PDA

View Full Version : Attending on Saturday

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Sorry but for me if you're questioning whether or not attend on Saturday due to hibs' statement then don't bother.

Boards of other clubs have put their supporters through hell and the fan base has continued to support.

My_Wife_Camille
11-09-2017, 05:50 PM
I will not be attending on saturday

Billy Whizz
11-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Sorry but for me if you're questioning whether or not attend on Saturday due to hibs' statement then don't bother.

Boards of other clubs have put their supporters through hell and the fan base has continued to support.

Bollocks, you want to harm the team?
We need to support the team. It's our team/club, and it will be long after the directors move on

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 05:51 PM

Good for you.

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Bollocks, you want to harm the team?
We need to support the team. It's our team/club, and it will be long after the directors move on

If you'd like to read again I'm very much on your side

dangermouse
11-09-2017, 05:54 PM
I'm not going either!

Only because I'll be in Spain :greengrin

kaimendhibs
11-09-2017, 05:55 PM
I am apalled by the clubs statement but of course I will be attending on Saturday and every other Hibs game. I support the team, even if raging at the board.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2017, 05:56 PM
I'll be there but I'll be making my feelings known to Petrie and co.

CathroMustStay
11-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Sadly too many happy clappers, not just in our support but across Scottish football, have absolutely no guts when it comes to dealing with the Deadco's corruption.

A near empty Easter Road on Saturday would send a message, but sadly it will never happen.

.Sean.
11-09-2017, 05:57 PM
It's no the players fault the board are a shower of cowards who condone cheating.

Billy Whizz
11-09-2017, 05:57 PM
If you'd like to read again I'm very much on your side

Maybe your wording made me misread it
Thought you were advocating Fans not going along

The_Horde
11-09-2017, 05:58 PM
I'm absolutely not going. Protest outside the west. Petrie out. Season ticket card waving in the sky.

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Maybe your wording made me misread it
Thought you were advocating Fans not going along

Not at all

Hibs90
11-09-2017, 06:03 PM
It's no the players fault the board are a shower of cowards who condone cheating.

Exactly.

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 06:04 PM

Grow up.

MyJo
11-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Draw a line under it and move on.

I'll be there on saturday to cheer on Lennon and the Players no matter how disappointed i am by the board.

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 06:06 PM
100% still be there backing the team. They didn't vote this the idiots in charge at board level did.

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Sadly too many happy clappers, not just in our support but across Scottish football, have absolutely no guts when it comes to dealing with the Deadco's corruption.

A near empty Easter Road on Saturday would send a message, but sadly it will never happen.

They are a dead team, let's focus on Hibs. Never been a better time to be a Hibee.

jgl07
11-09-2017, 06:08 PM
What a load of self-indulgent bull****.

The club concerned were liquidated six years ago.

Stay away if you must but no-one will miss you.

lyonhibs
11-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Are folk seriously considering not go to support the team on the pitch purely because of the statement??. Sheesh.

aljo7-0
11-09-2017, 06:09 PM
I'll be there on Saturday supporting the team as much as ever. But I'm really disappointed by the statement and a wee bit of my love for the club has been tarnished

MWHIBBIES
11-09-2017, 06:09 PM

A near empty Easter Road on Saturday would send a message, but sadly it will never happen.What planet are you living on mate? ''Sadly it will never happen''? ****ing glad it will never happen more like

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Of course I'll be there. I always have despite of Petrie.

truehibernian
11-09-2017, 06:14 PM

Was it John McGinn's fault that Rangers used EBTs ? Did Martin Boyle vet and approve Craig Whyte ? Did Efe Ambrose issue their UEFA License ?

Ask to meet Rod or Leeann and state your case to them, or go through the Reps via letter and email - but for goodness sake, support the boys playing 90 minutes of football for the club :aok: Just remember, a near empty Easter Road took us towards relegation :agree:

There are different ways to argue your case and have your opinion listened to bud. Taking it out on Neil and the players is the wrong way to go about it.

SaulGoodman
11-09-2017, 06:14 PM
There is some absolute zoomers on this site.

Hibeewilly
11-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Was it John McGinn's fault that Rangers used EBTs ? Did Martin Boyle vet and approve Craig Whyte ? Did Efe Ambrose issue their UEFA License ?

Ask to meet Rod or Leeann and state your case to them, or go through the Reps via letter and email - but for goodness sake, support the boys playing 90 minutes of football for the club :aok: Just remember, a near empty Easter Road took us towards relegation :agree:

There are different ways to argue your case and have your opinion listened to bud. Taking it out on Neil and the players is the wrong way to go about it.
Well put TH I cant believe some of the stuff I'm reading about people not coming to support the team on Saturday. F---ing unbelievable!! That will send out a great message to Neil his staff and the players FFS:brickwall

Radium
11-09-2017, 06:41 PM

Can't wait till we only have 7k crowds again, so much easier to get out of the East. (is this obtuse enough for this thread)

I'm a season ticket holder who won't be going on Saturday, would you prefer a doctors line or a letter from my gran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgl07
11-09-2017, 06:42 PM
There is some absolute zoomers on this site.

And a fair few with a whiff of Yam.

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Can't wait till we only have 7k crowds again, so much easier to get out of the East. (is this obtuse enough for this thread)

I'm a season ticket holder who won't be going on Saturday, would you prefer a doctors line or a letter from my gran.

Neither thanks but if you're choosing not to attend due to the statement then it's pathetic

Pete
11-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Ach away. Get this tae ****

Beefster
11-09-2017, 07:01 PM

Letter from your gran please.

But dinnae be trying to forge her signature. I'll know.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 07:03 PM
And a fair few with a whiff of Yam.

Well only a yam could actively condone cheating, so you have a point there.

Pete
11-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Well only a yam could actively condone cheating, so you have a point there.

Says the guy who "isn't going back" due to this statement.

🤣

staunchhibby
11-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Paid my money for season ticket and will be there. Not dolly out of the pram like some.Wonder if those protesting willt want tickets if we reach any finals.

poolman
11-09-2017, 07:22 PM

How childish is that 🙄

Jack
11-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Given Hibs have our money there's little we can do to hit them were it hurts and I'm not sure we'd want to. I feel that's no coincidence it's come to a head now.

I watched the film Ghandi today.

I feel the options for us, and other supporters in Scotland are limited. We can only be passive. But we must be firm.

I propose a minutes silence at 18 minutes in our next game unless we score and again in the 75th minute. And/or both.

That was was when we were born and this could be the death of us.

All other clubs supporters should do the same with appropriate timing.

We will all do this until Scottish football is clean.

iwasthere1972
11-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Given Hibs have our money there's little we can do to hit them were it hurts and I'm not sure we'd want to. I feel that's no coincidence it's come to a head now.

I watched the film Ghandi today.

I feel the options for us, and other supporters in Scotland are limited. We can only be passive. But we must be firm.

I propose a minutes silence at 18 minutes in our next game unless we score and again in the 75th minute. And/or both.

That was was when we were born and this could be the death of us.

All other clubs supporters should do the same with appropriate timing.

We will all do this until Scottish football is clean.

A bit OTT.

I'll be there on Saturday.

Eyrie
11-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Motherwell will be only my third game this season (Arbroath and Hamilton the others) and I'm not sure when the next one will be, so of course I'll be there.

BegbieHSC
11-09-2017, 08:06 PM
I'll be there on Saturday - Hibernian are my team, and no incompetent, unscrupulous and deluded board decision will ever change that. If there are any protests planned though, I'll be more than eager to oblige.

The fact remains: what a way to kill the ****ing feel good factor at the club! That statement is as good as complicit in Rangers cheating. We as Hibernian supporters have a board who have put out a statement that is not only non-representative, but it is also embarrassing for us as football fans.

scoopyboy
11-09-2017, 08:09 PM
How childish is that 🙄

I'm not so sure he isn't attending on Saturday because of the statement, it's probably because he wasn't going anyway.

Borderhibbie76
11-09-2017, 08:10 PM
There is some absolute zoomers on this site.100% this and it's getting worse by the week mate...cant believe some are advocating boycotting games..just ridiculous!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
11-09-2017, 08:11 PM
I'll be there. I've stuck by Hibs through far worse than this.

Scottish football is corrupt, to what degree is probably open to debate but at it's core it's rotten. A rigged enquiry won't change that. I love Hibs though and will support the club regardless of believing the above to be true.

I'm sure the board will be made aware of the fans feelings on Saturday but it's not the fault of the players or manager so I'll be there to support them.

Radium
11-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Letter from your gran please.

But dinnae be trying to forge her signature. I'll know.

[emoji15]

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 08:13 PM
I'll be there on Saturday - Hibernian are my team, and no incompetent, unscrupulous and deluded board decision will ever change that. If there are any protests planned though, I'll be more than eager to oblige.

The fact remains: what a way to kill the ****ing feel good factor at the club! That statement is as good as complicit in Rangers cheating. We as Hibernian supporters have a board who have put out a statement that is not only non-representative, but it is also embarrassing for us as football fans.

I don't find it embarrassing, neither has it killed feel good factor for me. It's funny the ones who oppose the statement are under the belief that every supporter feels the same way as them.

wookie70
11-09-2017, 08:15 PM
I'll be there as usual. I statement certainly doesn't represent my views but there is not much a board could do to stop me going to see Hibs. The slope might be back given we have decided we are against a level playing field

BegbieHSC
11-09-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't find it embarrassing, neither has it killed feel good factor for me. It's funny the ones who oppose the statement are under the belief that every supporter feels the same way as them.

I don't believe that every supporter condemns the statement...I do believe the majority do however. Just look at the polls/social media reaction, and you can see that for yourself. Delusional to think otherwise!

Radium
11-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Neither thanks but if you're choosing not to attend due to the statement then it's pathetic

Work got in the way a long time before the statement. Ticket will be used though.

Hope that takes me off the 'pathetic' list

green day
11-09-2017, 08:18 PM
I don't believe that every supporter condemns the statement...I do believe the majority do however. Just look at the polls/social media reaction, and you can see that for yourself. Delusional to think otherwise!

Give me a breakdown of the numbers pro and con enquiry then. I will kick off, I'm in the couldn't give a toss camp.

ancient hibee
11-09-2017, 08:26 PM

Well you can stay away for a start.Who do you think you are to talk about Hibs supporters like that?

CathroMustStay
11-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Give me a breakdown of the numbers pro and con enquiry then. I will kick off, I'm in the couldn't give a toss camp.

You couldn't give a toss that Rangers Football Club (1872-2012) bent the rules and committed corruption in Scottish football for a decade if not longer?

green day
11-09-2017, 08:32 PM
You couldn't give a toss that Rangers Football Club (1872-2012) bent the rules and committed corruption in Scottish football for a decade if not longer?

Dipstick.

I couldn't give a toss about an enquiry.

I will be there on Saturday, as will almost everyone else. I also won't be helping Motherwell by booing anyone connected with Hibs.

It's because I'm a fan.

Jonnyboy
11-09-2017, 08:34 PM

Piffle

PS Cathro's away

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 08:46 PM

I didn't say it wasn't the majority but they don't speak for every supporter

SanFranHibs
11-09-2017, 08:46 PM

How does it take guts to sit at home?

This is not the fault of Neil Lennon
This is not the fault of SJM
This is not the fault of Rocky
This is not the fault of Lewis Stevenson
This is not the fault of our two Lithuanians
This is not the fault of the Hibernian and Motherwell fans
This is not the fault of 'fill in as applicable'.

If you can, get out and support the team !!

:flag::flag:

Cameron1875
11-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Of course I'll be there.

I'd imagine the vast majority of our players hate the ***s so no point punishing them because our board are spineless cowards.

GGTTH

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Dipstick.

I couldn't give a toss about an enquiry.

I will be there on Saturday, as will almost everyone else. I also won't be helping Motherwell by booing anyone connected with Hibs.

It's because I'm a fan.

I'm a fan and I'll be telling Petrie exactly what I think of him in song.

RossScott1991
11-09-2017, 09:05 PM
People need to get a grip in my honest opinion. I support Hibernian and the players who pull on the jersey who try to win football matches. Anything else though may suck quite frankly I only care about hibs winning football matches. If you don't support the TEAM because of a statement from board then need to pull yourself together IMO.

green day
11-09-2017, 09:06 PM
I'm a fan and I'll be telling Petrie exactly what I think of him in song.

And, as a fan you think that will help the team?

If not, you might as well just stay at home.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 09:08 PM

Aye, because i'm sure John McGinn and Simon Murray care dearly about what fans think of Rod Petrie. They may just not perform to their usual standard....

green day
11-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Aye, because i'm sure John McGinn and Simon Murray care dearly about what fans think of Rod Petrie. They may just not perform to their usual standard....

What? You think Hibs fans booing and screaming Sack the Board won't transmit onto the pitch and give Motherwell a possible lift??

I'm off to bed this place is radge tonight.

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2017, 09:14 PM

I don't think a few choruses of "Petrie get tae ****" will harm the team performance whatsoever. It may just get the message over to the board that many fans are cheesed off with their pathetic statement though.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 09:19 PM

Nothing to do with guts or happy clapping, some of us just don't agree with you.

'Deadco'? What age are you?

Hibbyradge
11-09-2017, 09:32 PM
I wasn't going to go on Saturday because I'll be in Berlin, but now I'm not going because of the statement.

hfc rd
11-09-2017, 09:32 PM
I'll be there supporting the players and cheering them onto victory. The players don't deserve a boycott because of what the board have just done.

Don't give a two monkeys about the board. Only have themselves to blame if vile chants are directed towards them.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 09:34 PM
I wasn't going to go on Saturday because I'll be in Berlin, but now I'm not going because of the statement.

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
11-09-2017, 10:01 PM
I don't agree with this statement and I highly doubt many supporters will. As I have said before, so long as The Rangers 2012 continue to lay claim to the honours won by Rangers 1872 then they must also accept the consequences of any judgment to have honours won by Rangers 1872 stripped as a result of that clubs actions during the EBT years.

The SFA and Scottish League / SPFL awarded these honours and surely they have the power to remove them if they feel the spirit of the competitions involved was compromised, never mind actions by a club whose tax avoidance scheme as I understand it lead to a situation where players representing the club were not properly registered.

As for boycotting Easter Road because of this statement .............. FFS honestly !!!

BigT-Hibeez
11-09-2017, 10:04 PM
I'll be there..!!!

And anyone that's not going, can ma pal get your ST/ticket?

Ozyhibby
11-09-2017, 10:07 PM
I don't think boycotting is the way to go. It's our club and just because we have a board who care little for the integrity of the game, we shouldn't let them keep us away.
This battle will be won eventually, it's just a shame that our club will be on the losing side.

CropleyWasGod
11-09-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm not going because I'm not going to the MK Dons- Wimbledon game.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Smartie
11-09-2017, 10:14 PM
I don't think boycotting is the way to go. It's our club and just because we have a board who care little for the integrity of the game, we shouldn't let them keep us away.
This battle will be won eventually, it's just a shame that our club will be on the losing side.

It's also a huge shame to be going into such a battle on the opposite side to our club.

Once I've calmed down I'm sure I'll still be supporting the team on Saturdays.

The board can expect to face some serious heat over this though.

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 10:17 PM
I'd hoped fans would still go back the team. Wasn't the players fault! Maybe instead of boycotting we can all take brooms in and wave them at Petrie 😁

Sweep all the lies under that tash Rod.

Hermit Crab
11-09-2017, 10:55 PM
What an absolute rasper of a thread. Not going because of some daft statement - right then. I'll be there regardless. You spend the afternoon with the wife in Ikea or Safeways if you want though.

HoboHarry
11-09-2017, 11:02 PM
I'm not going because I'm not going to the MK Dons- Wimbledon game.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
Would you mind if you don't give me a lift to the game?

Captain Trips
11-09-2017, 11:02 PM
In the last 10 years plus members of the board have made worse decisions that directly impacted the club, decisions that cost the club money seen us put out some woeful squads and some disgraceful managers.

Im unhappy about the stance club has made but I have seen far far worse than this and we managed to all still go.

Not for the first time over the years I have found myself pissed off with the board at the club. Im sure I will be again.

Earlydelivery
12-09-2017, 04:13 AM
Pathetic thread this .

Nutmegged
12-09-2017, 05:16 AM
I'll be there but would love a banner unfurled expressing our feelings with regard to the Huns and put some serious public pressure onto the club to re-think their stance.

The conflict of interest for Rod Petrie in all of this can no longer be denied, he's putting his position ahead of the will of the Hibs support and Hibernian Football Club

Keith_M
12-09-2017, 06:52 AM
I will not be attending on Saturday, as I'm going to watch MK Dons instead

:greengrin

Iain G
12-09-2017, 06:58 AM

Thank god for that then!

Stuart93
12-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Still think it's absolutely mental that there are people even contemplating not going because of the statement.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 07:09 AM
People will go on Saturday because the team are playing well. When we stop playing well, then fans might be quicker to not go now than before. If the club sets its stall out as just being about bringing in the money then they better keep putting out the product.

keep the faith
12-09-2017, 07:16 AM

Sadly easter road won't be near empty?? Wow.

Hibrandenburg
12-09-2017, 07:29 AM

This :agree:

barcahibs
12-09-2017, 07:43 AM
I'm going to scweam and scweam until I'm sick. If that doesnt work then I'll hold my breath til I turn purple.

Also, does anyone know what kind of hat Petrie wears? I need one to kick about the car park afterwards.

That'll show them.

I actually won't be there this weekend as I'm working. But I'll be having a dirty protest at work in solidarity with all the boycotters.

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 07:50 AM

Exactly! Complicit in fraud and now we are guilty by association. We have been hung out!

AndyM_1875
12-09-2017, 08:14 AM

That's arguably the worst post ever made on Hibs.net

Souter96Mac
12-09-2017, 08:17 AM
As someone said above, the players aren't the ones who have decided upon this, and probably very few of them actually have an opinion on the whole situation, so like them, we should focusing on Saturdays game and backing the team.
I'm disappointed in the statement from the club however, hopefully, yet probably unlikely, there will be a separate movement from Scottish football fans with our views expressed. Doubtful that will happen, but I'm still going to back the team.

DR1875
12-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Maybe this is Petries way of worming into the top job at Hampden. He might finally get to f#$k from Easter Road! Glass half full guys!

Johnny Clash
12-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Despite being hacked off with that ridiculous decision I'll be coming up from London for the game.

I will be supporting criticisms of the board but also supporting the team. I do not think that board decision represents what the majority of fans feel. It sadly proves our board are still remote and aloof when it comes to big controversial decisions!

It's a shame our elected supporters reps aren't holding a surgery before the game.

Bill Milne
12-09-2017, 09:49 AM

Give Neilson it tight!!

Speedway
12-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Pathetic thread this .

Pathetic fan (dans)

Oh Rangers are cheating and we're no prepared to bankrupt ourselves fighting that with little chance of winning.

News flash, not only is football not fair, but neither is life. Call in sick everyday from now on. It's the only protest capitalism will understand.

SeanWilson
12-09-2017, 10:18 AM
On a side note from all the doom and gloom, I have to say that I was absolutely amazed to find only three areas in the whole stadium that could accommodate 7 folk together when looking this morning... we're season ticket holders who always invite family to a game once a year and it's never been an issue before now. Changed days!!

Stuart93
12-09-2017, 10:54 AM
On a side note from all the doom and gloom, I have to say that I was absolutely amazed to find only three areas in the whole stadium that could accommodate 7 folk together when looking this morning... we're season ticket holders who always invite family to a game once a year and it's never been an issue before now. Changed days!!

Careful mate, you don't want to become a "happy clapper"

Keith_M
12-09-2017, 11:03 AM

There's usually loads of room in the new Singing Section

:duck:

Hibernia&Alba
12-09-2017, 11:08 AM
I will certainly be there, but do think that we as a support need to do something which clearly indicates that many of us do not support the stance the club is taking on this issue. I won't condemn those who say they will no longer attend (though I think they are very few in number) because everyone has a right to respond as they see fit. I sympathise with their sentiments, if not their methods. Personally, however, I think it's the wrong tactic and would prefer we find some way of expressing our displeasure with the decision which doesn't harm our own team.

SirDavidsNapper
12-09-2017, 11:47 AM

You want everyone to boycott the game and financially hurt the club and impact the team because you don't agree with the statement? Get a grip. Time to stay off .net for a while until this calms down i think.

High-On-Hibs
12-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Pathetic fan (dans)

Oh Rangers are cheating and we're no prepared to bankrupt ourselves fighting that with little chance of winning.

News flash, not only is football not fair, but neither is life. Call in sick everyday from now on. It's the only protest capitalism will understand.

Bankrupt ourselves?

Tell me, how difficult would it be to get a fan fund raiser going from every club to raise the money for an independent enquiry?

To say it would lead to bankruptcy is the most pathetic cop out.

poolman
12-09-2017, 12:08 PM

Wow

You actually want to see a near empty ER because you don't agree with a board statement.

It's been many a year since Hibs were on the up like this and you want a boycott because you have a strop about the Huns

That's going to help Hibs on the field then eh 🙄

Grow up

staunchhibby
12-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Get a life.Its the team we support.You will all run back ifwe reach a final.Wanting tickets

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 12:32 PM
There's usually loads of room in the new Singing Section

:duck:

Leeann has done a great job tucking them well out the way. Can't have all that noise at Easter road.

SanFranHibs
12-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Bankrupt ourselves?

Tell me, how difficult would it be to get a fan fund raiser going from every club to raise the money for an independent enquiry?

So, have you started the Hibs fan fund raiser? If it is as easy as you think.....do it!

I know where you might be able to borrow a cash cow from!!

Johnny Clash
12-09-2017, 12:59 PM
I will certainly be there, but do think that we as a support need to do something which clearly indicates that many of us do not support the stance the club is taking on this issue. I won't condemn those who say they will no longer attend (though I think they are very few in number) because everyone has a right to respond as they see fit. I sympathise with their sentiments, if not their methods. Personally, however, I think it's the wrong tactic and would prefer we find some way of expressing our displeasure with the decision which doesn't harm our own team.

Yep, I agree with this post

headshrinker
12-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Bankrupt ourselves?

I don't know how difficult it would be. Why don't you do the groundwork and get back to us?

Criswell
12-09-2017, 04:21 PM
I wasn't born yesterday. I know how skewed Scottish football is in favour of two clubs but that hasn't stopped me supporting my club and never will. I'll be there on sat as usual.

Borderhibbie76
12-09-2017, 04:22 PM
I don't believe that every supporter condemns the statement...I do believe the majority do however. Just look at the polls/social media reaction, and you can see that for yourself. Delusional to think otherwise!Don't believe everything you read on social media mate...think the majority of fans myself included...are just bored of all this EBT chat...

Deansy
12-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Don't believe everything you read on social media mate...think the majority of fans myself included...are just bored of all this EBT chat...

So you're in the majority and you think you're right - that's a fresh approach on this thread !

Borderhibbie76
12-09-2017, 04:38 PM
So you're in the majority and you think you're right - that's a fresh approach on this thread !Nah I don't think I'm right at all mate just bored of it all tbh and I think that's how the majority feel. Hertz won 2 cups thru their financially doped years and that ain't gonna change either. Rather just concentrate my efforts on supporting my team ...

Famous Fiver
12-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Slightly off topic but I've seen battalions of top players (too many to mention) leave Easter Road over the years and have completely disagreed with many of them being sold but ALL of these sales must have been sanctioned by whatever Board was in place at the time. I maybe knew who the Chairman was but that was about it. My disappointment never stopped me going and applying the same logic I'll be there on Saturday and every SAtturday I can physically manage.

Off topic again but hurt a club that delivered the greatest day for 114 years?

NEVER

eastcoasthibby
12-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Do people seriously think that boycotting a game or two will make any difference at all to Petrie or the Board then not sure what planet your on ... Only way to clearly let them know is a letter to him/them personally .... Non attendance only impacts on the team !!

staunchhibby
12-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Well said east coast

Firestarter
12-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Everyone grew up loving football.

Everyone got taken, or went to Hibernian matches, in the support and fell in love with the club.

Everyone knows the football they love is corrupt as **** as you become an adult.

I didn't support Hibs because of who runs the club, I support them because from going up princes st seeing them bring back the cup in the 90s, to attendance late 90s I love our stadium, fans, the ***** times to ultimately the best footballing day of my life and the day after. People who are considering not going and who are actually Hibees have to ask themselves if they are there to support a board that for many years have taken the support for granted regardless or the club, by the club I've always considered it the support and the team.

wpj
13-09-2017, 08:21 AM

At home to the mighty Rochdale. Great match not to go to :wink:

High-On-Hibs
13-09-2017, 08:37 AM
I don't know how difficult it would be. Why don't you do the groundwork and get back to us?

I highly doubt it's the type of thing that can be started up by one single person. It would require a lot of careful co-ordinated effort involving at least dozens of fans from each club.

What could have helped get this off the ground and motive fans to play a part is a strongly worded statement from each club with the offer to help promote a fan fundraiser should fans wish to take this option forward. But clearly the clubs themselves don't want any action to be taken, even if it doesn't cost them a penny.

GoalsMcGinley
13-09-2017, 08:46 AM
I'll be there Saturday. However, I do think the bridges that have been built over the last 3 seasons between the board and the fans have been damaged by this statement. Reeks of RP lookin after his seat. We all know he wants the top job at the GFA.

euro Hibby
13-09-2017, 08:51 AM
If it is a question of money to be raised for fans to push for an independent enquiry, I am sure celtic could fun anyone wishing to go on that long road. I for one, will be watching the game beemed live on Hibs TV as always.
I am a fan.

MyJo
13-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Reeks of RP lookin after his seat. We all know he wants the top job at the GFA.

Maybe that's the plan?

What better way to improve transparancy and sporting integrity within the SFA and scottish football than from the inside.

Even if we supported an indepdendant enquiry there is little chance it will happen if Regan and those with things to hide within the SFA don't allow it.
We aren't going to be able to punish Rangers any more than we already have and stripping titles from them will result in one long, expensive court case after another while the huns fight it all of which will continue to show scottish football in a poor light.

Hibs statement talks about making things better in the future, what if that involves Petrie taking the reigns at the SFA and enacting the changes that most football fans want to see in that organisation from a position of power?

If Hibs and Petrie stand as dissenting voices against the SFA in a futile challenge it could prevent him from getting there.

As much as people dislike Petrie he certainly isn't a daft individual and given his "sporting integrity" stance when dealing with Rangers re-entry to the leagues in 2012 i think its entirely plausible that he see's himself as the man to sort out the SFA and want to put himself in a position to do that.

inglisavhibs
13-09-2017, 12:47 PM
I'll be there Saturday. However, I do think the bridges that have been built over the last 3 seasons between the board and the fans have been damaged by this statement. Reeks of RP lookin after his seat. We all know he wants the top job at the GFA.

So you know do you? Some, maybe most think the board have done very well for our club and this statement won't make any difference. Just an opinion.

NAE NOOKIE
13-09-2017, 04:21 PM
At home to the mighty Rochdale. Great match not to go to :wink:

I've been looking forward to not going to this game for ages ..... its good to know other Hibs fans wont be at this one as well, can anybody recommend a pub we wont meet up in before not going to the stadium :aok:

killie-hibby
13-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Maybe that's the plan?

What better way to improve transparancy and sporting integrity within the SFA and scottish football than from the inside.

Even if we supported an indepdendant enquiry there is little chance it will happen if Regan and those with things to hide within the SFA don't allow it.
We aren't going to be able to punish Rangers any more than we already have and stripping titles from them will result in one long, expensive court case after another while the huns fight it all of which will continue to show scottish football in a poor light.

Hibs statement talks about making things better in the future, what if that involves Petrie taking the reigns at the SFA and enacting the changes that most football fans want to see in that organisation from a position of power?

If Hibs and Petrie stand as dissenting voices against the SFA in a futile challenge it could prevent him from getting there.

As much as people dislike Petrie he certainly isn't a daft individual and given his "sporting integrity" stance when dealing with Rangers re-entry to the leagues in 2012 i think its entirely plausible that he see's himself as the man to sort out the SFA and want to put himself in a position to do that.

My take on the Boards statement are similar to yours. Trojan Horse scenario?

Jamesconnolly
13-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Who gives a flying **** about rangers,Glasgow rangers,rangers 2012 or Huns United? It's about our club.with this statement our club is moving on from a situation that will never be settled.why waste time greeting about a situation that is nothing to do with us anymore let's back the club and sort out the Huns on the pitch.lets face it when was the last time if ever 'sporting integrity'and football could be mentioned in the same sentence.i hate the Huns but am sick of all this crap bring on Motherwell

HibbyKeith
13-09-2017, 09:31 PM
After watching some of the pish on the pitch we've all had to endure over the years, there's not a hope in hell that I'm missing out watching the exciting, talented squad of players that we have at our disposal now.

If that makes me a happy clapper then my hands are going to be pretty sore.

I'd have preferred the club backed an enquiry, I don't agree at all with the board's decision. But Hibernian should run deeper than that for all of us. There's nothing another club has or can do that will stop me going to watch my team.

See you all on Saturday and again the following Tuesday
:hibees

One Day Soon
13-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Anyone hoping/expecting/believing there will be a significant difference in crowd size on Saturday over this stuff is going to be sorely disappointed.

SirDavidsNapper
13-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Who gives a flying **** about rangers,Glasgow rangers,rangers 2012 or Huns United? It's about our club.with this statement our club is moving on from a situation that will never be settled.why waste time greeting about a situation that is nothing to do with us anymore let's back the club and sort out the Huns on the pitch.lets face it when was the last time if ever 'sporting integrity'and football could be mentioned in the same sentence.i hate the Huns but am sick of all this crap bring on Motherwell

This. Let's just continue pumping the huns every time we play them. That'll do me nicely.

Sir David Gray
13-09-2017, 11:35 PM
I genuinely cannot get my head around the idea that people might choose not to attend the game on Saturday because they disagree with the board about a statement that they put out regarding the affairs of another club.

Someone will need to explain that one to me again.

houstonhibbee
14-09-2017, 02:13 AM
I genuinely cannot get my head around the idea that people might choose not to attend the game on Saturday because they disagree with the board about a statement that they put out regarding the affairs of another club.

Someone will need to explain that one to me again.

I think you've answered your own question. The fact that you can't get your head around it is only something you can sort out

I think what you are trying saying is that you dont agree with that choice of expressing disagreement with the Board's stance - which is fair enough. That's all that you needed to say.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2017, 08:43 AM
I think you've answered your own question. The fact that you can't get your head around it is only something you can sort out

I think what you are trying saying is that you dont agree with that choice of expressing disagreement with the Board's stance - which is fair enough. That's all that you needed to say.

I thought my comment was fairly self explanatory.

The idea that someone would deliberately avoid going to a match because of a board statement is verging into the realms of ludicrousy.

I cannot understand that mindset and I was asking if someone could explain that to me.

If you can't then that's ok I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case!

drkhibs
14-09-2017, 09:07 AM
This thread has descended into repetitive pish...

You either agree, disagree or could not give a monkey's about the board statement.

Lets move on and support the team to a much needed 3 points on Saturday.

GGTTH

DarlingtonHibee
14-09-2017, 09:44 AM

You either agree, disagree or could not give a monkey's about the board statement.

GGTTH

This

cleanyman
14-09-2017, 09:46 AM
I'll be doing my usual.

Finish work at 1. Run to Hyndland. Hopefully make the 1.14 then run for the 1.30 at Queen Street station. If I miss the 1.14 which is one in every three I'd say I can slowly walk for the 1.45 to Edinburgh but that means I get in at 2.38 which then means I have to bolt down to God's Palace.

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Iain G
14-09-2017, 09:50 AM
I thought my comment was fairly self explanatory.

The idea that someone would deliberately avoid going to a match because of a board statement is verging into the realms of ludicrousy.

I cannot understand that mindset and I was asking if someone could explain that to me.

If you can't then that's ok I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case!

Fully in agreement, why a board statement would impact on the support for the team on the pitch makes no sense to me :agree:

DarlingtonHibee
14-09-2017, 09:51 AM
10am start for me and the lad. Train to Berwick then bus. Must be doing work on the track, we get back at 9.30pm, can't wait, first game of the season. Ggtth

Ozyhibby
14-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Has anybody on this thread actually said they are not going back? Every single post seems to be someone saying its a disgrace if people are not going back etc. This boycott seems to exist only in people's imaginations.
The crowd on Saturday will be unaffected by the statement.
By Saturday night there will be posters on here crowing about how the boycott (which only existed in their imaginations anyway) had failed. It's a a strange thread.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Has anybody on this thread actually said they are not going back? Every single post seems to be someone saying its a disgrace if people are not going back etc. This boycott seems to exist only in people's imaginations.
The crowd on Saturday will be unaffected by the statement.
By Saturday night there will be posters on here crowing about how the boycott (which only existed in their imaginations anyway) had failed. It's a a strange thread.

Agree. Just wish some would think before they post

danhibees1875
14-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Agree. Just wish some would think before they post

So you think it's acceptable that everyone is boycotting do you?

:wink:

jgl07
14-09-2017, 12:02 PM

GGTTH
True!

While the admins are at it, close down the other threads on this topic (Final Nail in the Petrie Coffin, Are You Happy with the Hibs' Statement on EBT enquiry, etc., etc.) that seem to be being nurtured by undercover Yams and conatin much the same arguments.

Smartie
14-09-2017, 12:14 PM
I don't think it is acceptable to boycott and I'll be there on Saturday, in spite of the fact that I am very unhappy with this decision.

The problem I have is that I honestly, genuinely don't think that the board give a flying one what we think, as long as we're pitching up and buying our tickets. We can make banners, sing songs, release statements and start petitions Sevco-style - they will not give two hoots.

The only thing that I think would make the Hibs board listen to our thoughts would be if we stopped buying tickets, which is not in anyone's interests and something that none of us want to do.

Lots of excellent work has been done by Hibs over the past few years but I have never really felt like a valued customer whose opinion genuinely counts.

(Although as has been discussed elsewhere - we have a big, diverse support, with a diverse set of opinions. The board can never keep everyone happy, especially on a subject as emotive as the EBT one. I respect the fact that they cannot listen to everyone and respond accordingly. So I suppose I'm just going to have to shut up and enjoy the football).

JeMeSouviens
14-09-2017, 12:17 PM
True!

While the admins are at it, close down the other threads on this topic (Final Nail in the Petrie Coffin, Are You Happy with the Hibs' Statement on EBT enquiry, etc., etc.) that seem to be being nurtured by undercover Yams and conatin much the same arguments.

One of the worst posts I've seen on here in many a year.

JeMeSouviens
14-09-2017, 12:22 PM
I don't think it is acceptable to boycott and I'll be there on Saturday, in spite of the fact that I am very unhappy with this decision.

The problem I have is that I honestly, genuinely don't think that the board give a flying one what we think, as long as we're pitching up and buying our tickets. We can make banners, sing songs, release statements and start petitions Sevco-style - they will not give two hoots.

The only thing that I think would make the Hibs board listen to our thoughts would be if we stopped buying tickets, which is not in anyone's interests and something that none of us want to do.

Lots of excellent work has been done by Hibs over the past few years but I have never really felt like a valued customer whose opinion genuinely counts.

(Although as has been discussed elsewhere - we have a big, diverse support, with a diverse set of opinions. The board can never keep everyone happy, especially on a subject as emotive as the EBT one. I respect the fact that they cannot listen to everyone and respond accordingly. So I suppose I'm just going to have to shut up and enjoy the football).

:agree:

I don't think a boycott is desirable or would be effective. Having said that, I can understand anyone that feels a bit disillusioned with a Scottish football landscape where we're expected to believe in fairy stories about "companies that operate clubs" and cheats are proclaimed champions with the "authorities" knowingly backing them up.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2017, 12:28 PM
So you think it's acceptable that everyone is boycotting do you?

:wink:

😳

Beefster
15-09-2017, 02:18 PM

GGTTH

I think it's customary to contribute to a community before starting to make policy requests.

weecounty hibby
15-09-2017, 06:56 PM
I don't agree with the direction that the board have gone on this at all. But I do understand why they would go down that route. Throughout my career I have had to deliver strategy messages that weren't necessarily good news for some within the business and I may not have agreed with them but ultimately were the right decision for the wider business. We all wanted the Hun to be punished for the cheating and they most certainly did cheat but removing titles won't benefit Hibs. We probably all wanted an independent inquiry but again how would Hibs benefit from this? Maybe it is time to move on and focus on Hibs and to continue to move forward as we have done in the last three years. I still trust Leanne and actually Petrie to do the best for Hibs. I know this view won't be popular with some and I'm sure that my good friend Spike Mandela of this board will give me pelters for it but it's my opinion that we have had boards that have made decisions that have harmed Hibs in the past but this isn't one of them

Cardinal G
16-09-2017, 08:52 AM
10am start for me and the lad. Train to Berwick then bus. Must be doing work on the track, we get back at 9.30pm, can't wait, first game of the season. Ggtth

Aye I noticed the train berwick then to bus to edinburgh when I was booking up six weeks ago, i live in Gateshead so take a punt on matches not being changed. Didnt fancy the extended journey so just driving up today for a change.