PDA

View Full Version : Rocky

Comiston Hibee
16-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Needs to take a courage pill. Totally bottled it for their first goal

cleanyman
16-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Stinker today.

Was poor right from the off and we were lucky to get away with it in the first half

The second half however...

Sammy7nil
16-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Always thought he has been shaky and a disaster waiting to happen. Not sure he was the main problem today though.

Diclonius
16-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Always thought he has been shaky and a disaster waiting to happen. Not sure he was the main problem today though.

That's one of the first poor games he's ever had for us.

frazeHFC
16-09-2017, 05:15 PM
He did the same in pre-season at Dunfermline and we were lucky it was disallowed as it was never a foul. I like Rocky but he doesn't fill me with much confidence when crosses come in.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Seemed to jar his right wrist in the warm up but seemed to shake it off. He was woeful today though. There seemed to be a lack of communication through the back

Apologies for excessive use of 'seemed'

Pretty Boy
16-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Everything about him today was, to put it bluntly, pish.

Distribution was woeful, he never got near a Hibs player with his kicking in the 2nd half particularly. Flapped at 2 crosses in the 1st half then hesistated comong for the cross at the goal and when he finally did come it was half hearted.

He's better than that.

whiskas
16-09-2017, 05:23 PM
I spotted that too. I watch the goalie warmups most week and in them Laidlaw looks sharper IMO and the young goalie looks enthusiastic but Marciano always seems a little too laid back though if it works for him... that first goal he should have went for, no idea why he stayed put. Even if he narrowed the angle it would have been better. 2nd goal was a great finish to be fair. Marciano and Ambroses game of who can kick the ball highest was as amusing as it was nerve wracking

KeithTheHibby
16-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Just seen the goals on sky. Rocky horrendous for the first.
Ambrose totally sold for the second.

DTS
16-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Needs dropped, looks half arsed with distribution and looks totally uncomfortable uber crosses. Laidlaw in on Tuesday. He should've came for the cross for the goal also the sitter of a header moult missed 1st half he should have been coming for as well

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2017, 05:34 PM
i do seem to tense up a tad when crosses come in to our box

Stoney Hibee
16-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Needs dropped, looks half arsed with distribution and looks totally uncomfortable uber crosses. Laidlaw in on Tuesday. He should've came for the cross for the goal also the sitter of a header moult missed 1st half he should have been coming for as well

I would not argue with this.

Spike Mandela
16-09-2017, 05:43 PM
What the **** was Rocky doing at the first? Genuinely what was he doing, haven't seen it back.

Ilovehibs
16-09-2017, 05:51 PM
His shot stopping is alright but absolutely honking at crosses/ corners.
The St Johnstone keeper last week was out and up brilliantly.
Come on Rocky son. Improvement needed.

Smartie
16-09-2017, 05:58 PM
I spotted that too. I watch the goalie warmups most week and in them Laidlaw looks sharper IMO and the young goalie looks enthusiastic but Marciano always seems a little too laid back though if it works for him... that first goal he should have went for, no idea why he stayed put. Even if he narrowed the angle it would have been better. 2nd goal was a great finish to be fair. Marciano and Ambroses game of who can kick the ball highest was as amusing as it was nerve wracking

There's a bit too much of this in our team at the moment for my liking. We could do with Darren McGregor's intensity, aggression and concentration coming back to lead them all by example very soon.

I even wondered if it was the weather that affected Rocky today? It was wetter than normal - he seemed to get the fear, inside of calmly plucking crosses he dithered, flapped - basically every time a ball went into the box it looked like it might be a goal.

One bad game doesn't make a bad player, but he needs to bounce back from that one fast. We've had a few inept goalkeeping performances over the years - that was right up there.

Bob Box Fish
16-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Poor distribution and honking at crosses. Either give laidlaw a chance or find another goalie in Jan.

Moody Blues
16-09-2017, 06:03 PM
i do seem to tense up a tad when crosses come in to our box

Is that you Rocky ?

Ilovehibs
16-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Good one!

heretoday
16-09-2017, 06:04 PM
To blame for the first.

Iain G
16-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Poor distribution and honking at crosses. Either give laidlaw a chance or find another goalie in Jan.

6 games into the season so a bit over the top if you ask me! Big change up for a number of players this season, give them a wee bit of a chance to adjust!!

wookie70
16-09-2017, 06:13 PM
It was only a case of bottle for the first because he completely failed to react. If he had made a positive move to that ball when it was played Moult wouldn't have got near it. I thought he looked terrified most of the game today and flapped at pretty much every ball which went his way. I can't say he has won me over at any point and see him as decent and I actually prefer Laidlaw as he looks better at crosses. Laidlaw was dropped whilst performing well and given we haven't had a clean sheet in the league I think deserves a run out of Tuesday. Rocky is capable of world class saves but I prefer my keepers to be able to deal with the bread and butter issues the vast majority of the time. He doesn't look capable of that to me on current form.

brog
16-09-2017, 06:38 PM
I must admit I never quite understood the love affair on here with Rocky but I'm always unwilling to join in personal criticism of any of our players. I genuinely however don't see a great difference between Rocky & either Ben Williams or the much maligned Oxley. IMO the strength of all 3 was their shot stopping & the weakness their inability to deal with crosses. I think Rocky usually brings a sense of calm to the defence but that plus will soon disappear if he loses the support of the crowd. Hopefully he can sort it out in training but I would play Ross on Tuesday.

SChibs
16-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Bloody he'll our usually reliable keeper as one iffy game and folk are wanting a new keeper in already, let's be serious...

weecounty hibby
16-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Was in the Dunbar end today and even from the full length of the pitch a I could see that he was flapping at every cross into the box. Said to my son at half time that he was going to cost us and unfortunately he did. Still think he is good keeper but he was horrific for the first goal.

Hiber-nation
16-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Don't think he's been the same since he had a nightmare for Israel in the game v Spain back in March.

DavidDavidGray
16-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Rocky is a really good goalkeeper who had a bad game today, anyone calling for his head needs to realise that every player has a bad game sometimes! One of, if not the best goalies I've ever seen any Hibs. Great shot-stopping, normally composed on the ball and normally is confident coming for crosses. Just an off day

Nakedmanoncrack
16-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Let's be honest, he had virtually nothing to do last season, none if us know how good or bad he is. He'll be tested much more this season, after that a judgement can be made.

matty_f
16-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Rocky is a really good goalkeeper who had a bad game today, anyone calling for his head needs to realise that every player has a bad game sometimes! One of, if not the best goalies I've ever seen any Hibs. Great shot-stopping, normally composed on the ball and normally is confident coming for crosses. Just an off day

He's a good keeper that had a bad day at the office.

CMurdoch
16-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Let's be honest, he had virtually nothing to do last season, none if us know how good or bad he is. He'll be tested much more this season, after that a judgement can be made.

Correct.

We all know he is a great instinctive shot stopper but other teams will catch on quick if he has an issue coming for crosses that should be his.
Moult was only 3 yards out when he put in the first and the ball travelled a long way to reach him. Rocky should have come and cleared it out.

He should spend the vast majority of his time in training on decision making relative to crosses. Day after day after day until he gets it right.

Glory Lurker
16-09-2017, 09:00 PM

:confused: The Office is in a different EH postcode, is it not? :greengrin

we are hibs
16-09-2017, 09:19 PM
That's one of the first poor games he's ever had for us.

He was poor at Ibrox too. Seems to have trouble communicating with the defenders Infront of him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Seems an accepted .net fact that if Rocky is fit then he plays. After today it will be a call that Lennon will have to make. Laidlaw is worth a shout against Livingston and Ross County.

RIP
16-09-2017, 10:22 PM
A keeper that cannot command his six yard box should never get a game for Hibernian FC. He's called Rocky bit completely powder puff in that area.

Forza Fred
16-09-2017, 11:20 PM
I must admit I never quite understood the love affair on here with Rocky but I'm always unwilling to join in personal criticism of any of our players. I genuinely however don't see a great difference between Rocky & either Ben Williams or the much maligned Oxley. IMO the strength of all 3 was their shot stopping & the weakness their inability to deal with crosses. I think Rocky usually brings a sense of calm to the defence but that plus will soon disappear if he loses the support of the crowd. Hopefully he can sort it out in training but I would play Ross on Tuesday.

Yep, not that this place has a habit of exaggeration......I too ever quite understood the lauding of Rocky.

To be fair I think he is not a BAD goalie, but certainly not inspirational.

He fills a gap in a competent manner in a position where we truly suffered in as a result of previous incumbents, but I'm nonplussed whether he or Laidlaw starts any game.

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2017, 02:46 AM

wouldn't do any harm getting a game, but i remember him doing the exact same flap as rocky did today, same end same post and both lost goals

staunchhibby
17-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Surely Laidlaw must get a run now after the rocky horror show.Not so confident about Livingstone on Tuesday night.

lucky
17-09-2017, 07:30 AM
I've never been that convinced by him but most on here were claiming he's the best we've had since Anderson. I'd definitely play Laidlaw on Tuesday

Callum_62
17-09-2017, 07:40 AM
Wasnt laidlaw lambasted last tear for similar

We are Hibs, we dont get the luxury of having Buffon in goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2017, 08:18 AM
The first choice keeper doesn't normally get binned after a couple of mistakes. Just an off day.

Lancs Harp
17-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Rocky is our number one for me, sure he had a poor game yesterday. I would play Laidlaw in the league cup tie regardless of yesterday anyway, he's competant and could probably use some game time and a league cup tie is a good time to stick him in. Rocky then back in for the weekend.

timewilltell
17-09-2017, 09:53 AM

Agreed. Thought he was really poor today. In my opinion he can often seem too casual and his distribution is slow and poor. As for his ability at crosses......

Diclonius
17-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Bloody he'll our usually reliable keeper as one iffy game and folk are wanting a new keeper in already, let's be serious...

It's a joke. Apparently half the team is ***** now - news to me.

Iain G
17-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Agreed. Thought he was really poor today. In my opinion he can often seem too casual and his distribution is slow and poor. As for his ability at crosses......

How much do we miss Mark Oxley, or Simon Brown, or Makalamby, or Zibi....

I feel context is getting lost in the post game knee jerk panic and extremism on here these days and people really really need to take a step back and ask if things are as bad as they think they are.

This is becoming a pretty toxic place post match...

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Surely Laidlaw must get a run now after the rocky horror show.Not so confident about Livingstone on Tuesday night.
After 1 mistake? Have a word

Dunbar Hibee
17-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Some of the posts on this thread are absolutely mental.😂 Jeezo

hibee_girl
17-09-2017, 10:26 AM

That's just simply not true. Never have I been overly worried with him in goals, the total opposite of someone like Oxley for example

WhileTheChief..
17-09-2017, 10:38 AM
The knives really are out after a 2-2 draw against Motherwell eh.

Whittaker, Ambrose, Barker, Murray and Rocky all getting slated and are no where good enough now.

Not a peep about them after winning at Ibrox though.

This place will be fun if we lose another game. Meltdown. Armageddon. Lennon and Petrie out.

brog
17-09-2017, 04:08 PM

Not sure I agree Matty. As I'm in London I only see a few full games a season but this year I've seen both the Partick & Well games on Alba also. Against Jags Rocky let an innocuous shot bounce off him & was bailed out by Hanlon. He also committed an almost identical error for Well's 1st goal yesterday but luckily for us the Partick player missed. As I said earlier I hate criticising any Hibs player but I don't see Rocky being significantly better than most of our keepers over last decade or so. If Oxley, Brown or Ziggy had conceded the 2nd goal in the cup semi last season they would have been slaughtered on here.

Stevie Reid
17-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Very bad day yesterday. Don't think I'd drop him yet but he could have no complaints if he was.

I do rate him though.

Hi Heid Yin
17-09-2017, 04:35 PM

Absolutely spot on!

Forza Fred
18-09-2017, 04:37 AM
Rocky is an ok goalie.

He's not a Yashin (younger posters can look him up) and neither is he a Zibi.

Surely it is ok to offer criticism of a player after a sub standard performance without it being seen as 'hammering' him?

FWIW I think Laidlaw would have been selected for the Livi game regardless of how Rocky did against Well.

The Leith Dutch
18-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Rocky is an ok goalie.

He's not a Yashin (younger posters can look him up) and neither is he a Zibi.

Surely it is ok to offer criticism of a player after a sub standard performance without it being seen as 'hammering' him?

FWIW I think Laidlaw would have been selected for the Livi game regardless of how Rocky did against Well.

Sorry, not sure I comprehend this post.
Surely he has to be either an imposter/wage thief OR the best keeper we've had since Goram.
This balanced opinion will never take off ;)

Some of the stuff on here is properly mental.

Nothing against Laidlaw but he's hardly showed he's a stunning keeper - indeed as others have said, slated for similar errors to Rocky on Saturday.

Nuts to be looking at dropping a player after a poor game.
Doubly so when it's a position that's a lot about confidence which Goalkeeper is.

Nobody is undroppable but if we're going to drop keepers after a poor game we'll wind up chopping and changing between Rocky and Laidlaw all season, neither of them will have any confidence or an understanding with the defence.

We were poor on Saturday and there were individual bad games but I'd question how we were set up.

Not sure I'd play two wingers, two strikers and a destructive midfielder - it means we're short in the middle of the park where the plan seemed to be SJM using his crab move to get away from players.

Not sure why we played a right wing back whose strength is his attacking play at left back while also playing a left winger.
I'd have thought we'd be wanting solid full backs if we're playing two wingers.

We have a very good squad - that hasn't changed.
Not sure we have a good gameplan particularly when 3 at the back is off the cards.

Smartie
18-09-2017, 09:07 AM
If Rocky had played well on Saturday I'd have played Laidlaw on Tuesday.

As it is, Rocky needs to get back to form asap so he should play.

He's a good keeper who had a howler.

It happens,

brog
18-09-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm not being wise after the fact but after watching the Jags game on Alba I was not confident about Rocky. IMO his performance that day was the same as on Saturday, the only difference was Well took advantage of his uncertainty. The following week Sevco scored a header from 4 yards. Rocky needs to learn to command his penalty box & quickly otherwise his uncertainty will affect the whole defence. Personally I would look to sign Danny Rogers on a pre contract in Jan to give Rocky some quality competition.

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2017, 12:38 PM
He had a bad day .. if he hadn't I'm sure we would have seen Laidlaw on Tuesday, but not now, the last thing you want to do to your first choice keeper is bin him after one game where he was clearly at fault ..... if things don't improve then fine give Laidlaw his chance, but we are a bit off that yet IMO.

Yes he needs to be far more commanding in his 6 yard box, but as others have pointed out, what the hell are we doing giving forwards free headers at our back post anyway? and from that POV Whittaker needs looking at .... he was right back when the Huns scored at that back post at Ibrox and he was left back today where one of the most in form strikers in Scotland was twice allowed free headers at the back post which should be his responsibility.

Put it this way, if Rocky is binned on Tuesday and Whittaker isn't I'll move pretty swiftly into the camp that is starting to believe our manager isn't just using form to decide which players to pick and which ones to leave out.

SRHibs
18-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Wasnt laidlaw lambasted last tear for similar

We are Hibs, we dont get the luxury of having Buffon in goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're more used to having Buffoon in goals.

Jones28
18-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Having just watched the highlights it's 2 keeper errors for their goals IMO.

Iain G
18-09-2017, 01:31 PM
He had a bad day .. if he hadn't I'm sure we would have seen Laidlaw on Tuesday, but not now, the last thing you want to do to your first choice keeper is bin him after one game where he was clearly at fault ..... if things don't improve then fine give Laidlaw his chance, but we are a bit off that yet IMO.

Yes he needs to be far more commanding in his 6 yard box, but as others have pointed out, what the hell are we doing giving forwards free headers at our back post anyway? and from that POV Whittaker needs looking at .... he was right back when the Huns scored at that back post at Ibrox and he was left back today where one of the most in form strikers in Scotland was twice allowed free headers at the back post which should be his responsibility.

Put it this way, if Rocky is binned on Tuesday and Whittaker isn't I'll move pretty swiftly into the camp that is starting to believe our manager isn't just using form to decide which players to pick and which ones to leave out.

The chopping and changing of the defence in front of him doesn't help and losing McGregor is a blow in commanding balls into the box.

Borderhibbie76
18-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Poor distribution and honking at crosses. Either give laidlaw a chance or find another goalie in Jan.That's the spirit 1 bad game and get him binned!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
18-09-2017, 05:26 PM

I feel context is getting lost in the post game knee jerk panic and extremism on here these days and people really really need to take a step back and ask if things are as bad as they think they are.

This is becoming a pretty toxic place post match...Ur bang on mate...this place is becoming ridiculous...ive barely been on this season. The over-reactions post match are just incredible. If we win it's like we r Brazil and we r gonna challenge Celtic for the league...if we draw/lose it's a catastrophe and half our team are rubbish. Can't be doing with it anymore tbh

Borderhibbie76
18-09-2017, 05:29 PM

Put it this way, if Rocky is binned on Tuesday and Whittaker isn't I'll move pretty swiftly into the camp that is starting to believe our manager isn't just using form to decide which players to pick and which ones to leave out.Whittaker is costing us goals week in week out...he was at fault at Ibrox, Dens and McDiarmid before Sat...he really needs dropped pronto

MWHIBBIES
18-09-2017, 06:25 PM

This is becoming a pretty toxic place post match...One of those not quite like the rest. Ox wasn't spectacular but he rarely let us down and didn't sell the jersey in derbies like the other lot.

hfc rd
18-09-2017, 06:28 PM
He had a poor game on Saturday but he has my full backing. Every GK has a bad game in their career. I'm sure and have full confidence Rocky will bounce back.

Firestarter
18-09-2017, 06:29 PM
One of those not quite like the rest. Ox wasn't spectacular but he rarely let us down and didn't sell the jersey in derbies like the other lot.

Check one of his last ever games for us.

MWHIBBIES
18-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Check one of his last ever games for us.That narrows it down.

Firestarter
18-09-2017, 06:59 PM
That narrows it down.

It's completely relevant to the second year with us imo. Anyway this about our current 'keeper and not guys deemed not good enough in the past.

ajf
19-09-2017, 04:11 AM
It's completely relevant to the second year with us imo. Anyway this about our current 'keeper and not guys deemed not good enough in the past.

He was a poor keeper tho

heretoday
19-09-2017, 04:15 AM
We haven't had great goalies the last few years.
Not like in the old days.

ajf
19-09-2017, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=heretoday;5172079]We haven't had great goalies the last few years.
Not like in the old days.[/QUOTe

How long ago since we brought through a good keeper of our own , Thompson Allan ?

jacomo
19-09-2017, 07:11 AM
Seems an accepted .net fact that if Rocky is fit then he plays. After today it will be a call that Lennon will have to make. Laidlaw is worth a shout against Livingston and Ross County.

Until recently I'd agree 100% with that.

But he was murder against Motherwell.

Our defence is having a shocker at the moment.

GreenArmyyy!
19-09-2017, 07:24 AM

Mentioning Ben Williams and Mark Oxley in the same sentence is ludicrous. Ben Williams in my opinion was the best keeper for us since Andersson.

GreenArmyyy!
19-09-2017, 07:28 AM
I'm a bit worried about Rockys form to be honest. Personally I've noticed this nervousness from the first game this season and don't think Saturday was a one off. I think he has hugely struggling with his kicking all season and just seems to be lacking a bit of confidence, honestly can't understand what's changed between this season and last.

On a side note I'm of the opinion that Ambrose in the tense makes the whole defence more tense and liable to make mistakes, as we found out in the Hamilton game. He was brilliant in the first half on Saturday but I still find myself on edge when the ball is near him, that must transfer to his team mates at the back...

pacoluna
19-09-2017, 07:30 AM
[QUOTE=heretoday;5172079]We haven't had great goalies the last few years.
Not like in the old days.[/QUOTe

How long ago since we brought through a good keeper of our own , Thompson Allan ?

We brought through a gk who helped win us the league cup, McNeil.

GreenArmyyy!
19-09-2017, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=ajf;5172082]

Remember the 2-0 win against St Mirren back in 2006, fire at the flats behind the south stand, quite possibly the best goalkeeping performance I've ever seen at Easter Road from McNeil that day.

oneone73
19-09-2017, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=ajf;5172082]

Didn't we sign him from Southampton?

pacoluna
19-09-2017, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=pacoluna;5172112]

Didn't we sign him from Southampton?

Yes but only played youth football at Southampton.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Whittaker is costing us goals week in week out...he was at fault at Ibrox, Dens and McDiarmid before Sat...he really needs dropped pronto

If you keep repeating something it doesn't make it true.

stantonhibby
19-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Whittaker is costing us goals week in week out...he was at fault at Ibrox, Dens and McDiarmid before Sat...he really needs dropped pronto

Ironic that your previous post to this on this thread goes on about over reactions and then you come out with this.

Diclonius
19-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Mind on Friday when Marciano was the best goalkeeper we've had in over ten years? Now he's apparently been **** for weeks and should be dropped.

Amazing how one game can revert us all back to the pre-relegation days of woe.

brog
19-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Mentioning Ben Williams and Mark Oxley in the same sentence is ludicrous. Ben Williams in my opinion was the best keeper for us since Andersson.

:greengrin

Sioux
19-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Whittaker was absolutely culpable on Saturday. He allowed Moult to get in front of him. Poor, poor defending. Rock failing to come for the ball doesn't exonerate Whittaker.

WhileTheChief..
19-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Mind on Friday when Marciano was the best goalkeeper we've had in over ten years? Now he's apparently been **** for weeks and should be dropped.

Amazing how one game can revert us all back to the pre-relegation days of woe.

I think we're going to get this all season unfortunately.

Every time we drop points it will be cries of Lennon needs to sort it and players x, y & z aren't good enough.

Depressing reading at times.

brog
19-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Whittaker was absolutely culpable on Saturday. He allowed Moult to get in front of him. Poor, poor defending. Rock failing to come for the ball doesn't exonerate Whittaker.

We don't do zonal marking therefore Moult should not have been marked by SW. I agree the whole defending of the cross was awful but a keeper cannot fail to come for a ball 3 yards out, that's indefensible.

Firestarter
19-09-2017, 10:16 AM

He would have expected an international goalkeeper to come off his line for a ball right at him. Where's our centre defence when their biggest threat is being marked by our left back?

Firestarter
19-09-2017, 10:17 AM
We don't do zonal marking therefore Moult should not have been marked by SW. I agree the whole defending of the cross was awful but a keeper cannot fail to come for a ball 3 yards out, that's indefensible.

Doh 😁

BoomtownHibees
19-09-2017, 11:16 AM
He would have expected an international goalkeeper to come off his line for a ball right at him. Where's our centre defence when their biggest threat is being marked by our left back?

Probably marking their centre halfs

Firestarter
19-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Probably marking their centre halfs

There lies an issue.

green day
19-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Every time we drop points it will be cries of Lennon needs to sort it and players x, y & z aren't good enough.

Sack the board !

Oh, no sorry my mistake that was last week :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

BoomtownHibees
19-09-2017, 11:29 AM
There lies an issue.

I think most teams mark against players of a similar height

Diclonius
19-09-2017, 11:35 AM

:agree:

It's a joke. This is our best squad since 2007 and that WILL be reflected in our position at the end of the season. A defeat and three draws doesn't change that.

Firestarter
19-09-2017, 11:37 AM
I think most teams mark against players of a similar height

I would like to think our best defender be it hanlon or Ambrose would mark their most dangerous player, who also had a free header prior to the goal. That should be worked on in training all week especially the amount of goals moult gets from his head.

ancient hibee
19-09-2017, 11:37 AM
It's pretty obvious that something has gone adrift with his kicking which last season I thought was a strong point.He's played a few people into trouble with silly passes and throws so maybe that is affecting his general game.As we know,goalies don't usually get away with their mistakes.

Borderhibbie76
19-09-2017, 11:38 AM
I'm a bit worried about Rockys form to be honest. Personally I've noticed this nervousness from the first game this season and don't think Saturday was a one off. I think he has hugely struggling with his kicking all season and just seems to be lacking a bit of confidence, honestly can't understand what's changed between this season and last.

On a side note I'm of the opinion that Ambrose in the tense makes the whole defence more tense and liable to make mistakes, as we found out in the Hamilton game. He was brilliant in the first half on Saturday but I still find myself on edge when the ball is near him, that must transfer to his team mates at the back...Can't agree he was brilliant in 1st half mate imo he was awful...never won an aerial challenge and that passback to Rocky [emoji85]

Borderhibbie76
19-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Ironic that your previous post to this on this thread goes on about over reactions and then you come out with this.Where is the overreaction?? I'm merely stating he has cost us goals...which he has?? He's not the only one at fault at the back but I'd say it's stating the obvious to say he hasn't been great so far...no overreaction merely an observation

stantonhibby
19-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Where is the overreaction?? I'm merely stating he has cost us goals...which he has?? He's not the only one at fault at the back but I'd say it's stating the obvious to say he hasn't been great so far...no overreaction merely an observation

Fair enough.....just thought that 'shipping goals week in week out' and ' needs dropped pronto ' is a bit dramatic.

whiskas
19-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Can't agree he was brilliant in 1st half mate imo he was awful...never won an aerial challenge and that passback to Rocky [emoji85]

The bouncing, head height passback that Rocky could only launch 30 yards vertically into the air? :)
Ambrose should have just put that out for a throw.
Rocky is a good keeper but he had a poor game on Saturday and generally looks too casual.
I think he's our best keeper but he also needs a kick up the arse