PDA

View Full Version : Starting 11 for Saturday

Ian Cathro
14-09-2017, 02:47 PM
What would your formation and starting 11 be against Motherwell?

JimBHibees
14-09-2017, 02:50 PM
What would your formation and starting 11 be against Motherwell?

Same as last week.

Ian Cathro
14-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Same as last week.

Was thinking that as well but would like to see Slivka start.

JimBHibees
14-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Was thinking that as well but would like to see Slivka start.

Possible he will though we will need to be competitive in midfield as Motherwell have 2 or 3 very combative players in there. They played 352 on Saturday

Souter96Mac
14-09-2017, 03:30 PM
I'd go a 433.
Rocky
Gray efe Hanlon whitty
Slivka mcgeouch mcginn
Boyle Murray stokesy

Northernhibee
14-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Marciano

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Lewis

Slivka
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Davey
Stokes

danhibees1875
14-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Marciano

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Lewis

Slivka
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Davey
Stokes

I like this; but I'd continue with Murray upfront for someone to keep up Boyle. Gave Davey more time this weekend though - maybe as much as 45 seconds. :greengrin

Would be equally happy with McGeogh in the middle (although I don't know who I'd take out) and Whittaker in the middle (again, don't know who for) or at either FB position.

Michael
14-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Rocky

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcgeouch
McGinn

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

Souter96Mac
14-09-2017, 05:14 PM
I like this; but I'd continue with Murray upfront for someone to keep up Boyle. Gave Davey more time this weekend though - maybe as much as 45 seconds. :greengrin

Would be equally happy with McGeogh in the middle (although I don't know who I'd take out) and Whittaker in the middle (again, don't know who for) or at either FB position.

Can see big Dave getting some time, and potentially starting against Livi

Northernhibee
14-09-2017, 05:25 PM

TBH I just don't rate Murray. I'd love to be proved wrong and I'll give him my full support during games (anyone who gives players stick on the field/social media/personal abuse can do one) but I just don't think he's top flight level. I think he's been poor the last two games and at this level you can't afford to do that. Big Davey should get his chance to show what he can do from the get go.

Firestarter
14-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Rocky

Whittaker
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Boyle
Mcgeough
Swanson
McGinn

Murray
Stokes

Billy Whizz
14-09-2017, 05:48 PM
I think McGeough and Slivka will start, possibly Barker and Bartley to the bench
Motherwell play 352,

Hibee Mac
14-09-2017, 05:58 PM
IMO Barker should not be starting ahead of Swanson or slivka, won't be happy if a young loanee comes up here does very little and walks into our side as a starter every week.

Firestarter
14-09-2017, 06:04 PM
IMO Barker should not be starting ahead of Swanson or slivka, won't be happy if a young loanee comes up here does very little and walks into our side as a starter every week.

Swanson needs a chance in the middle of the park like he was played at St Johnstone. We haven't got a midfielder who is making the passes and shots so far and Dylan would compliment him imo.

jacomo
14-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Marciano

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Lewis

Slivka
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Davey
Stokes

:agree:

Although I'd consider Swanson ahead of Stokesy.

IAmLee
14-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Swanson needs a chance in the middle of the park like he was played at St Johnstone. We haven't got a midfielder who is making the passes and shots so far and Dylan would compliment him imo.

I thought he played on the left at St Johnstone? I'm sure he's said that's his best position & St J gave him the freedom to play out there without having to do a lot of tracking back.

Heisenberg
14-09-2017, 07:38 PM
I thought he played on the left at St Johnstone? I'm sure he's said that's his best position & St J gave him the freedom to play out there without having to do a lot of tracking back.

He played on the left wing for Saints and his role was exactly as described. Can't say I'd give him a start ahead of Barker on current form.

fife hfc
15-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Would be the same team as last week as I feel we played well. If a change was to be made Barker to drop out and Swanson in.

JimboHibs
15-09-2017, 12:52 PM
McGeoch surely has to start,he's our best passer ....

Centre Hawf
15-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Rocky

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson (Why was he dropped? Whittaker's final ball is better at times but he's also been beaten far too easily and I'd rather have a defender that can defend first)

Bartley
Slivka
McGinn

Boyle
Stokes/Davey/Murray (I genuinely have no idea cause I've yet to be REALLY impressed by any of them)
Swanson (He needs a shot at showing something)

JimboHibs
15-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Would be the same team as last week as I feel we played well. If a change was to be made Barker to drop out and Swanson in.

I would also drop Bartley for Dylan

J-C
15-09-2017, 12:53 PM
As much as Bartley does the enforcer job for us, we need creativity and at home we need to be on the front foot from the word go, this would mean bringing Slivka in for Bartley. I feel Murray needs a couple of games on the bench, started like a house on fire but has went off the boil a bit, I still feel Swanson is trying too hard so maybe use him as an impact sub against tired legs.

Rocky

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Whittaker/Stevenson ( maybe time to bring him back in again )

Slivka
Dylan
McGinn

Boyle
Stokes/Davy
Barkley/Stokes

J-C
15-09-2017, 12:57 PM

Surely then it's up to Swanson and Slivka to make sure that doesn't happen by being standouts in training and on the pitch.

MyJo
15-09-2017, 01:05 PM
__________________Marciano

Gray_______Ambrose_______Hanlon_______Stevenson

__________________Bartley
_________Slivka____________McGinn
Boyle_______________________________Swanson
__________________Stokes

Nicho87
15-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Marciano
Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Whittaker

Dylan Bartley McGinn

Boyle stokes swanson

Ronniekirk
15-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Certain players have paid the price for the Hamilton defeat and we have had good performances but not got what we deserved Think Lennon will give those who have started and been subs in last few games the opportunity to show theycan win at home tomorrow unless. Tactically he has someting up his sleeve for Motherwell
Swanson has not had a run of games to play himself into form and that is hampering him but he may have to settle for a place on the bench again tomorrow
Dylan appears out the picture just now when by all accounts he is fit Would loke to see him getting more game time But its a testement to depth of squad we have these selection dilema s

Mr_F
15-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Whittaker

Slivka McGeough McGinn

Swanson

Murray Stokes

Ritchie
15-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Marciano

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Lewis

Slivka
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Davey
Stokes

yes please.

we are hibs
15-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
Slivka
McGeouch

Boyle
Stokes
Swanson

heretoday
15-09-2017, 01:30 PM
This will be a tough battle. Bartley should start in my view.

fife hfc
15-09-2017, 01:36 PM

Bartley is vital to the team imho as the Hamilton game showed. He will have off games but more often enough he allows others to play.

Northernhibee
15-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Bartley is vital to the team imho as the Hamilton game showed. He will have off games but more often enough he allows others to play.

True. We talk about how much Boyle has improved but so has Marv.

HibeeDaz6270
15-09-2017, 02:12 PM

The whole team were poor against Hamilton. As showed against Rangers we are more than capable without him in the team also. Bartley is useful in many games, He is still not a first pick for me. Slivka in for Barker and McGeouch in for Bartley for me.
I would also like to see Stevenson back to left back.

Marciano
Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Slivka Mcginn McGeouch
Stokes Murray

fife hfc
15-09-2017, 02:35 PM

Diclonius
15-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Marciano

Boyle McGinn Bartley Slivka

Stokes Murray

Big Dave to come on for Murray early 2nd half if he isn't cutting it.

R'Albin
15-09-2017, 05:04 PM

That's very harsh. He wasn't great last week but, IMO, he was our best player against Dundee.

Hibeewilly
15-09-2017, 05:42 PM
McGeoch surely has to start,he's our best passer ....
Absolutely and he was badly missed last week when we struggled to keep the ball the first 20. I'm just not sure NL thinks the same JH

Hibee Mac
15-09-2017, 06:10 PM
That's very harsh. He wasn't great last week but, IMO, he was our best player against Dundee.

To be fair I'd disagree, he was decent against dundee but nothing outstanding.

I've got nothing against the guy just we all know what Swanson can do with a run of games (look at last season), Slivka has also proven himself a good player so far this season yet neither of them can get a look in since Barker came here on loan and so far, again imo, he has not merited the minutes he's been getting.

southern hibby
15-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Would love to see Murray, Boyle come on with the last half hour to go. Really believe the two of them could ( and should for speed) rip a new one into a tired defence. Will it happen tomorrow probably not?

We should have a midfield that can take care of Murderwell, however in true Hibs fashion this will depend on formation and whether we let them boss us or we boss them.

Score the first goal tomorrow and I think our confidence will soar. We could even win 3-0 or 4-0.

GGTTH

eastcoasthibby
15-09-2017, 07:23 PM
I think McGeough and Slivka will start, possibly Barker and Bartley to the bench
Motherwell play 352,

Its our home game,let them worry about our formation and how to counter it ....I dont think we have.found the right balance in the team yet, so as everyone is saying perhaps a couple of changes to try and get it right ..also to cope with players form !! NL could choose from about 6 different formations tomorrow can't wait.to see what it is and hope it doesn't take 15-20 minutes to gets going !!!

B.H.F.C
15-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Would love to see Murray, Boyle come on with the last half hour to go. Really believe the two of them could ( and should for speed) rip a new one into a tired defence. Will it happen tomorrow probably not?

We should have a midfield that can take care of Murderwell, however in true Hibs fashion this will depend on formation and whether we let them boss us or we boss them.

Score the first goal tomorrow and I think our confidence will soar. We could even win 3-0 or 4-0.

GGTTH

Would be mental not to start Boyle. Easily our most dangerous player last week. And was playing well before his injury.

.Sean.
15-09-2017, 09:54 PM
I can't believe so many people don't have McGeough in their starting lineup.

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Whittaker

Slivka McGeough McGinn

Swanson

Murray Stokes

Yep, this is the team for me

Smartie
15-09-2017, 09:59 PM
The whole team were poor against Hamilton. As showed against Rangers we are more than capable without him in the team also. Bartley is useful in many games, He is still not a first pick for me. Slivka in for Barker and McGeouch in for Bartley for me.
I would also like to see Stevenson back to left back.

Marciano
Boyle Slivka Mcginn McGeouch
Stokes Murray

This is exactly what I'd play.

Only with a tweak - I'd have Boyle right and Stokes left of Murray in a front three.

hfc rd
15-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Whittaker

Slivka
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
S. Murray
Stokes

subs:
Laidlaw
Porteous
Stevenson
McGeouch
Swanson
Barker
Matulevicius

Craigmount Hibs
15-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Whittaker

Slivka
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
S. Murray
Stokes

subs:
Laidlaw
Porteous
Stevenson
McGeouch
F. Murray
Barker
Matulevicius

Why Swanson not involved?

hfc rd
15-09-2017, 11:09 PM
Why Swanson not involved?

Jeez! I totally forgot about him!

EDIT: Added in now ahead of F. Murray

southern hibby
16-09-2017, 12:51 AM
Would be mental not to start Boyle. Easily our most dangerous player last week. And was playing well before his injury.

Your probably correct, but still think Boyle and Murray running at a defence in last half hour of a game with fresh legs would cause mayhem.

GGTTH

CmoantheHibs
16-09-2017, 01:38 AM
This is exactly what I'd play.

Only with a tweak - I'd have Boyle right and Stokes left of Murray in a front three.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. 433 when we have the ball and 451 when we don't.

Hibby Kay-Yay
16-09-2017, 11:46 AM
GK - Rocky
RB - Whits
CB - Efe
CB - Hanlon
LB - Lewis

RW - Boyle
CM - Bartley
CM - McGinn
LW - Barker

ST - Murray