PDA

View Full Version : Hibs club on Saturday

lugz
14-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Is it members only on Saturday? If so is it possible for me to get in with a members pass if the member isn't using theirs?

calumhibee1
14-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Is it members only on Saturday? If so is it possible for me to get in with a members pass if the member isn't using theirs?

I would think it will be members only but I'm not sure. You'll definitely be fine with someone elses members card though.

TheHibsClub
14-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Yes, we'll be members only before the game on Saturday. Membership cards are non-transferable, we'll be discussing with the branches how we can ensure this doesn't happen.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2017, 01:04 AM
Yes, we'll be members only before the game on Saturday. Membership cards are non-transferable, we'll be discussing with the branches how we can ensure this doesn't happen.

Surely someone coming in and contributing to the club by purchasing food and drink is better than someone not coming in at all? I'm assuming that no Hibs club staff member has ever used someone else's season ticket then as they are "non transferable" too!!

lugz
15-09-2017, 07:22 AM
That's fair enough as HC said I thought the club would rather have my business when my uncles who are working can't use their memberships.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2017, 07:30 AM
That's fair enough as HC said I thought the club would rather have my business when my uncles who are working can't use their memberships.

If they are going to enforce their rules then they should start by enforcing the no kids in the games room rule and no going to another bar and buying drinks to carry to another bar, I like the Hibs club and generally have no issue with the place but the rules only seem to apply to certain people.

RoxburghHibs
15-09-2017, 07:42 AM
If they are going to enforce their rules then they should start by enforcing the no kids in the games room rule and no going to another bar and buying drinks to carry to another bar, I like the Hibs club and generally have no issue with the place but the rules only seem to apply to certain people.

I have to admit I stopped going many years ago. I went once with a group of mates when Hibs were playing live on Sky TV. We purchased pints at the bar and as no seats we had to stand. We were told to move as blocking the TV so the only place to stand was near the bar - which we were told again "to move" as not allowed to stand there. We then went to leave, to go to the bar next door, as we had no choice - only to get told we couldn't take our pints out the bar.

We had to leave our pints and go so not a nice friendly feel to the place. That said maybe things have changed now.

Forza Fred
15-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Surely someone coming in and contributing to the club by purchasing food and drink is better than someone not coming in at all? I'm assuming that no Hibs club staff member has ever used someone else's season ticket then as they are "non transferable" too!!

That would mean that there was no control over whom gained entry.

In NSW in Oz at any rate identification is very much sought, with most clubs these days having photo ID membership cards, and in the cases of visitors, requesting ID by way of your drivers licence which also has ID.

If you are signed in by a member, that member is responsible for your behaviour and if you go raj, the member is generally hauled up by the committee.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2017, 07:59 AM
That would mean that there was no control over whom gained entry.

In NSW in Oz at any rate identification is very much sought, with most clubs these days having photo ID membership cards, and in the cases of visitors, requesting ID by way of your drivers licence which also has ID.

If you are signed in by a member, that member is responsible for your behaviour and if you go raj, the member is generally hauled up by the committee.

But after matches you just walk in, door open, its a free for all.

Baldy Foghorn
15-09-2017, 08:04 AM

It's members only on every matchday now lugz

Forza Fred
15-09-2017, 08:14 AM
But after matches you just walk in, door open, its a free for all.

Don't think the committee could publicly condone one individual using someone else's membership card to gain entry for fear of getting a visit from the licensing polis ......

Not sure of the current licensing
laws in Ecosse, but think there would be similarities to what I operate under out here.

FWIW I was a regular at the Hibs Club until I emigrated in 1974....in fact I had to appeal to get my suspension from the club lifted to enable me to say goodbye to lots of friends before I flew out.

I was suspended for 3 months for the heneious crime of 'refusing to drink up when requested by a member of the council' !

The guy who faced the disciplinary committee the month before only got banned for six weeks for putting the head on a council member, so obviously I didn't argue my case too well!

This may sound paradoxical, given my earlier comments, but I've suggested a few times to various serving 'officials' that they would benefit from visiting a few small clubs in NSW and seeing how they are managed, and taking some ideas back for implementation.

I do agree though that sometimes The feeling has been that there is more an effort put into keeping people out, than getting them in.

At the end of the day, the more people who legitimately go through the place the better financially

FranckSuzy
15-09-2017, 10:40 AM

I'm sure if anyone posted on here that they were going to buy drinks at one bar and take them through to another area they would be advised that it was against the rules, likewise with children in the games room :wink: :deal:

Mind you. if there were more green jaikets then it would be easier to monitor :agree: Maybe you should stand for election, Choo Choo.....? :devil:

Hermit Crab
15-09-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm sure if anyone posted on here that they were going to buy drinks at one bar and take them through to another area they would be advised that it was against the rules, likewise with children in the games room :wink: :deal:

Mind you. if there were more green jaikets then it would be easier to monitor :agree: Maybe you should stand for election, Choo Choo.....? :devil:

I can imagine that job being like when I was a union rep, thankless.

calumhibee1
16-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Does the club let members in all day, or does it even start knocking members back at some point?

Hermit Crab
16-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Does the club let members in all day, or does it even start knocking members back at some point?

Don't see how they can knock back a fully paid up member from coming in.