PDA

View Full Version : Final nail in the Petrie coffin

IanM
11-09-2017, 05:38 PM
You can take your two fans reps with you

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 05:39 PM

If that's the case then surely dempster goes as well then?

Brightside
11-09-2017, 05:40 PM

:rolleyes:

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Ffs....

marinello59
11-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Sevco will be loving this, all the anger being turned in on ourselves.
Sevco cheated so let's de-stabilise our own club and turn on the fans reps when there is zero evidence that they have done anything wrong.

SirDavidsNapper
11-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Time to move on ffs

IanM
11-09-2017, 05:43 PM
I'm allowed my opinion. They've been asked for weeks on a stance. If they've been silenced then what's the point

Green-Hibee-7
11-09-2017, 05:44 PM
To be honest, that was my thoughts to.

It was the obvious comparison to make that he would have had an influence on that decision/statement. Whether he did or didn't I have no idea. Can't fault the OP's sentiments tbh.

As I said should have kept our mouths shut.

CropleyWasGod
I'm allowed my opinion. They've been asked for weeks on a stance. If they've been silenced then what's the point

The statement explained why the delay happened. I don't think any fan would disagree with the prioritising of improving the squad.

.Sean.
I've backed him in the past but he can GTF now any time he fancies as far as I'm concerned. He couldn't have patronised us any more with that statement if he'd tried.

And if the fans reps have backed that then they'd be aswell as calling it a day aswell.

Honestly canny mind ever being as raging as I am with the club right now.

Smartie
11-09-2017, 05:45 PM

Ffs....

To be fair, they either agree with the position Hibs have taken and go with the party line or they don't. If they don't, their position should be untenable, and they should walk. If I was a fans' rep I'd walk over this.

Petrie can gtf as far as I'm concerned.

But as long as he has his coffers swollen by our cash, he'll be smirking from beneath his 'tache from the directors box.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Scottish football no better than wrestling, and Petrie with the rest of the cheats condone it.

Yet come April next year, when the ads for season tickets are out, you can bet none of this will be mentioned, and it will be come get your seat for next seasons exciting season.

Exciting my arse, rigged, fixed aye, gutless frightened of their own shadows Hibs custodians are part of this problem now, along with Rangers.

hibee_nation
11-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Sevco will be loving this, all the anger being turned in on ourselves.
Sevco cheated so let's de-stabilise our own club and turn on the fans reps when there is zero evidence that they have done anything wrong.

They will be loving it as it's shown us up as gutless to take them and the SFA heading on. They truly are the people and this just proves it. Sad days.

CapitalGreen
11-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Depends if the fate of Glasgow Rangers is the be all and end all for you as a Hibs fan. Personally for me I'm far more interested in our playing squad, increased attendances and hopefully getting back to winning ways on Saturday against Motherwell.

Amongst my group of Hibs supporting mates I can't remember the last time the topic of Rangers was discussed.I'm not sure it's as such a big deal outside the twitter/forums bubble.

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Surely if people are wanting Petrie gone dempster would also have to go? She also sits on the board.

IanM
11-09-2017, 05:48 PM
If that's the case then surely dempster goes as well then?

no Stuart. happy with LD, she's been a revelation since joining but does have to carry some responsibility. Just not as much as Petrie. For me anyway

marinello59
11-09-2017, 05:48 PM
To be fair, they either agree with the position Hibs have taken and go with the party line or they don't. If they don't, their position should be untenable, and they should walk. If I was a fans' rep I'd walk over this.

Petrie can gtf as far as I'm concerned.

But as long as he has his coffers swollen by our cash, he'll be smirking from beneath his 'tache from the directors box.

How is their position untenable? If they don't agree then they would be better remaining in position continuing to make their case than flouncing off in a huff.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Petrie has self interest in all of this and it stinks. He wants the top job at the sfa. He will now get it.

IanM
The statement explained why the delay happened. I don't think any fan would disagree with the prioritising of improving the squad.

I totally agree but why didn't the fans reps come on here again and simply explain that? You can't help feel they've been silenced. And if not then they're not doing their roles very well

DarlingtonHibee
Wtf does it matter to Hibernian FC,let's focus on our club.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 05:51 PM

They have explained as well as the Hearts board did about the stadium delay when we know it's a crock of ****. Club have taken the wrong stance on this and it will suffer on and off the park.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 05:53 PM

Are you kidding? The club, the suppprt and players we had at the time have all been ****ed over by them. Now we say "aye it doesn't matter" yeah it does. The Huns cheated and blighted the game we all put money into. Think of how many times they have had all the decisions, hammering us with players they couldn't afford, gloating about taking our players. It's simply not good enough.

CapitalGreen
11-09-2017, 05:54 PM
They have explained as well as the Hearts board did about the stadium delay when we know it's a crock of ****. Club have taken the wrong stance on this and it will suffer on and off the park.

In your opinion, not everybody agrees with the continual pursuing of Rangers. Just because there is some 'loud voices' on this forum don't assume it's the opinion of all fans.

MWHIBBIES
11-09-2017, 05:57 PM

Only those looking for an excuse not to go will use this as an excuse not to go. Club will be just fine, it is in great hands and everything in looking good.

BoomtownHibees

It should matter massively to Hibernian FC

DarlingtonHibee
Are you kidding? The club, the suppprt and players we had at the time have all been ****ed over by them. Now we say "aye it doesn't matter" yeah it does. The Huns cheated and blighted the game we all put money into. Think of how many times they have had all the decisions, hammering us with players they couldn't afford, gloating about taking our players. It's simply not good enough.

What difference does it make now, I hate them as much as anyone else. That club is dead. I'd rather we focused on Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2017, 05:58 PM
I'm a look forward kind of guy so have no real axe to grind over this.

Smartie
11-09-2017, 05:59 PM
How is their position untenable? If they don't agree then they would be better remaining in position continuing to make their case than flouncing off in a huff.

This statement appears final - there is no more case to be made, Hibs have declared their position.

The board, the fans reps, the manager, the players, me - we're all part of this and have to decide whether or not we want to be.

I don't know how the fans' reps feel about this so I can't really pre-judge their position.

It's a pretty clear cut choice though and there is no middle ground or fence to sit on.

Although in fairness to the fans' reps - they might have a bit more info on this matter, such as what exactly Petrie's exposure might have been if someone did a bit of digging into the "5-way-agreement".

Steve20
11-09-2017, 05:59 PM
It's about one of the things Petrie has right. Time to move on. FFS, there's even folk on the other thread worried what Celtic think. Really is so much Celtic loving on this site it's unreal.

Move on. Get over it. Most important thing is we get back to winning on Saturday. Concentrate on Hibs winning, not how to punish Rangers and making Celtic happy.

****** Rangers. ****** Celtic. GGTTH!!!

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 06:00 PM
It's about one of the things Petrie has right. Time to move on. FFS, there's even folk on the other thread worried what Celtic think. Really is so much Celtic loving on this site it's unreal.

Move on. Get over it. Most important thing is we get back to winning on Saturday. Concentrate on Hibs winning, not how to punish Rangers and making Celtic happy.

This

Smartie
11-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Only those looking for an excuse not to go will use this as an excuse not to go. Club will be just fine, it is in great hands and everything in looking good.

This is the only reason I have not to go.

I've paid for my season ticket. I love everything that Hibs are doing on and off the park.

I don't have confidence in the Scottish football authorities to govern in a fair and even-handed manner and I would like to see an independent inquiry into the Rangers fiasco. If the inquiry finds out (as I'm pretty sure it will) that there isn't a legal way to strip titles then that is fair enough.

But the inquiry must still be held, we must give the fans who buy tickets to watch these competitions confidence that these competitions have integrity.

I'm aggrieved that I paid as much as I did for season tickets to watch a rigged competition, but I'm prepared to "move on" as long as I am confident that lessons have been learned.

Hibs have disrespected their own fans who have shelled out good money to them in the past. They are taking a gamble that they will continue to receive that money.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:05 PM
In your opinion, not everybody agrees with the continual pursuing of Rangers. Just because there is some 'loud voices' on this forum don't assume it's the opinion of all fans.

The fans ****ing hate Rangers and the majority want justice.

Tired of their cheating? All just sit down like a good wee laddie when they come to town next time claiming all the titles they won. I'm gathering you didn't sit through helicopter Sunday watching them win a tainted league at our bit, jumping on the park and spoiling our own end of successful season?

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:07 PM

It's nothing to do with excuses it's about doing the right thing.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:08 PM
What difference does it make now, I hate them as much as anyone else. That club is dead. I'd rather we focused on Hibs.

It matters even more now because they have clearly gotten away with cheating, hiding it all and been caught again. As have the people who bent over backwards for them.

MWHIBBIES
11-09-2017, 06:11 PM
It's nothing to do with excuses it's about doing the right thing.It is about Hibs winning, that is all that matters. Supporting them is the best way for us to help them achieve that.

lyonhibs
11-09-2017, 06:13 PM

This in spades.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:14 PM
It is about Hibs winning, that is all that matters. Supporting them is the best way for us to help them achieve that.

And when we where getting pumped for years off a club that not only cheated but rubbed every last win in our faces, signed our best players and won the league at Easter Road? Just say oh well? Guaranteed some backing the board would take the other stance should Petrie have went the other way. Yet they will be the first to rip the piss out of hearts fans when it comes to Potter and Budge.

Smartie
11-09-2017, 06:15 PM
it is about hibs winning, that is all that matters. Institutional corruption, illegal tax avoidance and improper player registration is the best way for us to help them achieve that.

ftfy

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 06:16 PM
It matters even more now because they have clearly gotten away with cheating, hiding it all and been caught again. As have the people who bent over backwards for them.

OK strip them of 5 titles, what difference does that make to us?

Betty Boop
11-09-2017, 06:17 PM

:agree:

Hibbyradge
11-09-2017, 06:18 PM
:faf:

Feed McGraw
11-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Hibs obviously don`t want to upset The Rangers after the nice things they said about us and their wonderful statement congratulating us after the cup final. :rolleyes:

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:19 PM
So to sum this up, it's a case of:

Cheating - Nothing to do with us, that was the old club

Gains from cheating - Oh, we're still the same club

Hibs, as well as all the other clubs (with the exception of Celtc) think this is ok.

Well that's me not going back anytime soon.

scotia44

Had one celtic fan tell me they won't set foot in ER again so there is an upside to the statement

Firestarter
OK strip them of 5 titles, what difference does that make to us?

It brings massive justice for a start. That last before making an example of a cheating mob who still think they are above the rules. Much better outcome than getting the lube out.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Had one celtic fan tell me they won't set foot in ER again so there is an upside to the statement

Off the pitch and on the pitch this will hurt the club.

green day
11-09-2017, 06:22 PM

Explain that one to me?

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 06:22 PM

How will it hurt the club on the pitch?

marinello59
11-09-2017, 06:23 PM

Aye, the club deciding to focus our energy and money on improving the team is going to really hurt us on the pitch.

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 06:23 PM

Hibs, as well as all the other clubs (with the exception of Celtc) think this is ok.

So you won't support your team because of this?

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:26 PM
So you won't support your team because of this?

I won't support the club. They have shown themselves to be part of the problem. I won't be part of that and i'm sure others won't either. They'll be at least one seat that will remain empty this season.

Blaster
11-09-2017, 06:27 PM
I won't support the club. They have shown themselves to be part of the problem. I won't be part of that and i'm sure others won't either. They'll be at least one seat that will remain empty this season.

Bye bye

Radium
11-09-2017, 06:32 PM
It is about Hibs winning, that is all that matters. Supporting them is the best way for us to help them achieve that.

Winning being all that matters is the genesis of the whole thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inglisavhibs
11-09-2017, 06:38 PM

You do realize that EBT'S were widespread in English Football throughout the same period and the legal experts are still trying to figure it out. None of the clubs there will lose any trophies either. If there was a chance of winning (that is trophies withdrawn and no great cost involved) Hibs would know about it. Their stance doesn't mean they agree with what went on, it just says that we now have to concentrate on the matters that affect Hibs now. On another note why were there not cries for the board to step down for the other cheating clubs in Scotland? Amazing how our fans are so quick blast the club, opinions are fine but threats!

JimBHibees
11-09-2017, 06:39 PM

:greengrin

inglisavhibs
11-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Scottish football no better than wrestling, and Petrie with the rest of the cheats condone it.

Yet come April next year, when the ads for season tickets are out, you can bet none of this will be mentioned, and it will be come get your seat for next seasons exciting season.

Exciting my arse, rigged, fixed aye, gutless frightened of their own shadows Hibs custodians are part of this problem now, along with Rangers.
To be fair EBT's were far more widely used in English football (they thought they were legal at that time) so to single out Scottish football on this matter is wide of the mark.

Johnr17
11-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Not another penny from me. Petrie can go with the rest of corrupt cabal.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:45 PM
You do realize that EBT'S were widespread in English Football throughout the same period and the legal experts are still trying to figure it out. None of the clubs there will lose any trophies either. If there was a chance of winning (that is trophies withdrawn and no great cost involved) Hibs would know about it. Their stance doesn't mean they agree with what went on, it just says that we now have to concentrate on the matters that affect Hibs now. On another note why were there not cries for the board to step down for the other cheating clubs in Scotland? Amazing how our fans are so quick blast the club, opinions are fine but threats!

Because it wasn't just about the EBT'S. Their wrong doings ran deeper than that. But it's all being swept under the carpet.

carnoustiehibee
11-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Why not contact all season ticket holders and get a consensus of opinion that way.. stinker of a statement that.

Brightside
11-09-2017, 06:52 PM

I bet it doesnt

jgl07
11-09-2017, 06:54 PM
The loonies really are in full flight today.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:58 PM
The loonies really are in full flight today.

High up on their jets with our money.

Bostonhibby
11-09-2017, 06:59 PM
It is about Hibs winning, that is all that matters. Supporting them is the best way for us to help them achieve that.I do agree of course but I think we'd have a far better chance of winning if we're playing on a level playing field against teams that haven't been fiddling the rules like the now defunct Glasgow rangers didn't, and getting away with it.

I don't have confidence that the current encumbents at the SFA and SPFL are up to it or will change.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 06:59 PM

Bye

stantonhibby
11-09-2017, 07:02 PM

Don't suppose you could extend your departure from supporting Hibs to this board as well ?

Hibbyradge
11-09-2017, 07:03 PM
These threads are keepers.

The sheer quality of the hysterical hyperbolic nonsense in some of these posts should be preserved for future generations to come.

Mainly for their amusement.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 07:07 PM
"I hate our Board more than you".

Thats the essence of this thread. Folk competing to be the most outraged at this 'injustice'.

What a load of BS. Get over yourselves and stop acting as if you're speaking for 1000s of others. You're not. You're voicing your own opinion and nowt else.

Loads of of empty seats and a drop in ST sales next year? Presumably leading to the predicted Armageddon we were all warned about?

No chance. More likely you'll have forgotten all about it and will be there cheering your team on as you have done for the last 5 years.

keep the faith
11-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Definitely this!!!

wookie70
11-09-2017, 07:09 PM
I think the fans reps should explain what position they took as it is us they are representing. I have no issue if they made it clear that they wanted Rangers to pay for the cheating but didn't persuade the Board and then had to adopt the majority view. I will be very disappointed if they sat on their hands or agreed with the sentiments of the statement before that majority view was released. The fans view, on here at least, would appear to be contrary to the boards.

CropleyWasGod
11-09-2017, 07:12 PM
I think the fans reps should explain what position they took as it is us they are representing. I have no issue if they made it clear that they wanted Rangers to pay for the cheating but didn't persuade the Board and then had to adopt the majority view. I will be very disappointed if they sat on their hands or agreed with the sentiments of the statement before that majority view was released. The fans view, on here at least, would appear to be contrary to the boards.It's a collective decision, so you won't get individual directors doing that.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Board will be aware of the detailed legal advice that the SPFL received. We aren't.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Smartie
11-09-2017, 07:14 PM
I think the fans reps should explain what position they took as it is us they are representing. I have no issue if they made it clear that they wanted Rangers to pay for the cheating but didn't persuade the Board and then had to adopt the majority view. I will be very disappointed if they sat on their hands or agreed with the sentiments of the statement before that majority view was released. The fans view, on here at least, would appear to be contrary to the boards.

The "unanimous" in the board's decision would suggest that they fully support it.

They now have to fight it out with those of us who disagree.

To be fair to them, the communication is a 2-way street - they take our views to the board, and will come back to us with the board's views. They might eventually convince us of the merits of this decision.

Although - anyone else think Amit dodged a bullet here? Got a nice couple of years and the Scottish Cup.

I don't fancy Frank or Tracey's much right now, that's for sure.........

Ronniekirk
11-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Hibs obviously don`t want to upset The Rangers after the nice things they said about us and their wonderful statement congratulating us after the cup final. :rolleyes:

It would be good to know if we eventually got a written or verbal apology from The Rangers after their Lies and witch hunt against our Club If we didn't and and there is. now a line drawn under this whole episode Then The Rangers will see it as thier victory as they threatened everyone long enough nothing further would happen to them
I have no problem backing the Club and The Team ,but i have seen nothing from The Rangers showing any insight into how pissed off other Clubs have been about their behaviour and my worry would be they will continue to take advantage of the lack of Governance and Leadership in the future
They appear to have learnt nothing from this and i wouldn't trust them
Would love to beat them in every game we play them this Season That would send out a message to them

DavidDavidGray
11-09-2017, 07:19 PM

Bye

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Petrie won't care what any Hibs fan thinks of the statement.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Explain that one to me?

Clubs we deal with will be less inclined to. It's that simple.

wookie70
11-09-2017, 07:30 PM
The "unanimous" in the board's decision would suggest that they fully support it.

They now have to fight it out with those of us who disagree.

To be fair to them, the communication is a 2-way street - they take our views to the board, and will come back to us with the board's views. They might eventually convince us of the merits of this decision.

Although - anyone else think Amit dodged a bullet here? Got a nice couple of years and the Scottish Cup.

I don't fancy Frank or Tracey's much right now, that's for sure.........

It tells us what way they voted it doesn't tell us what fans views they represented. If they are there just saying what they as individuals think then that is a waste of time. We should have known before they walked in what view they were representing because they should have been speaking to us, collecting that view and given the delay in the statement there was plenty time to do that. If the evidence was such that they felt compelled to vote with the board then that is fine too, I just want to know what fans view was represented and where they got the view from and why they voted with the board. As far as I am concerned justice is always worth fighting for regardless of legal advice.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 07:30 PM
These threads are keepers.

The sheer quality of the hysterical hyperbolic nonsense in some of these posts should be preserved for future generations to come.

Mainly for their amusement.

I agree. We ar' a peepul.

CropleyWasGod
11-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Clubs we deal with will be less inclined to. It's that simple.Assuming that these are clubs in favour of an independent review, you're suggesting that (because of our stance), they won't want 1. Our cash or 2. Our players.

Yeah?

wookie70
11-09-2017, 07:52 PM
It's a collective decision, so you won't get individual directors doing that.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Board will be aware of the detailed legal advice that the SPFL received. We aren't.

I would agree with this when it is a collective decision and the board members are representing themselves but the fans reps vote is really ours and I want to know what position they took before voting and more importantly why they took that position. If they spoke to a good number of fans, conducted polls, posted on social media and the fans feelings were generally in tune with the boards then that is great but I have no idea what they thought only the way they voted.

My big issue is I have no idea on this, or other matters, what view they take to the board or how they decide on what view to take. If it is their own view then I think it is a total waste of time. I certainly don'y envy Frank or Tracey as they are in a bit of a damned if they do situation but it is not helped by the fact we don't really know what way we are being represented and that is partly their fault.

Paisley Hibby

What a daft response. Petrie has been great for our club. I know, tin hat on...but I really believe that.

jacomo

Yeah we are. Advice here:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-press-release-84/

jacomo
11-09-2017, 07:55 PM
The big problem here is the LNS Commission.

You might well ask how on earth they found that the EBTs gave Rangers 'no sporting advantage'. An inquiry would be very welcome.

But that is where we are.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 07:57 PM
The big problem here is the LNS Commission.

You might well ask how on earth they found that the EBTs gave Rangers 'no sporting advantage'. An inquiry would be very welcome.

But that is where we are.

Perhaps the EBTs helped them to secure Sebo? :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
11-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Yeah we are. Advice here:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-press-release-84/Ah...missed that. Cheers. [emoji4]

I agree about LNS. That was a weird conclusion. I do wonder now, in the light of the final EBT decision, if he's had second thoughts.

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 07:59 PM
What a daft response. Petrie has been great for our club. I know, tin hat on...but I really believe that.

This and STF,and now LD

Smartie
11-09-2017, 08:00 PM

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

My opinion will always be the same - Petrie is a mixed bag. He has had appalling lows and made terrible mistakes at Hibs. He has had some highs, the highest of which we thought we might never see, and we should never forget the fact that he was the man at the top when it happened. He's also had everything in between.

I don't think today is his finest hour, I think this approach is a mistake, and I think it has his grubby paw prints all over it.

I had heard that behind closed doors, when the Sevco fudge was being carried out, that Petrie was very vocal that titles should be stripped at the time. He took a very dim view of what Rangers had done and wanted them punished, hard.

He was part of some big decisions though, consensus was reached, and he has to abide by the joint decisions.

I wonder if Petrie might feel he had no choice other than to take this approach, much as it may not be the one that he naturally favours? He will, of course, be party to more information than any of us, quite possibly more information than just about anyone. he knows where the bodies are buried, as they say.

kaimendhibs
11-09-2017, 08:01 PM
In all other sports, eg, cycling, athletics, tennis cheats have the titles stripped. Only Scottish football is so ****in corrupt not to

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jacomo
11-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Ah...missed that. Cheers. [emoji4]

I agree about LNS. That was a weird conclusion. I do wonder now, in the light of the final EBT decision, if he's had second thoughts.

I wonder if the guy realised he was duped by the GFA.

As far as I am aware, LNS knows and cares little for football - a working man's pursuit operating below his orbit. They no doubt helped him 'to understand' the issues at stake. The perfect patsy to give the decision the GFA wanted.

Borderhibbie76
11-09-2017, 08:13 PM

****** Rangers. ****** Celtic. GGTTH!!!Jeez not often I find myself agreeing with your posts but 100% spot on here [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
11-09-2017, 08:15 PM
I won't support the club. They have shown themselves to be part of the problem. I won't be part of that and i'm sure others won't either. They'll be at least one seat that will remain empty this season.Bye then [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Feed McGraw
11-09-2017, 08:16 PM
It would be good to know if we eventually got a written or verbal apology from The Rangers after their Lies and witch hunt against our Club If we didn't and and there is. now a line drawn under this whole episode Then The Rangers will see it as thier victory as they threatened everyone long enough nothing further would happen to them
I have no problem backing the Club and The Team ,but i have seen nothing from The Rangers showing any insight into how pissed off other Clubs have been about their behaviour and my worry would be they will continue to take advantage of the lack of Governance and Leadership in the future
They appear to have learnt nothing from this and i wouldn't trust them
Would love to beat them in every game we play them this Season That would send out a message to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk They`ve had plenty to apologize for over the years Ronnie, but I don`t think apologies sit very easy with them. They would have to admit their lies if they apologized to Hibs and the truth doesn`t sit easy with them either.

Jones28
11-09-2017, 08:20 PM

This

ancient hibee
11-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Garbage.

Hibeesforever
11-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Hibernian football club are an embarrassment tonight. We called for sporting integrity and were then the first to throw in the towel for justice. Rangers cheated but were never punished. Side letters proved this.

CathroMustStay
11-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Petrie is a spineless charlatan, always has been and always will be.

Ronniekirk
11-09-2017, 08:35 PM
They`ve had plenty to apologize for over the years Ronnie, but I don`t think apologies sit very easy with them. They would have to admit their lies if they apologized to Hibs and the truth doesn`t sit easy with them either.

And thats what sticks in ma craw as they say

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 08:46 PM

Have you been chairman of a club?

sleeping giant
11-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Have you been chairman of a club?

:faf:

Wtf ?

BegbieHSC
11-09-2017, 09:04 PM
If Petrie is to remain as Hibs Chairman, he must resign from the SFA. Far too many conflicts of interests, and that statement just reaffirms that as long as he is rubbing shoulders with the SFA heid honchos, we as a club remain in Regan's back pocket.

Leave the SFA, or leave Hibs! Your choice, Rod.

Stay on as both, and I will be firmly placed in the Petrie Out camp!

Hibbyradge
11-09-2017, 09:09 PM

There are a bunch of stupid posts on this, and the other, thread, but that's up there with the stupidest.

Spineless is about the last adjective you could use about Rod Petrie.

Peevemor
11-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Petrie is a spineless charlatan, always has been and always will be.Nonsense. He was one of the first to speak out against Rangers when they went tits up.

Cropley10
11-09-2017, 09:16 PM

The whole game is governed by the SFA to ensure Rangers prevail. Everything we've seen since 2012 proves that.

I dont one want to punish Rangers I want a governing body I can trust to run the game for my kids and grandkids.

Cropley10
11-09-2017, 09:22 PM

Ah the legal advice angle. Except this all has the legal status of your local golf club.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Nonsense. He was one of the first to speak out against Rangers when they went tits up.

He flexes his muscles when he doesn't have to throw any punches, then bottles it when there's a meaningful opportunity. He is a shrewed, cold calculated businessman who knew that talking down Rangers at the time was a great publicity stunt to get Hibs fans on his side and drive up sales. He has now calculated that Full ST sales are done and dusted this season and that his lack of action against The Rangers will have blown over by the time half ST sales are up for grabs.

brianmc
11-09-2017, 09:23 PM
The whole game is governed by the SFA to ensure Rangers prevail. Everything we've seen since 2012 proves that.

I dont one want to punish Rangers I want a governing body I can trust to run the game for my kids and grandkids.

**** me!! They're not doing a very good job then are they?
Have you seen how far behind Celtc they are??

Peevemor
11-09-2017, 09:23 PM
He flexes his muscles when he doesn't have to throw any punches, then bottles it when there's a meaningful opportunity. He is a shrewed, cold calculated businessman who knew that talking down Rangers at the time was a great publicity stunt to get Hibs fans on his side and drive up sales. He has now calculated that Full ST sales are done and dusted this season and that his lack of action against The Rangers will have blown over by the time half ST sales are up for grabs.Aye, fine.

Basildon Hibs
11-09-2017, 09:28 PM
He flexes his muscles when he doesn't have to throw any punches, then bottles it when there's a meaningful opportunity. He is a shrewed, cold calculated businessman who knew that talking down Rangers at the time was a great publicity stunt to get Hibs fans on his side and drive up sales. He has now calculated that Full ST sales are done and dusted this season and that his lack of action against The Rangers will have blown over by the time half ST sales are up for grabs.

Aye. He'll be hoping it does. Fans have long memories. He may have done more long term damage to the club than he realises. What an idiot of a man.😣

Cropley10
11-09-2017, 09:28 PM
**** me!! They're not doing a very good job then are they?
Have you seen how far behind Celtc they are??

Look up the word "prevail" Brian.

Look at their consecutive number of home cup ties, the Five Way Agreement, the Bryson defence at the Tax case, the UEFA license in 2011/12. The way they're financed now.

Or step away from the keyboard.

Hibbyradge
11-09-2017, 09:30 PM

Wow. You should write novels.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 09:30 PM

Do you actually believe that or are you having a wee tantrum?

Take a breath and read it again. I mean, really??

That's proper tin foil hat stuff.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Wow. You should write novels.

Just like Petrie, your posts are equally as calculated. You've been ramping up the "move on" rhetoric on here over the past few weeks. Obviously knowing full well what the club statement was going to be before it was released to the public.

Do you actually believe that

Yes I do. He's a professional business man. His brain works like a calculator. Not sure how you can call it "tin foil hat" stuff, when he has shown this to be the case time and time again. Every choice he makes is right on the money.

11-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Just like Petrie, your posts are equally as calculated. You've been ramping up the "move on" rhetoric on here over the past few weeks. Obviously knowing full well what the club statement was going to be before it was released to the public.

Yes I do. He's a professional business man. His brain works like a calculator. Not sure how you can call it "tin foil hat" stuff, when he has shown this to be the case time and time again. Every choice he makes is right on the money.

Jesus Christ.

Pete
11-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Do you actually believe that or are you having a wee tantrum?

Take a breath and read it again. I mean, really??

That's proper tin foil hat stuff.

Lots of wee tantrums tonight.

Good old social media. A platform where the even the meekest of individuals can be someone worth listening to by trying their hardest in the "who can be the most upset" competition.

Things that, in the past, would normally blow over now gather momentum at a frightening pace. I'm just waiting on someone coming up the inside straight suggesting a boycott.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 09:42 PM
Lots of wee tantrums tonight.

Good old social media. A platform where the even the meekest of individuals can be someone worth listening to by trying their hardest in the "who can be the most upset" competition.

Things that, in the past, would normally blow over now gather momentum at a frightening pace. I'm just waiting on someone coming up the inside straight suggesting a boycott.

You know why this game has never changed for the better? Because every problem with it has always "blown over" in the past.

Pete
11-09-2017, 09:53 PM
You know why this game has never changed for the better? Because every problem with it has always "blown over" in the past.

I'm sure the modern phenomenon that is disproportionate campaigns fuelled by internet rage will start solving all our problems.

tamig
11-09-2017, 09:54 PM

What pish. Anyone seeking a chance of justice is a Celtic sympathiser now?

SunshineOnLeith
11-09-2017, 09:55 PM
It's a conspiracy.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 09:55 PM
I'm sure the modern phenomenon that is disproportionate campaigns fuelled by internet rage will start solving all our problems.

No. Only meaningful action will do that. Hoping it will all "blow over" once again certainly won't solve anything either.

majorhibs
11-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Some really pompous, pompous asses on this thread.

inglisavhibs
11-09-2017, 10:11 PM
There are a bunch of stupid posts on this, and the other, thread, but that's up there with the stupidest.

correct.

The Modfather
11-09-2017, 10:13 PM

Self serving is probably a better adjective for Petrie.

Pete
11-09-2017, 10:16 PM
No. Only meaningful action will do that. Hoping it will all "blow over" once again certainly won't solve anything either.

I'm sure anyone who takes any form of action does so because they think it's meaningful. Unfortunately, today's Information age has made it easy for anyone to do so, regardless of their knowledge or motivation.

Good luck.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 10:18 PM
I'm sure anyone who takes any form of action does so because they think it's meaningful. Unfortunately, today's Information age has made it easy for anyone to do so, regardless of their knowledge or motivation.

Good luck.

Well perhaps you can enlighted me as to what your knowledge and motivation is for wanting a complete continuation of the status quo. Because that's all this is. More of the same.

Pete
11-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Well perhaps you can enlighted me as to what your knowledge and motivation is for wanting a complete continuation of the status quo. Because that's all this is. More of the same.

I don't claim to have any knowledge but my motivation is seeing a strong Hibs backed by a United support. That's only possible if people move on.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 10:23 PM
I don't claim to have any knowledge but my motivation is seeing a strong Hibs backed by a United support. That's only possible if people move on.

I want a strong Hibs backed by a united support playing on a level field. Can't we move on after we level the field first?

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 10:26 PM
The game has been thriving the last few years despite this going on in the background.

We've all been been patting ourselves on the back for high attendances and sticking with the club through the championship.

Plenty other clubs are seeing higher attendances, Hearts new stand, Aberdeen and Dundee on the verge of huge investment in new stadiums and various clubs having cup success since the Rangers fiasco.

Why the doom and gloom? If everything was as corrupt as you say how have Rangers won heehaw when all their pals in the media and SFA are helping them?

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 10:30 PM
The game has been thriving the last few years despite this going on in the background.

We've all been been patting ourselves on the back for high attendances and sticking with the club through the championship.

Plenty other clubs are seeing higher attendances, Hearts new stand, Aberdeen and Dundee on the verge of huge investment in new stadiums and various clubs having cup success since the Rangers fiasco.

Why the doom and gloom? If everything was as corrupt as you say how have Rangers won heehaw when all their pals in the media and SFA are helping them?

Rangers have won heehaw, because they don't exist anymore. "The Rangers" have won the Petrofac Cup. The only cup to their clubs name. But the SFA (and every other club with the exception of Celtic) are happy for them to claim ownership over all the tainted titles stolen by the old clubs cheating.

JeMeSouviens
11-09-2017, 10:31 PM

Do you think all that would have happened if Regan and Doncaster got their way and Sevco had carried on where Rangers left off in 2012?

The relative upturn you describe came about because the fans of all clubs stood up to the corruption and made sure the new club started life at the bottom.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 10:32 PM
See this Rangers or The Rangers chat, can we no just leave it? You knew exactly what I meant.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Do you think all that would have happened if Regan and Doncaster got their way and Sevco had carried on where Rangers left off in 2012?

The relative upturn you describe came about because the fans of all clubs stood up to the corruption and made sure the new club started life at the bottom.

Nope.

Agreed.

Doesn't mean things aren't aren't better now though, I've really enjoyed the last few years supporting Hibs.

Basildon Hibs
11-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Nope.

Agreed.

Doesn't mean things aren't aren't better now though, I've really enjoyed the last few years supporting Hibs.

What? Playing in the second tier...? Aye, ok then.. 😉

JeMeSouviens
11-09-2017, 10:42 PM
Nope.

Agreed.

So have I. But without proper governance, the good times are built on sand.

Pro cycling thought the Lance years were the good times that put the past of Festina etc behind them. They turned blind eyes and "moved on".

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 10:43 PM

Well not quite the bottom..... they had no right being promoted to the 3rd division, considering they were a totally new club with zero connection or liability over Rangers FC 1872-2012. Just as they had no right to claim entitlement over the titles and silverware of the old club.

monktonharp
11-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Only those looking for an excuse not to go will use this as an excuse not to go. Club will be just fine, it is in great hands and everything in looking good.some might take a rather more principled stand, than the view you express

monktonharp
11-09-2017, 11:46 PM

Sent from my SM-A510F using TapatalkI think we are aware of what the statement says, but a lot of people are unhappy of the "unanimous" statement. some have alouded to it being unanimous but we would like the reps to have their say. was it in fact that way?

HoboHarry
12-09-2017, 12:29 AM
Rod Petrie being the target of ridicule from The Clumpany......

https://theclumpany.wordpress.com/

edinburghhibee
12-09-2017, 01:46 AM
Rod Petrie being the target of ridicule from The Clumpany......

https://theclumpany.wordpress.com/

I'd say that's aimed at the club more than rod. He only really gets a mention in the last few lines.

HoboHarry
12-09-2017, 01:47 AM
I'd say that's aimed at the club more than rod. He only really gets a mention in the last few lines.

Yes I know but it was a pretty withering comment aimed at RP - that's all I was meaning.....

Mibbes Aye
12-09-2017, 02:14 AM
I've been posting on here for ten years. In all that time I've seen fairly regular digs at Rod Petrie about his SFA involvement. Seemingly he wants the top job and that he hurts us in order to achieve this?!

Has anyone, anywhere, got any evidence of this or is it just garbage?

Nutmegged
12-09-2017, 05:23 AM

How exactly can an open and transparent independent review of the game be a bad thing for Hibs? how on earth would that divide a support?

We're in the strongest position we have been in for years, the board and fans have been in a good place but this would cement that unity, I agree we need to move on but the only way to do that is by showing the world that the SFA aren't bent, anyone who assumes continuing to sweep this under the carpet will "move us on" are deluded, this has been 5 years now and people are more determined, more clued up and more demanding of the truth than ever before. this won't go away and people who think it will are kidding themselves on.

itslegaltender
12-09-2017, 05:30 AM
Petrie was forced into the Sporting integrity statement as we had circa only 7k season ticket holders and he was going to lose at least Half that the following season if they didn't back the fans.

With money in the bank, 13k season ticket holders, they have calculated that the good will we have towards the club and our optimism after the cup win will outweigh any detrimental feelings we will have to this statement.

It just comes across as spineless. Only fans happy with that statement are The Rangers fans. Tells you everything you need to know.

majorhibs
12-09-2017, 05:46 AM
Petrie was forced into the Sporting integrity statement as we had circa only 7k season ticket holders and he was going to lose at least Half that the following season if they didn't back the fans.

With money in the bank, 13k season ticket holders, they have calculated that the good will we have towards the club and our optimism after the cup win will outweigh any detrimental feelings we will have to this statement.

It just comes across as spineless. Only fans happy with that statement are The Rangers fans. Tells you everything you need to know.

Exactly. This is what zombie fans want, but not other fans. Why?

jax67
12-09-2017, 05:55 AM

Have to agree here. All for title stripping too.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 06:00 AM
I've been posting on here for ten years. In all that time I've seen fairly regular digs at Rod Petrie about his SFA involvement. Seemingly he wants the top job and that he hurts us in order to achieve this?!

No idea of his ambitions at the SFA but he has been on that board for a long time now and the SFA continues to fail at every single thing it does. A bit like his time as CEO at Hibs although he did manage to build a stadium.

Hibbyradge
12-09-2017, 06:13 AM

You've lost your mind. I'm not sure how long ago that happened, but you're in cloud cuckoo land now for sure.

I don't think I've even commented on the Rangers situation never mind "ramped up the "move on rhetoric"". I'm not even sure I've suggested we "move on" from anything. I'm just watching the over reactions from people like you with a mixture of incredulity and amusement.

And as for knowing what the board think about anything, you've surpassed your usual level of fantasy. :faf:

You obviously feel it's more important to hammer the Rangers than support Hibs. I feel differently.

Iain G
12-09-2017, 06:29 AM

Rhetorical question I assume, but you are right it's all hearsay and paranoia and garbage.

Wembley67
12-09-2017, 06:48 AM
So much self righteous pish being spouted here. Aye, folk are pissed. Won't be back? Behave, see you all the next home game.

Dalianwanda
12-09-2017, 07:05 AM
It was a unanimous decision by the board. For all i think the statement was terrible, it wasn't only him involved in putting it out there.

Anything else said about the clubs reasoning around the statement is just pure guesswork.

inglisavhibs
12-09-2017, 07:52 AM
You've lost your mind. I'm not sure how long ago that happened, but you're in cloud cuckoo land now for sure.

I don't think I've even commented on the Rangers situation never mind "ramped up the "move on rhetoric"". I'm not even sure I've suggested we "move on" from anything. I'm just watching the over reactions from people like you with a mixture of incredulity and amusement.

And as for knowing what the board think about anything, you've surpassed your usual level of fantasy. :faf:

You obviously feel it's more important to hammer the Rangers than support Hibs. I feel differently.
Well said and i genuinely worry if we ever get total fan ownership. Doesn't bear thinking about.:confused:

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Well said and i genuinely worry if we ever get total fan ownership. Doesn't bear thinking about.:confused:

Pretty sure we would have made a better decision yesterday.

GreenPJ
12-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Winning being all that matters is the genesis of the whole thing

Let's face it if it was all about winning then none of us would be Hibs fans.

SquashedFrogg
12-09-2017, 08:04 AM
It was a unanimous decision by the board. For all i think the statement was terrible, it wasn't only him involved in putting it out there.

Anything else said about the clubs reasoning around the statement is just pure guesswork.

100% agree but don't let that get in the way of the Petrie bashers.

By their logic the entire board should walk after this decision.

Let Celtic fight their own battles while we concentrate on building our club. We are improving all the time, why waste time and energy on this?

oldbutdim
12-09-2017, 08:10 AM

You don't fool me.

David Icke warned me about you.

And the others.

We know who you are.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 09:52 AM
What happened to this guy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18065520

Cringeable :rolleyes:

scotia44
12-09-2017, 09:55 AM

Can we leave the arabs out of this please:greengrin

snooky
12-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Can we leave the arabs out of this please:greengrin

He was just trying to clear the Ayr. :wink:

Thecat23
12-09-2017, 10:21 AM

"And Petrie echoed those sentiments, saying: "Listening to supporters is a vital part of what we do."

This made me laugh, aye no worries Rod, two faced twat.

snooky
12-09-2017, 10:25 AM
"And Petrie echoed those sentiments, saying: "Listening to supporters is a vital part of what we do."

If you get caught between a rock & a hard place you're guaranteed a skelp in the mush from one side or the other.

Wrong choice IMO, Rod.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 10:28 AM

Can he keep both of them straight when he says that stuff, I wonder? :rolleyes:

The Modfather
12-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Can he keep both of them straight when he says that stuff, I wonder? :rolleyes:

Petrie only acts if there is a financial incentive to do so or if it is in his interest in working his way up the SFA gravy train. Remember the overwhelming support for a larger top league yet he turned a deaf ear to what we wanted on that one too.

Radium
12-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Pretty sure we would have made a better decision yesterday.

Depends on the model. I expect us to have an elected board who report to shareholders annually but takes day-to-day decisions. As such we could easily get the same decision.

HSL statement may make me change my mind but current trustees are not likely to get involved.

greenpaper55
12-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Petrie only acts if there is a financial incentive to do so or if it is in his interest in working his way up the SFA gravy train. Remember the overwhelming support for a larger top league yet he turned a deaf ear to what we wanted on that one too.

Spot on, things only happen if there is dosh to be made.

Hibernia&Alba
12-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Indeed, he's certainly 'mellowed' in his outlook. Just my opinion, but Petrie should have walked away years ago. Leeann Dempster has done more in a couple of years than Petrie ever has. Relegation should certainly have been the end of him.

WeeRussell
12-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Taking sides.. ahem.. aside, what I do find strange is that any time the club does anything positive or along the lines of general supporter agreement, it's all "Brilliant by Dempster" and multiple posts pointing out what a difference she has made to this club (which she has, and I am a fan). But anything negative, or against the grain of the support and we can "smell Petrie all over this".

Is it really that simple?

Dalianwanda
12-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Taking sides.. ahem.. aside, what I do find strange is that any time the club does anything positive or along the lines of general supporter agreement, it's all "Brilliant by Dempster" and multiple posts pointing out what a difference she has made to this club (which she has, and I am a fan). But anything negative, or against the grain of the support and we can "smell Petrie all over this".

It is on this board..

Lago
12-09-2017, 11:56 AM
What a load of guff, get real.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Let's face it if it was all about winning then none of us would be Hibs fans.

At least when we were getting beat before we always knew we were the good guys.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 12:00 PM

No, Dempster is equally responsible along with the rest of the board. Back to being a business, not a football club.

Langlee Hibs
12-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Genuinely astonished that folk would boycott ER over this!

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Doubt anyone will but when the team get s*** again, they are less likely to show up out of sense of duty.

green day
12-09-2017, 12:05 PM
There are a lot of "Hibs Fans" who seem to hate Hibs.

Same thing happens after defeats - remember the radges telling us we were not going to get promoted last year and hpw pish a manager NL was?

They almost revel in it.

Strange behaviour.

DarlingtonHibee
12-09-2017, 12:06 PM
No, Dempster is equally responsible along with the rest of the board. Back to being a business, not a football club.

Why don't we sack them all including LD and RP ffs, they have done more for us over the last few years. If people want to boycott then in my eyes they are not true supporters.

DarlingtonHibee
12-09-2017, 12:24 PM

A football club is a business.

inglisavhibs
12-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Oh i right, more meaningless games that fans don't attend.

Paisley Hibby
12-09-2017, 12:47 PM

I agree. This thread is a classic example of social media at its worst. Folk embarrassing themselves with over the top outrage and bile.

inglisavhibs
12-09-2017, 12:48 PM

Absolute nonsense.

Thecat23
12-09-2017, 12:58 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170912/d3b4c2ead1e5e144748dfe293f9980e8.jpg

Petrie doesn't care he's making money elsewhere! [emoji23]

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure I've seen anyone say they are going to boycott? Maybe 1 or 2? But there seem to be hundreds of posts saying the (imaginary?) people boycotting are not true fans.
There will be no boycott.

jgl07
12-09-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure I've seen anyone say they are going to boycott? Maybe 1 or 2? But there seem to be hundreds of posts saying the (imaginary?) people boycotting are not true fans.
There will be no boycott.

Quite a few on another thread appear to be saying this.

They may be undercover Yams of course.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Quite a few on another thread appear to be saying this.

They may be undercover Yams of course.[emoji106]

And they currently have to rent a ground to boycott[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

basehibby
12-09-2017, 07:41 PM

What a load of ****ing nonsense.

Re the performance of the board, the fate of Sevco is of little to no importance next to the running of our own football team - and as it goes I think they've made a good point. The EBT scandal has been looked at in detail by the highest courts in the land in addition to being raked over by teams of very highly paid lawyers at the SFA's expense. And it's not as if the Huns have not already been severely punished, so further raking about in the embers of this dispute is going to serve very little purpose.

Time to move on and stop making more lawyers more wealthy at the expense of our game - learn the lessons and focus on the future.

lapsedhibee
12-09-2017, 07:52 PM

Re the performance of the board, the fate of Sevco is of little to no importance next to the running of our own football team - and as it goes I think they've made a good point. The EBT scandal has been looked at in detail by the highest courts in the land in addition to being raked over by teams of very highly paid lawyers at the SFA's expense. And it's not as if the Huns have not already been severely punished, so further raking about in the embers of this dispute is going to serve very little purpose.

Do you mean when they were relegated?

kaimendhibs
12-09-2017, 07:59 PM

Time to move on and stop making more lawyers more wealthy at the expense of our game - learn the lessons and focus on the future.Like sorting out the sectarian chants etc?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is It On....
12-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Do you mean when they were relegated?

Never relegated, ceased to be and had to re-apply. Current chairman of new-co was convicted of tax fraud and referred to as a "Glib and Shameless liar". It's amazing, or maybe it isn't, how he passed the "fit and proper' criteria that the Scottish football authorities have in place to protect our clubs and the integrity of Scottish football.

Vini1875
12-09-2017, 08:11 PM
This is not just about rangers, but about the way in which the SFA run Scottish football. The statement from Hibs has Petrie's finger prints all over it and as usual he puts his interest in a blazer above that of representing the fans. I feel sorry for the fan reps as all they can do is resign and make it known why.

The huns and the SFA are the only winners here.

Hibs fans can only organise some kind of poll to find out what we want and then issue some kind of statement to the press if we disagree with the board - all a bit hunnish. We have often been let down by our representatives with them making comments to the press which was not what the majority wanted. The only way forward for the fans is through the branches at the Association to conduct some kind of poll of members.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 08:20 PM

Time to move on and stop making more lawyers more wealthy at the expense of our game - learn the lessons and focus on the future.

It has been looked at by the highest courts in the land. The court of session found them guilty and the supreme court threw out their appeal!

The courts aren't the problem. Scottish football's failure to follow to the blindingly obvious conclusion is the problem.

lapsedhibee
12-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Never relegated, ceased to be and had to re-apply.
:wink:

basehibby
12-09-2017, 08:27 PM
There are a lot of "Hibs Fans" who seem to hate Hibs.

Same thing happens after defeats - remember the radges telling us we were not going to get promoted last year and hpw pish a manager NL was?

They almost revel in it.

Strange behaviour.

This - some folk are never happy unless they've got something to whinge about.

I think most fans would have been happy enough to see Rangers stripped of any EBT tinged titles, but the extensive legal machinations undertaken so far all indicate there is not a hope of this happening - so WHY waste further time, money and effort pursuing the matter??? This is all addressed quite reasonably in the club's statement but the trumpets and windbags on here won't let that stop them throwing a blob strop and threatening to go in a huff - pathetic really.

snooky
13-09-2017, 09:38 AM
A football club is a business.

Until they need something then it's 'a family' :coffee: