PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Barker

SonOfDavidFrancey
10-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Lots of talk on R5 about Leroy Sanches (spelling)?) and his loan move to Swansea. Steve Claridge saying that in these deals with big clubs the smaller club has to more or less guarantee game time for the player. Is this the case with Barker? Was at ER at Hamilton game and quite surprised to see him straight in... Claridge saying it can sometimes upset the balance of the side, especially on the
Psychological front, if players feel there is a 'first name on the team sheet' who plays every week regardless of form

Michael
10-09-2017, 02:54 PM
I can't see why we would ever agree to that for Barker (unproven young player). Maybe Swansea's scenario is a bit different because they've signed a player with a very big reputation.

SRHibs
10-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Spelling slightly off; Leroy is spelt Renato.

SonOfDavidFrancey
10-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Ah yes. Aural problem rather than a visual one.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Lots of talk on R5 about Leroy Sanches (spelling)?) and his loan move to Swansea. Steve Claridge saying that in these deals with big clubs the smaller club has to more or less guarantee game time for the player. Is this the case with Barker? Was at ER at Hamilton game and quite surprised to see him straight in... Claridge saying it can sometimes upset the balance of the side, especially on the
Psychological front, if players feel there is a 'first name on the team sheet' who plays every week regardless of form

It's a good point though. Teams like Man City won't loan out players unless they get some game time. Whatever these agreements are, only the clubs will know.
I was convinced a couple of years ago, during Stubbs time, that one of our loan players was guaranteed game time, as he always came on. Can't remember who it was though

Brooster
10-09-2017, 03:16 PM
It's a good point though. Teams like Man City won't loan out players unless they get some game time. Whatever these agreements are, only the clubs will know.
I was convinced a couple of years ago, during Stubbs time, that one of our loan players was guaranteed game time, as he always came on. Can't remember who it was though

Are you thinking about Kennedy from Everton? On that particular deal Hibs had to pay Everton more if he didnt play. I dont know the situation with Barker.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Are you thinking about Kennedy from Everton? On that particular deal Hibs had to pay Everton more if he didnt play. I dont know the situation with Barker.

We'll remembered. That's the one Brooster

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Certainly wasn't Feruz

lord bunberry
10-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Was he not a sub against Hamilton

tamig
10-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Was he not a sub against Hamilton

He was indeed.