PDA

View Full Version : Whole match on Alba just now

lapsedhibee
16-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Didn't look like a pen.

CMac1988
16-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Didn't look like a pen.

Couldn't really see much at the game. What about Stokes penalty shout beforehand?

lapsedhibee
16-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Couldn't really see much at the game. What about Stokes penalty shout beforehand?
I missed that. Might get a rerun at HT.

ClewsHibs
16-09-2017, 05:41 PM

Looked a stonewaller from the west at the time

Centre Hawf
16-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Someones told me it looked like a dive from Boyle? Anyone seen it know if its likely he could be in trouble for it or is it a reach to say its a dive?

lapsedhibee
16-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Someones told me it looked like a dive from Boyle? Anyone seen it know if its likely he could be in trouble for it or is it a reach to say its a dive?

Didn't look like he was tripped, or pushed in the back ...

Glory Lurker
16-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Will watch this later, but I didn't think the foul on Boyle was inside the box.

hibsbollah
16-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Didn't look like a pen.

The first one on Stokes should definitely have been a penalty.

lapsedhibee
16-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Will watch this later, but I didn't think the foul on Boyle was inside the box.
After umpteen replays Boyle might have been clipped, but if so it was outside the box.

Stokesy definitely clipped, went down a tad theatrically.

Peevemor
16-09-2017, 06:28 PM
After umpteen replays Boyle might have been clipped, but if so it was outside the box.

Stokesy definitely clipped, went down a tad theatrically.
I said on the match thread that I thought Boyle's penalty was soft that any contact there was started a yard outside the box. It made up for the Stokes one though.

wookie70
16-09-2017, 07:29 PM
At the game I thought possible penalty for foul against Barker just before definitely penalty for Stokes. I then thought the Boyle one looked like the slightest of touches at best as he cut accross the defender. There was also a ball that was fired accross their 18 yard line that looked like it hit a Motherwell players arm. The Stokes one was as clear a penalty as you are likely to see.

CMurdoch
16-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Stokes incident was a penalty and the one given to Boyle wasn't.

Marciano should have come out and taken the ball before it reached Moult 3 yards out for their first goal.

Ambrose and Hanlon jumped in allowing Moult to turn them for his second.

DarlingtonHibee
16-09-2017, 08:59 PM
The first one on Stokes should definitely have been a penalty.

This we were in the south, definitely a penalty

easty
17-09-2017, 07:53 AM

Marciano should have come out and taken the ball before it reached Moult 3 yards out for their first goal.

Hanlon didn't get turned at the second. It was Ambrose and Bartley, wasn't it?? Hanlon tried to get over and cover but Moult had already got the shot away.

Bristolhibby
17-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Dammit, would have taped it if I'd have known!

J

lapsedhibee
17-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Dammit, would have taped it if I'd have known!

J

Available for 6 days here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09494y5/scottish-premiership-201718-hibernian-v-motherwell).

superfurryhibby
17-09-2017, 06:47 PM

Agree with what you say about the Hibs penalty claims. The Well one was a dive, but could have easilly been given. The ref was right on the spot though.

Marciano also lacked conviction at times. He needs to do better than he did yesterday.

one day maybe...
17-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Why was slivka booked. I've watched it a few times now and don't see what he did different to the Motherwell player ?

lapsedhibee
17-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Why was slivka booked. I've watched it a few times now and don't see what he did different to the Motherwell player ?
:agree: Looked innocuous.

Eyrie
17-09-2017, 09:07 PM
You'd need to ask the referee's imagination to find out.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2017, 09:45 PM

Joke of a decision.

Both Slivka and the Motherwell player did pretty much the same thing so if Slivka gets booked then he has to book the Motherwell player as well.

The only difference is that the Motherwell player stayed on the ground longer so was perceived to be the victim.

CMurdoch
18-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Hanlon didn't get turned at the second. It was Ambrose and Bartley, wasn't it?? Hanlon tried to get over and cover but Moult had already got the shot away.

Yeah your right. Ambrose solely at fault for jumping in.
The sort of error you would expect from an inexperienced defender.

What I like about McGregor is he makes the best of his limited abilities and that includes using that big muscle between his ears to make good decisions (other than giving the rash penalty away in the Hamilton game etc). Ambrose is the opposite, he is a massively gifted player who makes many poor and at times bizarre decisions. He needs McGregor next to him to keep him focused.

Think the best combination at centre back is therefore McGregor plus Ambrose or Hanlon.

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Stokes a definite pen ..... Boyle definitely not a pen. The ref might have given a pen against Bartley, but the Well players dying swan act probably didn't help him.

Its funny how your memory of the game is disproved by the telly ... I could have sworn the elbow on Ambrose happened in the first half, when in fact it was the second.