PDA

View Full Version : Michael O'Neil arrested for drink driving

Green Blood
12-09-2017, 06:15 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41236833

Ronniekirk
12-09-2017, 08:06 AM
A few mouthfuls of sherry trifle would probably put you over the limit these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve75
12-09-2017, 08:13 AM
A few mouthfuls of sherry trifle would probably put you over the limit these days

No, it wouldn't. There's no excuse here.

If found guilty, I hope he get's the punishment he deserves and, if he has an issue, the help he needs.

Peevemor
12-09-2017, 08:20 AM

I doubt it. Anyway, he's always liked a drink - maybe no more or less than a lot of folk, but he has to stick to the same rules as everyone else.

Crazyhorse
12-09-2017, 08:52 AM
No, it wouldn't. There's no excuse here.

If found guilty, I hope he get's the punishment he deserves and, if he has an issue, the help he needs.

Agree.

Michael
12-09-2017, 09:04 AM

Doesn't matter - he must have been driving like a dick to get pulled over in the first place.

Coco Bryce
12-09-2017, 09:16 AM
On the A720 City Bypass as well so probably doing in excess of 60-80mph :no way:

Thecat23
12-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Twat. Hope he gets done!

Nakedmanoncrack
12-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Arse.

Keith_M
12-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Did he have a platinum blonde with silicon assets in the car with him? I believe Rooney's lady friend is still on the lookout for somebody in football.

CMurdoch
12-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Best he was caught this way rather than the Luke McCormack way.
Hopefully he will never do this again.

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2017, 11:27 AM

I don't think so but even if it did the responsibility not to consume the sherry trifle before driving would still apply. Will get what he deserves if found guilty, criminal conviction, driving ban and probably a fine. Can count himself lucky his job is not dependent on driving, or he would lose it.

Michael
12-09-2017, 11:36 AM
I don't think so but even if it did the responsibility not to consume the sherry trifle before driving would still apply. Will get what he deserves if found guilty, criminal conviction, driving ban and probably a fine. Can count himself lucky his job is not dependent on driving, or he would lose it.

He'll need to park the bus against Germany.

Hibs Class
12-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Doesn't matter - he must have been driving like a dick to get pulled over in the first place.

Not necessarily - maybe someone suspected he was over the limit and reported him to the Police

12-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Eejit.

The BBC photo looks like it has been photoshopped to make his face redder.

SirDavidsNapper
12-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Hope the drink problem rumours that were circulating when he didn't get the Hibs job aren't true. Was my favourite player as a youngster. Hopefully this is a wake up call for him.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Did he have a platinum blonde with silicon assets in the car with him? I believe Rooney's lady friend is still on the lookout for somebody in football.Nah, she wanted someone that looked like a football.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

bigwheel
12-09-2017, 11:44 AM
I have no knowledge of O'Neils drinking habit , but His nose and face suggest he is drinking too much alcohol ..there may be other reasons,but if this is an issue - I hope this triggers him to reach out for help

Biggie
12-09-2017, 12:09 PM
clearly not getting a sniff of the hearts job has got to him....."Craig 'kin levein ?!!...jesus give me some more trifle"
(Before anyone gets on my case, no excuse for drink driving)

CMurdoch
12-09-2017, 04:10 PM
clearly not getting a sniff of the hearts job has got to him....."Craig 'kin levein ?!!...jesus give me some more trifle"
(Before anyone gets on my case, no excuse for drink driving)

:greengrin

greenlex
12-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Hope the drink problem rumours that were circulating when he didn't get the Hibs job aren't true. Was my favourite player as a youngster. Hopefully this is a wake up call for him.
The irony is when he was on sportsound a few months ago and questioned about that time and the rumours/smear campaign he laughed and said he didn't have time to drink as he was driving all over the place at the time. :rolleyes:

Firestarter
12-09-2017, 05:31 PM
The irony is when he was on sportsound a few months ago and questioned about that time and the rumours/smear campaign he laughed and said he didn't have time to drink as he was driving all over the place at the time. :rolleyes:

That's not irony, that's actual scary. He clearly likes a bevy, so did Fenlon. As does Lenny. Massive mistake ultimately not giving Michael the job at the time appointing Pat though, I don't think drinking was behind the reasoning so he does come across as bitter(pardon the pun) in that aspect.

Ronniekirk
12-09-2017, 05:59 PM
I have no knowledge of O'Neils drinking habit , but His nose and face suggest he is drinking too much alcohol ..there may be other reasons,but if this is an issue - I hope this triggers him to reach out for help

Rosacea could be the cause People with that condition often get labelled drinkers

Lago
12-09-2017, 06:11 PM

Correct, so don't get behind the steering wheel of a car

Bishop Hibee
12-09-2017, 06:17 PM
I can never understand why people on his sort of salary don't just call a taxi or arrange for a driver to take them home if they feel they must drink on a night out. Dangerous behaviour.

Pete
12-09-2017, 07:48 PM

I was going to say something along those lines but was a bit nervous about doing so. Don't know if it's an unfortunate picture but he looks like a drinker in that photo, a bit like Clough did as he wore on a bit. Hope I'm mistaken.

Peevemor
12-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Rosacea could be the cause People with that condition often get labelled drinkers

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkVery true.

Hillsidehibby
12-09-2017, 08:15 PM

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-09-2017, 08:25 PM

So if you are driving later then have ordinary trifle or ice cream and jelly. Surely not that hard a decision?

greenlex
12-09-2017, 08:34 PM
That's not irony, that's actual scary. He clearly likes a bevy, so did Fenlon. As does Lenny. Massive mistake ultimately not giving Michael the job at the time appointing Pat though, I don't think drinking was behind the reasoning so he does come across as bitter(pardon the pun) in that aspect.

No it's definitely irony. You have no clue as to his drinking habits.

bigwheel
12-09-2017, 09:08 PM

Yes. That is true. Could well be...

He has however had rumours about drink issues following him for a number of years now...if he has that challenge in life, I hope he seeks the right support

Pretty Boy
12-09-2017, 09:16 PM
No excuse for his behaviour.

IF he has an issue/problem with his drinking, and it is only an if, then I hope he gets the help he needs.

heretoday
12-09-2017, 09:34 PM
I thought he was a sensible kind of guy.

steakbake
12-09-2017, 09:45 PM

Maybe when the dessert trolley is wheeled in, he can't resist? Lucky it was only a trifle and not a tiramisu.

Renfrew_Hibby
12-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Very true.

Very true indeed. I have a mild form of it and also just about tea total yet I had snidy comments from people before.

neil7908
12-09-2017, 10:24 PM
I don't understand folk like him and Rooney not just getting a taxi.

I'm on a fraction of what they earn and if I need to will just take the hit to make sure I get home without getting into any bother.

Ronniekirk
12-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Yes. That is true. Could well be...

He has however had rumours about drink issues following him for a number of years now...if he has that challenge in life, I hope he seeks the right support

And rumours are what they are at this juncture

snooky
12-09-2017, 11:11 PM

Yep, she's some girl.

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2017, 01:29 AM

I'm on a fraction of what they earn and if I need to will just take the hit to make sure I get home without getting into any bother.

although not drinking, the ignorance of Gary Neville having twice been caught using a mobile in his fancy dan car(which has bluetooth) once balancing it on the middle of the steering wheel and the other time with it to his ear, all that money/wealth and so ******g ignorant/thick, utter morons, i've absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for michael o'neil if proven drink driving

sadtom
13-09-2017, 01:42 AM
Maybe the rumours of him being lined up for the hertz job are true and he's in the process of meeting the requirements and updating his c.v.
If, in the next few weeks, he's spotted dipping a charity tin, i'll know i'm onto something.

bigwheel
13-09-2017, 10:28 AM
And rumours are what they are at this juncture

Fair point Ronnie...

ajf
13-09-2017, 10:06 PM

Rooney got a taxi to the girls car so nobody knew he was going to the girls flat , Imo

Mibbes Aye
13-09-2017, 11:37 PM

Its a bit more fluid than that.

Putting Michael O'Neill to one side, you can be sensible and still struggling with an addiction.

People can function at a very high level while dealing with any manner of substance issues.

i suspect in a football management role, it's all the easier. You face pressure on a round-the clock basis, with very few channels for letting it out. Lots of time in hotel rooms or in your office at the training ground, with a massive expectation that you will ensure a result that weekend or during the midweek game.

Easy to get swallowed up by it and find a crutch to deal with it.

It makes me glad that people like Neil Lennon are so open and honest about their turmoil and struggles. It's that sort of honesty that helps.

CraigHibee
14-09-2017, 12:14 AM
Its a bit more fluid than that.

Putting Michael O'Neill to one side, you can be sensible and still struggling with an addiction.

People can function at a very high level while dealing with any manner of substance issues.

Absolutely MA, i know someone who has an issue with alcohol who was quite high up in the place they worked, drink has been an issue with this person for at least 4/5 years now, they are now retired but as they are home most of the day the drinking has gotten worse.

drink is a demon, i very rarely drink these days and have seen how addictive it can be and the problems it causes