PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT | EBT REVIEW

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RSS Bot
11-09-2017, 05:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7871)

FranckSuzy
11-09-2017, 05:12 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7871

AugustaHibs
11-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Not happy reading that.

Firestarter
*****bag a.

lapsedhibee

Not good, not at all good.

JeMeSouviens
11-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Beyond disappointing. :bitchy:

Humo
Disgraceful

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tartanhibee
Let's get the big brush sweep sweep.

stoneyburn hibs
Disappointed with that Hibs.

kaimendhibs
11-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Move along, nothing to see here. The Huns get away with it again. Never ever let them forget tho[emoji34][emoji34]

delbert
11-09-2017, 05:19 PM

Well, so much for sporting integrity, shambles !!

.Sean.
11-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Absolute *****bags

kaimendhibs
11-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Disgraceful. Mibbe the club should acknowledge its OUR support which is providing the bright future despite years of being blatantly cheated. A condemnation of The cheats would have been the least we should expect.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-09-2017, 05:21 PM
It doesn't surprise me, the board decision is described as unanimous, if that include those elected by supporters then they have serious questions to answer.

AL-Qaholik
11-09-2017, 05:22 PM
An absolute disgrace.
Everything I thought Dempster would refuse to stand for.
Disgusting.

HoboHarry
11-09-2017, 05:23 PM
For all of the good things going on at our club, our leaders have shown themselves to be cowards and the willing nodding dog playthings of Sevco. S***ebags.

blackpoolhibs
The board of Hibernian FC are gutless.

Winston Ingram
What a f***** embarrassment.

Utterly ashamed of our club tonight.

Danderhall Hibs
11-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Leann's first mistake? Presumably she has enough brownie points in the bag to see her through but I reckon this will use up all of the credit she's built up.

DarrenSQH
Shocker of a statement and very disappointed in the fans reps. This thread shows so far they have went against those they are meant to represent.

Agm should be fun

blaikie
Massive error by Dempster and co!

Could this be Petrie helping his friends at the SFA

Eaststandee
11-09-2017, 05:26 PM
"working to ensure that in the future our game is fairer and more open"

This decision does the complete opposite of that.

*Sweep, Sweep*

easty
11-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Total saps.

***** statement, very disappointing.

Captain Trips
11-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Sauzee has just been trumped as one of the best sweepers we have had.

AL-Qaholik
11-09-2017, 05:29 PM
We need to hear from the "Fans reps" immediately.
How can they possibly justify being so far at odds with what the actual fans clearly want?
Over to you, Tracey & Frank. We are waiting.

Golden Bear
11-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Not fussed either way. Let's concentrate on all things Hibernian.

Blaster
11-09-2017, 05:31 PM

I'm the same mate. But understand that's not a popular view on here.

Stuart93

This is where I am...not what the majority wanted but to go calling the board, including dempster, gutless & spineless seems to be a bit harsh

Elephant Stone
That is one of the most infuriating, patronising and pathetic statements I have ever read. I can't put into words how disappointed I am in our club at this moment in time.

Keith_M
I hate to say 'I told you so' but....

.Sean.
11-09-2017, 05:32 PM
The more I read that the angrier I get.

Basically says sod sporting integrity and **** every single one of us who supported the club the years we were being cheated.

Spineless and gutless and I especially thought better of Dempster. Shameful.

Brightside

Same. I really couldn't care less.

Thecat23

Basically says sod sporting integrity and **** every single one of us who supported the club the years we were being cheated.

Bang on.

Col2
11-09-2017, 05:33 PM
I have to say I am completely bored of it all.

Legal view suggests very little chance of proving it and no chance of stripped titles. Some people just don't want to hear that.

Given the choice I would prefer a review for transparency but this sweep under the carpet crap needs to be dropped. Our club doesn't do that remember.

esjorto
"working to ensure that in the future our game is fairer and more open"

This decision does the complete opposite of that.

*Sweep, Sweep*

tHIS IMPLIES THAT THE GAME HAS not BEEN FAIR AND OPEN IN THE PAST!! :brickwall

Basildon Hibs
Disgusting statement which condones what The Huns did.Could only happen in Scotland.

Petrie and co are a bunch of spineless ******g *****bags.

Looks like it'll be left to Celtc to get the Hun's titles stripped.

DarlingtonHibee
11-09-2017, 05:34 PM
I'm no expert on finance, but it feels like they were cheating, looks like they have got away with one.

Stuart93
Interesting to see if this will effect anyone's willingness to attend games?

guthrie01
It doesn't surprise me, the board decision is described as unanimous, if that include those elected by supporters then they have serious questions to answer.

This bit surprised me the most, they are on the board to represent the majority of the fans wishes and failed to do so when required.

Overall a bad statement, should of kept quiet rather than post an open invitation to Rangers to do what they want again.

SirDavidsNapper
11-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Wheather I agree with them or not, the club has acted with class yet again. If that's the decision made by Hibs then so be it.

RamYer1902
11-09-2017, 05:35 PM
I don't actually give a ******.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
11-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Wheather I agree with then or not, the club has acted with class yet again. If that's the decision made by Hibs then so be it.

You are joking? Please say you are joking.

marinello59
It's a pragmatic decision, an enquiry won't satisfy the majority of those demanding one as it won't result in titles being stripped, the only real winners would be the lawyers. And one that has been taken knowing that it would be deeply unpopular with some fans.
Disappointing, yes. Disgrace? No.

Thecat23
Wheather I agree with them or not, the club has acted with class yet again. If that's the decision made by Hibs then so be it.

Class?? Allowing cheating isn't class. That's the most patronising statement I've ever seen from Hibs.

Green-Hibee-7
Posted something on the other thread that got lost in the threads being merged.

Firstly, I hate to bring up hate to the guy and apologise if I am way off but wonder what type of impact Rods relationship with blazers had on this.

I know little about the whole saga apart from the obvious but how we can just sweep this under the carpet is ridiculous. They a**eholes who run Scottish football are at it - I hate them.

Surely our fan reps never agreed to this - scandalous if so.

Radium

Sums it up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
11-09-2017, 05:37 PM
I have to say I am completely bored of it all.

Legal view suggests very little chance of proving it and no chance of stripped titles. Some people just don't want to hear that.

Given the choice I would prefer a review for transparency but this sweep under the carpet crap needs to be dropped. Our club doesn't do that remember.
Said who other than Regan et al who clearly have things to hide and are scared stiff of an independent review..........

MKHIBEE
Gutted with that response.

BroxburnHibee
Not sure why fans reps are getting it tight when none of you know what was said at board meetings.

I'd imagine once vote is taken then a unanimous 'stance' is taken. No point in saying a majority of the board decided.

green day
they are on the board to represent the majority of the fans wishes and failed to do so when required

How do you know what the majority of fans want?

Far as I can see there's a few dozen people ranting on a message board. That's hardly "the majority".

beensaidbefore
11-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Massive error by Dempster and co!

Could this be Petrie helping his friends at the SFA

That's my initial thoughts.

Very disappointing. No surprise now the majority of st's are bought. What are folk gonna do, not turn up for a ticket they have paid for.

Very very bad patter.

Regardless of legally, surely the sfa/spl can see that the routes of the competition were broken.

Perhaps someone able to write a decent strongly worded letter could put one together so it could be sent to the club along with the signatures of everyone who disagrees with the clubs stance?

.Sean.
Class?? Allowing cheating isn't class. That's the most patronising statement I've ever seen from Hibs.
Saved me replying. 'Class', if Hibs class is leaving your own supporters feeling cheated then...

Absolute holocaust of a statement. Least Petrie never upset his pals though eh?

Heisenberg
Same. I really couldn't care less.

I'm in the same camp with this stuff. Don't particularly care and certainly don't feel ashamed by what they've said. Would've been better to save the bother and keep the statement to themselves.

Green-Hibee-7
I would have preferred them to keep their mouth shut.

MWHIBBIES
11-09-2017, 05:39 PM
As long as we win on Saturday, all that really matters.

.net loves a meltdown, it will blow over.

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Saved me replying. 'Class', if Hibs class is leaving your own supporters feeling cheated then...

Absolute holocaust of a statement. Least Petrie never upset his pals though eh?

Shows Petrie up for me.

Jack Hackett
11-09-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm not looking at that... I don't want to see my club shame themselves in print. What we thought counted in 2012, but they were still selling season tickets at that point.

Kavinho
It's a pity that the view is that not even 1 % of our focus and energy can't be spent ensuring that the governance and jurisprudence of the game is as impeccable as this club's, and all other clubs' fans deserve (inclusive of the Rangers support).

The game has suffered badly in the past 6 years and the decisions that have come from the sfa, And the spl/spfl executive have played huge roles in that.

Disappointing in the extreme

hibee_nation
Pathetic Hibs. Thought we were better than that.

Bostonhibby

Spineless and gutless and I especially thought better of Dempster. Shameful.Says it for me Sean and if unanimous means our reps have supported this position on their own with effectively communication silence then the roles over for me.

Disappointed with Hibs. The cheats will be emboldened for the next dodgy trick that's for sure.

Not really bothered about celtcs motives, hope they push this a bit further than we do.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Benny Brazil
Am completely bored with it all that I can't say the statement bothers me - the SFA have been corrupt for as long as I can remember so not sure that another review will change anything - appreciate that some feel differently

Stanton
11-09-2017, 05:41 PM
An embarrassment and a disgrace

The point of the review is that there is very very strong circumstantial evidence that individuals within the SFA granted a European License to Rangers when they did not meet the criteria.

Rangers hid side letters which concealed the monetary payments their players were receiving and therefore throughout that time they were fielding ineligible players ......that is players that Rangers directors stated on oath at Craig Whytes trial they otherwise could not have afforded.

The secretive 5 way agreement

SirDavidsNapper
I'm of the move on from the sorry episode chain of thought. I'm sick of the whole thing and if I hear EBT again I think I'll explode . It seems the board were thinking along the same lines as me and a good few others. The club can't please everyone.

Smartie
My initial reaction is one of crippling disappointment.

I had a real and genuine sense of pride all those years ago when Petrie spoke of sporting integrity and the need for Scotland to have well run clubs, whilst he could point to the fact that Hibs had cut our cloth accordingly.

Today we stand shoulder to shoulder with the cheats and the whitewashers whilst booting our own fans (who shelled out decent sums of money for tickets to watch competitions where rules were not enforced equally) in the balls.

Hibs can gtf as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone really have faith in our authorities to enforce rules fairly? Do we really believe that FFP rules won't be glossed over to favour the establishment side?

I don't.

I thought we were better than this.

kaimendhibs

Far as I can see there's a few dozen people ranting on a message board. That's hardly "the majority".No offence but this is part of the reason they get away with it. Imagine you played poker with soneone for many years then found out they had cheated all along?

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 05:43 PM
I'm of the move on from the sorry episode chain of thought. I'm sick of the whole thing and if I hear EBT again I think I'll explode . It seems the board were thinking along the same lines as me and a good few others. The club can't please everyone.

Well going be the reaction "a good few others" you are in the minority. They have upset a lot of fans with this statement and looking at Twitter the reaction is mostly anger.

SRHibs
11-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Will this impact Celtic's willingness to do transfer business with us? Hopefully not.

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2017, 05:44 PM
The worst thing in that statement is the perpetuation of the myth that the death of Rangers and Hearts going into administration somehow "damaged the sport". Complete nonsense. It was the average Scottish fans' finest hour using their collective strength to ensure Newco weren't allowed straight back into the top league. Petrie and Dempster should hang their heads in shame at this attempt to rewrite history.

Fuzzywuzzy
At the moment I'm feeling very angry by that statement and questioning whether to go on Saturday.

This is a slap in the face for us as fans. They have ignored everything that the fans have said on the situation. They are expecting the fans to be nodding dogs and go along with it. The board are spineless and Petrie seems to be looking after his own ambitions.

We've been let down and I'm being made more angry listening to that **** Regan on the radio basically 'move along nothing to see here'. The fact that they have Dickson as part of that board is as corrupt as it can get.

green day
No offence but this is part of the reason they get away with it. Imagine you played poker with soneone for many years then found out they had cheated all along?

I wouldn't care if they were now dead. As the old club is.

Thecat23
Will this impact Celtic's willingness to do transfer business with us? Hopefully not.

I'd tell Hibs to **** right off if I was Celtic.

CathroMustStay
Am completely bored with it all that I can't say the statement bothers me - the SFA have been corrupt for as long as I can remember so not sure that another review will change anything - appreciate that some feel differently

You are willing to tolerate corruption.

Good to know.

Disgraceful and cowardly statement Hibs. :brickwall

Stuart93
11-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Let's see if the supporters calling our board spineless & gutless and telling hibs they can get to **** will be attending this weekend...

marinello59
11-09-2017, 05:45 PM

There will be plenty of others who share that viewpoint. They just don't shout as loud as others.

johnbc70
11-09-2017, 05:47 PM
To me it just reinforces the corruption that has gone on, and will continue to go on. A golden opportunity has been missed here and we may not get another chance.

Seveno
I think everyone should read the statement and try to understand why the decision was made. I hate the fact that Rangers got away with cheating but if there is no legal remedy then why waste time, resources and energy on it. Let's focus on our club and our ongoing success.

Heisenberg
At the moment I'm feeling very angry by that statement and questioning whether to go on Saturday.

This is a slap in the face for us as fans. They have ignored everything that the fans have said on the situation. They are expecting the fans to be nodding dogs and go along with it. The board are spineless and Petrie seems to be looking after his own ambitions.

We've been let down and I'm being made more angry listening to that **** Regan on the radio basically 'move along nothing to see here'. The fact that they have Dickson as part of that board is as corrupt as it can get.

Questioning whether to go on Saturday? Wow. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. Each to their own I guess.

stockporthibee
11-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Seriously can't believe that people on here don't think this is important. Sporting integrity down the pan. Gutless response, hiding behind legal advice. Embarrassing from Hibs.

Nutmegged
11-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Bitterly disappointed in this, the board have let Hibernian Football Club fown here, we should be embarassed by our lack of movement on this issue but unfortunately we'll probably be just one of many SPFL clubs who takes this view and it saddens me, the message this sends out is Hibs believe the SFA is run well, bull****, ashamed of that.

Petrie's got his SFA hat on

Hibs90
11-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Honestly I'd rather we focused on ourselves.

But the integrity of the Scottish game is at stake, and for the sake of Sporting Integrity that statement is an absolute disgrace. Was always going to happen with Petrie as our chairman.

guthrie01
11-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Let's see if the supporters calling our board spineless & gutless and telling hibs they can get to **** will be attending this weekend...

I'll be going to the matches because I love my club, but I will not support members of that board who feel It is right to allow teams to cheat the system and claim undeserved trophies and victories which they did not deserve.

Nutmegged
Questioning whether to go on Saturday? Wow. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. Each to their own I guess.

That's the way its always going to get people though, we're basically saying that cheating has no consequece, many will feel what's the point.

Stuart93
I'll be going to the matches because I love my club, but I will not support members of that board who feel It is right to allow teams to cheat the system and claim undeserved trophies and victories which they did not deserve.

The boards decision was unanimous so they all have to go then, including dempster if that's your view.

Hibrandenburg
11-09-2017, 05:51 PM
So the message is "If you're willing to use dodgy dealings to gain a sporting advantage and you manage to put some time between doing it and getting exposed then that's ok".

Scottish Football is on a par with Italian politics. Cowardly decision from Hibs.

itslegaltender
How to shoot all the goodwill in one go. Nonsense statement from Hibs really, really poor.

SirDavidsNapper
I think everyone should read the statement and try to understand why the decision was made. I hate the fact that Rangers got away with cheating but if there is no legal remedy then why waste time, resources and energy on it. Let's focus on our club and our ongoing success.

This. Hibs to me are the most important thing and the club are concentrating on Hibs. Can understand people's disappointment but as long as our house is order that's all I care about.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Mistake from the club. Record season ticket sales, everybody pulling in the right direction and they go and do something that'll potentially divide the support and the trust they have gained from the support over the last few years.

kaimendhibs
I wouldn't care if they were now dead. As the old club is.Dead but allowed to keep its ill.gotten gains and revel in them

Hibernian Verse
MOVE ON. I'm sure we all have more important things going on in our lives and careers. If not, it's time to go and find something more important. Don't give Rangers the satisfaction that it's "all about the Rangers".

We moan about the old firm all the time, let them fight this out whilst we focus on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
11-09-2017, 05:53 PM

The bit I struggle with is, why does there have to be any legal involvement. As competition organisers surely they make the rules and therefore implement then how they see fit

If I won the golf championships for years only later to be found out as a cheat I would lose the titles, no? Look at Jessica ennis getting a medal the over month, years after she was cheated.

Cheating is cheating.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2017, 05:54 PM
We have fans have all felt at some time or another, that the authorities have bent over backwards for both bigots in the past, and they have favoured them, dare I say it cheated on their behalf.

Now it's as clear as the nose on your face, that they don't even bother to hide it now, and OUR club don't have the bollox to stand up to them when THIS was the time to do so.

Gutless.

Hell mend you Petrie.

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-09-2017, 05:54 PM
I'd rather they said we would love to spend the time and energy into getting our integrity back but we feel that we must move forward with our club. Something that actually reflects or acknowledges the completely bipolar view that its supporters have.

MyJo
11-09-2017, 05:55 PM
condemn all forms of cheating and corruption in scottish football.
support the need for sporting integrity and the call for an independendant review as a member of the SPFL.
Acknowledge that we realise its unlikely to result in punishment or title stripping even if it does happen.
Emphasise that we are focused on our own club and will be putting all our future efforts into Hibernian FC rather than dwelling on the historical rights and wrongs of other clubs.

That's not a hard statement to draw up, the one that has been produced is shockingly bad, snivelling, pathetic and embarrassing not to mention at complete odds with almost every single fan of the club.

really dissapointing.

Green-Hibee-7
11-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Mistake from the club. Record season ticket sales, everybody pulling in the right direction and they go and do something that'll potentially divide the support and the trust they have gained from the support over the last few years.

Exactly should have just kept our mouths shut.

How could they have thought that was the right thing to do.

Hibs90
11-09-2017, 05:56 PM
We have fans have all felt at some time or another, that the authorities have bent over backwards for both bigots in the past, and they have favoured them, dare I say it cheated on their behalf.

Now it's as clear as the nose on your face, that they don't even bother to hide it now, and OUR club don't have the bollox to stand up to them when THIS was the time to do so.

Gutless.

Hell mend you Petrie.

Just wants to keep his SFA chair warm for when Reagan departs

kaimendhibs
11-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Time for the SFA board including Petrie to be ousted and replaced with people who arent gonna allow cheats to.prosper with impunity

cleanyman
11-09-2017, 05:57 PM
I'd rather we didn't say anything

We look like diddies now

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Anyone start a poll?

Danderhall Hibs
11-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Harsh that Petrie seems to be getting all the blame. It was a unanimous vote and LD has been the boss getting all the credit for the good stuff so not sure how she's missing the flak here?

Stanton
11-09-2017, 06:00 PM

Because those who facilitated the corruption are still in there positions of power within the SFA ....they need rooted out

Firestarter
I'd rather we didn't say anything

We look like diddies now

Unless he at the top isn't removed we are diddies. This statement confirmation the clubs place at the table to keep Rod at the higher end of the other table.

Elephant Stone
Your Board believes our game faces a choice. We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice. Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised
We prefer the latter option - working to ensure that in the future our game is fairer and more open,

Are they steaming? Are they utterly ****ing steaming?

ED Hibee
If that is the approach they are taking then why bother making the statement at all. Typical Hibs. Take years building up solid support and good will amongst fans and between fans and the board and then set it back massively with one rash statement.

Smacks of Petrie going for top job! The only other rationale I can think of for the statement was that Petrie did a deal with SFA to stop them throwing the book at us after the cup final.

Famousfivehh
11-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Makes for poor reading. Sometimes you are better to say nothing.

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Harsh that Petrie seems to be getting all the blame. It was a unanimous vote and LD has been the boss getting all the credit for the good stuff so not sure how she's missing the flak here?

She's as much a clown as the rest for this decision. All who voted on the board are simple as that. She's been brilliant for hibs but IMO she's made a massive blunder with the statement and deserves any backlash she gets.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:02 PM

No it's not. Is Rod Petrie Vice President of the SFA, desperate to sweep this when his pal and President Regan is ****ting himself?

Petrie is making us the patsy.

Basildon Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:04 PM
All that was needed to appease the majority of fans in Scotland was for the tainted titles and cups to be stripped.

That and a complete clear out of those corrupt *******s at the GFA.
Then we might be able to 'move on'...

JimBHibees
11-09-2017, 06:06 PM

That is about the size of it to be honest. No way would the club be able to go against clear legal advice though in saying that a general more blunt statement would have been appropriate.

Onion
11-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Deary me, what an dreadful statement. I'm shocked that Hibernian FC would issue such a thing. Constantly refers to legalities, legal opinion, legal minds... blah blah. What has football and sport got to do with the law ? Football like every other sport all levels is about fair competition, respect and sporting integrity. The fact that an independent review would cost time and effort is NO a reason not to carry it out and to blindly skip over the Sevco/Rangers fiasco as if it did not exist is pathetic.

Whether or not the authorities are limited in what they can do LEGALLY at the end of the day to address the ills of the past does not mean they should not (and cannot) draw and publicise clear conclusions about what they SHOULD and COULD be doing going forward should a similar situation arise today. If concluded, I think most fans (other than Sevco) would accept a clear statement that Sevco/Rangers should not have been allowed to retain those titles - had the the laws of the game been fit for purpose. But therein lies the problem. What a review may well expose is not only Rangers blatant abuse of the rules, but that the rules themselves and the processes and people that supported them were not fit for purpose. The SFA would be firmly in the dock.

This statement smacks of circling the wagons, self preservation and self interest - just as it was when Reagan / Doncaster and every CEO of every club wanted to shoe-horn Sevco into the Premiership.

Awful and shameful statement.

greenlex
11-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Poor. The lancing of this boil needs to be done. Money should be made available to do it. Scottish football will never move on till it is. One way or another transparency needs shown.where is the evidence of all this legal advice for instance? As far as I'm aware it's just the SFA saying this has been done. What was the advice and how was it reached? Come on Hibs not good enough.

green day
11-09-2017, 06:11 PM
So, in summary - everyone that was greeting about no Hibs statement is now pissed off about the content of the statement.

Basically, if it didn't say what you want you get annoyed?

Borderhibbie76
11-09-2017, 06:13 PM
This is where I am...not what the majority wanted but to go calling the board, including dempster, gutless & spineless seems to be a bit harshNo matter what our board said nothing will change it's best we just move on tbh
..Hertz won 2 scottish cups playing players they couldn't afford...thats not gonna change either. Fed up hearing about this tbh...and I know that isn't a popular opinion on here but nothing will change regardless of what our board say and/or do

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

marinello59
11-09-2017, 06:14 PM
So, in summary - everyone that was greeting about no Hibs statement is now pissed off about the content of the statement.

Imagine what the reaction would have been after a long and very expensive enquiry which was pretty unlikely to have ended with title stripping?

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 06:14 PM

Well no.

But if that's how you view it then fine.

scotia44
11-09-2017, 06:15 PM
My initial reaction is one of crippling disappointment.

I had a real and genuine sense of pride all those years ago when Petrie spoke of sporting integrity and the need for Scotland to have well run clubs, whilst he could point to the fact that Hibs had cut our cloth accordingly.

Today we stand shoulder to shoulder with the cheats and the whitewashers whilst booting our own fans (who shelled out decent sums of money for tickets to watch competitions where rules were not enforced equally) in the balls.

Hibs can gtf as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone really have faith in our authorities to enforce rules fairly? Do we really believe that FFP rules won't be glossed over to favour the establishment side?

I don't.

I thought we were better than this.

Hibs can gtf really...really wow!

Hibby D

Far as I can see there's a few dozen people ranting on a message board. That's hardly "the majority".

I agree. Short of polling everyone at the turnstiles on Saturday we really don't know what the majority view is.

There are obviously fans who are apoplectic, and others who are pure ragin', pissed off and disappointed. Then there are others, like me, who couldn't give a rats arse. Rangers oldco cheated. Everyone and their granny kens it. They are the embarrassment and the disgrace as far as I'm concerned. Sadly our board's statement deflects from that and for me that is the biggest disappointment. I agree with their decision not to pursue further action (based on the legal advice sought and for financial reasons) but they should have bowed out kicking and screaming their condemnation.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Remember that our club belongs to us and not the board. It is a point that needs made that we do not share their opinion. They have to share the shame between them.

davhibby
11-09-2017, 06:16 PM
No it's not. Is Rod Petrie Vice President of the SFA, desperate to sweep this when his pal and President Regan is ****ting himself?

There wouldn't be a statement if the board didn't agree, that include LD and the fans reps. I'm not really fussed about the whole thing but I do think the statement is pretty poor. I'd rather we'd just said nothing and focused on Hibs and how we're getting on

green day
11-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Imagine what the reaction would have been after a long and very expensive enquiry which was pretty unlikely to have ended with title stripping?

Yep, its what I have been saying for ages; whatever the outcome there are factions that want very different things and nobody will be satisfied.

Quite how this has turned into a (some) Fans v Club thing is beyond me.

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 06:17 PM
No matter what our board said nothing will change it's best we just move on tbh
..Hertz won 2 scottish cups playing players they couldn't afford...thats not gonna change either. Fed up hearing about this tbh...and I know that isn't a popular opinion on here but nothing will change regardless of what our board say and/or do

That's what I think people are so annoyed it. You are assuming and may well be right nothing will change, but what if just what if all the clubs did go after them and won. Sporting integrity would be restored fans would then feel justice is done.

There is way more to this than just fans upset, we want proper justice and some feel that the only way is getting them back to trial.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:18 PM
There wouldn't be a statement if the board didn't agree, that include LD and the fans reps. I'm not really fussed about the whole thing but I do think the statement is pretty poor. I'd rather we'd just said nothing and focused on Hibs and how we're getting on

The majority of the board with Sir Tom and Rods influence will vote as Petrie wishes. Good luck the next time we want to deal with Celtic mind. Petrie v Lawwell will be interesting.

green day
11-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Well no.

But if that's how you view it then fine.

Well, how else can I view it when there is another thread where people are saying they are not coming on Saturday?

Its toys out the pram, I'm not playing because the other boys wont play my game, wah wah stuff that - frankly in a 5 year old is tedious.

Borderhibbie76
11-09-2017, 06:21 PM
That's what I think people are so annoyed it. You are assuming and may well be right nothing will change, but what if just what if all the clubs did go after them and won. Sporting integrity would be restored fans would then feel justice is done.

There is way more to this than just fans upset, we want proper justice and some feel that the only way is getting them back to trial.Will never be allowed to happen tho TC...sad but true mate

Heisenberg
11-09-2017, 06:21 PM
The majority of the board with Sir Tom and Rods influence will vote as Petrie wishes. Good luck the next time we want to deal with Celtic mind. Petrie v Lawwell will be interesting.

Celtc and Lawell have always been notoriously difficult to deal with. It won't change that.

CropleyWasGod
11-09-2017, 06:24 PM

Petrie is making us the patsy.Regan isn't the president [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Smartie
11-09-2017, 06:25 PM

My reaction would be "fine - now we can move on".

I'm not that fussed about title stripping (although I've been convinced that it if it is possible - a big if - then it would be necessary/ desirable).

Why is Andrew Dickson still employed at the SFA?

What was Campbell Ogilvie's role in it all?

What were other clubs involved in? Rangers have failed to co-operate with previous enquiries but at least they have bared their souls to an extent. What have all the clubs that have been into administration (including our own) done to smarten up their act and ensure it doesn't happen again?

What happens if Rangers beat Hibs to a European place on goal difference this season, but fail to comply with FFP rules? How far will the SFA/ SPFL be allowed to bend the rules to ensure they get into Europe, to ensure Rangers get more cash (assuming they don't get pumped out in early July by some dildos from Luxembourg) to compete more strongly in Scottish football's showpiece fixture?

These things matter much more to me than title stripping. That's for Celtic to worry about.

Firestarter
11-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Celtc and Lawell have always been notoriously difficult to deal with. It won't change that.

You think? Both clubs are **** but we have played the wrong card here. Sweep under the carpet of the club that despises us. Don't under estimate lawwels influence such as Scottish cup final repercussions neither. This is going to cause a massive divide. Coupled with the rest of Scottish football laughing and angry at us when Petrie is Vice President of the governing body. His tea will be oot if Regans is and I don't expect Celtic to move on from being cheated like the rest of us.

grunt
11-09-2017, 06:26 PM
This for me. A lot of people seem to be responding on this thread to the headlines. I can understand that. But please read the Board's statement.

Michael
11-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Shocking statement. Did Rod not once say "integrity is beyond purchase"?

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Well, how else can I view it when there is another thread where people are saying they are not coming on Saturday?

Its toys out the pram, I'm not playing because the other boys wont play my game, wah wah stuff that - frankly in a 5 year old is tedious.

Read the statement again, one particular part near the end shows they cheated. That's why so many want it taken further! The statement looks like it was done by a 5 year old who's had a row from their parents.

The Harp Awakes
11-09-2017, 06:30 PM
That statement is not good reading and the Hibernian Board should hold their heads in shame. Hiding behind so-called legal advice where the issue raised by Celtic is the need for an enquiry into the conduct of the SFA.

I can see a massive backlash over this from Hibernian fans and I fear the feel good factor is about to be blasted away.

100% Petrie is behind this and I'd question the how unanimous this decision was - some arm twisting behind the scenes I reckon.

beensaidbefore
11-09-2017, 06:30 PM

I'm not that fussed about title stripping (although I've been convinced that it if it is possible - a big if - then it would be necessary/ desirable).

What were other clubs involved in? Rangers have failed to co-operate with previous enquiries but at least they have bared their souls to an extent. What have all the clubs that have been into administration (including our own) done to smarten up their act and ensure it doesn't happen again?

What happens if Rangers beat Hibs to a European place on goal difference this season, but fail to comply with FFP rules? How far will the SFA/ SPFL be allowed to bend the rules to ensure they get into Europe, to ensure Rangers get more cash (assuming they don't get pumped out in early July by some dildos from Luxembourg) to compete more strongly in Scottish football's showpiece fixture?

These things matter much more to me than title stripping. That's for Celtic to worry about.

Good post.

Onion
11-09-2017, 06:32 PM
No matter what our board said nothing will change it's best we just move on tbh

Some folk are frightened of change and the pain that's involved, and remain stuck in the past and at the whim of those in power. A follower.

Others have the drive and fortitude to press for change where injustice is clear. The progressives.

Fuzzywuzzy

Okay, maybe an overreaction on my part. I am disgusted by the stance of the club especially the way we were treated after the final. You've got to wonder what it is that is making clubs choose the rangers over Celtic, because it is a choice. You choose the 'can we lift the carpet a wee bit to sweep this under' or you choose the 'ok this is wrong. They did what? No, that's not right'. Celtic have been hung out to dry for standing up for the integrity of our game. Do they have a lot to gain? Of course they do. ALL clubs do.

Ours just chose to turn the other way

marinello59

All fair points but for a lot of people it's all about title stripping.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-09-2017, 06:33 PM
The worst thing in that statement is the perpetuation of the myth that the death of Rangers and Hearts going into administration somehow "damaged the sport". Complete nonsense. It was the average Scottish fans' finest hour using their collective strength to ensure Newco weren't allowed straight back into the top league. Petrie and Dempster should hang their heads in shame at this attempt to rewrite history.

:agree:

Spot on.

The Harp
11-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Extremely disappointed by the statement from the board. However, the board members are merely custodians of the Club, they are not the actual club itself. My commitment is entirely to Hibernian FC, not the board. I'm old enough to have seen the back of many Hibs board members over the years, some are remembered with affection, others definitely not. The supporters are the constants of football clubs, not the directors.

MrSmith
11-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Truly pathetic! I'm glad I held back from buying season tix, our so called board, you have lost my business!

Mathias Jack
11-09-2017, 06:37 PM

Me too mate. As no further punishment can be dished out, I'd rather our time, effort and money was put into our club than an independent review.

green day
11-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Read the statement again, one particular part near the end shows they cheated. That's why so many want it taken further! The statement looks like it was done by a 5 year old who's had a row from their parents.

I have read it, and while I would prefer the huns to be totally screwed I presume there are very good reasons why we have made this statement.

Ask yourself why there is only one club (allegedly) who wants to take this further?

Could it be that there is no point as there would be no satisfactory outcome?

I think thats what the statement says.

truehibernian
11-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Playing devil's advocate do you not think this makes Peter Lawell look a bit egotistical and silly when he claimed in his statement that the SPFL Board wanted the review on behalf of all 42 clubs ? Clearly Aberdeen and Hibs don't want a review........and I'm sure we are not alone in that opinion in various boardrooms around the country no matter what league or level. So he 'jumped the gun' with that statement.

This will end up being a Celtic v The Rangers argument which will detract from the real issues and the chronic need for change in leadership at both the SFA and SPFL. It's shades of Fergus McCann v Jim Farry in the 90's (as in it will become a battle of personalities).

I couldn't care less as it won't even change my opinion of Rangers and The Rangers - they are Scotland's Shame and I don't care about how many titles they have or don't have - all I know and all I care about is that I don't like them and never will. I do however have unconditional love for Hibernian FC :aok:

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:40 PM
All fair points but for a lot of people it's all about title stripping.

Title stripping?! That club haven't won any titles ffs! :brickwall

Onceinawhile
11-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Rangers have been punished by having four years in the wilderness and almost guaranteeing they'll watch Celtic get 10 in a row.

Title stripping legally isn't an option. What more do people want?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2017, 06:45 PM
So they want us to consider

We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice

so for us they paint a simple choice - invest in the above or the team and the future. After this transfer window it's an interesting dilemma to throw in supporters direction. Does this equate to a choice of increased revenues going to legal fees or keeping/attracting key players in time like McGinn, Stokes and Hendo...

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Rangers have been punished by having four years in the wilderness and almost guaranteeing they'll watch Celtic get 10 in a row.

It's not title stripping. They haven't won any titles!

KazaHibs
11-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Shocking. Basically do what you want and get away with it. Aye no bother

oldbutdim
11-09-2017, 06:48 PM

You're a bit confused on the respective roles I think.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:48 PM
So they want us to consider

We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice

so for us they paint a simple choice - invest in the above or the team and the future. After this transfer window it's an interesting dilemma to throw in supporters direction. Does this equate to a choice of increased revenues going to legal fees or keeping/attracting key players in time like McGinn, Stokes and Hendo...

What does it matter who we attract in the end, when clubs like The Rangers can just fork them off us using dubious loopholes?

Bostonhibby
11-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Remember that our club belongs to us and not the board. It is a point that needs made that we do not share their opinion. They have to share the shame between them.I was kind of hoping the reps, who I voted for and whose roles I really wanted to exist would be coming back and forth to the various forums like this one and telling us the latest position and the thinking behind it.

I'm guessing the whole spectrum of opinion has somehow been passed on, ranging from there's some who want the legal review, through titles being stripped and right up to let's move on leaving the tainted titles out there and the guys who allowed our game to be rigged to stay there and do who knows what next?

SteveHFC
Shocking statement.

Winston Ingram
We need to hear from the "Fans reps" immediately.
How can they possibly justify being so far at odds with what the actual fans clearly want?
Over to you, Tracey & Frank. We are waiting.

This.

Tornadoes70
11-09-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm all for getting behind the club. Certainly I was all for stripping the titles. However the club comes first in my book and I trust the club are doing what they think is in the best interests of Hibernian.

Glory Glory.

Winston Ingram
11-09-2017, 06:51 PM

Class? You must have incredibly low standards

Johnr17
11-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Shameful statement, Petrie part of the problem and needs to go with the rest of them

green day
11-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Jesus, now people want the fans reps hung drawn and quartered !

Is it possible that they took some of the thoughts from here to the board, and the other board members - maybe having more detail on everything including the legals - persuaded them of another course of action?

Theres too much black and white on this thread.

Winston Ingram
Seriously can't believe that people on here don't think this is important. Sporting integrity down the pan. Gutless response, hiding behind legal advice. Embarrassing from Hibs.

Agreed. It's ****in incredible even if it is only 1 or 2.

matty_f

Gutless.

Hell mend you Petrie.

For years we've gone to football matches, seen us shafted by refs who have been happy to shoot about their bias in retirement, at after dinner speeches, and we've had to suck it up.

We've watched as bad tackles go unpunished in old firm games as the ref tries to keep his cards in his pocket, while our players get booked and suspended for the same tackles.

And now we've seen how blatant and strong the evidence is of systematic cheating, and our club don't want to know.

It is all well and good citing lawyers, but what questions were they asked and what was their advice based on?

It stinks, and I'm gutted that Hibs have taken this stance. Even if you can say that not every supporter feels the same, it appears that there is an overwhelming majority who disagree with the stance taken, and that should have been at the forefront of the decision.

They could have at least asked us how we felt about it before deciding for us.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Jesus, now people want the fans reps hung drawn and quartered !

Is it possible that they took some of the thoughts from here to the board, and the other board members - maybe having more detail on everything including the legals - persuaded them of another course of action?

Theres too much black and white on this thread.

Well we won't know will we, as the silence has been deafening from our so called "reps" over these past few weeks. While certain posters on here (who clearly knew what the stance was going to be well in advance) spent the last few weeks telling us all to "move on".

Beefster
11-09-2017, 06:57 PM

The day we are subservient to Celtic just in order to get some table scraps from them is the day that we might as well pack up and go home.

On the statement, it's not Petrie and Dempster that I'd be directing my ire, if I gave two hoots about the statement. It's not their job to represent the support at board level.

hibeedonald
11-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Amazed people care about this so much. Haven't been following this at all and didn't expect us to make a statement about the issue, for or against.

Jack
Given Hibs have our money there's little we can do to hit them were it hurts and I'm not sure we'd want to. I feel that's no coincidence it's come to a head now.

I watched the film Ghandi today.

I feel the options for us, and other supporters in Scotland are limited. We can only be passive. But we must be firm.

I propose a minutes silence at 18 minutes in our next game unless we score and again in the 75th minute. And/or both.

That was was when we were born and this could be the death of us.

All other clubs supporters should do the same with appropriate timing.

We will all do this until Scottish football is clean.

WhileTheChief..
Unless the review or investigation resulted in Rangers being stripped of umpteen titles and forced to wear green and gold strips no one would be happy anyway.

The idea of a review is farcical. Anyone that cares has already determined the result in their head years ago.

Would anyone anyone actually believe the conclusions unless there was absolute condemnation and huge penalties for Rangers?

Beefster
11-09-2017, 07:00 PM
... and this could be the death of us...

Seriously. Some folk need to get things in perspective.

wookie70
11-09-2017, 07:01 PM
I appreciate it is on a different level entirely but if those fighting for Justice for the 96 had the same attitude it would still have been the fans who were to blame for Hillsborough. Some things are worth fighting for even if you think you will probably lose. Legal advice is often not worth the paper it is written on especially if it comes to the Establishment closing ranks.

The club has lost quite a bit of respect from me with this statement. It is as clear as day Rangers cheated and that needs to be sorted if only because the next time someone is booted out the Cup or docked points then it will just be brought up over and over. I would think that concentrating on Hibernian was a given for our club directors. For me that includes making sure our game, and its administrator are held to account and sporting integrity is at the forefront of that.

Onion
11-09-2017, 07:01 PM
I have read it, and while I would prefer the huns to be totally screwed I presume there are very good reasons why we have made this statement.

Ask yourself why there is only one club (allegedly) who wants to take this further?

Could it be that there is no point as there would be no satisfactory outcome?

I think thats what the statement says.

For me, this has gone way beyond screwing the Huns. This is about having confidence in the governance of the game and the people who are meant to be overseeing it. There have been far, far too many incidents over the last 6 years which more than suggests the SFA and SPFL are not competent to run our game. This latest refusal of the SFA to engage in an independent review (hiding behind some legal tripe) simply raises more concerns. Their call to "move on" is short hand for "let's get back to the old order" irrespective of the shafting all other clubs and fans take in the process.

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2017, 07:02 PM

They weren't "punished". A new club started in Division 2. I'd say the Newco were fortunate to be allowed to start there.

johnbc70
11-09-2017, 07:04 PM
I saw this more of an opportunity to lay bare the corruption in the SFA and the lengths they have bent the rules to suit one club. It's a stich up and we seem happy to keep nodding and playing along knowing the game is a bogey. Wasted opportunity to clear the decks of the cronies in the SFA who are happy picking up their large salaries that we pay for. Disappointed.

Pete
11-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Don't really like the statement but hey ho. I'm a football fan and I'll be supporting my team.

I'm not going to get too upset about stuff that only really involves our authorities and one other club.

In no way does this tarnish the good work the board have done.

🏆

johnbc70
11-09-2017, 07:06 PM
For me, this has gone way beyond screwing the Huns. This is about having confidence in the governance of the game and the people who are meant to be overseeing it. There have been far, far too many incidents over the last 6 years which more than suggests the SFA and SPFL are not competent to run our game. This latest refusal of the SFA to engage in an independent review (hiding behind some legal tripe) simply raises more concerns. Their call to "move on" is short hand for "let's get back to the old order" irrespective of the shafting all other clubs and fans take in the process.

Agreed, this goes far beyond just one club and is an opportunity missed to expose the corruption, or not, but we will never know now will we.

Ringothedog
11-09-2017, 07:06 PM

My opinion as well

inglisavhibs
11-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Truly pathetic! I'm glad I held back from buying season tix, our so called board, you have lost my business!
we never had it! i doubt you held back about an upcoming statement! i think it's you that's pathetic

Stoney Hibee
11-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Possibly the most disappointed I have been with club! If an athlete is caught doping he does not get to keep his medals!

Onceinawhile
11-09-2017, 07:09 PM
It's not title stripping. They haven't won any titles!

Assuming you're going along the new club argument, what have the new club rangers done wrong and how would you like to punish a defunct team?

Blaster
11-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Where's ozyhibby who has been the main poster for requesting a statement and sod the consequences. See the divide it's already causing at a time when there was a real feel good factor about the club

Hibs would've been better making no statement in the best interests of our club. My opinion obviously which I know many don't share

Tornadoes70
11-09-2017, 07:10 PM
I appreciate it is on a different level entirely but if those fighting for Justice for the 96 had the same attitude it would still have been the fans who were to blame for Hillsborough. Some things are worth fighting for even if you think you will probably lose. Legal advice is often not worth the paper it is written on especially if it comes to the Establishment closing ranks.

The club has lost quite a bit of respect from me with this statement. It is as clear as day Rangers cheated and that needs to be sorted if only because the next time someone is booted out the Cup or docked points then it will just be brought up over and over. I would think that concentrating on Hibernian was a given for our club directors. For me that includes making sure our game, and its administrator are held to account and sporting integrity is at the forefront of that.

The board have far more information than we have and I personally don't think any of our board are dishonest or do not have the clubs best interests at their core. I've made the choice to trust the board on this and get behind the club as a supporter of it. Most supporters will very probably reach the same conclusion of backing the club. Maybe its slowly slowly catchy monkey with change coming further down the line at the governing bodies.

GGTTH

Paisley Hibby
11-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Don't really like the statement but hey ho. I'm a football fan and I'll be supporting my team.

I'm not going to get too upset about stuff that only really involves our authorities and one other club.

In no way does this tarnish the good work the board have done.

🏆
This is how I feel too. Well said.

GORDONSMITH7
11-09-2017, 07:13 PM
I am far too slow. Still waiting for the Hibernian tops and Fans Reps coming back with how they challenged the Hundogs and the outcome after the disgraceful way Hibs fans, including myself, were treated, at the infamous Christmas bigotfest game. Today's statement does therefore not surprise me in the slightest.

Tracey and Frank.....speak to us!

BIG G

Paisley Hibby
11-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Assuming you're going along the new club argument, what have the new club rangers done wrong and how would you like to punish a defunct team?

And if you use the same argument, we've only won the Scottish Cup twice and should have 1893 on our badge.

Velma Dinkley
11-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Unless the review or investigation resulted in Rangers being stripped of umpteen titles and forced to wear green and gold strips no one would be happy anyway.

The idea of a review is farcical. Anyone that cares has already determined the result in their head years ago.

Would anyone anyone actually believe the conclusions unless there was absolute condemnation and huge penalties for Rangers?

A review isn't needed to strip titles. A review is needed to determine exactly who is responsible for allowing, or helping, Rangers to cheat for so long and actively avoiding applying the rules when it became clear to all that they had cheated more than any other club in the UK. The talk of legal advice and title stripping is a deliberate distraction. It is the football authorities that need to be investigated and held accountable.

tamig
11-09-2017, 07:18 PM
This. Hibs to me are the most important thing and the club are concentrating on Hibs. Can understand people's disappointment but as long as our house is order that's all I care about.

Happy to turn a blind eye to cheating then?

wookie70
11-09-2017, 07:18 PM
The board have far more information than we have and I personally don't think any of our board are dishonest or do not have the clubs best interests at their core. I've made the choice to trust the board on this and get behind the club as a supporter of it. Most supporters will very probably reach the same conclusion of backing the club. Maybe its slowly slowly catchy monkey with change coming further down the line at the governing bodies.

GGTTH

I admire your optimism but this stinks of the authorities circling the wagons and not challenging our governing bodies over this is the same as agreeing with all their actions as far as I am concerned. Scottish Football will remain corrupt for a very long time and will return to be run for the benefit of two clubs only. Those two monkeys will be well served whilst the rest of us continue to go bananas at the obvious bias in our game. Rangers are a sitting duck at the moment and I think teh club should have taken a shot at standing up for sporting integrity. It will probably be our best if not only chance.

I'm not sure I challenged the board's integrity or passion but I certainly worry about their bottle after this statement.

Greencore
11-09-2017, 07:20 PM
Shocking

McIntosh
11-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Truly unbelievable

Stonewall
11-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Very disappointed and deflated by this.

Will be interested to see if the RTC attempts to instigate a judicial review get off the ground if the legal advice is so unequivocal.

S4uzee
11-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Why even bother issuing a statement?

GORDONSMITH7
11-09-2017, 07:24 PM
A review isn't needed to strip titles. A review is needed to determine exactly who is responsible for allowing, or helping, Rangers to cheat for so long and actively avoiding applying the rules when it became clear to all that they had cheated more than any other club in the UK. The talk of legal advice and title stripping is a deliberate distraction. It is the football authorities that need to be investigated and held accountable.

Spot on amigo. Thank for cutting through other ephemeral stuff on here. It is as simple and clear as you have stated.

BIG G

Nicho87
11-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Just when there was a real good connection with the fans established it could all be tarnished through no back bone. Poor from Petrie and Dempster. Surprised is an under statement

Tornadoes70
11-09-2017, 07:27 PM
I admire your optimism but this stinks of the authorities circling the wagons and not challenging our governing bodies over this is the same as agreeing with all their actions as far as I am concerned. Scottish Football will remain corrupt for a very long time and will return to be run for the benefit of two clubs only. Those two monkeys will be well served whilst the rest of us continue to go bananas at the obvious bias in our game. Rangers are a sitting duck at the moment and I think teh club should have taken a shot at standing up for sporting integrity. It will probably be our best if not only chance.

I'm not sure I challenged the board's integrity or passion but I certainly worry about their bottle after this statement.

I get you mate and you make a lot of sense however it will hurt the club we all love when there's talks of boycotts and not going back and all that carry on. The board have spoken and I think we should trust their judgement and back them. The board have worked wonders for us recently getting Stokesy back and turning their back on bids for SJM, big crowds etc. Maybe the old saying of 'there's more than one way to skin a cat' is at play here. I'm a Hibernian supporter and will follow the Hi bees if there was no other action or not concerning the huns.

:flag:

The Modfather
11-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Very poor from the club. I'm not that bothered about stripping titles etc as that doesn't make much difference in day to day life, what I wanted though was an investigation to find out who knew what and what a blind eye was turned to.

There was lots of post cup final talk about the benefit of having one of our own in the SFA in Petrie. I had my doubts and this only strengthens my view that Petrie is as corrupt and self serving as the rest of the fat cats ruining our game.

Pretty Boy
No win situation for the club. Another enquiry would just be a whitewash anyway and no titles would go, anyone still in a position of power would have been protected and exonerated.

It's disappointing and I would have loved Hibs to have been one of the clubs to stand up to the crooked forces that run our game but it was always unlikely. It's difficult to accept Rangers have kept the titles they 'won' dishonestly but ultimately it cost them their club and knowing that deep down will always be punishment for them.

Tough to take? Yes. What I wanted? No. An unpopular decision taken for pragmatic purposes? Definitely. A disgrace? No, disappointing but not disgraceful. All imo of course.

Fuzzywuzzy
Our game can't get anymore corrupt. We have a governing body that has a board member who was part of the EBTs when they were hidden, through the liquidation and the farce that has been sevco. How can this be possible?

The game is rigged for one club (or two). You just need to wonder what they have over everyone.

Siralbertkidd
11-09-2017, 07:32 PM
The bit I struggle with is, why does there have to be any legal involvement. As competition organisers surely they make the rules and therefore implement then how they see fit

If I won the golf championships for years only later to be found out as a cheat I would lose the titles, no? Look at Jessica ennis getting a medal the over month, years after she was cheated.

Cheating is cheating.

Absolutely spot on. Strip them off the titles and let them spend the money on a legal action to try to get them back, or would they just "move on" as the Board expect us to?

The Harp Awakes
Too many snouts in the SFA trough who are fearful of getting found out by an independent enquiry it seems. It reeks of a cover up and sadly our Club seems to be complicit.

I remember speaking to a then SFA Board member just prior to the decision on Sevcos fate - he told me categorically that there was no way Rangers would drop more than 1 league. An independent enquiry would likely show up the lengths which the SFA went to trying to protect Sevco. In the end fan power ensured they were punished more severely - not severe enough I'd say.

Fan power may well pressurise the authorities into holding an independent review, despite the majority of Scottish Clubs frantically trying to sweep everything under the carpet.

Peevemor
It's a pragmatic decision, an enquiry won't satisfy the majority of those demanding one as it won't result in titles being stripped, the only real winners would be the lawyers. And one that has been taken knowing that it would be deeply unpopular with some fans.
Disappointing, yes. Disgrace? No.That's how I see it.

greenpaper55
11-09-2017, 07:33 PM
I wonder why the club decided to make any sort of statement, if they wanted the whole thing to blow over they have gone about it completely the wrong way and should have said nothing. Petrie eying the big job is the only way to look at the reason this statement was issued, shocking.

JeMeSouviens
11-09-2017, 07:34 PM

I don't want Sevco punished or facing sanctions or whatever. I want the competitions Rangers won with improperly registered players to facilitate tax evasion declared null and void.

tamig
11-09-2017, 07:34 PM
A lot of the "let's move on" crew have mentioned the "we can't challenge legal advice" tag. As others have mentioned, other sports have stripped titles when competitors have been caught cheating years after the event. I don't see how this can be different.

Chris McLauglin asked Regan on Sportsound tonight what that legal advice was and he said the info would be made available once the live case - the 2011 hun Euro licence being granted - was out the way.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 07:36 PM
I don't want Sevco punished or facing sanctions or whatever. I want the competitions Rangers won with improperly registered players to facilitate tax evasion declared null and void.

This.

If they're a "new club", then they haven't won any titles yet. All this talk of "stripping". You can't take something away that they don't have to begin with. But because of this ruling, then can go on pretending that they still have them while claiming to be a "new club".

JeMeSouviens
I wonder why the club decided to make any sort of statement, if they wanted the whole thing to blow over they have gone about it completely the wrong way and should have said nothing. Petrie eying the big job is the only way to look at the reason this statement was issued, shocking.

... and covering his back? He was involved in the 5 way agreement etc. What does he have to hide?

GordonHFC

This 100%

SirDavidsNapper

Embarrassing over reaction

Peevemor
11-09-2017, 07:37 PM
I wonder why the club decided to make any sort of statement, if they wanted the whole thing to blow over they have gone about it completely the wrong way and should have said nothing. Petrie eying the big job is the only way to look at the reason this statement was issued, shocking.Why would RP want "the big job"?

hibsbollah
11-09-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm disappointed because it goes against natural justice but does our club really have the power to fight against the powers of the establishment in this matter? The club has a lot of other things to concentrate on.

In the end of the day, we all know the score. The club calling itself Rangers have won **** all.

Eyrie
11-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Not wading through seven pages of presumably mostly outrage and resignation, so apologies for repeating anything that has already been said.

It's a poor statement that acknowledges neither the frustration felt by the many Hibs fans who have supported calls for the EBT decision to be revisited, nor the need to review how the EBT decision was made.

That decision was wrong because it did not apply the standard sanction laid down in competition rules regarding improperly registered players. The legal advice may be right that the decision cannot now be overturned, but the manner in which the decision was made should still be examined.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 07:40 PM

I wouldn't. It's not about punishing the new club. It's about the acknowledgement that they are a new club who have yet to win any silverware in the top flight.

People are talking about "punishment" and "stripping" and squabbling over whether this should happen or not. It's not even about that.

Thegreenside
11-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Absolutely outrageous. Now have supporters from every other club laughing at us. Shameful. Good few years of hard work undermined here

wearethehibs
11-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Not really bothered about that statement tbh.

Imagine the melt down on here if Hibs had to start financially backing another investigation at the expense of season ticket holders etc.

They have condemned what happened but don't want to get to deeply involved in it. Fair enough imo.

What really can he done anyway? That Huns team is dead.

neil7908
11-09-2017, 07:42 PM
I was really looking forward to this season, very positive vibes about the club.

Now I'm beginning to wonder why, for years now I've invested thousands of pounds to watch a competition that is basically rigged.

The OF have always had an unfair advantage in Scotland and them and their fans have got away with so much for as long as I can remember. But the last few years have shown just how appalling things really are.

If indeed the rules weren't strong enough to punish Rangers then why was that? Who is responsible for allowing such a shocking failure to police our game?

The biggest issue with this whole sorry affair is Rangers have learned absolutely nothing and our game hasn't changed a bit. The powers that be are still beholden to two clubs care nothing for the game.

But then why would they when clubs like Hibs aren't prepared to stand up for ourselves?

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2017, 07:44 PM

If there was an enquiry into Strathclyde police, it would be done by either another police force or an independent body.

Here we have the same folk who have been proven to have lied and cheated, making the rules up as they have gone along.

It's just pure madness, that some people are willing to just gloss over this, and move on.

The foxes are running the chicken coup, and we are all just standing back and accepting this.

Mental.

Paisley Hibby
11-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Why even bother issuing a statement?

Exactly. I'd rather we just keep quiet and carry on beating them 3-2 at every opportunity.

Hibbyradge
11-09-2017, 07:46 PM
If there was an enquiry into Strathclyde police, it would be done by either another police force or an independent body.

Here we have the same folk who have been proven to have lied and cheated, making the rules up as they have gone along.

It's just pure madness, that some people are willing to just gloss over this, and move on.

The foxes are running the chicken coup, and we are all just standing back and accepting this.

Mental.

What should we do to change things?

BegbieHSC
11-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Rod better decide what's more important to him - rubbing shoulders with the heid honchos at the SFA, or Hibernian Football Club. I'm sorry, but that statement has SFA fingerprints all over it. Its Hibernian or Regan!

What a way to kill the ****ing feel good factor at the club! This is as good as complicit in Rangers cheating. We as Hibernian supporters have a board who have put out a statement that is not only non-representative, but it is also embarrassing for us as football fans.

I'll be there on Saturday - Hibernian are my team, and no incompetent, unscrupulous and deluded board decision will ever change that. If there are any protests planned though, I'll be more than eager to oblige.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2017, 07:49 PM

An independent inquiry, let's see a transparent inquiry where we can all see the ducking and diving that went on.

What do the authorities have to hide?

Just Jimmy
11-09-2017, 07:52 PM
game is a bogie. worthless with this attitude.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Do we all join in with singing 'Sack the board' on Saturday or just those that feel strongly enough?

Baader
11-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Disappointing. The statement makes for a poor read.

DaveSo
11-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Beyond disappointing.
Totally scunnered by it.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2017, 07:56 PM

Aye cuase you were just about to go out and buy them in September right enough.

At least you've got an excuse now. You've got absolutely no right to comment on our board. You're not even a supporter.

johnbc70
11-09-2017, 07:57 PM

A hell of a lot, hence no independent enquiry.

Huge opportunity missed.

Malthibby
11-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Our game can't get anymore corrupt. We have a governing body that has a board member who was part of the EBTs when they were hidden, through the liquidation and the farce that has been sevco. How can this be possible?

The game is rigged for one club (or two). You just need to wonder what they have over everyone.

Yup, Hibs, along with the rest of the apologists are legitimising corruption. It's Carry On Regardless, except there's nothing remotely funny about any of it.
Our game stinks to high heaven & our club is as pathetic and acquiescent as the rest. That Hibs statement sounds as if it was copied verbatim from Jim Traynor's gob.
Why? Have we been tossed a bone on the quiet and given a pat on the head?
This isn't just about raking over the past, it's about the future and that future certainly seems to be orange. They'll be laughing all the way to the Lodge.
We were supposed to be the good guys; I'm completely gutted and astonisingly ashamed to be a Hibby tonight.
Glory, glory? I don't think so.

jacomo
11-09-2017, 08:00 PM
On the narrow legal point, the Board is probably right.

But, of course, this is by design. I think the 5 way agreement provided for the appointment of the LNS commission to give a veneer of respectability to proceedings while also allowing the SFA to duck their responsibilities.

Put it this way - the SFA hasn't appointed an independent commission in other cases of ineligible players.

As usual, one rule for Der Hun, another for everybody else.

Still, at least they died. I take comfort from that.

madhatter
Let's see this bright fair future in football with Scottish football alienating the common fans...

I'm sorry but why don't Hibs just spend money we don't have to win trophies? What's the point not doing this? Football clubs are barely punished for financial ineptitude and clearly in Scotland they are barely punished in football terms.

A football team gained a financial advantage which allowed it to win trophies while all other fans were paying to watch their teams play. I have to admit, this season will probably be my last ST, this has incurred a thought of "hope Scottish football dies" as this pathetic existence is miserable. No competition to win the league and league and finances are rigged in favour of Celtic and Rangers.

Teams can cheat to win trophies and they get to keep them...let's look to a bright future where is the broom?

Thecat23

All clubs get together and get an independent inquiry. I don't see what the issue is trying to find out who was all involved in this and punish them properly. Some of these clowns are still involved what does that say about those in charge of our game?

Onion
11-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Not really bothered about that statement tbh.

Imagine the melt down on here if Hibs had to start financially backing another investigation at the expense of season ticket holders etc.

They have condemned what happened but don't want to get to deeply involved in it. Fair enough imo.

What really can he done anyway? That Huns team is dead.

I assure you, you could easily have raised 10 x the amount required to fund a truly independent enquiry though "crowd funding" than needed. Irrespective of the outcome, I would happily have contributed to an enquiry if it was objective, independent and informative.

Doubt if i'd be alone in this. But no one asked. The authorities and Hibernian have simply hidden behind the "too expensive" rock in the hope this goes away. Awful attitude.

Mellow Hibee
This is madness.

Do they really think that by denying the review everyone will actually just forget about it?

If anything, by knocking back a review they have guaranteed that the whole thing will just go on and on and on.

scoopyboy
I would have preferred them to keep their mouth shut.

Exactly the way I feel about it.

Hibs were never going to get titles stripped from Rangers anyway so I would rather we as a club concentrated on ourselves.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 08:02 PM
You've got absolutely no right to comment on our board. You're not even a supporter.

What a pathetic, snivelling, arrogant thing to say. Anybody who takes an interest in the club has a right to post on here, regardless of how much each individual gives the club at any given time. For all you know, that poster has contributed far more to the club coughers than you ever will.

RMQ1967
11-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Well done to the Hibernian board for showing guts and leadership to draw a line under this. It was fun seeing the huns rage when they were demoted and I enjoyed seeing them stumble from one crisis to another in recent years but I can't wait for the end of this pointless campaign.

I've never been able to understand the point of people looking for the huns to be stripped of titles - they've celebrated the wins, they've lifted the cups, their players have their medals, they've won the money, they have the memories - taking titles away today or in the future won't change a single shred of that. If I was a hun or a hertz fan for that matter I'd be sitting laughing at the the folk sitting squealing about title stripping - I honestly wouldn't give a toss and I'm sure they don't either.

In practical terms, title stripping is as pointless as marching about celebrating battles from 300 odd years ago or singing about religion when you never set foot in a church - it's utterly pointless to pursue it any further and of absolutely no consequence to anyone apart for smelik.

Bostonhibby
11-09-2017, 08:07 PM
A review isn't needed to strip titles. A review is needed to determine exactly who is responsible for allowing, or helping, Rangers to cheat for so long and actively avoiding applying the rules when it became clear to all that they had cheated more than any other club in the UK. The talk of legal advice and title stripping is a deliberate distraction. It is the football authorities that need to be investigated and held accountable.This is my view as well. Even if it proved to be technically a legal grey area, take the morale high ground-find a way to recognise the titles were gained by cheating / unfair sporting advantage and get that in the record books forever.

That at least instils a bit of belief for the future.

Who's going to challenge the decision? Oldco? Sevco? Bring it on if it was to be sevco. Nice wee public exposure of how the authorities came to pass the Oldco titles on.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Well done to the Hibernian board for showing guts and leadership to draw a line under this. It was fun seeing the huns rage when they were demoted and I enjoyed seeing them stumble from one crisis to another in recent years but I can't wait for the end of this pointless campaign.

I've never been able to understand the point of people looking for the huns to be stripped of titles - they've celebrated the wins, they've lifted the cups, their players have their medals, they've won the money, they have the memories - taking titles away today or in the future won't change a single shred of that. If I was a hun or a hertz fan for that matter I'd be sitting laughing at the the folk sitting squealing about title stripping - I honestly wouldn't give a toss and I'm sure they don't either.

In practical terms, title stripping is as pointless as marching about celebrating battles from 300 odd years ago or singing about religion when you never set foot in a church - it's utterly pointless to pursue it any further and of absolutely no consequence to anyone apart for smelik.

How many times does it have to be said? They aren't being "stripped" of anything, as they haven't won anything. They claim themselves to be a new club, totally absolved from any of the wrong doings of the previous club. So what titles are there to be stripped away? :confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
11-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Disgusted.

madhatter
11-09-2017, 08:11 PM

Pointless? I'm sorry but if clubs can just spend money that they don't have or can cover to win trophies and then be punished in law...for football authorities to sweep this under the rug...only 1 thing becomes pointless - Professional Football.

History will show trophies for Rangers. Will it be appended with *Gained through illegal payment scheme/unfair financial play. No? Scottish football is pointless. Clubs will bend over backwards for Celtic and Rangers as before and we'll go back to fighting for their scraps. Again, Scottish football is pointless. Fair is not in Scottish Football's vocabulary, never has been. Pointless, eh?

Thecat23
11-09-2017, 08:11 PM

This is far from title stripping. Goes way, way beyond that. Back hand deals etc. Sorry but if you think the Hibs fans are in uproar just because of that you are wrong. I think majority who are angry want proper justice and an independent inquiry could have seen that.

mca
11-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Rod better decide what's more important to him - I'm sorry, but that statement has SFA fingerprints all over it.

Thats What i was Thinking.. :aok:

PeeKay
11-09-2017, 08:14 PM
"Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised"

This statement makes no sense. How can we ensure that there is no repeat without the full disclosure of facts that an independent review would provide? And why is it desirable to ensure there is no repeat of the issues raised, if those issues do not merit action now?

Onion
11-09-2017, 08:17 PM

I've never been able to understand the point of people looking for the huns to be stripped of titles - they've celebrated the wins, they've lifted the cups, their players have their medals, they've won the money, they have the memories - taking titles away today or in the future won't change a single shred of that.If I was a hun or a hertz fan for that matter I'd be sitting laughing at the the folk sitting squealing about title stripping - I honestly wouldn't give a toss and I'm sure they don't either.

You're right, Sevco /Rangers and Hearts don't care about title stripping. They could not care less about the whole concept :rolleyes: :crazy:

jgl07
11-09-2017, 08:17 PM
What a pathetic, snivelling, arrogant thing to say. Anybody who takes an interest in the club has a right to post on here, regardless of how much each individual gives the club at any given time. For all you know, that poster has contributed far more to the club coughers than you ever will.

How, by buying linctus for them?

jacomo
11-09-2017, 08:19 PM
"Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised"

This statement makes no sense. How can we ensure that there is no repeat without the full disclosure of facts that an independent review would provide? And why is it desirable to ensure there is no repeat of the issues raised, if those issues do not merit action now?

It's a fair point.

High-On-Hibs
11-09-2017, 08:19 PM
How, by buying linctus for them?

Well they'll need something to take away the taste of Rangers rectum I suppose.

Stanton
11-09-2017, 08:20 PM

Possibly one of the most ill considered badly thought out and pathetic posts I've ever had the misfortune to read on here. This logic is loved by Huns and corrupt SFA officialdom ....it's what makes their cheating so easy to get away with .....let's just leave the corrupt officaials in place huh ... the Huns were never demoted as you claim ....they ceased to exist and a new entity was granted a license to begin in the lowest tier .
We are supposed to believe that this new entity ( under the charlatan leadership of CHUCKY Green ) " bought " the history and goodwill of the oldco .....I mean WTF ....I despair I really do

madhatter
11-09-2017, 08:20 PM

Exactly :top marks

If we don't review what went wrong, claims of a fairer future are, just that, claims. Likely to be false claims in the fullness of time.

Honestly, Scottish Football stinks. Global Football stinks but we are particularly gifted at failing, we can't even ensure a fair league even when money is naturally scarce and league is mickey mouse.

Onion
11-09-2017, 08:22 PM

How right you are :top marks

The more you read it, the more it looks like like it was ghost written by Stuart Reagan. It is soooo out of tune with the great stuff Leanne and Hibs his have said and done over the last 3 years, you could be forgiven for thinking the SFA had hacked Hibs website.

matty_f
11-09-2017, 08:23 PM
An independent inquiry, let's see a transparent inquiry where we can all see the ducking and diving that went on.

Exactly this. :agree:

It needn't take up huge resource or cost for the club to say "yes, an enquiry is the right thing to do.".

I'd be massively concerned if having an appetite for doing what many of us feel is the right thing to do, had any impact on the board's ability to focus on a healthy future for the club.

What exactly would an independent enquiry prevent us from focusing on?

It's bollocks. Feels like a complete and utter cop out.

Hibrandenburg
11-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Losses against rangers and celtic have always been meaningless to me because it was always known it's to be expected. They've just become even more meaningless. What's the ****ing point?

Benny Brazil
11-09-2017, 08:25 PM
You are willing to tolerate corruption.

Good to know.

Disgraceful and cowardly statement Hibs. :brickwall

Ridiculous post - not what I said.

lord bunberry
11-09-2017, 08:26 PM
I'm angry and disappointed with that statement. I thought our club was better than that, but clearly we're just the same as the rest, cowards.
I will be at the game on Saturday as usual, but I'm not interested in anything the board has to say from now on, **** them.

The Harp Awakes
11-09-2017, 08:27 PM
This is madness.

Do they really think that by denying the review everyone will actually just forget about it?

If anything, by knocking back a review they have guaranteed that the whole thing will just go on and on and on.

Yep, which is why the statement is lunacy. The calls for an enquiry will just get louder as fans will smell a rat. A huge miscalculation by the Board and one they will regret. As others have mentioned, they'd have been better saying nothing.

Crazyhorse
11-09-2017, 08:27 PM

Cheating is cheating.

Me too. Alloa Athletic or someone else mis-registers a player and they get punished. They forfeit the game + other punishments. There is no need to involve lawyers. This rule breaking (mis-registration of a whole team)is completely within the sport. I said on another thread this morning it was time for Hibs management to pick a side. I'm shocked to see they have fallen into ranks behind sevco. Can say I'm surprised about Rod, he wants that SFA Chairmanship but I'm really disappointed by Leanne.

Cabbage East
11-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Extremely disappointed with that statement. Actually nah, I'm angry. All the goodwill that's been built recently and that's what we get.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Me too. Alloa Athletic or someone else mis-registers a player and they get punished. They forfeit the game + other punishments. There is no need to involve lawyers. This rule breaking (mis-registration themselves of a whole team)is completely within the sport. I said on another thread this morning it was time for Hibs management to pick a side. I'm shocked to see they have fallen into ranks behind sevco. Can say I'm surprised about Rod, he wants that SFA Chairmanship but I'm really disappointed by Leanne.

Could it be that all those folk are just sheiting themselves from the flack they would get from sevco sympathisers?

We've seen all the threats, and to be honest i wouldn't be wanting my head on the block.

Maybe they secretly want a fans led initiative?