absences of Stevenson and McGeouch. McGregor is a big miss too.

Sorry don't agree with you, McGeouch is the best player we have in midfield when he's stripped we very rarely lose .
McGinn is a class act but needs to step his game up and show what a top player he is

Eyrie
16-09-2017, 09:52 PM

I'd drop Boyle for McGeouch and play 4-3-3 with Barker and Stokes either side of Murray.

J-C
16-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Dylan is our best technical midfielder with superb vision, if fit which he is at the moment he has to start the game, he allows McGinn the freedom to play his natural game and his tempo makes the team tick.

pacorosssco
16-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Dylan is class we always look better with him in team. Who knows how he is being managed regarding fitness injuries but i feel lennon is planning future without him.

Albanian Hibs
16-09-2017, 10:34 PM
I'd drop Boyle for McGeouch and play 4-3-3 with Barker and Stokes either side of Murray.

I would drop Barker for McGeouch. Opinions eh?!

BS44
16-09-2017, 10:34 PM
He's our best midfielder without a doubt.

No he's not. McGinn is a far better all round player.

Sammy7nil
16-09-2017, 10:49 PM
No he's not. McGinn is a far better all round player.

No he is not. McGeoch is better so is Stokes :greengrin Opinions Eh! Like a********s everyone has one :wink:

Eyrie
17-09-2017, 10:10 AM

And very similar - it's just a case of which of them starts and who then comes off the bench.

Lennon out, Albanian Hibs in! :greengrin

Baader
17-09-2017, 10:25 AM
If fit I'd have McGeough starting every week. Not sure the balance of this team is there yet.

GreenOnions
17-09-2017, 10:35 AM
I think there is a kind of consensus here though - and I think Neil Lennon will have identified that already. The thread is suggesting we bench one of Boyle/Barker and bring in McGeouch. FWIW - I agree with that.

On yesterday's performance - I feel it would be Boyle who would be dropped. However, I think maybe when he's not played as an out-and-out winger Boyle is more effective. He's also shown over time an impressive improvement so, on balance, I'd bench Barker for now and use him as a sub later in the game.

Personally - I'd also start Slivka in place of big Marv who never lets us down but would be required more away from home.

fife hfc
17-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Before yesterday I felt Bartley has to be a starter to allow others to play. He didn't have a bad game with him and McGinn up against three central midfielders but I think Slivka could play that role and be better at building the play. This would allow a place for Mcgeouch alongside Mcginn with Stokes playing in behind Murray and Boyle as I feel Stones drops deep and leaves Murray isolated upfront.

Eyrie
17-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Personally - I'd also start Slivka in place of big Marv who never lets us down but would be required more away from home.

I like Bartley when we have a back four, as he covers the centre halves which allows them to cover if a full back is caught higher up the pitch. We don't need him if we have a back three however.

fife hfc
17-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Before yesterday I felt Bartley has to be a starter to allow others to play. He didn't have a bad game with him and McGinn up against three central midfielders but I think Slivka could play that role and be better at building the play. This would allow a place for Mcgeouch alongside Mcginn with Stokes playing in behind Murray and Boyle as I feel Stones drops deep and leaves Murray isolated upfront.

Ozyhibby
17-09-2017, 01:15 PM

Both perfectly valid. I would not play them together. Better to have McGeogh in the middle. Whichever one starts can be replaced with the other. Not because I think they are not playing well, just because we need McGeogh in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biotech
17-09-2017, 01:52 PM
The trouble is Lennon doesn't know what his best team is. He needs to decide on a system of play, one which hopefully accommodates Dylan. Then stick with it - a settled team well bring results.

Heisenberg
19-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Surely Dylan is due a start? Was amazed he didnt get one tonight but did well when he came on.

R'Albin
19-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Surely Dylan is due a start? Was amazed he didnt get one tonight but did well when he came on.

He was absolutely outstanding - totally changed the game.

His decision making is brilliant, he only gave the ball away once.

ian cruise
19-09-2017, 09:05 PM

Bartley is excellent at what he does but unfortunately we don't always need that in some of these games, and it means one of McGeough, McGinn or Slivka miss out. Personally I'd have those three (if fit) starting the next few games.

Big_Franck
19-09-2017, 09:07 PM

Once again he swung the game in our favour when he came on. His direct, incisive passing makes such a difference to our attacking play. He has to start on saturday after that performance.

Stuart93
19-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Our best midfielder imo

cabbage_88
19-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Bartley is excellent at what he does but unfortunately we don't always need that in some of these games, and it means one of McGeough, McGinn or Slivka miss out. Personally I'd have those three (if fit) starting the next few games.

I personally don't think Slivka has done anything to note since ibrox. Definitely a player there though and will be vital over the season. Would have Dylan, Bartley, Mcginn playing Saturday

Have to say Dylan was absolutely outstanding when he came on, can't honestly believe he has been on the bench the past few games. Best passer at the club

GreenNWhiteArmy
Our best midfielder imo

I actually agree

calumhibee1
Head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch.

hibee_girl
19-09-2017, 09:09 PM
Our best midfielder imo

:agree:

green day
19-09-2017, 09:09 PM

DM changed the tempo of the match when he came on.

For me, if fit he must start.

SRHibs
19-09-2017, 09:17 PM
His passing was immense tonight and the amount of space he seems to create is mad. I've quite liked Slivka but he was poor tonight.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Love watching the laddie play fitba when he's in that kind of mood. Top priority is to keep him fit , if it means letting him get 30 - 45 mins a game then so be it.

Imagine how good he could be if he got a full season playing regularly week in week out.

bingo70
19-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Tonight could be a pivotal moment in our season if it makes us realise just how good and important Mcgeouch is. Absolutely outstanding when he came on and had to start every week if fit.

Dunfyhibee
19-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Baffles me how Dylan is not one of the first names on the team sheet. Controls the games tempo fantastically and is a real asset

Scooter
19-09-2017, 09:31 PM
How he's not in the team I do not know an absolute joy to watch

Pretty Boy
19-09-2017, 09:32 PM
He has to start on Saturday. I'm not sure if there's an issue with him and Lennon but if there is it has to be put to one side for the good of the team.

He changed the whole dynamic of the game tonight and when he came on we played all our football with a quicker tempo in their half. He has the ability to take the ball in tight spaces and creates space from nothing. More importantly he knows when to keep it simple and ensure we keep the ball rather than trying to force something that isn't on and losing us possession. Hopefully that's a lesson he can teach Messrs McGinn and Swanson.

It mystifies me that some still can't seem to see or acknowledge just how good a fit McGeough is, the best footballer at the club.

wookie70
19-09-2017, 09:33 PM
I thought he was the touch of class we have been needing tonight. Excellent and just what we needed. Should find a system that he fits in so he can start

The Harp Awakes
19-09-2017, 09:36 PM
I thought he was the touch of class we have been needing tonight. Excellent and just what we needed. Should find a system that he fits in so he can start

Yep, we look a much better team when Dylan plays. He seems to steady us. Brilliant wee footballer.

B.H.F.C
19-09-2017, 09:41 PM
He passed it to a Hibs player nearly every time he had it tonight. Sounds simple but the rest of the midfield didn't do that too often.

Smartie
19-09-2017, 09:44 PM
His passing was immense tonight and the amount of space he seems to create is mad. I've quite liked Slivka but he was poor tonight.

I only got in at 2-2 so whatever happened for the first half hour I missed.

From then on I thought Slivka was our best player until he went off, and after that McGeouch was head and shoulders above everyone else our best player.

Sorting out the balance of the midfield is another of Lennon's challenges (although not as pressing as that defence) but I'd be playing McGinn with Slivka and McGeouch.

And Mcgeouch would be the first name down, every single week (if fit).

I thought he was MOTM tonight. Turned a game that we were struggling to impose ourselves on into one that we were very much on the front foot and dominating.

Superb night's work from him.

jockspanner
19-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Have to agree he was MOTM tonight, must start on Saturday if we want three points.
I only got in at 2-2 so whatever happened for the first half hour I missed.

From then on I thought Slivka was our best player until he went off, and after that McGeouch was head and shoulders above everyone else our best player.

Sorting out the balance of the midfield is another of Lennon's challenges (although not as pressing as that defence) but I'd be playing McGinn with Slivka and McGeouch.

And Mcgeouch would be the first name down, every single week (if fit).

I thought he was MOTM tonight. Turned a game that we were struggling to impose ourselves on into one that we were very much on the front foot and dominating.

Superb night's work from him.

Nicho87
19-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Kenny miller on twitter tonight stated Dylan was told in summer he could leave if he wanted. Surprised at this story. Thought he was one we'd be wanting to keep

J-C
19-09-2017, 09:56 PM
He has to start on Saturday. I'm not sure if there's an issue with him and Lennon but if there is it has to be put to one side for the good of the team.

He changed the whole dynamic of the game tonight and when he came on we played all our football with a quicker tempo in their half. He has the ability to take the ball in tight spaces and creates space from nothing. More importantly he knows when to keep it simple and ensure we keep the ball rather than trying to force something that isn't on and losing us possession. Hopefully that's a lesson he can teach Messrs McGinn and Swanson.

It mystifies me that some still can't seem to see or acknowledge just how good a fit McGeough is, the best footballer at the club.

Why then does Lennon still choose to ignore him? when ever he's played, he's so far ahead of any other player on the pitch. A fit Dylan = good tempo, direct football on the deck and clever intelligent football.

Ilovehibs
19-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Kenny miller on twitter tonight stated Dylan was told in summer he could leave if he wanted. Surprised at this story. Thought he was one we'd be wanting to keep

Really hope not. Top player who was MotM tonight despite the short time he played.

Has to start. When fit, he is outstanding. Play him Lennon.

Nicho87
19-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Really hope not. Top player who was MotM tonight despite the short time he played.

Has to start. When fit, he is outstanding. Play him Lennon.

Totally with you. Was shocked to see that providing it's true

Billy Whizz
19-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Totally with you. Was shocked to see that providing it's true

It was on the PM board during the summer

Ilovehibs
19-09-2017, 10:03 PM

Not good. Come on Hibs, Dylan is class.

J-C
19-09-2017, 10:04 PM

Someone mentioned it and was shot down but you can understand why he was shot down, it just seemed so unlikely at the time.

Heisenberg
19-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Millar also does say he was told he could leave but then there was a "rethink" and he stayed on. Got to start most weeks for us if fit.

green day
19-09-2017, 10:10 PM

He also said that thankfully there had been a rethink.

Dylan is a fantastic player, but he seemed at times last season to be one match in one match out - I imagine thats frustrating for the coaches.

A great player on the treatment table is no use.

However, its unlikely that anyone would want to get rid of him if he can perform regularly like tonight.

allezsauzee
19-09-2017, 10:11 PM
I think Lennon is trying to protect him given his injury problems.

Nicho87
19-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Correct. An unfit player is not a handy one but for me Dylan is a fantastic player one we should be looking to extend his contract provided his fitness is decent.

Carheenlea
19-09-2017, 10:26 PM
He is a joy to watch - such a graceful footballer. A do have plenty options with midfield, with a lot of quality to choose from, but Dylan is arguably the best of the lot.

fife hfc
19-09-2017, 10:33 PM
It would have been a horrendous decision to get rid of Dylan in the summer. Mcgeouch is our best midfielder and after tonight has to start on Saturday.

Sir David Gray
19-09-2017, 10:37 PM
I'll reiterate what I said at the start of this thread - Dylan McGeouch is one of the best midfielders in the country, outside of Celtic. His range of passing and composure on the ball is outstanding.

He was the best player on the pitch by a mile, during the time that he was on tonight.

If he's anywhere near full fitness then he has to start every game, the guy's different class.

Ilovehibs
19-09-2017, 10:45 PM
I'll reiterate what I said at the start of this thread - Dylan McGeouch is one of the best midfielders in the country, outside of Celtic. His range of passing and composure on the ball is outstanding.

He was the best player on the pitch by a mile, during the time that he was on tonight.

If he's anywhere near full fitness then he has to start every game, the guy's different class.

Says it all.

snooky
19-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Dylan was a breath of fresh air in a stuff room tonight.
:top marks

MacGruber
20-09-2017, 05:20 AM

And his contract is running down

I know the injuries are an issue but he is more than worth it for me. Best player at the club when he is fit

Borderhibbie76
20-09-2017, 05:59 AM
Head and shoulders above everyone on that pitch when he came on...and that icludes the much vaunted SJM..he was excellent and changed the game in our favour. For me he has got to start Sat

SirDavidsNapper
20-09-2017, 06:37 AM
All about managing Dylan's fitness. He's a huge player for us when avaliable. He's an asset even if it means limited appearances.

bigwheel
20-09-2017, 07:03 AM
All about managing Dylan's fitness. He's a huge player for us when avaliable. He's an asset even if it means limited appearances.

It's nothing to do with that recently ...he is fit - has has simply been dropped..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
20-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Not good. Come on Hibs, Dylan is class.

Lennon obviously prefers the physicality and ponderous play of Bartley ...whilst I appreciate the need for a Bartley type, I just have not seen for it much at all so far, the need for McGeouch's abilities of ball retention, link up, creativity and tempo are evident in every game ...if Lennon doesn't rate him then it raises the profile of the questions about team selection in games wherever we should have won ....delighted Dylan is still here and fighting to prove Lennon wrong !!

green day
20-09-2017, 07:22 AM
It's nothing to do with that recently ...he is fit - has has simply been dropped..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the point he was making was that it doesnt feel like we can play DM for a full 90 for the whole season, so using him in smaller doses rather than losing him for large chunks of the season.

That is the only rational explanation as he has been great when he came on.

bigwheel
20-09-2017, 07:36 AM
I think the point he was making was that it doesnt feel like we can play DM for a full 90 for the whole season, so using him in smaller doses rather than losing him for large chunks of the season.

That is the only rational explanation as he has been great when he came on.

And Dylan is saying that is not the case ...he is 90mins fit and ready to play - it's also his last year of his contract and no discussions have been made with a view to extending it....

J-C
20-09-2017, 07:57 AM
And Dylan is saying that is not the case ...he is 90mins fit and ready to play - it's also his last year of his contract and no discussions have been made with a view to extending it....

Dylan went to see a specialist, recommended to him by another fellow pro, Robert Snodgrass I've been told and it seems to be working, he's getting extra work done by the fitness coach specially designed for his hip problem, he looks a lot fitter this season.

Nicho87
20-09-2017, 07:59 AM
If Dylan had no injury concerns he wouldn't be at hibs. On his day better player than McGinn IMO. For where we are currently, id be offering Dylan a 2 year deal with maybe a clause of some sort to cover any long term injuries if that is the worry from Lennon or Hibs. He is a top player when fit.

MB62
20-09-2017, 09:24 AM
The man is a class act in midfield. He is fantastic in his own right but when he plays, it also frees up more space for SJM as now the opposition have somebody else to worry about. Against Motherwell, SJM was easily closed down because he was a 'one man midfield'.
Dylan's problem is how NL likes setting his team up, as soon as Marv plays, there's no room for Dylan, unless we only play one up front.

Darren and Liam being out are limiting our options too.

seanoheimhin
20-09-2017, 09:58 AM
The man is a class act in midfield. He is fantastic in his own right but when he plays, it also frees up more space for SJM as now the opposition have somebody else to worry about. Against Motherwell, SJM was easily closed down because he was a 'one man midfield'.
Dylan's problem is how NL likes setting his team up, as soon as Marv plays, there's no room for Dylan, unless we only play one up front.

Agreed. Dylan's game is all about controlling the pace of play and making it work for us. He reminds me of Scott Brown in that respect.

Having either been at or watched our three draws in a row and the win last night, I'm going to be arrogant and assert my belief that our biggest issue has been an inability to control the pace of the game.

As a result, we've been got at from all angles out of nowhere and conceding a goal feels only a couple of seconds away at any given moment. After the last three years of trying to break teams down, we've all been craving teams that actually attack us and give us more space to attack as well.

Now that's happening, we still need to be able to control the game or we're going to be very, very short on clean sheets this year.

I think having Dylan along with Marv and SJM in centre mid is the ideal lineup that mixes control, solidity and aggression and will allow us to adapt to the new environment we find ourselves in - even if that means only one up top.

BSEJVT
20-09-2017, 12:14 PM

McGeouch is the best midfielder at the club by a long long long way, its not even close.

Hibeewilly
22-09-2017, 09:34 AM
McGeouch is the best midfielder at the club by a long long long way, its not even close.

Totally agree. If he doesn't start tomorrow something is far wrong between him and Lennon

Brightside
22-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Correct. When he doesnt play we also have almost no out ball for the defence.

IWasThere2016
22-09-2017, 10:58 AM

This. A joy to watch on his game.

Dalehibbie
22-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Could it just be that Lennon is so concerned about our leaky defence that he is worried not to play with Bartley at DM, and this is what is killing Dylan's chances?

J-C
22-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Could it just be that Lennon is so concerned about our leaky defence that he is worried not to play with Bartley at DM, and this is what is killing Dylan's chances?

I think Lennon likes the big hard tackling DM, he had Wanyama at Celtic doing that job for him, unfortunately Dylan plays deep and collects the ball from the defence so is in the same area of the pitch as Bartley, maybe as you say he's worried about the defence.

Lancs Harp
22-09-2017, 12:00 PM

Dylans one of my favourite players and Im pretty sure SJM plays better with Dylan in the team. Im not quite so sure about being the best by a "long long long way" though bit unfair on the rest of the boys that IMO.

I think the problem without Marv in the team is sometimes we are weak defensively in midfield, its certainly not Dylan and SJMs strongest point and we've seen teams in the Championship in recent times for exmple just walk through our midfield on occasion. The opposition to a large extent needs to be taken into account for instance the need for Marv is probably alot more urgent against the likes of Celtic and Aberdeen than it was for the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton.

Its great we actually have so many options I guess, if we go with a three in midfield my three would be Dylan, Marv and SJM. Personally Im not convinced the current "experiment" with two wide men is working as its leaving us short in middle of midfield. If we try to retain the width with a 4-3-3 formation then you have the quandry of trying to fit a combination of Barker, Boyle, Murray and Stokes into a three.

We all have our ideas I guess and reading this message board the flavour changes from week to week as the results change, which is understandable kicking our thoughts and ideas about is what message boards are for.

1van Sprou7e
22-09-2017, 12:07 PM
We should start with 3 CMs vs Ross County IMO

Could probably get away with McGinn, McGeouch and Slivka but Slivka was poor against Livi so I guess Bartley will be ahead of him

Eyrie
22-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Its great we actually have so many options I guess, if we go with a three in midfield my three would be Dylan, Marv and SJM. Personally Im not convinced the current "experiment" with two wide men is working as its leaving us short in middle of midfield. If we try to retain the width with a 4-3-3 formation then you have the quandry of trying to fit a combination of Barker, Boyle, Murray and Stokes into a three.

That's a good quandary to have as it creates competition for places and gives us an excellent option off the bench to freshen things up.

mjhibby
22-09-2017, 10:19 PM

Of that there is no doubt. Why he isn't playing is the issue. I think it's Nl not sure of his best 11; A wee clue Neil your best 11 includes Dylan. Could be they are trying to manage his injury situatioj but unless he has a problem then he should be in the starting 11.

pacorosssco
22-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Its hard to tell if rested or not starting. Lennon played when fit first 11 last year and said was huge loss when went of semi. If he was fully fit hed have got a move from us to England already. Very good player who makes Mcginn look better also.

I never thought but may have said will move on end od season so lennon planing ahead

mjhibby
22-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Its hard to tell if rested or not starting. Lennon played when fit first 11 last year and said was huge loss when went of semi. If he was fully fit hed have got a move from us to England already. Very good player who makes Mcginn look better also.

I never thought but may have said will move on end od season so lennon planing ahead

Could be but I sincerely hope that's not the case. We will struggle to get a player of his quality. There should always be questions asked when our best players aren't playing. It's a no brainer for me. We are soooo much better with Dylan in the team.

pacorosssco
22-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Could be but I sincerely hope that's not the case. We will struggle to get a player of his quality. There should always be questions asked when our best players aren't playing. It's a no brainer for me. We are soooo much better with Dylan in the team.

Im now thinking this could be why less game time but could be management of injury. Looks like new deal was is based on game time this season as doubt would want to let run down contract.

Brightside
22-09-2017, 11:38 PM

Bartly makes it worse

pacorosssco
22-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Bartly makes it worse
Like Bartley gives all but limited when gets win ball has no idea what to do ball. Not much of a footballer. Suits derby games where its a fight lost in others

Tornadoes70
23-09-2017, 12:27 AM

Exactly!

Prior to Dylan going off against the sheep in last years semi we had looked the team most likely to win. Dylan is real quality and we miss him when not available. Dylan is different class.

GGTTH

MacGruber
23-09-2017, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=lgnsh_070362;5175749]Exactly!

Prior to Dylan going off against the sheep in last years semi we had looked the team most likely to win. Dylan is real quality and we miss him when not available. Dylan is different class.

GGTTH[/QUOTE

Won't be long until Dylan is running out against us in a Hearts Jersey and dominating our midfield.

That'll be the chat by January. We're sleep walking into losing him - couple of months until he can sign pretty contract elsewhere. We could shortly be without both him,McGinn.

C'mon hibs, fingers out. Get an offer infront of the week man

MacGruber
23-09-2017, 07:10 AM

GGTTH[/QUOTE

Won't be long until Dylan is running out against us in a Hearts Jersey and dominating our midfield.

That'll be the chat by January. We're sleep walking into losing him - couple of months until he can sign pretty contract elsewhere. We could shortly be without both him,McGinn.

'Wee' man, lol

Allant1981
23-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Bartly makes it worse

no he doesnt

stevie-bee
23-09-2017, 07:41 PM
no he doesnt

Any one know How did Dylan play today ?

flash
23-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Bartly makes it worse

Utter pish.

.Sean.
23-09-2017, 07:48 PM

GGTTH[/QUOTE

Running out against us in a Hearts jersey, are you pished?

danhibees1875
23-09-2017, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=MacGruber;5175777]
Running out against us in a Hearts jersey, are you pished?

I think it's a reference to what hearts will be saying when they start they're usual "we're going to sign X from Hibs" nonsense.

allmodcons
23-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Any one know How did Dylan play today ?

Ok but not at his best. 3 or 4 really sloppy passes. I like Dylan but thought he struggled in at left midfield today.

lord bunberry
23-09-2017, 07:56 PM
It's worrying that he hasn't been offered a new deal yet.

J-C
23-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Ok but not at his best. 3 or 4 really sloppy passes. I like Dylan but thought he struggled in at left midfield today.

He's at his best playing in the middle of the 3 midfielders taking the ball off the defenders, Lennon likes Bartley as the enforcer type and he plays centrally. One of the reasons Dylan doesn't play as much as he should when Bartley is playing, he's not as effective out wide.

allmodcons
23-09-2017, 08:04 PM
He's at his best playing in the middle of the 3 midfielders taking the ball off the defenders, Lennon likes Bartley as the enforcer type and he plays centrally. One of the reasons Dylan doesn't play as much as he should when Bartley is playing, he's not as effective out wide.
Agree. He didn't look too comfortable playing left mid but still showed some classy touches.

number9dream
23-09-2017, 08:16 PM

Didn't see the game but feel for Dylan getting shoehorned in at left midfield... since he is obviously at his best in the middle of the park. Is he suffering (and is the team suffering) to accommodate other players?
McGinn is perhaps better suited to left midfield if Lennon wants two up top. If we don't have a front two, do our midfield 3 do enough to support a lone striker? A welcome three points but there's still a nagging feeling of imbalance about the starting XI, although it's great to have options. It's not so long ago we were struggling to name 5 decent players never mind arguing about who is left out or who should play where.

allmodcons
23-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Didn't see the game but feel for Dylan getting shoehorned in at left midfield... since he is obviously at his best in the middle of the park. Is he suffering (and is the team suffering) to accommodate other players?
McGinn is perhaps better suited to left midfield if Lennon wants two up top. If we don't have a front two, do our midfield 3 do enough to support a lone striker? A welcome three points but there's still a nagging feeling of imbalance about the starting XI, although it's great to have options. It's not so long ago we were struggling to name 5 decent players never mind arguing about who is left out or who should play where.

Aye, you could be right. Nice problem for Lennon to have but I'm not sure he knows his best 11. McGinn was OK today but nothing special.