PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT | EBT REVIEW

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

WhileTheChief..
12-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Do I have any faith in the integrity or ability of the SFA? Absolutely not.

I want an investigation to get to the bottom of who knew what and who did what. I fully believe the SFA is as corrupt/rigged as they are incompetent.

Is our Cup win tainted by corruption? Has there been suggestion anywhere that Rangers have been cheating since they were liquidated?

This is all to do with historical stuff as far as I can see. The game has moved on these past 5 years.

As for who who did what and when, I doubt anyone will be satisfied until Petrie, Doncaster and Regan are removed from their posts. If this doesn't suffice then maybe a short custodial sentence will finally see the end of it?!

celtic1888
12-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Now I know you're trolling.
I like at least one every other month

CapitalGreen
12-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Nope lol I was surprised as well as I thought u were as burnish as hearts until that point haha kidding btw

Any chance you can translate this into the Queen's English so we can understand it?

Peevemor
12-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Their cheating has a knock on effect that hits everyone.

Points gained unfairly against all teams could have made the difference of avoiding relegation for some teams or maybe qualifying for Europe.

Cheating could have cost us and others progress in Cups. We maybe missed trips to Hampden and potentially winning silverware coz of their cheating.

Their cheating helped them afford more better quality players . What about their signing of Latapy, Whitaker, Murray, Thomson? Course it had a knock on effect with us! They were able to afford Alex Mcleish at a time when he was doing good stuff at Easter Road.

I do understand why people dont care no matter what happens and prefer to do nothing . I had mates who couldn't be arsed protesting against the poll tax for example. I'm just glad there was enough of us who decided that doing nothing wasn't an option!

But even without their cheating and even if they hadn't lived beyong their means, they would still have had financial clout far in excess of anyone in Scotland except Celtic.

They didn't do the EBT stuff and overspend to win things in Scotland - they were trying to stay competetive in Europe where the real money is.

celtic1888
12-09-2017, 09:14 AM
Any chance you can translate this into the Queen's English so we can understand it?
******g predictive text lol

1875godsgift
12-09-2017, 09:14 AM
But even without their cheating and even if they hadn't lived beyong their means, they would still have had financial clout far in excess of anyone in Scotland except Celtic.

They didn't do the EBT stuff and overspend to win things in Scotland - they were trying to stay competetive in Europe where the real money is.

But to get into Europe in the first place they had to win things in Scotland surely?

Peevemor
12-09-2017, 09:16 AM
But to get into Europe in the first place they had to win things in Scotland surely?

Which they could have done without cheating given the amount of money they bring in compared to everyone else except Celtc.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Yeah, some of the comments from those most enthusiastic about all this make you question their sanity and judgement, to be honest.

There is a hell of a lot of playing men-not-balls going on from the 10% who support this decision. The rest of us are presumably not sufficiently blessed with your levels of perspicacity. :rolleyes:

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 09:19 AM

Can't excuse that as what if it cost us a place where the real money is made? definitely the top is true.

MacGruber
12-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Their cheating has a knock on effect that hits everyone.

Points gained unfairly against all teams could have made the difference of avoiding relegation for some teams or maybe qualifying for Europe.

Cheating could have cost us and others progress in Cups. We maybe missed trips to Hampden and potentially winning silverware coz of their cheating.

Their cheating helped them afford more better quality players . What about their signing of Latapy, Whitaker, Murray, Thomson? Course it had a knock on effect with us! They were able to afford Alex Mcleish at a time when he was doing good stuff at Easter Road.

I do understand why people dont care no matter what happens and prefer to do nothing . I had mates who couldn't be arsed protesting against the poll tax for example. I'm just glad there was enough of us who decided that doing nothing wasn't an option!

Did Hearts not benefit in all the same ways with their cheating?

They had players they couldn't afford. They couldn't honour contracts, weren't paying for **** all. Deliberately concealed their affairs, dodged tax, signed players ahead of us. They gained a sporting advantage with financial doping. That cost hibs more than whay Rangers cheating did.

Not that I'm disagreeing with the post I'm replying too!

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Did the huns cheat? Yes.

Do I care which of the old firm win the league or have most titles? No.

If the huns hadn't used EBTs would that have changed much for Hibs over that period? No.

Sorry, I just can't get into the same state as some over this.

Did the Moors murderers kill children? Yes.

Did they kill mine? No.

Oh well, that's alright then.

(reductio ad abdsurdum but ... :wink:)

1875godsgift
12-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Which they could have done without cheating given the amount of money they bring in compared to everyone else except Celtc.

So they cheated to gain a sporting advantage in Europe, but only half-halfheartedly cheated in Scotland because they didn't really have to?

Johnny Clash
12-09-2017, 09:26 AM

Their cheating meant they could afford better players in greater numbers so that gives them an unfair advantage in every game, in every competition and against every club they play. A few Hibs players were enticed and were directly involved in the EBT scandal but the money they saved coz of cheating allowed them a better squad.

Of course they've always had more resources than just about anyone else in Scotland but their cheating added to that and made a difference to their results.

Crazyhorse
12-09-2017, 09:29 AM
It was Regan who came out with this 'Best legal advice' line and the apologists/corrupt & spineless have clung to it like a drowning-man to a life-raft ever since - taking the word of the man who, outside of David Murray, is hugely responsible for this mess in the first place !. Regan has proved he is NOT to be trusted and it won't be too much of a shock if Celtic now go it alone and find a lawyer with a completely different view than that of Regans and I sincerely hope they do so !. The Hun cheated - end of !

It is unclear to me why our club had to say anything publically on the matter but the timing of this statement from Hibs/Petrie certainly seems to be designed to help out Regan who was starting to feel the pressure.

CB_NO3
12-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Against legal advice? And at what cost to the public purse?
If the public purse needs to be used for a national scandal invloving our national sport then so be it. Its the only way this can end.

The legal advice was against putting up a case for the stripping of the Oldcos titles. I accept there is no case for that.

Questions need to asked about the two governing bodies that run the national sport. How did this happen? What questions were asked of Rangers at the time? What is put in place to stop this thing happening again? I am sure the list goes on.

oldbutdim
12-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Did the Moors murderers kill children? Yes.

Did they kill mine? No.

Oh well, that's alright then.

(reductio ad abdsurdum but ... :wink:)

errorem scripsisse

:na na:

Peevemor
12-09-2017, 09:34 AM
It is unclear to me why our club had to say anything publically on the matter but the timing of this statement from Hibs/Petrie certainly seems to be designed to help out Regan who was starting to feel the pressure.

I think it was, in part, to support the fans' reps who had said that a statement was forthcoming. Hibs are pretty reactive to what is being said on social media.

lucky
12-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Good statement by the board. Clearly the legal advice states nothing more can be done. Time to move on, I don't see the point in always looking backwards. Lots of clubs financially cheated in different ways but that does not mean they broke the rules of the league or SFA.

lapsedhibee
12-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Good statement by the board. Clearly the legal advice states nothing more can be done. Time to move on, I don't see the point in always looking backwards. Lots of clubs financially cheated in different ways but that does not mean they broke the rules of the league or SFA.
That's true. However, The Old Thes had so-called "side letters" (have you heard of them?) which did break the rules.

And for all those who think looking back is wrong, do you ever look at photographs you've taken? In the past?

Phil MaGlass
12-09-2017, 09:50 AM
f,n joke of a statement from the club, very disappointed, lacks leadership and balls to stand up to a corrupt system.seems sporting integrity is indeed dead, well done Hibs on letting yourselves down.
GUTLESS SPINELESS *******S

Johnny Clash
12-09-2017, 09:50 AM

Thats exactly why the call is for an Independent Enquiry.
It sets the record straight. It then allows everyone to move on

I've seen similar stuff in the workplace where independent investigations were dodged. One sure way to ensure bad feeling continues for a long time!

Thecat23
12-09-2017, 09:53 AM

They did break the rules though you do know that right? They folded and changed their name, they started again because they got caught cheating but then claimed all the history back.

Hopefully this isn't new to you?

flash
12-09-2017, 09:57 AM
f,n joke of a statement from the club, very disappointed, lacks leadership and balls to stand up to a corrupt system.seems sporting integrity is indeed dead, well done Hibs on letting yourselves down.
GUTLESS SPINELESS *******S
Whether you agree with the board or not putting out a statement they know will make a large chunk of the punters go banzai is neither gutless or spineless.

snooky
12-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Their cheating meant they could afford better players in greater numbers so that gives them an unfair advantage in every game, in every competition and against every club they play. A few Hibs players were enticed and were directly involved in the EBT scandal but the money they saved coz of cheating allowed them a better squad.

Of course they've always had more resources than just about anyone else in Scotland but their cheating added to that and made a difference to their results.

That is only part of the tilted playing field that is Scottish football.

Add to the mix ...
1) the all-to-often blatant bias shown by refs and linesmen
2) preferable treatment to the big two when handing out punishments
3) the timing of dealing with sendings off
4) international team selections (OF players picked just because they are)
5) distribution of monies
6) the convenient absence of selected controversial decisions on TV highlights, etc.

Feel free to add more - I'm sure there are many.

The RFC EBT is but a small wedge in the Scottish Football corruption pie.

carnoustiehibee
12-09-2017, 10:05 AM

Why even come out with a statement that, surely the board knew, would be so controversial. Can't see Dundee I.c.t or Partick making Statements.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Why even come out with a statement that, surely the board knew, would be so controversial. Can't see Dundee I.c.t or Partick making Statements.

I think they came out with a statement because we asked them to. I suppose they deserve a little credit for letting us know where the club stands even if it is absolutely gutting that the club stands for turning a blind eye to weak and corrupt governance and letting cheats proclaim themselves winners. :boo hoo:

Big_Franck
12-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Just read the statement this morning and I have to say i'm really, really disappointed in our board. Our club don't support a review in to how oldco managed to cheat us year after year after year? Mind boggling.

It's so far from what the majority of fans want that it reminds me of the statement petrie put out after we were relegated by Hamilton. This undoes a fair bit of the good work the board has done over the last 2/3 years for me. Our board have shat it here.

Big_Franck
12-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Whether you agree with the board or not putting out a statement they know will make a large chunk of the punters go banzai is neither gutless or spineless.

Making the statement maybe isn't. Their stance is both gutless and spineless, though.

flash
12-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Making the statement maybe isn't. Their stance is both gutless and spineless, though.

That's your opinion. Not having seen all the relevant documentation I am unable to agree or disagree with any certainty.

green day
12-09-2017, 10:23 AM

Hibs made a statement because I a lot of fans demanded one....even if the content wasn't what some wanted.

Lack of statements/comment by other clubs could imply a lot.

Regan stated yesterday that he asked all SFA clubs (many more than the 42 in the SPFL) for feedback and - except Celtics letter - he received no emails, no letters, no phone calls.

I wonder if Doncaster and Lawell have made a lot of assumptions here?

Hibernia&Alba
12-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Have to say I'm with the majority opinion on the thread: I feel we've been sold out here. The issue we have is one of sporting integrity: for years football fans the length of breadth of Scotland were putting money into the national game, whilst at the same time the competition was loaded, having been corrupted by one club.

I'm afraid the statement from the club doesn't cut it. Saying let's concentrate on Hibs doesn't resolve the issue of cheating. Why can't we concentrate on both simultaneously? Why can't we get the bottom of the side letters, for example?

No, we can't have a whitewash here. Scottish football needs the stain of corruption removing; we all need the truth. Having being cheated by Rangers, let's not cheat ourselves.

Very unhappy.

MrSmith
From this to cowardice! Sporting Integrity? Sure!

Basildon Hibs
Hibs made a statement because I a lot of fans demanded one....even if the content wasn't what some wanted.

Regan stated yesterday that he asked all SFA clubs (many more than the 42 in the SPFL) for feedback and - except Celtics letter - he received no emails, no letters, no phone calls.

'Regan stated yesterday that he asked all SFA clubs (many more than the 42 in the SPFL) for feedback and - except Celtics letter - he received no emails, no letters, no phone calls.'

That doesn't mean to say that there won't be e-mails, letters forthcoming.... There's still time.:wink:

lapsedhibee
12-09-2017, 10:34 AM
[/B]

That is only part of the tilted playing field that is Scottish football.

Add to the mix ...
1) the all-to-often blatant bias shown by refs and linesmen
2) preferable treatment to the big two when handing out punishments
3) the timing of dealing with sendings off
4) international team selections (OF players picked just because they are)
5) distribution of monies
6) the convenient absence of selected controversial decisions on TV highlights, etc.

Feel free to add more - I'm sure there are many.

The RFC EBT is but a small wedge in the Scottish Football corruption pie.

Two things about the LNS report stand out for me as particularly corrupt. The first is about 'no sporting advantage' being obtained and the second is the phrase 'imperfectly registered players'. The 'no sporting advantage' blah was, even at the time, absurd, laughable. Since then Murray and McLeish (I think) have confirmed that The Old Thes signed players they wouldn't otherwise have been able to afford. And using 'imperfect' to describe the players' registration suggested that the registration was nearly perfect - if flawed then only in some minor, trivial detail. The correct phrase would have been 'improperly registered'. Not only not quite perfect, but in fact totally improper and as clear a breach of the rules as was imaginable.

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2017, 10:35 AM
I was working at last year's Scottish cup semi final and on my way home after it I heard Go On Hone British Soldiers. I turned around expecting to see some wayward Celts but nup, there was half a dozen young Hibs fans giving it laldy.
I actually worked both semis and the bassas put me in the hun end for our game. I was showering for a week ffs lol

If you have read this thread you will know most Hibs fans don't agree with our boards statement, but what they do they do for the good of Hibernian FC and for the game as they see it, rightly or wrongly .... in this case wrongly as most of us see it.
Celtic have a clear interest in this issue compared to every other club because they have most to gain, I'm willing to bet sporting integrity is a poor second to getting one over The Rangers in this instance, look at the reaction to Hibs statement on here, Celtic wouldn't dare come out with similar, even if they did think it was the thing to do, coz the crowd at Parkhead wouldn't be able to watch the game for the blizzard of protest banners put up by the 'green brigade'

You have already made your view clear on previous posts that you now see this as a Celtic crusade that clubs have to choose to support or not, and here's me thinking it was about the whole of Scottish football, not just Celtic v Rangers ...... and by the way, if you think making stuff up about the Hibs support is going to get folk onside you are way off base, most of us may be prepared to concede that Celtic are a more palatable institution than the Rangers, but only in the sense of who would you rather let into you house, the guy who is going to steal your telly or the guy who is going to steal £20 from your wallet?

Radium
12-09-2017, 10:36 AM
I'm absolutely loving the 'the story was leaked to board-friendly Hibs.net posters weeks ago' line.

This place is brilliant entertainment at times.

Given the number of leaks that have appeared over the years in relation to transfers, I don't think that it is beyond the realm of possibility that some on this board had a fair inkling of how the clubs board were going to play this.

A concerted media campaign on .net, maybe not. I've always thought that opinions naturally separate on message boards which is all that has happened.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170912/45d6ecea22dd21539201acd880da888b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
12-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Is it the case that Hibs are against re-examining the breaking of the rules, but are happy for an investigation into the handling of the whole affair, e.g. whether deliberately misleading information was given and was there a cover up?

Pretty Boy
12-09-2017, 10:52 AM
I agree with him. There has been co-ordinated "move on" rhetoric over the past few weeks and judging by the posters who started pushing this, they would have already known what the release statement was going to be well in advance. It was a clear attempt to try and tame the inevitable backlash for when the statement became public.

I'll no doubt get the typical "tin foil hat" responses from the very people who did co-ordinate this.

That's an incredible allegation.

Just to be clear you are suggesting the club has actively briefed individual fans or groups to follow a set rhetoric and dismiss criticism of the statement in a coordinated manner? Even by your standards that's absolutely ****ing bonkers.

Liam978
12-09-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm of the move on from the sorry episode chain of thought. I'm sick of the whole thing and if I hear EBT again I think I'll explode . It seems the board were thinking along the same lines as me and a good few others. The club can't please everyone.

Well said Dom, we are Hibs. sod the rest, onwards and upwards GGTTH.

Kato
12-09-2017, 10:53 AM
I'll no doubt get the typical "tin foil hat" responses from the very people who did co-ordinate this.

:rolleyes:

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 11:00 AM
We should start an independent thread:

club statement: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7871

NOT IN MY NAME!

Speedway
12-09-2017, 11:03 AM
'Sporting integrity' love it.

Sail on, ideological souls and take me to the major football league that isn't bent.

Oh. Wait. You can't. There isn't one.

Everyone, everywhere gets to the top of what they do by whatever means necessary.

'Sporting integrity'

Aye ok.

Firestarter
12-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Well said Dom, we are Hibs. sod the rest, onwards and upwards GGTTH.

Remember that the next time you feel cheated by the huns. Oh well, move on, onwards and upwards. :agree:

Firestarter
12-09-2017, 11:05 AM
'Sporting integrity' love it.

Sail on, ideological souls and take me to the major football league that isn't bent.

Oh. Wait. You can't. There isn't one.

Everyone, everywhere gets to the top of what they do by whatever means necessary.

'Sporting integrity'

Aye ok.

What like go millions into debt with no intention of paying back and wipe it all out in an admin event? We should go ahead and do so too. Whilst we are there lets see if there's any refs to bribe. :agree:

green day
12-09-2017, 11:07 AM
'Regan stated yesterday that he asked all SFA clubs (many more than the 42 in the SPFL) for feedback and - except Celtics letter - he received no emails, no letters, no phone calls.'

That doesn't mean to say that there won't be e-mails, letters forthcoming.... There's still time.:wink:

Thats very true, but I would have thought there was an element of "strike while the iron is hot" if you really really give a monkeys?

Heres a wee nugget for you - according to Tom English, Mike Mulraney (Alloa Chairman) is supportive of Celtics stance.

Now, as we know Alloa have not yet made a statement.

But Mike Mulraney is also on the SFA board along with Petrie, Regan etc. I wonder how his alleged support for Celtics stance squares with him being one of two SPFL rep sitting on the SFA board. :greengrin:greengrin

carnoustiehibee
12-09-2017, 11:16 AM

I wouldn't say "some" the majority don't agree with the statement. But maybe Petrie has played a blinder, made it knowing the fans would go mental and kick up a fuss for an independent inquiry.

Mikey
12-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Just catching up as I've been really busy tonight. Obviously disappointed in Hibs but not surprised.
Took me a while to read through the whole thread but have to say I'm very impressed with how quickly the 'move on' guys mobilised and the number of posts they have on the thread considering it's a subject they claim they have no interest in. It's almost as if it's co-ordinated. Impressive.

Most of what you post on here is utter guff but you're raising that to a new level here.

O'Rourke3
12-09-2017, 11:18 AM
It's taken me ages to read this thread. Some good points and some quite incredulous. The statment from the club terrifies me. I paraphrase - not willing to go back but keen on improving in the future - which kinda indicated they knew the crap that was going on. Maybe,potentially, there's an internal reorg within the SFA making sure it won't happen again. Very hard to see how when you know there's a problem you do nothing. "Mmmmn that leaking pipe will probably heal itself eventually - so lets not fix it just now when we've indentified it shall we?" If you want to predict the future - look at the past for indicators. Leopard can't change it's spots etc etc.

Celtic's governance and transparancy statement at the weekend was spot on. I was actually hoping the club I support was going for it's own JFK moment and support the investigation - along the lines of "We do these things because it is hard - not because it's easy but we can see the long term benefit."

Quite pissed off my my club at the moment.

GreenPJ
12-09-2017, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't say "some" the majority don't agree with the statement. But maybe Petrie has played a blinder, made it knowing the fans would go mental and kick up a fuss for an independent inquiry.

Perhaps the bigger plan is that Regan will step down, Petrie will get the top job and start to reform from within.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Most of what you post on here is utter guff but you're raising that to a new level here.

From you, that's a compliment.

green day
12-09-2017, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't say "some" the majority don't agree with the statement.

I dont know how many people are registered on .net, but 200 feel so strongly that they have voted that they dont like the board statement.

A bit like the Indyref or Brexit referendums, theres often an assumption that shouting loud and social media hits correlates with opinions on the ground.

There will be about 15000 there on Saturday, some will be in one camp, some will be in another, and some wont care.

Its impossible to state who has a majority.

The Modfather
12-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Perhaps the bigger plan is that Regan will step down, Petrie will get the top job and start to reform from within.

It's up for debate if Petrie is as corrupt and self serving as the others in the SFA. However based on the spiralling decline, that only Dempster had any idea how to reverse, I really hope he is never in charge of our game. It's badly enough run now as it is.

GreenPJ
12-09-2017, 11:31 AM
What is the aspect that has been referred to the Compliance Officer?

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 11:36 AM

The granting of a licence for the Old Huns to play in European competition in 2011-12.

They told the SFA that the "wee tax case" was in dispute with HMRC. Disputed tax bills aren't counted as being overdue by UEFA.

In the Craig Whyte trial, evidence from Old Huns officials contradicted that. They said they had given up and accepted the assessment.

Dobosz83
12-09-2017, 11:37 AM

Might be slightly off here but my understanding is that's to do with the granting of a license to play in European Competition in 2011 despite being on the verge of financial abyss.

Rangers board claimed there was an on going dispute with HMRC when this was in actual fact a lie as they knew they were goosed. They 'lied' to SFA to obtain license then lost to Maribor...

Liam978
12-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Remember that the next time you feel cheated by the huns. Oh well, move on, onwards and upwards. :agree:

Get a life, they were more than feeling cheated at Ibrox recently but do we care, I think not. GGTTH.

High-On-Hibs
12-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Get a life, they were more than feeling cheated at Ibrox recently but do we care, I think not. GGTTH.

Feeling cheated and being cheated are 2 different things. That lot feel cheated in any game where they aren't given the customary penalty. They feel cheated because they feel they have been overly punished, despite not being punished whatsoever and being awarded a free promotion into the professional leagues. They have no true concept of what being cheated actually means.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Feeling cheated and being cheated are 2 different things. That lot feel cheated in any game where they aren't given the customary penalty. They feel cheated because they feel they have been overly punished, despite not being punished whatsoever and being awarded a free promotion into the professional leagues. They have no true concept of what being cheated actually means.

Wasting your time I think. For Hibs I think it really is time to move on. Just have to accept it.

Lago
12-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Very sensible statement from Hibs.

High-On-Hibs
12-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Wasting your time I think. For Hibs I think it really is time to move on. Just have to accept it.

The club may accept it, but I certainly don't have to accept it. No fan has to accept it, they can only choose to do that.

Hiber-nation
12-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Very sensible statement from Hibs.

Hear hear. Time to move on.

High-On-Hibs
12-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Hear hear. Time to move on.

Move on to where? There's nowhere to move on to. Just more of the same.

jacomo
12-09-2017, 12:08 PM

This is the key point.

Legal advice is that the LNS Commission decision cannot be revisited, no matter how much we all howl at the moon.

I happen to think the LNS Commission was a stitch up, but spending further months and years trying to undo their decision might be futile.

The SFA is in desperate need of reform however. I want to see that happen.

Basildon Hibs
12-09-2017, 12:12 PM
This is the key point.

Legal advice is that the LNS Commission decision cannot be revisited, no matter how much we all howl at the moon.

I happen to think the LNS Commission was a stitch up, but spending further months and years trying to undo their decision might be futile.

Well looks like you're going to have a very long wait...😊

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 12:13 PM
If we are all to move on, can anyone help me understand what has been done so far in regard to the highlighted part of the statement.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170912/ab603d9fea0ae97acec4c6a97d5048d3.png

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 12:13 PM
This is the key point.

IF the PPI scandal can be undone, why not this? I personally feel there are too many fingers in that particular pie with no appetite to review and share. The apportioning of guilt and blame that would ensue will leave a bad taste in many a mouth ...

Pretty Boy
12-09-2017, 12:15 PM
I'm saying nothing more on this after this but here's my final thoughts.

On one hand it's very disappointing that Hibs have taken the stance they have. Rangers systematically disregarded the rules of the game for several years and at the very least seeked to gain an advantage from that. Seeing them taken to task would have been pleasing for everyone who has had to put up with their superior attitude over the years and their continuous bleating about how hard done by they were in recent years.

On the other hand I don't believe for a single second Hibs took this decision lightly. I think accusations about it being 'spineless' or 'cowardly' are wide off the mark. This was a decision that was going to upset a lot of people and put the board right in the firing line, to still take that decision took a level of guts. The Hibs board make the decisions they do because they believe they are correct for the football club, whether I or others agree with them is a different matter of course. Presented with all the facts Hibs have made a decision they believe to be the correct one. Do I particularly like it? No. Do I believe it has been done maliciously or with an ulterior motive to pretend Rangers misdemeanours didn't happen? No.

Scottish football can spend the next few years tearing itself apart and at the end of it we'll get a verdict from an enquiry that tells us what I already know, Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic, Dumdee Utd and whoever else fans already know, Rod Petrie already knows and deep down both Dave King and wee Billy fae Larkhall also already know: Rangers acted dishonestly and there was voices within the SFA, then SPL and SFL and now SPFL who wished it to be dismissed, forgotten and covered up. If people really want to turn their back on their club to have something they already know unofficially made official then so be it; personally I'd rather continue focussing on Hibs own upward curve and continue despising Rangers as an institution as I always have.

Brizo
12-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Our club has been silent on the treatment of their own fans at Ibrox over the years so Id have been amazed if they had taken any kind of stand against the outcome of the EBT Review.

Petrie and Dempster are ultimately politicians with a small p. It is not in their interests , either career wise or influence wise, to go against the establishment party line.

I'm more dissapointed with our fan reps who I take it were part of the "unanimous" board vote, referred to in the statement. While dotnet is at best a snapshot of a very small section of the support, Tracey and Frank have shown themselves to be the boardroom puppets I always expected them to be.

MyJo
12-09-2017, 12:23 PM
If we are all to move on, can anyone help me understand what has been done so far in regard to the highlighted part of the statement.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170912/ab603d9fea0ae97acec4c6a97d5048d3.png

https://www.sfm.scot/sfa.pdf - section 3

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 12:25 PM
I'm saying nothing more on this after this but here's my final thoughts.

On one hand it's very disappointing that Hibs have taken the stance they have. Rangers systematically disregarded the rules of the game for several years and at the very least seeked to gain an advantage from that. Seeing them taken to task would have been pleasing for everyone who has had to put up with their superior attitude over the years and their continuous bleating about how hard done by they were in recent years.

On the other hand I don't believe for a single second Hibs took this decision lightly. I think accusations about it being 'spineless' or 'cowardly' are wide off the mark. This was a decision that was going to upset a lot of people and put the board right in the firing line, to still take that decision took a level of guts. The Hibs board make the decisions they do because they believe they are correct for the football club, whether I or others agree with them is a different matter of course. Presented with all the facts Hibs have made a decision they believe to be the correct one. Do I particularly like it? No. Do I believe it has been done maliciously or with an ulterior motive to pretend Rangers misdemeanours didn't happen? No.

Scottish football can spend the next few years tearing itself apart and at the end of it we'll get a verdict from an enquiry that tells us what I already know, Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic, Dumdee Utd and whoever else fans already know, Rod Petrie already knows and deep down both Dave King and wee Billy fae Larkhall also already know: Rangers acted dishonestly and there was voices within the SFA, then SPL and SFL and now SPFL who wished it to be dismissed, forgotten and covered up. If people really want to turn their back on their club to have something they already know unofficially made official then so be it; personally I'd rather continue focussing on Hibs own upward curve and continue despising Rangers as an institution as I always have.

Whilst I agree to an extent, your last paragraph re turning backs, I cannot be part of a criminal cabal who have acted and are acting immorally in attempting to cover this up. This is principle now for me. Let us not be confused by poor housekeeping, losing files nor ignorance, this episode was organised and was right at the heart of the SFA/SPL who allowed it to happen. Moving on does not and will not ever resolve this to allow fit and proper justice to be served.

Also and personally, I feel the rolling out of the legal minds statements is a complete red herring!

Evil prevails when good men and women fail to act!

HoboHarry
12-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Whilst I agree to an extent, your last paragraph re turning backs, I cannot be part of a criminal cabal who have acted and are acting immorally in attempting to cover this up. This is principle now for me. Let us not be confused by poor housekeeping, losing files nor ignorance, this episode was organised and was right at the heart of the SFA/SPL who allowed it to happen. Moving on does not and will not ever resolve this to allow fit and proper justice to be served.

Also and personally, I feel the rolling out of the legal minds statements is a complete red herring!

I agree with you about the legal advice. Amazing to me that Regan simply has to state that they took legal advice and people accept that as gospel.

marinello59
12-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Nobody is saying that all those who disagree are part of some great conspiracy. But if you dare to go back a few weeks in the Rangers thread, you'll notice a few posters who suddenly changed their tune from calling for action, to "lets move on". Posters with high post counts on here who are known to have close connections with club insiders. It doesn't take much to work out that they got an inside scoop on what the tone of the official statement was going to be and as such was attempting to prepare this board for the inevitable backlash.

Some people have been saying for ages that we should just move on and that's fair enough. But there are certain posters who had a sudden change of heart on the issue all at the same time, dating back a few weeks prior to this statement release.

Name them.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 12:40 PM
I agree with you about the legal advice. Amazing to me that Regan simply has to state that they took legal advice and people accept that as gospel.

And poor old Peter Lawell hasn't spoken to a single lawyer. I wonder if he got the same legal advice?

KWJ
12-09-2017, 12:41 PM
I dont know how many people are registered on .net, but 200 feel so strongly that they have voted that they dont like the board statement.

A bit like the Indyref or Brexit referendums, theres often an assumption that shouting loud and social media hits correlates with opinions on the ground.

There will be about 15000 there on Saturday, some will be in one camp, some will be in another, and some wont care.

Its impossible to state who has a majority.

Stand up if you want this - sit down if you want this - wave your hands in the air if you just don't care.

But then the tannoy wouldn't work in the east.

Clearly we need to install voting buttons with every seat.

Basildon Hibs
12-09-2017, 12:41 PM

You'll notice that Regan doesn't give the actual names of all these QC's and legal bigwigs that they sought advice from...?

stantonhibby
12-09-2017, 12:44 PM
You'll notice that Regan doesn't give the actual names of all these QC's and legal bigwigs that they sought advice from...?

Thought it had been published ? From Gerry Moynahan QC.

KWJ
12-09-2017, 12:45 PM

So?

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 12:46 PM
So?

We need to see minutes of meetings, schedules of meetings, legal advice and all the legalities surrounding this to ensure they are being truthful. Can we trust the SFA/SPFL? Really??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Jeopardy_(Scotland)_Act_2011

marinello59
12-09-2017, 12:47 PM

No, we don't. But any response has to be well balanced, clearly focussed and designed to unite the support rather than what we are seeing from some on this thread. My initial reaction last night was to accept it was time to move on. I really did not expect Hibs to come out against an enquiry, I thought a cleverer game was being paid. That's what I get for assuming things. :greengrin This isn't over.
If fans want to fight this then there firstly has to be a clear understanding of just why the club have taken this stance. There is a certain logic in the legal advice argument, let lawyers loose and they will bleed the game for as much as they can get. (Apologies to all the decent lawyers out there. :greengrin)That means getting full access to the legal advice the SFA received.
We can't follow the lead of some of the more hysterical Celtic bloggers but we can assist the work being done by Celtic FC.

CropleyWasGod
12-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Thought it had been published ? From Gerry Moynahan QC.

That was the SPFL

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-press-release-84/

stantonhibby
12-09-2017, 12:49 PM
That was the SPFL

Ah.....ok , thanks.

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 12:51 PM
No, we don't. But any response has to be well balanced, clearly focussed and designed to unite the support rather than what we are seeing from some on this thread. My initial reaction last night was to accept it was time to move on. I really did not expect Hibs to come out against an enquiry, I thought a cleverer game was being paid. That's what I get for assuming things. :greengrin This isn't over.
If fans want to fight this then there firstly has to be a clear understanding of just why the club have taken this stance. There is a certain logic in the legal advice argument, let lawyers loose and they will bleed the game for as much as they can get. (Apologies to al the decent lawyers out there. :greengrin)That means getting full access to the legal advice the SFA received.
We can't follow the lead of some of the more hysterical Celtic bloggers but we can assist the work being done by Celtic FC.

in bold is where I am.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 12:57 PM
If fans want to fight this then there firstly has to be a clear understanding of just why the club have taken this stance. There is a certain logic in the legal advice argument, let lawyers loose and they will bleed the game for as much as they can get. (Apologies to all the decent lawyers out there. :greengrin)That means getting full access to the legal advice the SFA received.

Wow, get you Mr Militant! :wink:

The full legal advice is key. In particular, what precisely was the question asked? If it was "can we impose fines, transfer bans or other such sanctions on the current Rangers FC for the sins of the old Rangers?" Then I think that's a total red herring. I don't want the New Huns punished, I want the competitions won by cheats to be declared void.

I also want everything Regan, Doncaster and whoever else did and said laid open for public scrutiny. Maybe then we'll have an atmosphere in Scottish football where the "authorities" respect their own rules more than the perceived value of tv contracts. :rolleyes:

KWJ
12-09-2017, 01:04 PM
I think it's a decent statement by the club. Professional and well thought out. Should the fans not accept it though we need to reply in similar fashion.

Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised

We prefer the latter option - working to ensure that in the future our game is fairer and more open, and has the potential to secure greater commercial income to fund further improvement for the longer term

If fans think that the game is a bogey then there's no point working towards the latter. I agree that we need to ensure that it never happens again but surely part of that is finding out exactly what happened and whether or not they are still in a position to make the same errors of judgement.

I know that there are some things in place now but I couldn't tell you what they are. There's also been very little criticism and shaming off Rangers & Hearts by the authorities at be.

As the FFP rules that we hear about are more aimed at the mega rich clubs is there parts of it that trickle down to say clubs can't spend over a certain amount of their income on wages? If not the FFP then the SPFL/SFA need to be on this.

number9dream
12-09-2017, 01:05 PM
This is the key point.

While the conclusion of the LNS commission was baffling, that's not the focus of the independent review Celtic are agitating for. The call is for an investigation into the game's governance at the time. Rod Petrie was in the thick of it and should be well placed to shed light on what went down in the corridors of power at Hampden.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 01:06 PM
I think it's a decent statement by the club. Professional and well thought out. Should the fans not accept it though we need to reply in similar fashion.

If fans think that the game is a bogey then there's no point working towards the latter. I agree that we need to ensure that it never happens again but surely part of that is finding out exactly what happened and whether or not they are still in a position to make the same errors of judgement.

I know that there are some things in place now but I couldn't tell you what they are. There's also been very little criticism and shaming off Rangers & Hearts by the authorities at be.

As the FFP rules that we hear about are more aimed at the mega rich clubs is there parts of it that trickle down to say clubs can't spend over a certain amount of their income on wages? If not the FFP then the SPFL/SFA need to be on this.

We have no FFP rules in Scotland.

Moulin Yarns
12-09-2017, 01:06 PM

The full legal advice is key. In particular, what precisely was the question asked? If it was "can we impose fines, transfer bans or other such sanctions on the current Rangers FC for the sins of the old Rangers?" Then I think that's a total red herring. I don't want the New Huns punished, I want the competitions won by cheats to be declared void.

I also want everything Regan, Doncaster and whoever else did and said laid open for public scrutiny. Maybe then we'll have an atmosphere in Scottish football where the "authorities" respect their own rules more than the perceived value of tv contracts. :rolleyes:

Maybe someone with the time and inclination needs to edit the wiki pages for the tainted trophies and ex football club to reflect the void years and see if anyone notices :wink:

KWJ
12-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Maybe someone with the time and inclination needs to edit the wiki pages for the tainted trophies and ex football club to reflect the void years and see if anyone notices :wink:

Ah, the Barry Bonds asterisk.

KWJ
12-09-2017, 01:12 PM
We have no FFP rules in Scotland.

This does not make me think we're doing all we can to avoid such things from reoccurring.

jacomo
12-09-2017, 01:14 PM
While the conclusion of the LNS commission was baffling, that's not the focus of the independent review Celtic are agitating for. The call is for an investigation into the game's governance at the time. Rod Petrie was in the thick of it and should be well placed to shed light on what went down in the corridors of power at Hampden.

I agree with that and am very disappointed that Hibs do not support such a move.

But that wouldn't strip titles from Rangers, which is what people want.

Deansy
12-09-2017, 01:21 PM
https://www.sfm.scot/sfa.pdf - section 3

Oops! That page can't be found

Yup - it's amazing that some folk are accepting the 'Top legal advice' solely because Regan says so ??

Exactly - there's questions and then there's LOADED questions !!. It'd be very interesting to read/listen to exactly what was asked and exactly what answers were given !!. I find it very hard to believe that Regan, who's had a complete and utter nightmare from start to finish in all of this, is suddenly firing on all cylinders and getting everything right, along with being honest at the same time !. Yes, he's covering his own XXXX but the man is at the very least, a clown and about as trustworthy as Dave King !

MrSmith
I agree with that and am very disappointed that Hibs do not support such a move.

But that wouldn't strip titles from Rangers, which is what people want.

The titles being stripped would be cool but there are bigger issues relating to this. I want to see a complete open and transparent review conducted and those who are responsible for criminalising our game, dealt with appropriately.

G B Young
How much of the anger here is fuelled by the fact it's the huns? Or is everyone genuinely only concerned about ensuring legal fair play? ie would we be so up in arms if the club involved was, say, Aberdeen or Dundee United?

Much as it pains us to see the huns effectively 'getting away with it' is it really likely that the SFA are lying about the legal advice they've received? Happy as I am to see the huns suffer at every opportunity I'm personally prepared to trust the Hibs board on this matter. Petrie was no friend of the oldco Rangers when they were liquidated and I don't think Hibs would have issued this statement if they weren't wholly convinced that there is no merit in taking things further.

In the same way that Hearts will never shake off the stigma of having walked away from £30 million of debt after achieving on-pitch success with money they didn't have, this issue will dog Rangers for many years to come, review or no review. That in itself should give us a fair degree of satisfaction.

hibsbollah
12-09-2017, 01:26 PM
How much of the anger here is fuelled by the fact it's the huns? Or is everyone genuinely only concerned about ensuring legal fair play? ie would we be so up in arms if the club involved was, say, Aberdeen or Dundee United?

Much as it pains us to see the huns effectively 'getting away with it' is it really likely that the SFA are lying about the legal advice they've received? Happy as I am to see the huns suffer at every opportunity I'm personally prepared to trust the Hibs board on this matter. Petrie was no friend of the oldco Rangers when they were liquidated and I don't think Hibs would have issued this statement if they weren't wholly convinced that there is no merit in taking things further.

In the same way that Hearts will never shake off the stigma of having walked away from £30 million of debt after achieving on-pitch success with money they didn't have, this issue will dog Rangers for many years to come, review or no review. That in itself should give us a fair degree of satisfaction.

Your question suggests that some of us might have an innate bias against the Huns which is influencing the anger of the fans at large. But it's self evidently going to be worse for us that specifically the Huns have got away with it because they won the titles! If Aberdeen had been caught financial doping it wouldn't be relevant to the discussion about overturning titles (or to be more accurate, falsely claimed titles that were won by another legal entity).

jacomo
12-09-2017, 01:28 PM
The titles being stripped would be cool but there are bigger issues relating to this. I want to see a complete open and transparent review conducted and those who are responsible for criminalising our game, dealt with appropriately.

:agree:

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 01:29 PM

That is a hypothetical scenario at best for now. As we are in reality and the facts are that Rangers cheated it needs dealt with. No matter who it was (answering hypothetically) the law should be applied equally and justice served.

The problem we have is that, the SFA could easily allow independent auditors into review their books (so to speak) but are refusing to! Why? If there is no problem nor criminal activity past nor present then, allow a review!

Dan Sarf
12-09-2017, 01:29 PM

Nail, hammer, head.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 01:31 PM

I take it you don't interact with the Muppets much? Shame? Not a shred of it. :rolleyes:

High-On-Hibs
12-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Name them.

Funny, you were the first one to come to mind. Here's a post you made on the Rangers mega thread a few weeks earlier.

And what if you don't like the statement they put out.
I'd rather they concentrated on getting it right on the pitch for us rather than getting distracted by fans demands to give Sevco another good kicking.

That reads to me as someone who had a pretty good idea what the flavour of the statement was going to be well in advance.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2017, 01:33 PM
This is the key point.

The SFA is in desperate need of reform however. I want to see that happen.Respect your opinion and I rarely allow my passion for Hibs to get into the boring but necessary stuff I did for a living.

All I can say is if the first and "authoritative" legal advice I got was taken as gospel and never tried I'd be destitute.

As a generality I'd say about 60% of what the advice at the outset was in line with how the issue ended. You can definitely get "advice" tailored to your needs. Often works in the short term if the people you are looking to deter haven't got the cash to fight.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

green day
12-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Funny, you were the first one to come to mind. Here's a post you made on the Rangers mega thread a few weeks earlier.

That reads to me as someone who had a pretty good idea what the flavour of the statement was going to be well in advance.

Aye, alright then.

Thats paranoia taken to the nth degree.

People were screaming for a statement. He said "thats all very well, what if it doesnt say what you want".

Just because some people had the common sense to ask a (blatantly) obvious question doesnt mean they were privy to any insider knowledge.

madhatter
12-09-2017, 01:38 PM

I think a lot of fans are in this position - Hibs have accepted to let the past go (fine to a degree), Hibs have claimed they'd rather focus on a fairer, brighter, future (no details of what that entails and the plan to achieve it with an accompanying timescale). We are talking about improving Scottish Football and can you honestly tell me that from Hibs' statement we should be at peace that that will be delivered? More of the same, we are happy with our tiny slice from the leftovers of Celtic and Rangers is what that seems like. Club need to look after themselves but to not consult fans on this while trying to achieve fan ownership is a disgrace. HSL where are you? Where is Charlie Reid? Do you guys only come out when you want more money? Where are our fans reps? Where is our pathway to the Hibs' board? This issue has opened a fairly large can of "is this really fan ownership?". Scottish Football and Football at large will never be fair and I think Hibs' board members are aware of that. So I think the statement is slightly condescending.

Are our fans reps merely figure heads? I've heard of some good work they've done but they always seem to be invisible on social media and also seem to have acted without fan consultation on this one. Giving our tardiness on releasing this statement a consultation process could have occurred but didn't.

Fan ownership is a beautiful thing, eh?

Pretty Boy
12-09-2017, 01:42 PM

That's one 'outed', what about the rest?

I'm just curious because I've been an admin on here for years now and I'm somewhat disappointed to have been left out of the loop when this conspiracy was being planned and then delivered.

Nameless
12-09-2017, 01:50 PM

I'm just curious because I've been an admin on here for years now and I'm somewhat disappointed to have been left out of the loop when this conspiracy was being planned and then delivered.That's cause they secretly don't like you. I'm not trying to stir, but the other Admins talk about you when your gone....sucks to be you Bro [emoji53]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

BroxburnHibee
12-09-2017, 02:06 PM

Clearly you're minds made up so you'll have no idea how ridiculous this sounds.

Pretty Boy
12-09-2017, 02:07 PM
That's cause they secretly don't like you. I'm not trying to stir, but the other Admins talk about you when your gone....sucks to be you Bro [emoji53]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

You're probably spot on.

Think it stems from the time I took the supermarket wine to one of Rod Petrie and David Forsyths semi legendary gatherings. Poor form from myself.

.Sean.
12-09-2017, 02:08 PM
I notice the fans reps are remarkably quiet regarding this shambles.

MrSmith
12-09-2017, 02:15 PM
I notice the fans reps are remarkably quiet regarding this shambles.

I visited HibeesBounce earlier, there is a thread similar to this but it appears both T&F are writing a statement and are going to post it there. Odd if true???

Bostonhibby
12-09-2017, 02:15 PM

I'm just curious because I've been an admin on here for years now and I'm somewhat disappointed to have been left out of the loop when this conspiracy was being planned and then delivered.Just adding my view that there really isn't a conspiracy along the lines suggested. The site has better admins and is better run than that.

At worst there's a wee band that might get a bit of info earlier then it snowballs.

ronaldo7
12-09-2017, 02:16 PM

I'm just curious because I've been an admin on here for years now and I'm somewhat disappointed to have been left out of the loop when this conspiracy was being planned and then delivered.

It's those ******* who, instead of taking the prize of hospitality for themselves, opened it up on here as some sort of bribe, in the form of a competition with the chance to sit in the comfort of hospitality with a pal. 😆

HNA7
12-09-2017, 02:19 PM
It's those ******* who, instead of taking the prize of hospitality for themselves, opened it up on here as some sort of bribe, in the form of a competition with the chance to sit in the comfort of hospitality with a pal. 😆

All prizes are bought and paid for by hibs.net, they're not gifts from the club.

The two conspiracy theorists are just showing themselves up to be total idiots who are looking for something to lash out at because they haven't got what they want.

Islington Hibs
12-09-2017, 02:21 PM
I suspect I will be pilloried for this email but....

He who cast the first stone. Yes Hearts and Rangers cheated but they were not the only ones. I, as an investor in Edinburgh Hibernian plc, under Duff and Gray, did not do so differently. Remember the pubs that were to secure our future? I seem to remember Edinburgh Hibernian plc went into administration and it is a pretty fine line that the subsidiary football club did not.

To be clear I am not saying we cheated on the industrial scale others did, or indeed that unfair competition did not undermine our performance, particularly against Hearts over a decade or more, but to be honest what's to be done? You know Nelson Mandela could have decided to cast the previous regime in jail, or worse. He chose to be big. There is little mileage on seeking redress when in reality there can be none. Moreover, Hibs would look small seeking it. Far better for the fans to ensure The Rangers (2012 or whatever year it was) and Hearts are reminded from the terrace rather than a board room.

Instead we are handing a victory of sorts by totally over-reacting to what seems to me to be the only realistic course the Board could take.

ronaldo7
All prizes are bought and paid for by hibs.net, they're not gifts from the club.

The two conspiracy theorists are just showing themselves up to be total idiots who are looking for something to lash out at because they haven't got what they want.

It must have been those visits to East mains then. 😆

Bostonhibby
Fan ownership is a beautiful thing, eh?

Agreed. I'd always wanted to get to the point where fans, HSL or otherwise have enough shares to be blockers to romanov style takeovers rather than owners. After that is achieved I'm out.

marinello59
12-09-2017, 02:29 PM

Maybe if you took the time to read what people actually said in their posts rather than what you think they have said then you wouldn't come out with nonsense like this.
On which ****ing planet would I be privy to inside knowledge from the club? Anybody that knows me will know how ridiculous that is. :faf::faf::faf:

Iain G
12-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Maybe if you took the time to read what people actually said in their posts rather than what you think they have said then you wouldn't come out with nonsense like this.
On which ****ing planet would I be privy to inside knowledge from the club? Anybody that knows me will know how ridiculous that is. :faf::faf::faf:

You are Tam McCourt and I claim my £5 and a clean pair of socks :agree:

silverhibee

I heard from some admin pricks that you couldn't be bought over with a Xbox at the time.

Now you know how you were left out the loop de hoop.

:devil:

JeMeSouviens

He who cast the first stone. Yes Hearts and Rangers cheated but they were not the only ones. I, as an investor in Edinburgh Hibernian plc, under Duff and Gray, did not do so differently. Remember the pubs that were to secure our future? I seem to remember Edinburgh Hibernian plc went into administration and it is a pretty fine line that the subsidiary football club did not.

To be clear I am not saying we cheated on the industrial scale others did, or indeed that unfair competition did not undermine our performance, particularly against Hearts over a decade or more, but to be honest what's to be done? You know Nelson Mandela could have decided to cast the previous regime in jail, or worse. He chose to be big. There is little mileage on seeking redress when in reality there can be none. Moreover, Hibs would look small seeking it. Far better for the fans to ensure The Rangers (2012 or whatever year it was) and Hearts are reminded from the terrace rather than a board room.

Instead we are handing a victory of sorts by totally over-reacting to what seems to me to be the only realistic course the Board could take.

So athletics can declare cheating athletes retrospectively didn't win competitions.
Cycling can declare cheating cyclists retrospectively didn't win competitions.
Swimming can declare cheating swimmers retrospectively didn't win competitions.
Baseball can declare cheating batters retrospectively didn't win competitions.

... but there's nothing to be done in Scottish football? Ok then. :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
12-09-2017, 02:34 PM
On which ****ing planet would I be privy to inside knowledge from the club? Anybody that knows me will know how ridiculous that is. :faf::faf::faf:So you're not Petrie then? I'm going to have to rethink who I have been sucking up to.

FFS

Thecat23
12-09-2017, 02:40 PM
So athletics can declare cheating athletes retrospectively didn't win competitions.

But... but... it's just to much money apparently 🙄

sadtom
12-09-2017, 02:41 PM
It sets a precedent for me.
If i ever fall foul of the law, i now fully expect to be told by the authorities that it's all ok, in the past and that i'm free to go and enjoy my bright future.

hibsbollah
12-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Im loving this apartheid South Africa metaphor. It really appeals to my surreal side. Who is Mandela in this analogy? Lancaster? Does this make the Rangers board FW Botha and maybe Rod Petrie is Desmond Tutu:not worth

Cheered me up on a depressing day.

blackpoolhibs
12-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Lord Lucan can come out of hiding now, enough money has been spent searching for him, enough is enough. It's time he was allowed to just get on with whats left of his life.

Please let him look forward instead of back.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Im loving this apartheid South Africa metaphor. It really appeals to my surreal side. Who is Mandela in this analogy? Lancaster? Does this make the Rangers board FW Botha and maybe Rod Petrie is Desmond Tutu:not worth

:greengrin

Who gets to play the South African resident who has 63 tax related convictions there that is probably fairly pleased that Hibs have decided to give the business he was involved with pre and post their liquidation, a wee hand up here?

Moulin Yarns
12-09-2017, 02:54 PM

Petrie in a tutu!! Now there is a vision :greengrin

Pete
12-09-2017, 02:55 PM

Mandela chose to be big.

:hmmm:

hibsbollah
12-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Mandela chose to be big.

:hmmm:

And I think it's an appropriate parallel. Our approach as a club to the Rangers titles issue should be to play the big man just like Mandela. Well apart from blowing up power stations and that. That would be inappropriate, especially in built up North Edinburgh.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 03:21 PM
And I think it's an appropriate parallel. Our approach as a club to the Rangers titles issue should be to play the big man just like Mandela. Well apart from blowing up power stations and that. That would be inappropriate, especially in built up North Edinburgh.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't South Africa completely rewrite its constitution, enfranchise the black majority and establish the full facts of the past via truth and reconciliation programmes?

If we get all that from the SFA, then sure, let's all be Mandela.

G B Young
12-09-2017, 03:28 PM
I take it you don't interact with the Muppets much? Shame? Not a shred of it. :rolleyes:

I should maybe have rephrased that to say Hearts will never be allowed to shake off that stigma. Fans of other clubs, in particular Hibs, won't let them, no matter how much they might try to kick it into the long grass.

Johnny Clash
12-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't South Africa completely rewrite its constitution, enfranchise the black majority and establish the full facts of the past via truth and reconciliation programmes?

If we get all that from the SFA, then sure, let's all be Mandela.

... not to mention the Truth Commission where alleged atrocities were investigated and confessions made by the perpetrators.

... kind of like an Independent Enquiry!!

Is It On....
12-09-2017, 03:37 PM
You can't just sweep the systematic failure to properly register players over a sustained period under the carpet.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 03:39 PM
... not to mention the Truth Commission where alleged atrocities were investigated and confessions made by the perpetrators.

... kind of like an Independent Enquiry!!

Well, apart from that I mentioned it, aye! :wink:

ads913
12-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Tinhat and padded bra on but am I the only one that agrees with the decision taken by Hibs.
I cannot see any benefit in chasing a fruitless case that's been flung out more times than a ball out of the Jambos net.
I think the money to pay legal eagles is wasted here and agree its better spent on the future of the club.
Why should only Hibs take it forward?
I hate Rangers(Hearts as well) financial doping as much as the next guy, Integrity is very important I understand that but ships have sailed and lines must be drawn.
Maybe if someone could explain what your expectations would be and albeit at what cost i might have a different take on things.

Firestarter
12-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Tinhat and padded bra on but am I the only one that agrees with the decision taken by Hibs.
I cannot see any benefit in chasing a fruitless case that's been flung out more times than a ball out of the Jambos net.
I think the money to pay legal eagles is wasted here and agree its better spent on the future of the club.
I hate Rangers(Hearts as well) financial doping as much as the next guy, Integrity is very important I understand that but ships have sailed and lines must be drawn.
Maybe if someone could explain what your expectations would be and albeit at what cost i might have a different take on things.

Good afternoon DJ :greengrin

Killiehibbie
12-09-2017, 04:00 PM
I think i'll just find something else to spend my time and money on. Will I be missed? Probably not but I hope enough people feel the same way to make them notice.

hibsbollah
12-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Those who feel strongly enough could arrange a boycott.

No outspan oranges or cricket tours until they see the error of their ways. Freedom!

Golden Bear
12-09-2017, 04:05 PM

No you're far from being the only one with common sense.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 04:07 PM

Tell you what, you appeasement apologists aren't half a smug bunch. :rolleyes:

Andy74
12-09-2017, 04:08 PM
You can't just sweep the systematic failure to properly register players over a sustained period under the carpet.

See here, not sure getting the advice of senior QC to see if it can be challenged is sweeping under the carpet?

"Gerry Moynihan Q.C. has confirmed that:- (i) the breaches of Scottish FA and SPL Rules and Regulations arising from the failure of Rangers OldCo to make the required notifications in relation to registrations and contract disclosure requirements are now closed and cannot be re-opened by the SPFL nor can the Commission or a new Commission now impose further or different sanctions. The SPFL has no power in law to re-open these issues and the Commission has no power in law, assuming it wished to do so, to modify or supplement the sanction previously imposed"

Read more at https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-press-release-84/#3cG7bdUwlK7LyQKg.99

Liberal Hibby
12-09-2017, 04:11 PM
I think it might help if the club released the legal advice they received - it might help explain why the board was unanimous. If there really is so little prospect of redress then focussing on other stuff going forward is the right thing to do.

Andy74
12-09-2017, 04:14 PM
I think it might help if the club released the legal advice they received - it might help explain why the board was unanimous. If there really is so little prospect of redress then focussing on other stuff going forward is the right thing to do.

I think they are referring to the legal advice the SPFL received previously.

See full coverage of it here:

I think it would be a far more useful discussion if folk knew the limits of what they were asking for!

CropleyWasGod
12-09-2017, 04:14 PM

The club didn't receive any legal advice. They're relying on the advice given to the SPFL.

According to their statement, that advice was similar to that given to the SFA.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 04:15 PM

Absolutely. Constant insults all day. I get really offended as well.

lyonhibs

How much did individual cyclists or baseball players fork out to reach these all important "declarations" though? If Rangers were to be stripped of their EBT titles and cups and those same titles and cups awarded retrospectively to the runners up, what would Hibs get? 1 whole league Cup? (Assuming we don't indulge in massive whataboutery and analyse every loss to them over a 20 year period.

I don't think declarations and inquests and God knows what else are required for each and every one of us to feel vastly superior to that mob, now and forever.

I support and focus on Hibs, the future of Hibs and only Hibs as far as Scottish football goes.

All the rest is just white noise, especially when we're talking about boardroom matters. I just couldn't give a **** tbh.

WhileTheChief..
I think what we want is for the enquiry to reveal that Regan, Petrie and a few others colluded to allow Rangers to do what they liked.

This will force their resignations and ensure that Scottish football can move on safe in the knowledge that this could never happen again.

If Rangers get stripped of titles then that's a bonus.

I can't see what other outcome could satisfy People?

jacomo
12-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Respect your opinion and I rarely allow my passion for Hibs to get into the boring but necessary stuff I did for a living.

All I can say is if the first and "authoritative" legal advice I got was taken as gospel and never tried I'd be destitute.

As a generality I'd say about 60% of what the advice at the outset was in line with how the issue ended. You can definitely get "advice" tailored to your needs. Often works in the short term if the people you are looking to deter haven't got the cash to fight.

I agree with all this.

I think the clubs and authorities are hiding behind the legal advice, and this was probably designed in from the 5 way agreement.

It is astonishingly easy to get legal advice that supports the clients view!

johnbc70
12-09-2017, 04:21 PM
It might be next year, or 5 years or maybe 10 years or more but there will come a time when we have another football 'scandal' and people will point fingers at the SFA and question how this happened and who is to blame, question those in charge of running our game and wonder if they are really running it for the benefit of the fans or for the benfit of themselves and a select few. I am not sure what the scandal or incident will be and when it will happen, it may never happen, but if it does then we can look back at the last few days and say we had our chance to do something, and we chose to do nothing at all.

A massive opportunity wasted - it goes far beyond Rangers and stripping them of titles, it was an opportunity to review the way the game is administered in the country and make changes for the better. I think we will look back and see this is a missed opportunity in years to come.

CropleyWasGod
12-09-2017, 04:21 PM
I think what we want is for the enquiry to reveal that Regan, Petrie and a few others colluded to allow Rangers to do what they liked.

This will force their resignations and ensure that Scottish football can move on safe in the knowledge that this could never happen again.

If Rangers get stripped of titles then that's a bonus.

I can't see what other outcome could satisfy People?

Public flogging of Craig Thomson

Leigh to be forced back to ER

The outing of Marinello59 as the club's mole on Hibs.net

madhatter
12-09-2017, 04:23 PM

Are we now at the stage of insinuating that a group of fans don't have common sense because they don't think the same way?

The hypocrisy and hilarity of that is people either didn't have common sense or were aware of the cheating Rangers did when it was in full flow. We are talking about more than EBT and Rangers as far as I'm concerned. This was a matter for the fans of Scottish Football to decide and it seems no club has consulted with the fans.

Its maybe just my lack of common sense but if this them and us approach to key aspects of Scottish Football continues then the lifeblood of Scottish Football will dwindle again - the fans that is. Scottish Football takes a boom bust approach to everything, everything is on the rise so all clubs are spending more. A few dreary seasons of Old Firm domination and I can assure you we'll be back at square one with cheating and lack of competition at the top. Let's just move on and look to that fairer, brighter future though!

Moving towards fan ownership where HSL say nothing unless they want money, Hibs hold off on a statement that could dwindle ST sales, our fan representatives say nothing and no fans were consulted on the stance the club should take. I'm finding it a real struggle where fan ownership comes in? I've denied it for a long time but I can see where the Ponzi Scheme stuff came from. Fans will always be dealt with at an arms length while mismanagement is rife within Scottish Football.

Again my common sense is a bit poor.

I'd be 100% behind either outcome if Hibs fans voted with the board on this matter. They did not get a chance and that's what I'm annoyed at. We were, in my eyes, purposely excluded.

jacomo
12-09-2017, 04:26 PM
See here, not sure getting the advice of senior QC to see if it can be challenged is sweeping under the carpet?

"Gerry Moynihan Q.C. has confirmed that:- (i) the breaches of Scottish FA and SPL Rules and Regulations arising from the failure of Rangers OldCo to make the required notifications in relation to registrations and contract disclosure requirements are now closed and cannot be re-opened by the SPFL nor can the Commission or a new Commission now impose further or different sanctions. The SPFL has no power in law to re-open these issues and the Commission has no power in law, assuming it wished to do so, to modify or supplement the sanction previously imposed"

Read more at https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-press-release-84/#3cG7bdUwlK7LyQKg.99

You are being very naive with this comment.

The bigger the 'thing' you need to sweep under the carpet, the bigger the names you hire to make it happen.

How anyone can read the LNS Commission conclusion and still have absolute faith in the probity of the legal system is beyond me.

Firestarter
12-09-2017, 04:28 PM

I've noticed that too. Along with insults. Yet they will say it's the other causing bother.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-09-2017, 04:31 PM
How much did individual cyclists or baseball players fork out to reach these all important "declarations" though? If Rangers were to be stripped of their EBT titles and cups and those same titles and cups awarded retrospectively to the runners up, what would Hibs get? 1 whole league Cup? (Assuming we don't indulge in massive whataboutery and analyse every loss to them over a 20 year period.

I don't think declarations and inquests and God knows what else are required for each and every one of us to feel vastly superior to that mob, now and forever.

I support and focus on Hibs, the future of Hibs and only Hibs as far as Scottish football goes.

All the rest is just white noise, especially when we're talking about boardroom matters. I just couldn't give a **** tbh.

Would be nice! And then when we're finished with Der Hun we could go after all the other cheats. So That's a 2012 SC from the Poppy Thieves and a 2004 League Cup from that horrible we plasticy club, Livingston, just to get it right up Alan Preston.

Oh, and then we'd have to retrospectively contest the 2006 SC final with Gretna... Wait a minute, they're deid anaw... But we could play Gretna 2008 in a winner takes all game at the old Civil Service strollers ground. :greengrin

Andy74
12-09-2017, 04:32 PM

The bigger the 'thing' you need to sweep under the carpet, the bigger the names you hire to make it happen.

How anyone can read the LNS Commission conclusion and still have absolute faith in the probity of the legal system is beyond me.

In my day job I'm no stranger to the law and so it is not naïve, it is realistic.

A senior QC has given an opinion on the rules in place at the time and the limit of the law in re-opening judgements that have already been made.

It is pretty conclusive as far as these things go.

If you consider that Celtic would have quite deep pockets and have motivation - they haven't been able to challenge this aspect and their statement notes that they aren't looking to pursue this.

Thecat23
12-09-2017, 04:34 PM
I've noticed that too. Along with insults. Yet they will say it's the other causing bother.

Have to admit that's how I see some not all. Very smug indeed and speaking like everyone who wants to take it further are idiots.

If you don't want to or don't care fine, but I for one don't like cheating at any level and if more can be done then I'm all for it.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 04:38 PM

Just void the competitions. Every competition won by cheating Rangers replaced in the record books with "* - trophy withheld."

You can't re-award the cups anyway as every club beaten by Rangers along the way would have as good a claim. You could recalculate the leagues (presumably they'd all go to Celtc) but it's a can of worms. Whose to say how things would have panned out with different points gaps between the teams at various stages etc.

In my view, that should just be done now at a cost of next to **** all.

marinello59
12-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Have to admit that's how I see some not all. Very smug indeed and speaking like everyone who wants to take it further are idiots.

If you don't want to or don't care fine, but I for one don't like cheating at any level and if more can be done then I'm all for it.

To be fair there has been some poor stuff from both sides of the argument but in the main, despite the passion generated, people have kept things respectful. It would be a shame to lose sight of that.

stantonhibby
12-09-2017, 04:47 PM

Ironic that you mention insults quoting someone calling some posters appeasement apologists.

Thecat23
12-09-2017, 04:48 PM
To be fair there has been some poor stuff from both sides of the argument but in the main, despite the passion generated, people have kept things respectful. It would be a shame to lose sight of that.

I agree, just a shame when it goes to sly digs or being smug when there really is no need! If folk don't care fine ignore it. Those who do care maybe can look at other avenues to see if more action can be taken.

One thing I will say, I'd never stop going to ER on a sat to support them, I don't blame the teams for this so I'd hoped others would back the boys and show the board up in other ways. So many good things have gone on the past 3 years and this really has been a massive blow to a lot of fans who put their trust into the Hibs board again.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Ironic that you mention insults quoting someone calling some posters appeasement apologists.

Yeah, that was my dig. I was riled by the smugness.

Uncalled for and I'm sorry.

stantonhibby
12-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Yeah, that was my dig. I was riled by the smugness.

Uncalled for and I'm sorry.

Fair play for that.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2017, 04:56 PM
I agree, just a shame when it goes to sly digs or being smug when there really is no need! If folk don't care fine ignore it. Those who do care maybe can look at other avenues to see if more action can be taken.

One thing I will say, I'd never stop going to ER on a sat to support them, I don't blame the teams for this so I'd hoped others would back the boys and show the board up in other ways. So many good things have gone on the past 3 years and this really has been a massive blow to a lot of fans who put their trust into the Hibs board again.

I suspect the board are taking a calculated gamble that supporter loyalty, residual feelgood and it being 6 months+ until ST renewal will let them get away this stance. And they're probably right.

jacomo
12-09-2017, 05:13 PM
In my day job I'm no stranger to the law and so it is not naïve, it is realistic.

A senior QC has given an opinion on the rules in place at the time and the limit of the law in re-opening judgements that have already been made.

It is pretty conclusive as far as these things go.

If you consider that Celtic would have quite deep pockets and have motivation - they haven't been able to challenge this aspect and their statement notes that they aren't looking to pursue this.

That's not the point I was making.

The legal position does indeed look quite tricky in terms of revising previous judgements.

But I suspect this is the legal advice they wanted.

Firestarter
12-09-2017, 05:16 PM

As a collective group and not individual. There's a massive difference but at the same sorry for any offence. It's a heated topic.

Golden Bear
12-09-2017, 05:23 PM
Are we now at the stage of insinuating that a group of fans don't have common sense because they don't think the same way?

The hypocrisy and hilarity of that is people either didn't have common sense or were aware of the cheating Rangers did when it was in full flow. We are talking about more than EBT and Rangers as far as I'm concerned. This was a matter for the fans of Scottish Football to decide and it seems no club has consulted with the fans.

Its maybe just my lack of common sense but if this them and us approach to key aspects of Scottish Football continues then the lifeblood of Scottish Football will dwindle again - the fans that is. Scottish Football takes a boom bust approach to everything, everything is on the rise so all clubs are spending more. A few dreary seasons of Old Firm domination and I can assure you we'll be back at square one with cheating and lack of competition at the top. Let's just move on and look to that fairer, brighter future though!

Moving towards fan ownership where HSL say nothing unless they want money, Hibs hold off on a statement that could dwindle ST sales, our fan representatives say nothing and no fans were consulted on the stance the club should take. I'm finding it a real struggle where fan ownership comes in? I've denied it for a long time but I can see where the Ponzi Scheme stuff came from. Fans will always be dealt with at an arms length while mismanagement is rife within Scottish Football.

Again my common sense is a bit poor.

I'd be 100% behind either outcome if Hibs fans voted with the board on this matter. They did not get a chance and that's what I'm annoyed at. We were, in my eyes, purposely excluded.

Jeez, I thought the excellent post I replied to was full of common sense which I thoroughly agreed with. No more, no less. Anyway I'm out of Net for a while, I can't be bothered with the bickering with fellow fans.

snooky
12-09-2017, 05:23 PM

Ironcally it's an anagram of Nail Moler :hmmm:

Johnny Clash
12-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Well, apart from that I mentioned it, aye! :wink:

Ah - so you did. Nice one.

I shouldn't post when about to jump off a bus - no good at speed reading!

blackpoolhibs
12-09-2017, 06:36 PM
That's not the point I was making.

The legal position does indeed look quite tricky in terms of revising previous judgements.

But I suspect this is the legal advice they wanted.

As someone else said yesterday, imagine if the Hillsborough families had not stuck to their guns, and just accepted what was being said by the authorities?

Hibeewilly
12-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Lets go and fnuck Motherwell on Saturday folks - I'm fed up of this *****!! Support the players and Neil FFS. GGTTH

kaimendhibs
12-09-2017, 07:44 PM
If the club had expressed disappointment that there appeared to be no way forward and condemn the cheating it may have been easier to swallow but they didnt and it isnt. Sporting integrity is beyond purchase my hoop.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is It On....
12-09-2017, 07:45 PM

I thought that when a club incorrectly registered a player then the result was forfeited. I really don't understand how systematic failure to correctly register players can just mean a "wee slap on the wrists". Is there no court of appeal to deal with this in light of the new information not available to Nimmo-Smith, namely that it has now been deemed that the part of the contract that was never registered was also illegal? Makes you wonder what would have happened if Turnbull Hutton from Raith Rovers hadn't made a stand for sporting integrity at the time.

Leith Mo
12-09-2017, 08:12 PM
I fully understand the need for maintaining and accepting confidentiality re matters discussed at Board level if elected to fulfil the role - for what it's worth I stood 1st time around and lost. Frank and Tracy should have ultimatelty walked away which would have sent a clear signal. I can remember many Cabinet Ministers refusing to accept collective Cabinet responsibility and walking away (Michael Heseltine & Westland for example). However, my personal view is shared by the majority that I have spoken to - this is not the outcome supported. Effectively the Board have done a u-turn & ignored Rod Petrie's much publicised initial mantra of "sporting integrity" and run away from the opportunity to have an impartial independent investigation into what exactly went on at the highest levels of governance within our game. I'm disappointed in our Board and once again having to defend our fans/supporters for actions beyond our control.
The recent Craig Whyte case has apparently aroused the governing body to "investigate the granting of the UEFA licence" as it directly contradicted evidence given to the "independent" LNS judgement and they have at least said it needs to be looked into. This is about much more than "stripping titles" it is about the fundamental principles of truth and justice (the latter which sadly I feel will never be served due to the reluctance to punish those who have cheated).

Cropley10
12-09-2017, 08:20 PM

So the SFA pay a QC to give them the answer they're looking for and BINGO he delivers EXACTLY what they paid for.

Just like dear old Nimmo Smith did.

As I keep saying, this is nothing to do with Law, it has all the legal status of a decision made at my local golf club. There's nothing to inhibit a Judicial Review.

In in case it's escaped your attention the SFA don't want any inspection as it will uncover what a grubby, shabby, little organisation they actually are.

Cropley10
12-09-2017, 08:22 PM

Please don't feed the troll Jacomo

McD
12-09-2017, 09:07 PM
I could accept peoples disagreement if I knew why. A lot of people who agree with your view say that it's in the best interests of our club, but fail to state how that actually is. I don't see how this is good for our club at all. It's just a return of more of the same. More of the same has never been good for our club. We have suffered in the past as a result of this and we will continue to suffer well into the future, as absolutely nothing has changed.

If i'm wrong, then please explain why you think i'm wrong and how this is actually a good thing for our club. Because I just don't see how it is.

Why is anyone beholden to answer to you? Why should they have to answer to you, or explain to you? People are allowed to hold their opinions and thoughts and feelings without your approval, and guess what, theirs are as valid as yours.

You go on thread after thread, shouting people down and belittling anything that isn't in agreement with with your opinion (and conveniently ignoring anyone who asks you questions or offers alternatives to your input, whilst demanding explanations from others). Enjoy the pedestal you've put yourself on

Ozyhibby
12-09-2017, 10:09 PM

Even the admins are at it with the name calling. Just call them a yam, ban them, change their profile to pink and be done with it.

jacomo
12-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Please don't feed the troll Jacomo

Andy74 is not a troll he just likes playing the contrarian.

:wink:

Thecat23
12-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Andy74 is not a troll he just likes playing the contrarian.

:wink:

Correct.

Allez Hibs
13-09-2017, 10:04 AM
F*** off Hibs. Every club should poll their season ticket holders to vote on what the fans want, not whats in the blazers best interests. This is an opportunity to shape the game for future generations and it it will no doubt be a lost opportunity. The game is finished in Scotland if clubs take the same view as Hibs.

scoopyboy
13-09-2017, 10:10 AM
F*** off Hibs. Every club should poll their season ticket holders to vote on what the fans want, not whats in the blazers best interests. This is an opportunity to shape the game for future generations and it it will no doubt be a lost opportunity. The game is finished in Scotland if clubs take the same view as Hibs.

I don't like the clubs decision either but the explanation has been given that basically although Hibs don't agree with what went on they see no mileage in going into it deeper as it would be to no avail. Therefore they are spending their time and energy on Hibs.

Hibs biggest mistake in this is making the bloody announcement, they should have just kept quiet like virtually every club other than Celtic.

High-On-Hibs
13-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Why is anyone beholden to answer to you? Why should they have to answer to you, or explain to you? People are allowed to hold their opinions and thoughts and feelings without your approval, and guess what, theirs are as valid as yours.

You go on thread after thread, shouting people down and belittling anything that isn't in agreement with with your opinion (and conveniently ignoring anyone who asks you questions or offers alternatives to your input, whilst demanding explanations from others). Enjoy the pedestal you've put yourself on

Of course people don't have to back up their opinions to anyone. But it doesn't exactly do their own opinions any favours when they're trying to push theirs on to others.

I've explained why I think this is bad for our club, so my opinion (much as you might not like it) carries more credibility.

HNA7
13-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Even the admins are at it with the name calling. Just call them a yam, ban them, change their profile to pink and be done with it.

If you're going to continue making up stories about the people who run this site, as was your initial reaction, that's exactly what's going to happen.

lapsedhibee
13-09-2017, 10:20 AM
If you're going to continue making up stories about the people who run this site, as was your initial reaction, that's exactly what's going to happen.

I didn't take Ozyhibby's previous remarks about suspiciously pro-Hibs-board-statement activity on the forum to be any sort of accusation against the admin pricks.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-09-2017, 10:24 AM
I don't like the clubs decision either but the explanation has been given that basically although Hibs don't agree with what went on they see no mileage in going into it deeper as it would be to no avail. Therefore they are spending their time and energy on Hibs.

Hibs biggest mistake in this is making the bloody announcement, they should have just kept quiet like virtually every club other than Celtic.

Agree with this.

Allez Hibs
13-09-2017, 10:25 AM

I agree that if Hibs were gonna say what they said they should have said nothing at all. What is clear though is the statement doesn't represent what the fans want and that could be a problem. I want Hibs to be fighting for what's right, and everyone knows that's not what the statement says. It's the most dissapointed I've been with the club in a very long time, they have simply bottled it for me. I want sporting integrity!

Ozyhibby
13-09-2017, 10:29 AM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

HNA7
13-09-2017, 10:37 AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Go on, keep poking the admins with a stick.

jacomo
13-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Which is at best tiresome and at worst pathetic.

Harsh.

I don't know Andy74 IRL and have had disagreements with him on here.

But nothing wrong with being a contrarian or playing devils advocate (I do the same myself).

He will challenge other posters and ask them to back up their opinions. Much better than group think and no diversity of opinion.

High-On-Hibs
13-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Harsh.

I don't know Andy74 IRL and have had disagreements with him on here.

But nothing wrong with being a contrarian or playing devils advocate (I do the same myself).

He will challenge other posters and ask them to back up their opinions. Much better than group think and no diversity of opinion.

I agree. However, he is quite often on the side of opinions of people who feel they don't have to back up their opinions to anyone. I've asked people why they think this outcome is good for Hibs and haven't had one response explaining why they think that it is. It's all "shut up and move on".

Ozyhibby
13-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Go on, keep poking the admins with a stick.

What do you want from me? What stories have I made up about the people running this site? Why are you being so aggressive?

High-On-Hibs
13-09-2017, 10:48 AM
What do you want from me? What stories have I made up about the people running this site? Why are you being so aggressive?

It's really not worth it mate. You haven't broken any rules, but they will still threaten to ban you if you get a little too close to the bone. If they had nothing to hide, then they'd have nothing to worry about and no reason to threaten you with a ban.

Andy74
13-09-2017, 10:48 AM
I agree. However, he is quite often on the side of opinions of people who feel they don't have to back up their opinions to anyone. I've asked people why they think this outcome is good for Hibs and haven't had one response explaining why they think that it is. It's all "shut up and move on".

Behave. I have some opinions and speak to them. That's it.

High-On-Hibs
13-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Behave. I have some opinions and speak to them. That's it.

I've asked for the reasoning behind some of your opinions before while providing some of my own and you've never done so. That's your choice of course. But it would be nice to try and understand difference perspectives, which is impossible to do without any reasoning.

I have nothing against you on here, you're entitled to your views. It would just be nice to gain an understanding of them, that's all.

Andy74
13-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Which is at best tiresome and at worst pathetic.

There's just no need for this. I'm just discussing things in a civil manner.

Seems to be beyond some others.

marinello59
13-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Has there been a single poster who has said 'shut up and move on' to you or are you making more stuff up?

HNA7
13-09-2017, 10:54 AM
It's really not worth it mate. You haven't broken any rules, but they will still threaten to ban you if you get a little too close to the bone. If they had nothing to hide, then they'd have nothing to worry about and no reason to threaten you with a ban.

Are you saying that there's an admin cover up going on?

Andy74
13-09-2017, 10:55 AM
I've asked for the reasoning behind some of your opinions before while providing some of my own and you've never done so. That's your choice of course. But it would be nice to try and understand difference perspectives, which is impossible to do without any reasoning.

I have nothing against you on here, you're entitled to your views. It would just be nice to gain an understanding of them, that's all.

That's nonsense. I think I'm very clear on my reasonings. If you don't follow them then fair enough.

Really don't understand why some have chosen this issue to try and rip into each other and the positive feeling around the club just now. It's pathetic.

Betty Boop
13-09-2017, 10:55 AM

Why don't you enlighten us all then, on what you think the Admins have to hide ?

marinello59
13-09-2017, 10:56 AM

I disagree with a lot of Andy's posts but he always provides a reason for his views. :confused:

lapsedhibee
13-09-2017, 11:00 AM
I've asked people why they think this outcome is good for Hibs and haven't had one response explaining why they think that it is.

I don't really buy the board's "we'd rather spend our time and energy on building Hibs' future than on contributing to an enquiry into Scottish fitba's governance" line. I don't see any reason why both couldn't be done concurrently, and am uneasy with the official Hibs statement.

The only way that I can see an enquiry operating against Hibs' interests is this. If something in RP's SFA past turned out to be so murky that he felt obliged to resign from not only the SFA but also from Hibs, then STF's involvement with Hibs might be compromised. I doubt whether RP himself is a corrupt guy, but it's always possible he's turned a blind eye to something bad (perhaps during Campbell Ogilvie's time at the SFA). Not sure what effect STF's walking away from Hibs at short notice might have - would we suddenly have to repay his soft loans, which I think we currently pay at £500k/annum, in a oner?

marinello59
13-09-2017, 11:01 AM

You would never get banned for telling the truth. You are making serious allegations now with no basis in fact. Back it up now it withdraw it.

oldbutdim
13-09-2017, 11:03 AM

Jesus.

:rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
13-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Give me an opinionated poster any day, even if I totally disagree.

Ozyhibby
13-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Why don't you enlighten us all then, on what you think the Admins have to hide ?

Just to be clear, I have not accused the admins of anything and I'm not sure why I'm involved. I was only pointing out that the admins should not be calling other posters names.

MyJo
13-09-2017, 11:09 AM
I don't really buy the board's "we'd rather spend our time and energy on building Hibs' future than on contributing to an enquiry into Scottish fitba's governance" line. I don't see any reason why both couldn't be done concurrently, and am uneasy with the official Hibs statement.

The only way that I can see an enquiry operating against Hibs' interests is this. If something in RP's SFA past turned out to be so murky that he felt obliged to resign from not only the SFA but also from Hibs, then STF's involvement with Hibs might be compromised. I doubt whether RP himself is a corrupt guy, but it's always possible he's turned a blind eye to something bad (perhaps during Campbell Ogilvie's time at the SFA). Not sure what effect STF's walking away from Hibs at short notice might have - would we suddenly have to repay his soft loans, which I think we currently pay at £500k/annum, in a oner?

Posted in more depth on another thread but maybe Petrie's motivations are to avoid making a fuss now so he is in a position to take the top job at the SFA when Regan goes and to drive change from inside?

pushing for an SFA enquiry could put him out of favour when the time comes when its unlikely that the enquiry will happen anyway.

JeMeSouviens
I suspected for a long time that, given postings on the Holy Ground, High-On-Hibs was a Unionist funded mole deliberately discrediting the Indy movement. Starting to think they've been bunged a few extra quid to :stirrer: on behalf of the SFA & Huns. :wink:

High-On-Hibs
You would never get banned for telling the truth. You are making serious allegations now with no basis in fact. Back it up now it withdraw it.

I posted up a previous post of yours from a few weeks ago, which was already setting the stage for the statement to be released. I won't withdraw it, because anyone who cares to look themselves can find it and other posts in the Rangers thread.

The fact that you're all getting so upset over it however doesn't look good. If it was a load of nonsense, you'd be able to just laugh it off as being just that. But instead you're getting yourselves worked up over it. Why is that? If it's just a load of rubbish i'm spouting, then why the unease?

You don't get truth on forums, you get opinions and it's my opinion that certain posters on here knew in advance what the statment was going to be about and posted accordingly in an attempt to dull the mood on the matter before the public release.

You're entitled to disagree, but i'm well within my right to hold this view. You can break your own rules by banning me, but again, it's doesn't look good.

MyJo
13-09-2017, 11:11 AM
I posted up a previous post of yours from a few weeks ago, which was already setting the stage for the statement to be released. I won't withdraw it, because anyone who cares to look themselves can find it and other posts in the Rangers thread.

The fact that you're all getting so upset over it however doesn't look good. If it was a load of nonsense, you'd be able to just laugh it off as being just that. But instead you're getting yourselves worked up over it. Why is that? If it's just a load of rubbish i'm spouting, then why the unease?

You don't get truth on forums, you get opinions and it's my opinion that certain posters on here knew in advance what the statment was going to be about and posted accordingly in an attempt to dull the mood on the matter before the public release.

You're entitled to disagree, but i'm well within my right to hold this view. You can break your own rules by banning me, but again, it's doesn't look good.

admit it, you own a tin-foil hat dont you?

Blaster
13-09-2017, 11:12 AM
I never knew anything in advance of the statement being made and wish hibs had never made one.

oldbutdim
13-09-2017, 11:12 AM

This could be the proverbial 'last straw'.....................

Ah! It was.

lapsedhibee
13-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Posted in more depth on another thread but maybe Petrie's motivations are to avoid making a fuss now so he is in a position to take the top job at the SFA when Regan goes and to drive change from inside?

pushing for an SFA enquiry could put him out of favour when the time comes when its unlikely that the enquiry will happen anyway.
Makes sense, though I think Celtc will push and push and might yet achieve some sort of probe.

flash
13-09-2017, 11:16 AM
I never knew anything in advance of the statement being made and wish hibs had never made one.

I agree. It was only ever going to stir up a hornets nest of those who are genuinely angry about this as well as those with an axe to grind.

Ozyhibby
13-09-2017, 11:18 AM

I see this a lot about Petrie. That he's playing the long game and that he will come good. Never happens. Sometimes you just have to accept that someone is not right for the role.

HNA4
13-09-2017, 11:18 AM
You can break your own rules by banning me, but again, it's doesn't look good.

Take a closer look at the rules :aok:

Betty Boop
13-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Just to be clear, I have not accused the admins of anything and I'm not sure why I'm involved. I was only pointing out that the admins should not be calling other posters names.

I was responding to HighonHibs. :greengrin

marinello59
13-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Just catching up as I've been really busy tonight. Obviously disappointed in Hibs but not surprised.
Took me a while to read through the whole thread but have to say I'm very impressed with how quickly the 'move on' guys mobilised and the number of posts they have on the thread considering it's a subject they claim they have no interest in. It's almost as if it's co-ordinated. Impressive.

I can't speak for No7 so I'll only answer the conspiracy bit. :greengrin
high on hibs certainly picked up on your comment above as justification for his lies. If that's not what you meant I'm happy to accept that.

JeMeSouviens
13-09-2017, 11:24 AM
high on hibs certainly picked up on your comment above as justification for his lies. If that's not what you meant I'm happy to accept that.

How do we know you're *not* #7? :hmmm: The truth is out there ... :cb

Ozyhibby
13-09-2017, 11:33 AM

My post can be taken in isolation and interpreted literally.

MyJo
13-09-2017, 11:34 AM
I see this a lot about Petrie. That he's playing the long game and that he will come good. Never happens. Sometimes you just have to accept that someone is not right for the role.

As painful as it was at the time watching some dreadful players and managers on the park Petrie's penny pinching ways helped us not only survive through financial turmoil but come out the other end in a far better position with one of the very best infastructures in scottish football which we are starting to capitalise on now, ten years later.

marinello59
13-09-2017, 11:35 AM

For the record there's my response to you above. Aye, taking myself too seriously right enough.
Calling you out for making up allegations with no basis in fact makes me guilty. Oh dear.

marinello59
13-09-2017, 11:36 AM
How do we know you're *not* #7? :hmmm: The truth is out there ... :cb

I wasn't given a cool number :greengrin

ajf
13-09-2017, 11:42 AM

This :aok:

One Day Soon
13-09-2017, 11:59 AM

Well now that this ban has proven this guy was right all along the questions Marinello must answer are these: who was on the Grassy Knoll, where is Lord Lucan, what happened to Amelia Earheart, is Hitler alive in a secret Antarctica Nazi base and what really happened at the Flannan lighthouse?

WeeRussell
13-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Bash on, Hibs and Kilmarnock have a grand total of 0 players on loan from Celtic. If you recall Christie from Aberdeen that will benefit us as it weakens one of our rivals.

:agree:....And I for one won't lose any sleep over a few less smelly inferior greens attending Easter Road.

Just because a club isn't as ****my or as sectarian as Rangers... doesn't mean they're not **** or sectarian.

IWasThere2016
13-09-2017, 12:00 PM
I disagree with a lot of Andy's posts but he always provides a reason for his views. :confused:

Reasoned slavering is still slavering. I should know :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
13-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Well now that this ban has proven this guy was right all along the questions Marinello must answer are these: who was on the Grassy Knoll, where is Lord Lucan, what happened to Amelia Earheart, is Hitler alive in a secret Antarctica Nazi base and what really happened at the Flannan lighthouse?

Aren't these all Nicola Sturgeon's fault? I'm sure I read that somewhere ... :wink:

IWasThere2016
13-09-2017, 12:09 PM

Why no public flogging of #59? Or is the post the outing? :dunno:

Mikey
13-09-2017, 12:13 PM

They're all safely under lock and key on the film set that NASA used for the moon landings.

One Day Soon
13-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Aren't these all Nicola Sturgeon's fault? I'm sure I read that somewhere ... :wink:

Nats read books? :wink:

JeMeSouviens
13-09-2017, 12:16 PM

No need, your posts are ... unputdownable ODS. :wink:

One Day Soon
13-09-2017, 12:20 PM
No need, your posts are ... unputdownable ODS. :wink:

Quite. You might even label them Hibs class... :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
13-09-2017, 12:47 PM

I don't know about the rest, but the answer to what happened at the Flannan lighthouse came to me in a flash...

The Modfather
13-09-2017, 01:02 PM
As painful as it was at the time watching some dreadful players and managers on the park Petrie's penny pinching ways helped us not only survive through financial turmoil but come out the other end in a far better position with one of the very best infastructures in scottish football which we are starting to capitalise on now, ten years later.

What about all the money he cost us in sacking managers, player turnover every year and relegation? We'd not be where we are today on the park if Leanne hadn't come in and worked wonders turning round the ever declining shambles we in were under him for years. He also got a get out of jail free card in winning the Scottish Cup which galvanised a support out on its feet.

i can only hope he never gets the top job in the SFA as what if Leanne's then not available to bail him out.

Bostonhibby
13-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Aren't these all Nicola Sturgeon's fault? I'm sure I read that somewhere ... :wink:It was actually salmond that did it all. Once nicola sorts it all out he'll elbow her out the way again and with a wave of his cloak and magic wand he'll be back[emoji6]

HoboHarry
13-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Aye they do - The Broons and Oor Wullie christmas annuals.....

MyJo
13-09-2017, 02:00 PM
What about all the money he cost us in sacking managers, player turnover every year and relegation? We'd not be where we are today on the park if Leanne hadn't come in and worked wonders turning round the ever declining shambles we in were under him for years. He also got a get out of jail free card in winning the Scottish Cup which galvanised a support out on its feet.

i can only hope he never gets the top job in the SFA as what if Leanne's then not available to bail him out.

The managers that were hired were done with the best of intentions and often with decent reputations and careers elsewhere. The fact they severely underperformed, couldn't care less or couldn't get the players to play for them was outwith Petries control and having to sack them was the end result of that and by all accounts the correct decision.
I dread to think what state we would be in had we decided to stick with Fenlon or Butcher rather than taking the financial hit in getting rid of them.

The playing squad was always hamstrung by the tight budget which we operated under until our financial position improved and led to some shocking players being signed but again the budget was set by Petrie as what was affordable for the club at the time and it was up to the managers to make the best use of that which they didn't.

Don't get me wrong, Petrie did a bad job in terms of putting a competitive team on the pitch and operating as a top football club which is what we all want to see as fans and our relegation was the result of those years and decisions but he is also responsible for laying the foundations that Depster has rebuilt us on with a fully completed modern stadium, dedicated training facilities and minimal debt with a structured repayment plan without going insolvent.

The other teams in our league that outperformed us by throwing money at thier teams through the same period would love to be in the position we are now but instead they have had to endure administrations, building stands that will be a financial burden for many years, selling thier traditional homes to fund new out-of-town stadiums, renting shared training facilities and sliding down the leagues while well run, sensible clubs like St Johnstone and Ross County are playing in Europe and winning trophies without overburdening themselves.

Petrie is to blame for a lot of our woes from the last 15 years including our relegation but to say he hasn't done anything good for us long term or ignore the part he played in getting us to where we are now is wrong IMO.

Hibeewilly
13-09-2017, 02:20 PM
The managers that were hired were done with the best of intentions and often with decent reputations and careers elsewhere. The fact they severely underperformed, couldn't care less or couldn't get the players to play for them was outwith Petries control and having to sack them was the end result of that and by all accounts the correct decision.
I dread to think what state we would be in had we decided to stick with Fenlon or Butcher rather than taking the financial hit in getting rid of them.

The playing squad was always hamstrung by the tight budget which we operated under until our financial position improved and led to some shocking players being signed but again the budget was set by Petrie as what was affordable for the club at the time and it was up to the managers to make the best use of that which they didn't.

Don't get me wrong, Petrie did a bad job in terms of putting a competitive team on the pitch and operating as a top football club which is what we all want to see as fans and our relegation was the result of those years and decisions but he is also responsible for laying the foundations that Depster has rebuilt us on with a fully completed modern stadium, dedicated training facilities and minimal debt with a structured repayment plan without going insolvent.

The other teams in our league that outperformed us by throwing money at thier teams through the same period would love to be in the position we are now but instead they have had to endure administrations, building stands that will be a financial burden for many years, selling thier traditional homes to fund new out-of-town stadiums, renting shared training facilities and sliding down the leagues while well run, sensible clubs like St Johnstone and Ross County are playing in Europe and winning trophies without overburdening themselves.

Petrie is to blame for a lot of our woes from the last 15 years including our relegation but to say he hasn't done anything good for us long term or ignore the part he played in getting us to where we are now is wrong IMO.
Excellent post MyJo :top marks

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2017, 03:20 PM

Agree apart from the Fenlon part, Calderwood should be in his place. Fenlon would've kept us up that season, easily.

SirDavidsNapper
13-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Did Aberdeen fans want Milne out for saying the same as the Hibs statement? Just curious as I've not heard much talk of demonstrations etc from Dons fans I know.

penihibs
13-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Excellent post MyJo :top marks

Can't argue with that.

MrSmith
13-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Did Aberdeen fans want Milne out for saying the same as the Hibs statement? Just curious as I've not heard much talk of demonstrations etc from Dons fans I know.

I heard they stood silently rustling their sweetie papers inside Murrayfield last Saturday.

timewilltell
13-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Can anyone who is unhappy with the club statement tell me what ultimately they would expect to happen to Rangers?

What is it specifically we want to see done? In other words, what is the actual sanction we want and will be satisfied with?

JeMeSouviens
13-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Can anyone who is unhappy with the club statement tell me what ultimately they would expect to happen to Rangers?

What is it specifically we want to see done? In other words, what is the actual sanction we want and will be satisfied with?

The current Rangers? Absolutely nothing.

Specfically I want:

- all competitions won by the cheating Old Rangers declared void. An "*" inserted beside those years in the record books.
- a comprehensive enquiry into the SFA and SPL, who knew what and when and what did they do about it.

Preferably I want both but either is better than nothing.

green day
13-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Theres the rub, there is no "we".

A number of people on here want a root and branch enquiry, wide ranging relating to the conduct of teams. governing bodies and individuals.

Some people want a more focussed enquiry.

Some just want confirmation that the rules as they stand will be applied ongoing.

Some are not fussed about punishing Oldco by stripping titles, some others want titles stripped.

Some Celtic fans want some other stuff including plod involved.

I may have missed some apects :greengrin, I am sure someone will be along in a minute to correct me.

Winston Ingram
13-09-2017, 05:19 PM

Yep. They're absolutely furious.

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=31458&page=648#entry1480135

MyJo
13-09-2017, 05:29 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15531522.Roy_MacGregor__There_has_been_so_much_pai n_as_a_result_of_the_Rangers_crisis___I_would_like _peace_to_reign/

Ross County chairman also wants to move on.

CropleyWasGod
13-09-2017, 05:33 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15531522.Roy_MacGregor__There_has_been_so_much_pai n_as_a_result_of_the_Rangers_crisis___I_would_like _peace_to_reign/

Ross County chairman also wants to move on.

This bit is interesting, talking about the SPFL agitating for an enquiry:-

“I wasn’t involved in this decision even though I am involved at a club,” he said. “It was decided by the SPFL board, it wasn’t decided by the clubs."

That dynamites those (including me) who assumed that the clubs had been canvassed, and that it was a majority decision.

The Board is ..." Les Gray of Hamilton Academical, Ann Budge of Hearts and Stewart Robertson of Rangers." I thought that Budge also wanted to move on, and would have assumed Robertson also wanted to. :confused:

(Edit. That bit above is mince. The Board also has 6 other members.)

Smartie
13-09-2017, 05:43 PM

I'm open to the idea of dishonestly won titles being scratched from the record. Equally, if there is no legal or reasonable way for this to be done, I'm happy for the titles to remain with Rangers.

As far as I'm concerned - the "Rangers" issue is only part of this. I'm concerned about the governance of Scottish football and the legitimacy of our competitions - what I want is to restore confidence in those running our game.

Who were involved at Rangers during the EBT era? Who has also held a post at the SFA? Who currently holds a position at the SFA? Is this an acceptable situation?

Did all parties (individuals, clubs and authorities) act with suitable candour in relation to the resuscitation of Rangers? Have all parties always acted with suitable integrity and candour when addressing the Lord Nimmo Smith enquiry and subsequent cases in the law courts of Scotland in relation to matters following the resuscitation of Rangers (the Craig Whyte trial etc)?

Were the rules of Scottish football acceptable 10 years ago in relation to financial doping? If not, what has been improved since then?

What rules are in place to protect small businesses and charities who choose to do business with football clubs, to ensure that financial agreements entered into in good faith are kept to?

What rules are in place to ensure that Scottish football clubs behave as all citizens and businesses in this country are expected to in relation to tax obligations? What penalties are in place if these obligations are not met and what flexibility exists to treat some clubs differently to others?

How are UEFA's FFP regulations enforced? What leeway exists to let clubs away with compliance? How consistent do the SFA plan to be in relation to the enforcement of these rules?

There's just a start. I have little interest in giving Sevco a booting for what they may or may not have done 10 - 15 years ago.

I just want to know that when I buy a season ticket, that it is for a clean, honest competition.

I'm far from convinced that any lessons have been learned, by anyone, from the whole Sevco debacle (and chuck in the financial mismanagement of Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell, Livingston, Airdrie, Gretna etc etc).

I want lessons to have been learned.

And I want/ expect the Hibs board to give two hoots.

Arch Stanton
13-09-2017, 05:57 PM

Removal of the word 'rangers' from the English language and the complete destruction of Ibrox would do most fans I reckon.

If an apology from Tony Blair for Iraq could also be arranged I personally would be delighted, although I'm not holding my breath.

Sioux
13-09-2017, 06:04 PM
This bit is interesting, talking about the SPFL agitating for an enquiry:-

“I wasn’t involved in this decision even though I am involved at a club,” he said. “It was decided by the SPFL board, it wasn’t decided by the clubs."

That dynamites those (including me) who assumed that the clubs had been canvassed, and that it was a majority decision.

The Board is ..." Les Gray of Hamilton Academical, Ann Budge of Hearts and Stewart Robertson of Rangers." I thought that Budge also wanted to move on, and would have assumed Robertson also wanted to. :confused:

"The SPFL board, who announced back in July that no further disciplinary action would be taken against Rangers and none of the titles they won between 2000 and 2011 taken away from them, had called for an independent review into the saga. They will discuss the latest development in the ongoing stand-off at a meeting next week"

If that's the case, why call for an independent review? If it was already decided no sanctions would be taken, and it was, why bother with a trial? Sounds like a review panel might say "Here's what happened and we can't do anything. We've just wasted a year of our time and a large bag of money to achieve nowt. Game over."

Consider that no member club has indicated to the SFA Board that an enquiry would be required, then the SFA is acting in accordance with the wishes of the clubs.

JeMeSouviens
13-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Removal of the word 'rangers' from the English language and the complete destruction of Ibrox would do most fans I reckon.

If an apology from Tony Blair for Iraq could also be arranged I personally would be delighted, although I'm not holding my breath.

I met several very helpful park rangers on a trip to the US this year. Other than that, seems fair enough though. :wink: