...to 1986 Season.

Lest we forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1DL2of4Kic

Kato
14-09-2017, 08:19 PM
...to 1986 Season.

Lest we forget.

Their existence is an abject flumpathon unwholesomely interjected with episodes of full scale financial dubiety.

Levien writing notes in the stand that day.

Don't know what they mean by St Liedown, Celtic had a decent team for that era and all the goals shown were well worked. St Mirren were just pish/on holiday - unlike Albert Kidd.

Wish they had footage of Easter Road- the whole crowd poorless in tears, just like the jambos but for the opposing reason.

14-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Their existence is an abject flumpathon unwholesomely interjected with episodes of full scale financial dubiety.

Don't know what they mean by St Liedown, Celtic had a decent team for that era and all the goals shown were well worked. St Mirren were just pish/on holiday - unlike Albert Kidd.

Wish they had footage of Easter Road- the whole crowd poorless in tears, just like the jambos but for the opposing reason.

Was there no footage from ER?

14-09-2017, 08:42 PM
The original "...s'd it".

Kato
14-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Was there no footage from ER?

Not that I can remember.

Hi Heid Yin
14-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Unquestionably the biggest bottle job in Scottish football history - surpassing Hearts previous last day league championship bottle job against Kilmarnock in 1965.
To think that the Jambos still try to deflect from the pain of these final hurdle capitulations by coming up with and referring to "Hibsed-It"
It's good to see that the Jambos are continuing their last 10 minutes collapses (jambottling-it) in The Scottish cup against our boys.

Deansy
14-09-2017, 10:02 PM
...to 1986 Season.

Lest we forget.

I'd pay good money for a copy of our game V Dundee Utd that day - Tortolano's driving into their box, leg pulled back ready to hammer the ball into the D'dee Utd net and - BANG - STOPS - Easter Road's just erupted, the players all looked stunned - apart from (Sturrock ??) who'd the presence of mind to nick the ball off Joe's foot, whip the ball upfield for them to score - and not one solitary Hibee's giving a XXXX !! 1-0 to Dundee - what a day, what a game !!

Eyrie
14-09-2017, 10:37 PM
The original "...s'd it".

They jambottled it.

Joe6-2
15-09-2017, 06:11 AM

This nonsense about St Mirren lying down is so funny, it was totally in their hands, celic could have scored 25 goals and it wouldn't have mattered a jot, if they just hadn't bottled it!!

Kaiser1962
15-09-2017, 07:06 AM
This nonsense about St Mirren lying down is so funny, it was totally in their hands, celic could have scored 25 goals and it wouldn't have mattered a jot, if they just hadn't bottled it!!

For the youngsters looking in it should be noted that the legend that is Albert Kidd came on as a 61st minute substitute for Tosh McKinlay and scored his goals in the 83rd and 87th minute. Hearts had not lost in the previous 27 league games and only needed a draw to win the title.

They then lost the Scottish Cup Final the following Saturday to Aberdeen leading to the song "We're forever blowing doubles"

Iain G
15-09-2017, 07:17 AM

They are just Kidding themselves I guess? :greengrin :devil::jamboclow

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Isn't is about time that we got past all this petty rivalry twaddle and genuinely commiserated with our neighbours that an Edinburgh club lost out to a set of the bigot brothers in yet another nefarious west coast stitch up?

It must have hurt them so much to see a prize they'd gamely battled for all season cruelly snatched from their grasp at the death. You only had to see the utter devastation on the faces and in the broken body language of the shell shocked Hearts fans and witness the continued PTSD of rambling jakey Vietnam combat vet delusional proportions spouted regularly on Kickback to ascertain the extent of this emotional holocaust in west Edinburgh.

So is it time, from the moral high ground, to put our rivalry aside and let go of this petty teasing and gloating?

Is it ****. The images of Dens Park in May 86 will provide me with unbridled joy for all time.

southern hibby
15-09-2017, 08:04 AM
Was at the Celtic v Hibs game at Darkheid just before last game of the season and Celtic beat us 2-0. To this day I honestly believe we were robbed as both Celtic goals were offside.

This would have our big team neighbours winning the league instead of Celtic.
Ha ha ha ha ya bunch of inbred sister loving 6 fingered welts, get it right up ya.

GGTTH

Keith_M
15-09-2017, 08:16 AM
I can proudly say that I was one of the 3,513 hardy souls at Easter Road that day.

The noise we made when we heard the goals from Dens was worthy of a crowd ten times that size.

p.s. We won 2-1 *

* EDIT: Actually, only according to Wilipedia, as it looks like we lost. Just goes to show how much our own result mattered in the grand scheme of things ;-)

Danderhall Hibs
15-09-2017, 08:20 AM
I can proudly say that I was one of the 3,513 hardy souls at Easter Road that day.

The noise we made when we heard the goals from Dens was worthy of a crowd ten times that size.

p.s. We won 2-1

:greengrin

I thought we got beat 2-1?

Keith_M
15-09-2017, 08:23 AM

Probably, the old memory plays tricks on me sometime, but it's recorded online as a 2-1 win

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985%E2%80%9386_Hibernian_F.C._season

IWasThere2016
15-09-2017, 08:52 AM
:faf:

MADE SOME SERIOUS DOUGH THAT DAY :cb

CraigHibee
15-09-2017, 10:24 AM
if you are ever having a bad day, just watch this and all doom and gloom is suddenly lifted :greengrin

Suburban Hibby
15-09-2017, 10:35 AM

Def got beat 2-1. Wonderful pre internet days of fans with pocket radios- remember the old North Stand erupting, it was like a wave of elation right round the ground- Callum Milne up on the fence at the end of the game delighted!!

Langlee Hibs
15-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Def got beat 2-1. Wonderful pre internet days of fans with pocket radios- remember the old North Stand erupting, it was like a wave of elation right round the ground- Callum Milne up on the fence at the end of the game delighted!!

Mark Fulton OG? Or did he miss a sitter? I couldn't quite see. I had tears of joy in ma eyes!

Northernhibee
15-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Don't let them forget either - throwing away a two goal lead with ten to go in our incredible Scottish Cup year will haunt them for decades as well. Their entire repertoire - "special relationship", "big team big cup", "since 1902", "it could have been ten" - down the pan with one almighty jambottling.

Could have been ten? Should have been one hundred and fifteen :na na:

Iain G
15-09-2017, 01:40 PM
We need a new song to remind Levein that he was chief bottler that day 😁

Hibernia&Alba
15-09-2017, 01:40 PM
It never gets old :greengrin

I've told this story before: old Jambo I know who was at Dens that day. On the bus on the way up it was a carnival; unprecedented anticipation. On the same bus a couple of hours later, coming back down, not a single word was spoken by anybody throughout the journey.
:giruy2::faf:

Northernhibee
15-09-2017, 02:02 PM
We need a new song to remind Levein that he was chief bottler that day ��

In May '86
And twenty sixteen
The Jambo's chief bottler
Was called Craig Levein

Edited to add suggested changes

IFONLY
15-09-2017, 02:35 PM
That day is a very close second to 21st May 2016

Haymaker
15-09-2017, 02:53 PM
In nineteen eighty-six
And twenty sixteen
Is called Craig Levein

Defo potential there :agree:

Firestarter
15-09-2017, 02:59 PM
In nineteen eighty-six
And twenty sixteen
Is called Craig Levein

The Hearts biggest bottler
Was called Craig Levein imo

But good work.

Haymaker
15-09-2017, 03:03 PM
The Hearts biggest bottler
Was called Craig Levein imo

But good work.

Sounds better! :agree:

EDIT: Would "In May 86..." Not work better as an opening line?

Firestarter
15-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Sounds better! :agree:

EDIT: Would "In May 86..." Not work better as an opening line?

Yeah it would - we've virtually changed the whole song 👍

haagsehibby
15-09-2017, 03:14 PM
I believe in the four games we had against them that season they won three and there was one draw. I like to think that it was our draw which deprived them 😀

Haymaker
15-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Yeah it would - we've virtually changed the whole song 👍

Group effort!

"I'm May 86,
And twenty sixteen
The hearts biggest bottler
Was called Craig Levein"

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-09-2017, 05:55 PM
...to 1986 Season.

Lest we forget.

:not worth

:hilarious

scm70nyd1973
15-09-2017, 07:02 PM

p.s. We won 2-1

:greengrin

Me too. I was living in Furryboots town at the time but had a ST and as always went to the last game of the season.

My train drew up alongside a carriage full of the "faymooose" muppets at Haymarket - cue animated dogs abuse. I remember thinking to myself "what if" but then realising it was a forlorn hope - little did I know !

I just wished I could have seen those eejits again after the game or even now if Cilla Black's "Surprise Surprise" programme could be resurrected.

Re the Arabs scoring bit in an earlier post - my recollection is that it was partly celebrated as we would have celebrated a kettle coming to the boil after the first goal went in at Dens. Was it not Stuart Beedie who scored and then he opened the scoring at ER on the first game of the following season (for us) - might be a good trivia question. It was a bit unusual to have back to back games when we went mental at something that wasn't our goal i.e. Sir Albert and Souness getting a red.

The only good good thing about the low crowd at the Arabs game was you could dance around like you were at a Ceilidh when the goals at Dens went in - it was totally the opposite at the Huns game. After the first v the Huns the guy next to me - who I didn't know but was hugging - had blood all over his face. He had fallen down at the first goal celebration and had been able to get back up but he explained that it had been me who had been jumping all over his face -he laughed about it and couldn't give a flying whstsit about it - happy days.

Scott Allan Key
16-09-2017, 08:14 AM
We need a new song to remind Levein that he was chief bottler that day 😁

'S***ting in your bog in Gorgie, watching the title fall away,
S***ting in your bog in Gorgie, sh**eing yourself'

Then we all whistle.

Sergey
16-09-2017, 11:18 AM
I've also found some radio commentary. This is simply fantastic even though I know the ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTEgsQz-Muw