PDA

View Full Version : The ever-improving Martin Boyle

Springbank
10-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Went up to McDiarmind yesterday and wanted to start a thread to highlight Mr Boyle
He has become an absolutely key man this season, what an improvement since his debut (v Falkirk IIRC)
With his pace he always had a chance, but it looks like he has been working hard on all the other aspects of his game.

A neutral yesterday wandering into McDiarmid would probably have thought Boyle was the winger destined for the top with Man City.
Barker might end up learning a bit from Boyler in terms of how to press into dangerous areas more often (Boyle pins defenders back for fun, and loves attacking the space behind full backs whereas Barker seems to frustrate the midfield by hanging back too often)

Looking forward to seeing Boyle develop even further over the season, he's a potent weapon on the wing

HFCdeb
10-09-2017, 11:13 AM
He's been magnificent in every game he's played this season.

Onion
10-09-2017, 11:22 AM
MB was easily our biggest threat all day yesterday. Just hope he can retain his form and others can raise their game, especially in front of goal.

Hibs90
10-09-2017, 11:24 AM
MOTM for me. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Elephant Stone
10-09-2017, 11:33 AM
One of the most shrewd signings we've made in a while. Unwanted by Dundee and now, I'd say, one of our most exciting players. I hope we offer him a new, nice and long contract.

We love you squirrel :flag:

oneone73
10-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Went up to McDiarmind yesterday and wanted to start a thread to highlight Mr Boyle
He has become an absolutely key man this season, what an improvement since his debut (v Falkirk IIRC)
With his pace he always had a chance, but it looks like he has been working hard on all the other aspects of his game.

A neutral yesterday wandering into McDiarmid would probably have thought Boyle was the winger destined for the top with Man City.
Barker might end up learning a bit from Boyler in terms of how to press into dangerous areas more often (Boyle pins defenders back for fun, and loves attacking the space behind full backs whereas Barker seems to frustrate the midfield by hanging back too often)

Looking forward to seeing Boyle develop even further over the season, he's a potent weapon on the wing
Wasn't his debut at Tiny?

kaimendhibs
10-09-2017, 11:46 AM
He is an absolute joy to watch. Perpetual motion, gives defenders hell all game. I know he just got 2 year deal but I would extend it already. Can see clubs coming sniffing around him soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2017, 12:33 PM
A real example of how sticking at it can work wonders, he has gone from bit part player to vital player in a couple of seasons. Even when he isn't on it the opposition have to watch him all the time and his work rate is phenomenal, as good at tracking back as any payer I've seen in his position ... I predict he will be burnt out by the times he's 28 :greengrin

Boyle89
10-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Wasn't his debut at Tiny?
Think so. Last couple mins and almost scored.

Wee Effen Bee
10-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Despite his great control when McGinn was pinging 50/60m passes to him at pace, ripping up their full backs and linking well with Gray, Stokes and Murray, a guy on the way out of the game said to his mate that Boyle's only attribute was his pace! :doh:

Famous Fiver
10-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Boyle's no Finnish!!

He's Scottish.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Boyle is turning in to one of our best and most important players.

I never thought I'd be saying that a year ago.

Leith Green
10-09-2017, 07:56 PM
If he could just learn to lift his head when he has got into a threatening position then he could be a player that we will struggle to keep at the club. Excellent first touch , fast as lightning, can go past players , provides an out ball .. He really needs to work on his final decision making , as it is the only thing stopping him playing at a far higher level than he currently does.

Glad we have him and appreciate what he offers the team , id just love to see hom impove his end product

calumhibee1
10-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Offer him a 4 year deal.

Greenfly
10-09-2017, 08:36 PM
His pace, attitude and determination were brilliant yesterday. MotM for me and the most likely for a goal as the game went on. I used to see Boyle as very much the squad player - not now. Very much a first pick.