PDA

View Full Version : Hsl agm

CropleyWasGod
16-09-2017, 08:35 AM
I had an email a few weeks ago telling me that the HSL AGM would be on the 21st September, and that further details would follow.

Since then, there's been nothing. Has anyone else have any more info?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Jack
16-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Nope.

connerg
16-09-2017, 08:41 AM
No.

green day
16-09-2017, 08:43 AM
No, although the original email told you where / when etc -

Dear X

I am delighted to confirm the arrangements for our second Annual General Meeting. We will meet at 7pm on Thursday 21st September in the Edinburgh Suite at Easter Road Stadium. The formal business of the Meeting will be brief but we intend to allow time to discuss the way forward for HSL. Your current Directors reach the end of their tenure early in 2018 and we want to plan accordingly. We will also be proposing some changes to our Articles which of course will require the approval of our Members. I will write again shortly with some further detail on this. Finally can I once again remind all contributors that they should return a Membership Application Form once they have donated a total of £225. Please email us should you need a Form.

Kenny Macaskill
Chairman

CropleyWasGod
16-09-2017, 08:47 AM
No, although the original email told you where / when etc -

Dear X

I am delighted to confirm the arrangements for our second Annual General Meeting. We will meet at 7pm on Thursday 21st September in the Edinburgh Suite at Easter Road Stadium. The formal business of the Meeting will be brief but we intend to allow time to discuss the way forward for HSL. Your current Directors reach the end of their tenure early in 2018 and we want to plan accordingly. We will also be proposing some changes to our Articles which of course will require the approval of our Members. I will write again shortly with some further detail on this. Finally can I once again remind all contributors that they should return a Membership Application Form once they have donated a total of £225. Please email us should you need a Form.

Kenny Macaskill
ChairmanYeah, that's what i got.

I would have expected accounts and minutes etc. by now. Pretty sure there's a statutory notice period for those.

Jack
16-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Yeah, that's what i got.

I would have expected accounts and minutes etc. by now. Pretty sure there's a statutory notice period for those.

If it's a membership organisation, which I think it is rather than a Ltd co, would that still be the case?

I would have expected something too. Maybe you have to be on the list of people who have applied and received certificates before you get stuff like that???

CropleyWasGod
16-09-2017, 10:45 AM
If it's a membership organisation, which I think it is rather than a Ltd co, would that still be the case?

I would have expected something too. Maybe you have to be on the list of people who have applied and received certificates before you get stuff like that???It is a Limited Company, albeit limited by guarantee rather than by shares. In most similar companies I've been involved in, there has always been formal notice given and documents sent out.

It's not that big a deal of course; as their email says, the formal business shouldn't take long. However, none of us would appreciate somebody causing trouble for HSL just because they hadn't followed the precise letter of the law .

offshorehibby
16-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Same here, nothing since the initial email.

Leithwalk
16-09-2017, 12:26 PM
If they are proposing changes to the articles of association, the proposed changes should have been sent out to members by now so that we could see if we were happy with them/wanted to amend them, etc. Having them handed out at the meeting isn't a good basis for decision (and, yes, I have my certificate and everything and have heard nothing since the original email)

davy malcolm
16-09-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm a full paid member got a certificate to put on the wall and I continued to pay monthly subscriptions but after that statement I stopped paying as I'm sickened by that statement what's wrong with having a independent enquiry to what went on with the sfa in regards to the demise of rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offshorehibby
16-09-2017, 01:19 PM
I'm sure i read something recently about from Leeann Dempster about a major revamp of HSL can't mind hearing anything else since.

I'm a full paid member got a certificate to put on the wall and I continued to pay monthly subscriptions but after that statement I stopped paying as I'm sickened by that statement what's wrong with having a independent enquiry to what went on with the sfa in regards to the demise of rangers

So that penalises the the team and not the board who you're sickened with.

lyonhibs
16-09-2017, 01:22 PM

Extremely confused logic you're applying there.

davy malcolm
16-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Not confused at all I've been a season ticket holder for years and in all my time of following hibs I won't agree with what the board has said in that statement so my protest is HSL won't get a penny of me I wasn't a Petrie out man but I am now he's up to his kneck in it

HH81
16-09-2017, 02:00 PM
I have been paying it for ages. Don't know how long.

Happy to continue as I paid the Hibernians scheme for years. Making a difference is all that counts.

Gerard
16-09-2017, 02:06 PM
I have been paying it for ages. Don't know how long.

Happy to continue as I paid the Hibernians scheme for years. Making a difference is all that counts.

Paid up my share some time ago and continued with payment ever month
It is helping our team get better players

lyonhibs
16-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Not confused at all I've been a season ticket holder for years and in all my time of following hibs I won't agree with what the board has said in that statement so my protest is HSL won't get a penny of me I wasn't a Petrie out man but I am now he's up to his kneck in it

So your chosen form of protest against the board ultimately reduces the money that HSL can give to support the team.

Like I said, confused logic.

marinello59
16-09-2017, 02:14 PM
So your chosen form of protest against the board ultimately reduces the money that HSL can give to support the team.

Like I said, confused logic.

And as fans demanding justice and transparency concentrate all their fire on our own club the guilty parties at the SFA breathe a sigh of relief that they are not the direct targets. It's madness.

davy malcolm
16-09-2017, 03:11 PM
I will continue to buy my season ticket and buy mechardise it's just I'm pissed off with that statement it's condoning cheating

Is It On....
16-09-2017, 04:22 PM
It is a Limited Company, albeit limited by guarantee rather than by shares. In most similar companies I've been involved in, there has always been formal notice given and documents sent out.

It's not that big a deal of course; as their email says, the formal business shouldn't take long. However, none of us would appreciate somebody causing trouble for HSL just because they hadn't followed the precise letter of the law .

Do you know if will able to buy shares directly later in the season?

CropleyWasGod
16-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Do you know if will able to buy shares directly later in the season?No idea, sorry.

hhibs
16-09-2017, 04:55 PM
I had an email a few weeks ago telling me that the HSL AGM would be on the 21st September, and that further details would follow.

Since then, there's been nothing. Has anyone else have any more info?

Nope,did not even receive the above email. :confused:

Mikey
16-09-2017, 05:27 PM

You've got that the wrong way round. The people behind HSL would jump at the chance to remove Rod.

1875STEVE
16-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Been paying into since it started, well past getting a certificate ,still paying, helps the club.:thumbsup:

snedzuk
16-09-2017, 10:54 PM

Me neither

Jack
16-09-2017, 11:17 PM
You've got that the wrong way round. The people behind HSL would jump at the chance to remove Rod.

One of them voted in the infamous unanimous vote.

BoomtownHibees
17-09-2017, 01:43 AM

I got one and I don't contribute

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2017, 02:18 AM

i'm now doubling my monthly payments

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2017, 02:21 AM
i'm now doubling my monthly payments

Mmm on second thought maybe a reduction instead

Mikey
17-09-2017, 09:23 AM

I said the people behind it. Leeann and Stephen are not behind it, they're on the HSL board as STF's eyes and ears.

If I could be bothered I would double check this, but I think that at least 1 (could be 2) of the HSL board can be voted off after 2 years.

Iggy Pope
17-09-2017, 10:03 AM

Those people being the Trustees? The people behind HSL are the contributors surely. I'm not contributing every month in the hope that it is going to remove Petrie.
Did the Trustees tell you personally about this inclination or is it some unwritten policy that they have yet to share with the masses?
I'm missing the AGM as I'm on holiday but I'm keen to learn of developments as from Day 1 I have heard basically nothing, something already covered on these boards.
I gather one of the Trustees might also be missing this AGM due to a cycling trip! He'll do well to get back in time.

zitelli62
17-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Been paying for more than 2 years still no certificate.

Mikey
17-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Been paying for more than 2 years still no certificate.

You have to request it.

FranckSuzy
19-09-2017, 06:40 PM
I received this email earlier:

"Dear Susan

Further to my earlier communication I am delighted to confirm the final arrangements for our AGM on Thursday 21st September at Easter Road Stadium.

The Meeting will take place at 7pm in the Edinburgh Suite which can be entered from the old Main Reception in the West Stand. As previously advised we do not have any formal business other than the Accounts, which are attached HERE (http://hiberniansupporters.us10.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6dd0f65fc0d014db190f17685&id=46ccda1053&e=656edb4030) for your information. We do however intend to take a lead from our Members in a couple of matters surrounding the voting rules for the upcoming elections for your Directors. Our Agenda is as follows :

Chairman’s welcome and opening remarks including the formal opening of the Meeting.
Presentation of Accounts to Members by Jim Adie.
Approve continued appointment of Accountants and formal close of the AGM by JA.

The open discussion to follow will be seeking clarity on approving some rules surrounding the election of future Directors of HSL and the election of an HSL Director to the Board of Hibernian Football Club Ltd. In particular –

The nomination process.
The election process
The way ahead for HSL

Of course, as with any other Meeting, your Directors will be available to take any questions raised by Members in relation to HSL matters. I would anticipate our Meeting being finished by 8pm.

Kenny MacAskill

Chairman"

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Plenty notice for everyone then? The "way forward" has got to include how to communicate?

green day
19-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Plenty notice for everyone then? The "way forward" has got to include how to communicate?

We got an email a while back telling you where and when. This is just the agenda etc

Iggy Pope
21-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Anyone attending this meeting tonight that is inclined to post a summary would be appreciated.
I can't attend much as I'd like to.

Amit
21-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Attended the HSL AGM this evening. Some exciting and ambitious developments to come. I've listed below what I noted down:

Investment in website to improve look/feel and functionality to existing and prospective members.

Club & HSL to improve joint marketing. Acknowledged that there hasn't been much but this is in part due to limited opportunities to fit in all along with Club's comms/marketing agenda.

HSL looking at the process of board elections which are due soon. They are open to suggestions from their membership on how to approach this.

Also looking at ways to engage/become more visible to "offline" Hibs supporters (ie those that don't use social media, internet, email etc)

A couple of points to note:

The HSL board have worked hard to keep costs down so that 99% of every donation goes towards buying shares.

Finally... (and I hope I don't steal HSL's thunder) but a very generous and heartfelt gesture was made by one of their directors...

Iggy Pope
22-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Attended the HSL AGM this evening. Some exciting and ambitious developments to come. I've listed below what I noted down:

Investment in website to improve look/feel and functionality to existing and prospective members.

Club & HSL to improve joint marketing. Acknowledged that there hasn't been much but this is in part due to limited opportunities to fit in all along with Club's comms/marketing agenda.

HSL looking at the process of board elections which are due soon. They are open to suggestions from their membership on how to approach this.

Also looking at ways to engage/become more visible to "offline" Hibs supporters (ie those that don't use social media, internet, email etc)

A couple of points to note:

The HSL board have worked hard to keep costs down so that 99% of every donation goes towards buying shares.

Finally... (and I hope I don't steal HSL's thunder) but a very generous and heartfelt gesture was made by one of their directors...

Thanks Amit, much appreciated and thank you also for sharing it with the wider hibs.net users.

Particularly interested in the joint marketing referred to if it stops those concerned pulling in different directions.
Also engaging the wider support - communication isn't something they've been terribly good at to date, regardless of cost. For example, those still suffering from the removal of the loyalty points ticketing system (with the over the top HSL bonus points handout being cited as a large reason behind its dismantling) might be keen on this development.

Did they offer a date for the forthcoming elections?

Amit
22-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Thanks Amit, much appreciated and thank you also for sharing it with the wider hibs.net users.

Particularly interested in the joint marketing referred to if it stops those concerned pulling in different directions.
Also engaging the wider support - communication isn't something they've been terribly good at to date, regardless of cost. For example, those still suffering from the removal of the loyalty points ticketing system (with the over the top HSL bonus points handout being cited as a large reason behind its dismantling) might be keen on this development.

Did they offer a date for the forthcoming elections?

There was no date mentioned but if I remember correctly the current HSL board members had a fixed tenure of 3 years which would be up sometime next year... I think!

Eyrie
22-09-2017, 06:08 PM
I couldn't make it so emailed my apologies and got a brief update after the AGM to let me know what had happened which was appreciated.