PDA

View Full Version : NHC Greatest Supporters In The World - In Trouble Again

Keith_M
13-09-2017, 08:51 AM
I see Celtc's great European Traditions are being valiantly continued... humped by PSG and facing yet another fine for Fan Misbehaviour (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15531106.Celtic_facing_12th_Euro_fan_misbehaviour_ charge_in_six_years_after_fan__confronts__French_s tar_Mbappe/).

This time it was just one guy, who ran onto the pitch and tried to kick a PSG player after the 3rd goal. A single person this time but this is becoming a very regular pattern.

They must be creating some new record for UEFA Fines.

Jones28
13-09-2017, 08:53 AM
12 fines in 6 years apparantly

JimboHibs
13-09-2017, 08:57 AM
I see Celtc's great European Traditions are being valiantly continued... humped by PSG and facing yet another fine for Fan Misbehaviour (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15531106.Celtic_facing_12th_Euro_fan_misbehaviour_ charge_in_six_years_after_fan__confronts__French_s tar_Mbappe/).

This time it was just one guy, who ran onto the pitch and tried to kick a PSG player after the 3rd goal. A single person this time but this is becoming a very regular pattern.

Only one guy ran onto the pitch poor show,they could have asked us for advice on how to do a proper pitch invasion.

Keith_M
13-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Only one guy ran onto the pitch poor show,they could have asked us for advice on how to do a proper pitch invasion.

:greengrin

Yep, shows a definite lack of effort.

Billy Whizz
13-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Think they'll get hammered for this

DarlingtonHibee
13-09-2017, 09:07 AM
That boy better keep his head down for a bit!

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Shows the unfairness of it all when one numpty can get the club into trouble.

Sylar
13-09-2017, 09:18 AM
He looked so pleased with himself too as he was being carted off by the stewards, whilst the rest of the Celtc fans rightly booed him and looked on with faces of disgust.

I really loathe that club and their supporters as a whole, but I feel a little bit for them that one absolute idiot, who was heckled by his own supporters, is going to land them in more hot water.

It'll no doubt be another fine, which in the grand scheme of things will be paltry. It would be genuinely unfair if they end up having to play games behind closed doors etc because of one total walloper.

Smartie
13-09-2017, 09:22 AM

How is it unfair?

One numpty is still one numpty too many.

Michael
13-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Only reasonable course of action is banning them from Europe.

snooky
13-09-2017, 09:27 AM

"Finest Supporters in the World" it is then

GordonHFC
13-09-2017, 09:31 AM

He should have worn his 'cloak of invisibility' and attacked all of the PSG players as happened on 21/05/2016

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2017, 09:33 AM
How is it unfair?

One numpty is still one numpty too many.

What? One guy can get your club into trouble and facing sanctions and fines, it's not too difficult to see how that could be deemed unfair now is it.

Bostonhibby
13-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Have police glasgows crack Find the Elephant in the Phone Box Team identified him yet?

BT58
If they have to play the next euro tie behind closed doors will they not have to refund all the fans who have paid up front for the 3 home ties ???.
Just as well the loony never connected with his kick

Scouse Hibee
He looked so pleased with himself too as he was being carted off by the stewards, whilst the rest of the Celtc fans rightly booed him and looked on with faces of disgust.

I really loathe that club and their supporters as a whole, but I feel a little bit for them that one absolute idiot, who was heckled by his own supporters, is going to land them in more hot water.

It'll no doubt be another fine, which in the grand scheme of things will be paltry. It would be genuinely unfair if they end up having to play games behind closed doors etc because of one total walloper.

Exactly my point.

Firestarter
13-09-2017, 09:37 AM
What? One guy can get your club into trouble and facing sanctions and fines, it's not too difficult to see how that could be deemed unfair now is it.

If there wasn't recent history of similar happening like when the boy ran on to confront the Milan goalie, IRA singing and illicit banners then I might agree. Celtic are Scotlands shame - again.

Bostonhibby
13-09-2017, 09:38 AM

I suppose thems the rules and celtc knew before they got into the tournament but its pretty tough on the rest if one bellends actions affects their enjoyment of the next game.

Think their problem is that this is the tip of a very toxic iceberg. EUFA tend to act whilst the Scottish authorities navel gaze or defer in the case of the uglies.

Firestarter
13-09-2017, 09:39 AM
If they have to play the next euro tie behind closed doors will they not have to refund all the fans who have paid up front for the 3 home ties ???.
Just as well the loony never connected with his kick

I would imagine any closed door match would be from next year.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-09-2017, 09:47 AM

Fair comments. I would take it one step further and say that I feel bit for the supporters that don't also belt out that sectarian trash . Breaking the rules in the stands is the same as breaking them on the pitch.

Tom Hart RIP
13-09-2017, 09:48 AM
In the 60s and 70s whenever either of OF went a couple of goals down they invaded the pitch which as often as not allowed them to gather their composure and disrupted the opposition.
Celtic did the in Drybrough Cup final when we were 3-0 up. Rangers did the same in the semi at ER.
as well.
Jock Stein used to wade into the crowd and push them off the field.
Having said that most top Scottish clubs have had similar problems with individual fans.
Celtic fan tried to get Strachan
Rangers fan hit Kevin McKee
Hearts fans went for Deek and NL
Hibs fan went for ref for sending Grant Brebnet off.
It will be interesting to see what UEFA does.

Smartie
13-09-2017, 10:10 AM

We can't really condone fans running onto the pitch and confronting players though.

There needs to be a deterrent - the perpetrator getting into trouble personally, and there should be an impact on the club, even if it is a small fine in the grand scheme of things. That way fans self-police a bit better (and react like the fans did last night, which is to take a pretty dim view of this guy).

If you don't act tough on this then you'll see more of it, and a player might get injured by some dafty with a weapon. You could make a pretty big statement attacking a £200m player.

Before you know it we could have perimeter fencing back in grounds.

Clubs have to be responsible for the behaviour of their fans in their own ground.

Keith_M
13-09-2017, 10:33 AM

If it was a one off incident, I'd imagine the punishment would reflect that, but it's just the latest in a whole catalogue of events in the last six years.

Sir David Gray
13-09-2017, 11:18 AM
I'm certainly no lover of Celtic but I do find it grossly unfair that any club can be punished for the actions of one fan out of thousands who did something which was entirely unpreventable.

neil7908
13-09-2017, 11:34 AM

If it was an isolated incident they'd have my sympathy. The 12 fines in 6 years (with another now to come). Tells you there are wider issues with the support.

Imagine also if in Scotland we took the same view as UEFA? Something might actually get done about it!

WeeRussell
13-09-2017, 11:41 AM
F*** 'em, as long as they're getting fined for something. Fine away - them and their ugly sisters get away without action against their fans every time they play.

All roads lead to Rome.

Lendo
13-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Have Club 1872 released a statement calling for Lennon to be charged over this?

Danderhall Hibs
13-09-2017, 12:03 PM
I'm certainly no lover of Celtic but I do find it grossly unfair that any club can be punished for the actions of one fan out of thousands who did something which was entirely unpreventable.

That's why they won't allow Strict Liability in Scottish football.

hibsbollah
13-09-2017, 12:05 PM
No Caspar involvement this time.

IWasThere2016
13-09-2017, 12:13 PM
He was their MOTM :greengrin

heretoday
13-09-2017, 12:28 PM
I think it's a big deal really. Some radge runs on.

It's a man's game.

KeithTheHibby
13-09-2017, 12:57 PM

If they end up playing a game behind closed doors it won't be down to the idiot last night, it will be down to the other 10 occasions in the last 6 years and quite rightly so.

chrisski33
13-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Could he have been a sevco fan doing it on purpose to get celtic in trouble?

Keith_M
13-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Could he have been a sevco fan doing it on purpose to get celtic in trouble?

What's the betting that's the official statement from the Celtc Supporters Association

where'stheslope
13-09-2017, 02:14 PM
The biggest problem I see for Celtic, is that PSG have amassed a team capable of winning this tournament and spent a lot of money getting the right players.

This will not be lost on EUFA, they will throw the book at Celtic, could be a hefty fine and a couple of games behind closed doors in this tournament , and that would really hit Celtic and their supporters hard!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
13-09-2017, 03:48 PM
I must admit I feel sorry for this guy. It must be hard following a team who can put two teams on the park capable of winning all the domestic trophies and laughing at the thought of any challenge and then having to watch them get their asses handed to them by a bigger and richer playground bully.

:greengrin

Famous Fiver
13-09-2017, 04:01 PM
I was interested in the remarks of the 'experts' on Radio Scotland lamenting the 'difference in resources and how can Celtic be expected to compete' which was repeated ad nauseam.

No mention of the difference in resources when Celtic take on other Scottish teams.

Pot, kettle, black, comes to mind.

Chuck the book at them.

Carheenlea
13-09-2017, 04:25 PM
If they end up playing a game behind closed doors it won't be down to the idiot last night, it will be down to the other 10 occasions in the last 6 years and quite rightly so.

Celtic are perennial offenders, whether the latest offence was committed by one or one thousand fans, they deserve harsh punishment.

Hibernia&Alba
13-09-2017, 04:44 PM
The strict liability laws of UEFA are in stark contrast to the laxness of the SPL and SFA. We should go the same route, in order to deal with the national disgrace that is the Old Firm.

Keith_M
13-09-2017, 04:50 PM
I see the guy was bubbling away (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15532960.Celtic_fan_who_attacked_PSG_player_weeps_ in_court/) in the court room and has now been banned from every stadium in the UK.

As he's from Belfast (shockeroony), maybe he can go watch some games in RoI instead.

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Celtic are perennial offenders, whether the latest offence was committed by one or one thousand fans, they deserve harsh punishment.

Disagree.

Hibernia&Alba
13-09-2017, 05:07 PM
I see the guy was bubbling away (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15532960.Celtic_fan_who_attacked_PSG_player_weeps_ in_court/) in the court room and has now been banned from every stadium in the UK.

As he's from Belfast (shockeroony), maybe he can go watch some games in RoI instead.

Gerry Adams should know better at his age.

hibs#1
13-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Have Club 1872 released a statement calling for Lennon to be charged over this?

Bypassed the statement and went straight for 999 call,Lennon is at the police station as we speak.

tynehibs
13-09-2017, 05:49 PM
They always invaded the pitch when losing by more than 1 , done it at ER many times .did the (fog) game at parkhead not get disrupted to by invaders when we led 2-0 ?

Sir David Gray
13-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Each individual offence has to be considered on its own merit. One idiotic fan entering the field of play and attempting to assault a player should not result in the club being held accountable regardless of previous indiscretions.

The only time action should be taken against a club is when fan behaviour could have been foreseen and preventative measures could have been put in place but weren't.

Carheenlea
13-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Each individual offence has to be considered on its own merit. One idiotic fan entering the field of play and attempting to assault a player should not result in the club being held accountable regardless of previous indiscretions.

The only time action should be taken against a club is when fan behaviour could have been foreseen and preventative measures could have been put in place but weren't.

When it's every other game almost in Europe they are are being charged, there comes a time when UEFA may need to look beyond simply individual offences when taking action.

Mind you, it was all a bit tame compared to the Spartak Moscow fan aiming a flare/rocket at the referee in Maribor tonight :duck:

https://twitter.com/marathonbet/status/908055532174442496

Sylar
13-09-2017, 09:34 PM
When it's every other game almost in Europe they are are being charged, there comes a time when UEFA may need to look beyond simply individual offences when taking action.

Mind you, it was all a bit tame compared to the Spartak Moscow fan aiming a flare/rocket at the referee in Maribor tonight :duck:

https://twitter.com/marathonbet/status/908055532174442496

That's absolutely mental, and sorta puts what happened at Celtc Park into perspective, but also highlight just how much more dangerous it could have been given the established proximity.

I don't see what they could have done to prevent this idiot getting onto the pitch in all honesty. There was a steward at every single gate pitchside, and the report I read suggested this guy jumped over the wall (not a gate)? Unless we go for a wall of stewards around the entire circumference of the pitch, there's always going to be a gap for such a minded individual.

However, attempted assault of a player is definitely an escalation from banners and songs, even if it is only one moron.

Be interesting to see where UEFA fall down on the argument.

delbert
13-09-2017, 09:39 PM

Apparently they are setting up a direct debit to UEFA !!

WeeRussell
14-09-2017, 11:16 AM
It really is quite mental seeing the amount of The Rangers supporters using the term "Scotland's shame" on social media following Tuesday night :greengrin

Bostonhibby
14-09-2017, 01:37 PM
It really is quite mental seeing the amount of The Rangers supporters using the term "Scotland's shame" on social media following Tuesday night :greengrinBeing Norn Irn's shame and Scotlands shame maybe makes them think they have the upper hand here?

Two cheeks, same erse.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
15-09-2017, 10:47 AM

So you think that this was a one off occasion?

Did a fan not come on at Parkhead before and try to assault the goalkeeper, and the goalkeeper did the dive????

Unfortunately for poor unfortunate Celtic ( its not our fault ), this is just another in a long line of offences for which they have been punished, but this time it could have had more severe repercussions!

This could also spark repercussions for our fans in Scotland, as UEFA could now force us into Strict Accountability for our Teams.