PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to give big Davy his chance?

MB62
11-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Three games, three goals, and one of them was an O.G.
Not exactly a good record for our front two recently. We seem to be making plenty chances, we're just not taking them, so is it time to try something different and give Matulevicius his chance up front? Don't see the point in signing the man if we are not prepared to give him a chance when things are not firing in front of goal.

cabbageandribs1875
11-09-2017, 10:42 AM
i thought big dave had been carrying a small injury, hence the lack of appearances ?

Billy Whizz
11-09-2017, 10:45 AM
i thought big dave had been carrying a small injury, hence the lack of appearances ?

Didn't know that

cabbageandribs1875
11-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Didn't know that

sure he picked up an injury in training ? maybe naw then :)

Smartie
11-09-2017, 10:50 AM
I think the big man needs to be patient for now.

Boyle returning will be massive for us, and he showed again on Saturday how important a player he is.

Simon Murray will be better for Boyle's return.

We got a decent point away to a decent side on Saturday and might have won the game.

I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bathwater, and even though the stats you quote are accurate I'm a bit more concerned that we always lose the first goal and don't yet have a settled back line.

A couple more game with Murray, Stokes and Boyle and we'll see where we are after that.

I'd like to see the big man get at least half an hour against Livi though, or maybe we should even start the game with him?

We have Motherwell, Livi then Ross County in an 8 day spell coming up - I think we'll see most of our squad having some game time during that spell.

Billy Whizz
11-09-2017, 10:53 AM
sure he picked up an injury in training ? maybe naw then :)

Sorry thought you knew something

Might play for the development team tomorrow, needs minutes on the park

hibbysam
11-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Sorry thought you knew something

Might play for the development team tomorrow, needs minutes on the park

He picked up a knock in one of his first training sessions but played for the Lith's so must be fully fit now.

11-09-2017, 11:32 AM
He definitely had been carrying a small injury which he picked up not long after joining us. I think Lennon said so in an interview 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I assumed he'd got over it when I saw he was in the Lithuania squad. If he has I'd like to see him get a bit of game time so would be good if he plays for the development team tomorrow and we might then see him start or come on for 25-30 mins gainst Livi.

lord bunberry
11-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Not for me. Stick with Stokes and Murray and they'll score us more goals than almost every other team in the league.

ancient hibee
11-09-2017, 04:25 PM
The huge problem is only playing for 70 minutes tops.Every other club will now be right at us from kick off.Have to wake up.

neil7908
11-09-2017, 05:05 PM
I he's fit I'd be tempted to give him a start in place of Murray

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Let Murray and Stokes practice getting on the end of corners first.

southern hibby
12-09-2017, 06:02 AM
The huge problem is only playing for 70 minutes tops.Every other club will now be right at us from kick off.Have to wake up.

What gets me is the number of goals conceded at the back post, surely this is a concern that we need to work on in training? I'm not for a minute suggesting were not working on it, I'm suggesting it needs more work on it

GGTTH

pacoluna
12-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Yes he deserves a chance. We might be more productive from corners as well with his inclusion.

Souter96Mac
12-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Would give him 20 or so mins against Well, and start him against Livi. Looks like he'll offer us something different. I've been a bit confused why Lennon didn't introduce him earlier against Dundee and St Johnstone as we were chasing the win in both games.

CockneyRebel
12-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Would give him 20 or so mins against Well, and start him against Livi. Looks like he'll offer us something different. I've been a bit confused why Lennon didn't introduce him earlier against Dundee and St Johnstone as we were chasing the win in both games.

He's starting against Hamilton in the development squad game kick off 2pm today.

Stuart93
12-09-2017, 03:22 PM
He's starting against Hamilton in the development squad game kick off 2pm today.

And scored