PDA

View Full Version : November 11th - Why no game??

mim
14-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Does anyone have an answer as to why we don't have fixtures on that Saturday?? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Does anyone have an answer as to why we don't have fixtures on that Saturday?? :confused:

I think it's maybe the international WC play offs?

JimBHibees
14-09-2017, 07:49 AM
I think it's maybe the international WC play offs?

Wishful thinking I would suggest. :greengrin

Here it is:

The first legs will be played on 9–11 November, and the second legs will be played on 12–14 November 2017. The winner of each tie will qualify for the World Cup.

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Wishful thinking I would suggest. :greengrin

Here it is:

The first legs will be played on 9–11 November, and the second legs will be played on 12–14 November 2017. The winner of each tie will qualify for the World Cup.

Basically a mini winter break for the Scottish boys. :greengrin

JimBHibees
14-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Basically a mini winter break for the Scottish boys. :greengrin

Or more likely weekend on the lash. :greengrin

Keith_M
14-09-2017, 07:59 AM
So in the likely event Scotland aren't actually participating, maybe the Clubs should bring some games forward

:dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2017, 08:04 AM
So in the likely event Scotland aren't actually participating, maybe the Clubs should bring some games forward

Probably too short notice and it'd depend on how many other internationals teams have - Norther Ireland and wales/ROI have a chance of being involved for a start.

JimBHibees
14-09-2017, 08:08 AM
Probably too short notice and it'd depend on how many other internationals teams have - Norther Ireland and wales/ROI have a chance of being involved for a start.

Yes might have been able to happen if we were definitely out now but would be too late given not going to know until early/mid October.

Keith_M
14-09-2017, 08:18 AM

OK then if Scotland are involved, I vote that we play Celtc that weekend

:wink:

Billy Whizz
14-09-2017, 08:25 AM

Maybe Strachan will organise a friendly?

Or
If we win on Tuesday, and Scotland aren't involved in the play offs (hope we are though), the away game against Killie on 21st October will be postponed. Maybe that could be played on 11th Nov?

Sir David Gray
14-09-2017, 08:35 AM
OK then if Scotland are involved, I vote that we play Celtc that weekend

:wink:

Works for me.

Although they could still potentially name a starting XI of;

De Vries

Gamboa
Boyata
Sviatchenko
Lustig

Rogic
Bitton
Roberts
Ntcham

Sinclair
Dembele

Maybe not eh!? :greengrin

Keith_M
14-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Works for me.

De Vries

Gamboa
Boyata
Sviatchenko
Lustig

Rogic
Bitton
Roberts
Ntcham

Sinclair
Dembele

You're so negative, we'd win 5-0 against that lot.

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Have Hearts requested no games that weekend for maximum exposure of the grand opening of their new mega stand?

Hibernia&Alba
14-09-2017, 08:55 AM
It's to commemorate the end of World War One on 11/11, which Hearts won single handed. It's the least we can do.

Springbank
14-09-2017, 08:58 AM
It's to commemorate the end of World War One on 11/11, which Hearts won single handed. It's the least we can do.

Aye, if it wasn't for Hearts we'd all be speaking Habsburg by now

Keith_M
14-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Have Hearts requested no games that weekend for maximum exposure of the grand opening of their new mega stand?

You two have just given Dr Budge a great idea.

I foresee a solemn celebration linking the two events, with commemorative tea-towels on sale and collection buckets to help pay for the new stand.

G B Young
14-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Maybe Strachan will organise a friendly?

Or
If we win on Tuesday, and Scotland aren't involved in the play offs (hope we are though), the away game against Killie on 21st October will be postponed. Maybe that could be played on 11th Nov?

I'd imagine Strachan will step down if Scotland fail to make the play-offs. He's been in charge for two and a half qualifying campaigns now. Granted the first one was already all but a busted flush thanks to Potter's incompetence, but it would be unprecedented for a Scotland manager to carry on into a fourth qualifying campaign having been involved with three failed ones.

Forza Fred
15-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Works for me.

De Vries

Gamboa
Boyata
Sviatchenko
Lustig

Rogic
Bitton
Roberts
Ntcham

Sinclair
Dembele

You can rule out Rogic.

Due to an inglorious Socceroo campaign in their Asian qualifying group, if we get past Syria in the first lot of play offs, Rogic will be required on World Cup duty for Oz against possibly the USA to see who goes to Russia.

Nicho87
15-09-2017, 09:42 AM
hearts will still find a home game that weekend no doubt

Sir David Gray
15-09-2017, 04:43 PM
You can rule out Rogic.

Due to an inglorious Socceroo campaign in their Asian qualifying group, if we get past Syria in the first lot of play offs, Rogic will be required on World Cup duty for Oz against possibly the USA to see who goes to Russia.

Oh well they would just need to play Jonny Hayes then!

Hibrandenburg
16-09-2017, 08:43 AM
In honour of my birthday? :dunno:

Billy Whizz
16-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Under 19's and 21's have Euro qualifiers that weekend as well, so unlikely there will be a game

Frazerbob
13-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Scotland playing a friendly in Aberdeen on November 9th. Iceland or Netherlands the rumoured opponents.

G B Young
13-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Scotland playing a friendly in Aberdeen on November 9th. Iceland or Netherlands the rumoured opponents.

What a needless fixture that will be. It's annoying enough to see Hibs' rhythm disrupted by the qualifiers but for a meaningless friendly it just seems daft.

Frazerbob
13-10-2017, 09:41 AM
What a needless fixture that will be. It's annoying enough to see Hibs' rhythm disrupted by the qualifiers but for a meaningless friendly it just seems daft.

You would think a break from international games would be better in the current circumstances. However, as a big Scotland fan who lives in Aberdeen I’m actually happy at the news.

danhibees1875
13-10-2017, 09:50 AM

There was always a space there for the play-off's though, it wasn't put in just for this friendly. Although I agree, international weekends are bad enough when there is a competitive Scotland game(s) to watch - an international break with no relevance is a bit disappointing.