McGeouch
Swanson
Murray
Porteous

Thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chasitup
16-09-2017, 06:58 PM
I'd maybe swap Swanson for Barker (who I thought was excellent in the first half today) but otherwise agree with that.

kaimendhibs
16-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Big davy looks like the white Hurtado

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
16-09-2017, 07:05 PM
I don't know if Rocky deserves to be dropped. Dropping a keeper after one poor performance isn't going to help his confidence. Would be surprised to see a change of keeper, but imagine a couple of changes elsewhere, with Stevenson coming in for Whittaker for one.

bigwheel
16-09-2017, 07:06 PM
can't believe some people are give big Davy stick...he has played about 45 minutes of football in total...he needs minutes to have a fair chance. There are other more regular players who have had far worse contributions today than him as a sub....

The goalie looks overweight compared to last year (for example) and his form seems to have dipped notably...

Famous Fiver
16-09-2017, 07:07 PM
My heart missed a beat when I saw Baker listed in the OP's team.

If only................

Pretty Boy
16-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Boyle/Barker

Murray
Stokes

bigwheel
16-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Boyle/Barker

Murray
Stokes

i'd go with that too....

Diclonius
16-09-2017, 07:13 PM
Big davy looks like the white Hurtado

He's literally played about 30 minutes of football for us.

Smartie
16-09-2017, 07:22 PM
can't believe some people are give big Davy stick...he has played about 45 minutes of football in total...he needs minutes to have a fair chance. There are other more regular players who have had far worse contributions today than him as a sub....

The goalie looks overweight compared to last year (for example) and his form seems to have dipped notably...

Davy got 25 minutes today.

If he wants to get any more minutes, he needs to show a lot more than he did today to suggest that he deserves it. For me, he doesn't look like he fits into the way we play and hasn't looked like he's up to the standard required. Harsh, as he's not had much of a chance, but that's the way I see it.

Marciano (needs a chance to bounce back quickly from his bad game today).

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

It's a cup quarter final, we badly want to win this game and get to the latter stages of competitions.

3 experienced defenders should help keep Porteous right, but if he/ they all play well, the jerseys are theirs for next week.

If the game is as good as won early, Davy might get 20 minutes or so to show what he can do. But I've not seen anything yet that suggests he's good enough to play for us and think we need to consider who we start with, still leaving us with attacking players who can come off the bench and make an impact (maybe playing Swanson in one of the advanced positions allowing us to keep Boyle or Murray to use off the bench).

DTS
16-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Hanlon
Porteous
Stevenson

McGeouch
McGinn
Slivka

Stokes
Murray
Boyle

hhibs
16-09-2017, 07:25 PM
My heart missed a beat when I saw Baker listed in the OP's team.

If only................

Oh...............

bigwheel
16-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Davy got 25 minutes today.

If he wants to get any more minutes, he needs to show a lot more than he did today to suggest that he deserves it. For me, he doesn't look like he fits into the way we play and hasn't looked like he's up to the standard required. Harsh, as he's not had much of a chance, but that's the way I see it.

I agree today he did nothing to warrant a start in the next game ...but for him to get stick on here, compared to the regulars who were more at fault today is poor chat from some on here...

wookie70
16-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Hanlon
Porteous
Stevenson

Diamond with Swanson at tip and Dylan at the back
Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch
Swanson

Murray
Stokes

Heisenberg
16-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
McGeough
Swanson
Stevenson

Boyle
Stokes

Sir David Gray
16-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Marciano

Stevenson
Hanlon
Ambrose
Gray

McGeouch
McGinn
Slivka
Boyle

Murray
Stokes

SUBS

Laidlaw
Porteous
Whittaker
Bartley
Barker
Swanson
Matulevicius

kaimendhibs
16-09-2017, 08:26 PM

The goalie looks overweight compared to last year (for example) and his form seems to have dipped notably...Sorry but worse than today? Who? And why?

kaimendhibs
16-09-2017, 08:30 PM
I agree today he did nothing to warrant a start in the next game ...but for him to get stick on here, compared to the regulars who were more at fault today is poor chat from some on here...Its only an opinion, I dont see what he gives us. Didnt win a header today and hes huge. Not much movement either. Hope Im wrong and will support him but not great for me.

bigwheel
16-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Its only an opinion, I dont see what he gives us. Didnt win a header today and hes huge. Not much movement either. Hope Im wrong and will support him but not great for me.

Fair enough KH. Just feel there are more obvious people who need to step up their game than him

S4uzee
16-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Marciano

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Mcgeouch
McGinn

Boyle
Dave
Stokes

R'Albin
17-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Marciano

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
Slivka
McGeouch

Boyle
Stokes
Barker

fife hfc
17-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Big Dave came on when the team appeared to be falling to bits and sitting deeper and deeper and he was upfront and having to face hurried and panicked clearances. So I won't be too hard on him there. I have watched the first half again and Barker got into a number of crossing positions but no real options in the box. I wonder how Dave would done then and if we plan to play two wingers we need a presence in the box and maybe he would be more suited to that than what he face yesterday late on.

Sammy7nil
17-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Marciano
Gray, Hanlon, Ambrose, Stevenson
McGeoch, McGinn, Slivka, Swanson
Boyle, Stokes

I think we need to work on a settled defence that is why I have kept Efe and Paul together with a strong midfield to dominate possesion.

Onceinawhile
17-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Marciano

Stevenson
Porteous
Ambrose
Hanlon
Gray

Dylan
Bartley
Mcginn

Stokes
Murray.

BoomtownHibees
17-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Marciano

Whitty Efe Hanlon Lewis

Dylan Marv SJM

Boyle Murray Stokes

Sammy7nil
17-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Marciano

Stevenson
Porteous
Ambrose
Hanlon
Gray

Dylan
Bartley
Mcginn

Stokes
Murray.

Five defenders and Marv avainst Livi? I know Livi are on form but do you expect them to push us back?

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Marciano

Gray
Porteous
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
Bartley
McGeough
Swanson

Murray
Big Dave

Resting Hanlon as an injury to him and we're struggling. Stokes we know what will give so giving Murray and Big Dave a chance together. Feel they have the attributes to gel together.

Slivka is a tough one - looks a great player but where do we play him? He isn't a wide player

It's a big game and a chance to tech another semi final.

Diclonius
17-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Bartley

Slivka McGeough

McGinn

Stokes Dave

Allant1981
17-09-2017, 02:08 PM
laidlaw
gray
porteous
hanlon
stevenson
mcgeouch
slivka
whittaker
swanson
murray
stokes

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2017, 03:07 PM
He's literally played about 30 minutes of football for us.

And judging by what we've seen so far he's right!

neil7908
17-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Marciano (can't understand the calls to drop him after one bad game)

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Whittaker

Slivka McGeough McGinn

Barker Dave Stokes

kaimendhibs
17-09-2017, 03:56 PM
This is a cup tie and chance to get to Hampden. Genuinley wonder what people have seen in Dave to.make them think he is the man to get us there. Not being cheeky at all btw, just curious

Onceinawhile
17-09-2017, 03:59 PM
This is a cup tie and chance to get to Hampden. Genuinley wonder what people have seen in Dave to.make them think he is the man to get us there. Not being cheeky at all btw, just curious

Maybe they saw his assist v partick? Or his goal in the cup?

frazeHFC
17-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Marciano

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeoch
Slivka
(Diamond)

Boyle
Stokes

kaimendhibs
17-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Maybe they saw his assist v partick? Or his goal in the cup?So did I. Still dont think hes ready to displace either Murray or certainly Stokes.

MyJo
17-09-2017, 08:07 PM
_______________Marciano

Gray_____Ambrose_____Hanlon______Stevenson

______Slivka___McGeouch____Mcginn

Boyle___________Stokes___________Swanson

Forza Fred
18-09-2017, 03:13 AM
Even if Marciano had played a blinder on Saturday it was probable that Laidlaw would be in goals for this game, to give him some first team action.

I'd like to see Swanston get a run and also Big Davey get a start.

It will be a chance for him to show what he can do..

Coming on when he did on Saturday was a no win situation for him as we were self destructing at that point.

Against lower division opposition he will be expected to show something and hopefully boost his confidence.....at least that's how the theory goes.

I think irrespective of Saturday's result, we could have expected a few changes for the Livi game....just means that opportunities beckon...

kaimendhibs
18-09-2017, 05:46 AM
I like that team

pacoluna
18-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Marciano

Gray
Porteous
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
Bartley
McGeough
Swanson

Murray
Big Dave

Resting Hanlon as an injury to him and we're struggling. Stokes we know what will give so giving Murray and Big Dave a chance together. Feel they have the attributes to gel together.

Slivka is a tough one - looks a great player but where do we play him? He isn't a wide player

It's a big game and a chance to tech another semi final.

absolutely 0 possibility of stokes not starting. As long as fit he will start every game this season.

Ozyhibby
18-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Boyle/Barker

Murray
Stokes

That would do for me.

J-C
18-09-2017, 07:49 AM
4-3-3 and attack from the off.

Laidlaw

Gray
Porteous
Hamlin
Stevenson

Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn

Boyle
Davy
Stokes/

Or 4-3-1-2 with Swanson behind the strikers.

Borderhibbie76
18-09-2017, 07:57 AM

The goalie looks overweight compared to last year (for example) and his form seems to have dipped notably...The criticism of Big Davy just sums this place up...incredible at times it really is [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

500miles
18-09-2017, 08:07 AM
..................Laidlaw
Whittaker.Porteous......Hanlon/Efe.Stevenson
.................McGeough
...........Slivka.........McGinn
..Boyle/Swanson............Stokes
.................Murray

A bit of squad rotation to benefit more injury prone players, Laidlaw needs cup games to keep motivated and pushing Rocky, and Porteous is good enough to play in these games and needs the development opportunity.

Ozyhibby
18-09-2017, 08:13 AM
..................Laidlaw
Whittaker.Porteous......Hanlon/Efe.Stevenson
.................McGeough
...........Slivka.........McGinn
..Boyle/Swanson............Stokes
.................Murray

A bit of squad rotation to benefit more injury prone players, Laidlaw needs cup games to keep motivated and pushing Rocky, and Porteous is good enough to play in these games and needs the development opportunity.

I would put out the best team we have to win the tie. Cups are our only chance of winning things and we are not good enough to just think any team we put out should win.

danhibees1875
18-09-2017, 08:16 AM
I'd be tempted to give Dave a chance, but if there is one thing Murray has done great at so far it's score goals against lower league teams in the cup.

Rocky
Boyle Mcginn Slivka McGeoch
Stokes Murray

The start of a consistent back 5 going forward hopefully.

500miles
18-09-2017, 08:31 AM
I would put out the best team we have to win the tie. Cups are our only chance of winning things and we are not good enough to just think any team we put out should win.

Using the squad to full potential means we get the most out of those players.

ajf
18-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Rocky
Porteous
Hanlon
Efe
Boyle
Slivka
Dylan
Mcginn
Barker
Stokes
Davy

Forward thinking team with wingers to supply big Dave

.Sean.
18-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Marciano

Bartley

Slivka McGeough

McGinn

Stokes Dave

This

gillythehibby
18-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Boyle/Barker

Murray
Stokes

This :agree:

RoxburghHibs
18-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Either Boyle, Barker or Swanson (I'd be tempted for Swanson for this game)

Murray
Stokes

Brightside
18-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Strongest team. Its a 1/4 final!

MyJo
18-09-2017, 10:09 AM

:agree: half the people suggesting we rest players or give fringe players a game in the team will be going absolutely nuts at Lennon on Wednesday if he does that and we end up getting beat.

Strong team, Good performance, clean sheet and a few goals to see us into the semi-final of 1 of the 2 competitions we have a chance of winning this season will cheer everybody up (hopefully)

LaMotta
18-09-2017, 11:01 AM

:agree: The incentive of a share of the proceeds of the potential 60 - 70,000 or so semi final ticket sales should gurantee this.

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2017, 11:03 AM
If Rocky had played a blinder on Saturday he would almost certainly have been replaced by Laidlaw for this game, because he didn't I think Lennon would be mental to drop him, keepers like strikers live and die by their confidence and the worst thing to do to Marciano here would be to leave him out ... don't get me wrong, any more performances like Saturday and he will be dropped because that wasn't good enough and Laidlaw has proved that he is a more than able replacement.

What is a pity is the clear loss of confidence in Swanson, half the posters picking teams haven't included him, including me and I wouldn't be surprised if that's because some folk have practically forgotten him he seems so far out of the picture at the moment .... crazy when you look at what a good season he had last year.

Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Porteous ....... as the only back up to Hanlon and Ambrose I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, he needs a chance to prove he can cope under real pressure.
Stevenson ..... By now even Neil Lennon has to admit that Whittaker isn't cutting it at LB and its time to get Lewis up and running again.

McGinn
Slivka ...... Its time this guy was given a start
McGeouch ..... Needs a start as well and can play deep to give McGinn a chance to push further forward where IMO he is far more effective
Boyle

Stokes ..... IMO Lennon wont leave him out unless he is injured
Murray ..... Under normal circumstances I think he would be dropped to give big Dave a chance, but he needs a goal to stop his mini drought and for that reason I think he will at least start the game.

Having said all that it could be that we end up playing what Lennon sees as our strongest team, there is a pile of cash to be made if we make the semi finals and this is also one of only two chances we realistically have of winning anything.

Laidlaw

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
F. Murray
McGeouch
Swanson

S. Murray
Matulevicius

That line up will play like Brazil 1970 and be a fixture for the rest of the season :greengrin

jacomo
18-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Lewis

Lewis Lewis Lewis Lewis

Lewis Lewis Lewis Lewis

Lewis Lewis

Firestarter
18-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Rocky

Boyle McGinn McGeough Swanson

Murray Stokes.

18-09-2017, 05:15 PM
4-3-3 and attack from the off.

Laidlaw

Gray
Porteous
Hamlin
Stevenson

Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn

Boyle
Davy
Stokes/

Or 4-3-1-2 with Swanson behind the strikers.Wha's hamlin

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

skipster7
18-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Boyle/Barker

Murray
Stokes
Only change Porteous for Ambrose in that team.:agree:

J-C
18-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Wha's hamlin

Bloody phone and predictive text :greengrin obviously Hanlon.

18-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Bloody phone and predictive text :greengrin obviously Hanlon.My phone changes it to hamlet it's okay [emoji23][emoji23]

emerald green
18-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Whatever the line up, John McGinn needs support in midfield from KO. Preferably McGeouch. Either Bartley or one winger drops out.

BoomtownHibees
18-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Whatever the line up, John McGinn needs support in midfield from KO. Preferably McGeouch. Either Bartley or one winger drops out.

Bringing Dylan in for Marv would leave us just as short so has to be one of the wingers or a striker for me

emerald green
18-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Bringing Dylan in for Marv would leave us just as short so has to be one of the wingers or a striker for me

Yep agreed. One of the wingers.

hfc rd
18-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Marciano

Bartley

Slivka McGeough

McGinn

Stokes Dave

I'd go for the exact same as this

heretoday
18-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Top team out please. Livy will fancy this.

KWJ
18-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Rocky

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mcgeouch
Slivka
Mcginn
Boyle

Stokes
Murray

4-0

1van Sprou7e
18-09-2017, 11:26 PM
IMO Boyle should start, could maybe go 352

--------------------------Marciano-------------------------
---------------Ambrose--Porteous--Hanlon---------------
Boyle--McGeouch/Slivka--Bartley--McGinn--Stevenson
-----------------------Stokes--Murray/Dave--------------

Speedway
18-09-2017, 11:34 PM
IMO Boyle should start, could maybe go 352

--------------------------Marciano-------------------------
---------------Ambrose--Porteous--Hanlon---------------
Boyle--McGeouch/Slivka--Bartley--McGinn--Stevenson
-----------------------Stokes--Murray/Dave--------------
Swanson for Stevenson and that's my side.

danhibees1875
19-09-2017, 07:52 AM

For a normal game I would agree, Bartley has been fantastic this year - but the last couple of seasons we have seen over and over that he isn't as effective in games where teams sit in a lot more. I'd leave Bartley out of this one for that reason.

Rocky
Boyle Mcginn McGeoch Slivka
Stokes Murray

Swanson or Whittaker could also play instead of Slivka.

BoomtownHibees
19-09-2017, 07:58 AM
For a normal game I would agree, Bartley has been fantastic this year - but the last couple of seasons we have seen over and over that he isn't as effective in games where teams sit in a lot more. I'd leave Bartley out of this one for that reason.

Rocky
Boyle Mcginn McGeoch Slivka
Stokes Murray

Swanson or Whittaker could also play instead of Slivka.

I totally agree. The point I was making was we need an extra man in the middle when the opposing team have 3 in there. Whether that's Marv/SJM/Dylan or SJM/Dylan/Slivka, we just need a bit extra in there instead of 2 wingers + 2 strikers

J-C
19-09-2017, 07:59 AM
As good s Bartley can be, we really shouldn't need a player like him against Livingston, he's an enforcer type and we'll be doing a lot of pressing tonight, which means we'll be on the front foot most of the game, hence we need more creativity. We can't go 3 at the back because we can't afford anymore injuries to any of our CH's, so it has to be a back 4.

Laidlaw ( purely to give him game time )

Gray
Porteous ( not done a lot wrong when called upon and deserves a start, good to see what he's like in a cup game )
Hanlon ( captain for tonight )
Stevenson ( proper LB and will stabilise the defensive shape )

Slivka ( deserves a start )
McGeouch ( Our best creative midfielder, has to start )
McGinn ( plays much better when Dylan plays )

Boyle
Stokes ( playing well right now and still needing game time, plus he scores )
Swanson ( needs a confidence boost, play him on the left just behind the strikers, where he played for St Johnstone )

green day
19-09-2017, 08:23 AM
As good s Bartley can be, we really shouldn't need a player like him against Livingston, he's an enforcer type and we'll be doing a lot of pressing tonight, which means we'll be on the front foot most of the game, hence we need more creativity. We can't go 3 at the back because we can't afford anymore injuries to any of our CH's, so it has to be a back 4.

Gray
Porteous ( not done a lot wrong when called upon and deserves a start, good to see what he's like in a cup game )

Boyle
Swanson ( needs a confidence boost, play him on the left just behind the strikers, where he played for St Johnstone )

I would be ok with that if we had been winning in the league, but I think Lennon will still try and finesse what he thinks is his best 11 - so dont think he will drop Whitty despite it being needed.

eastcoasthibby
19-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Rocky

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mcgeouch
Slivka
Mcginn
Boyle

Stokes
Murray

4-0

I would go for this ...cant help but feel we need to get Swanson going though as well.

IAmLee
19-09-2017, 08:26 AM

Gray

Boyle

This is pretty much the team I would play. I'd start Rocky though, so that he doesn't lose confidence after his performance on Saturday. We need to find a way to get Dylan in the team every game (if he's fit) we normally play a lot better when he's on the park.

Carheenlea
19-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Top team out please. Livy will fancy this.

I don't think there is any danger of Neil Lennon putting out anything other than what he would consider to be his strongest side.
Livi will fancy it alright, but I have a feeling we are likewise going to be right up for this tonight, and will win without too much fuss.

bingo70
19-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Rocky

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Mcgeouch
Mcginn

Barker (In a free role popping up on both wings)

Simon Murray
Stokes

There's a temptation to rest Simon Murray but I'd probably persevere with him for this game as he seems to have a great record in this cup, he also is perhaps best against the weaker sides.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2017, 09:02 AM
If we're going with a narrow midfield as suggested by quite a few, then I don't think Stevenson is the best option to give us attacking width.

Brightside
19-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Rocky
Efe Hanlon Porteous

Gray Dylan SJM Slivka Stevenson

Boyle Stokes

Souter96Mac
19-09-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm always a fan of the 4231 formation and would love to us use It but it would end up in losing a striker, unless stokes was played wide left. for example
Rocky
whittaker Efe Hanlon Stevenson
McGinn Bartley
Boyle Swanson Barker
Stokes

calumhibee1
19-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Rocky

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
McGeough
Slivka

Boyle
Stokes
Barker

Firestarter
19-09-2017, 10:19 AM
For me if Barker plays then Dave should to get on the end of crosses. Surely that's what he was brought in for?

19-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeough
Boyle/Barker

Murray
Stokes

I'd go for this but definitely start with Boyle. Barker can be an impact sub.