PDA

View Full Version : Fonts out for 3 months

BegbieHSC
15-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Looks like we are one defensive injury away from a crisis.

Fontaine is out for 3 months apparently. THat along with Daz is a bit of a problem.

Hopefully the young lad, Porteous can step up if required.

Firestarter
15-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Hibs have been dealt an injury blow after boss Neil Lennon (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/neil-lennon) revealed that Liam Fontaine will be out of action for up to three months.
The 31-year-old defender picked up the ankle injury playing in a recent under-20s game and has undergone surgery.
To add to the Easter Road side's defensive woes, Fontaine's fellow centre-back Darren McGregor could be out for up to six weeks after he had an operation on his knee injury.

Ahead of the home Ladbrokes Premiership game against Motherwell (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/motherwell-fc) on Saturday, the Hibs (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/hibernian-fc) boss said: "We had a real blow with Liam Fontaine, he had a scan on his ankle and it is a lot worse than we thought.
"It was pretty innocuous in the game he played in but the scan showed the ligament has come away from the bone so he needs surgery.
"It is pretty similar to the injury he had last year so he is going to be out for 10 to 12 weeks.

"So that is a real blow with Liam but the rest of the squad is healthy. We have good depth in the squad. If Ryan Porteous is called upon he will be ready, I have no qualms about him.
"Efe Ambrose and Paul Hanlon were excellent last week so I'm hoping for more of the same."

Borderhibbie76
15-09-2017, 02:28 PM
What is it With our Centre Backs?? Every season we seem to have this issue...all injured at once...seriously hope that Hanlon and Efe can stay fit...just as well Porteous wasn't sent out in loan after all

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

green day
15-09-2017, 02:30 PM
One of those things, at least we have quality cover in Porteous.

Daz will be back before we know it too.

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Not just a blow for us but for Fonts as well, with Daz out he must have been hoping for a few first team games in the next few weeks or so. If what I've seen from young Porteous is anything to go by he is definitely a ready replacement if it comes to it, but we do have to remember his lack of experience compared to the rest so he will make mistakes if he does have to play.

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-09-2017, 04:09 PM
That's a real shame for Fonts. This is why we stocked up on defenders in the summer so I'm confident we can survive him being out. The biggest loss is mcgregor. He is our best defender imo. Hopefully back for the derby next month.

Efe and Hanlon ain't a bad partnership though so it's not like we're struggling. Even if Porteous is called upon he's done nothing to suggest he wouldn't flourish in this league.

Brightside
15-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Looks like we are one defensive injury away from a crisis.

Fontaine is out for 3 months apparently. THat along with Daz is a bit of a problem.

Hopefully the young lad, Porteous can step up if required.

TBF he wasnt likely to get a game any time soon. Ryan will do fine if required.

hibsbollah
15-09-2017, 04:44 PM
That's a shame. An underrated player.

Deek9
15-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Not just a blow for us but for Fonts as well, with Daz out he must have been hoping for a few first team games in the next few weeks or so. If what I've seen from young Porteous is anything to go by he is definitely a ready replacement if it comes to it, but we do have to remember his lack of experience compared to the rest so he will make mistakes if he does have to play.
Agree really bad timing for Fonts with Daz out providing more opportunities for game time. However, as well as Porteous, I guess Whittaker could also be called on for centre half if we get any more injuries or suspensions (hopefully not though).