PDA

View Full Version : Hibs to play at Murderfield

chippy
10-09-2017, 07:05 AM
Should we consider. Jam is get 24k including 6k Dons fans. If we staged Hertz, Huns and tic home games there what do you think crowds would be, 30k, 35k, 40k?. If we budget at 30k for 5 home games the extra turnover compared to full houses at ER could be 5 x 13k fans at ave £20 =65k x20=£1.3m. Subtract 300k for rental/ security that's an extra 1 million bottom line per year. Over 3 seasons an extra £3 million could buy us:
£1 mill to fund indoor full size pitch at East Mains PLUS £2 million to fund top players and keep them enabling a Europa league challenge. A notional £700k per year is £14k per week that could top up current wages of 4 top players to around 7/8k per week. Could help keep Super McGinn or fund higher level new players. Speculative I know but what are thoughts?

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2017, 07:10 AM
We play at Easter Road at the other side of the city......NO.

lyonhibs
10-09-2017, 07:10 AM
No. There's a bit more to Football than just money.

Hibs play at Easter Road, on which a decent wedge has been judiciously spent on a complete renovation during my lifetime so it's not a tip like Tynecastle

marinello59
10-09-2017, 07:13 AM
As the song says "at Easter Road we play"

where'stheslope
10-09-2017, 07:49 AM
Having watched some of the game on Alba, it is a cracking pitch, I think its one of the hybrid type.

Don't think I would ever consider it for our home games, but has to be a venue for Cup Semi-Finals?

jijihibby
10-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Rather than Murrayfield, we should be giving careful consideration to filling in the corners at ER. At least a feasibility study could be made. The work could be done in stages, with no great upheaval as at PBS, several English clubs have done so, in the end we could get the 30,000 capacity,

Argylehibby
10-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Having watched some of the game on Alba, it is a cracking pitch, I think its one of the hybrid type.

Don't think I would ever consider it for our home games, but has to be a venue for Cup Semi-Finals?

It is a hybrid, remember the SRU had to renew it a few years ago as the old one cut up badly. As for playing semi finals there I can't see that happening. The rent money should stay in football not given to the SRU.

Stokesy's on fire
10-09-2017, 07:56 AM
I want hibs to focus on winnng games at easter road. The stage is set.

Aldo
10-09-2017, 07:58 AM
They are there because they LIED about the status of the mega stand.

Trying to profit from their own mistakes and selling too many ST's to allow them to play in front of 3 stands.

They knew this all along.

We have our own UEFA/FIFA compliant stadium.

24,000 at game with 8,000 Dons fans means 16,000 yams turned up.

Bearing in mind they have 15,000 ST and gave away tickets so less than 1000 walk ups fir the yams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
10-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Rather than Murrayfield, we should be giving careful consideration to filling in the corners at ER. At least a feasibility study could be made. The work could be done in stages, with no great upheaval as at PBS, several English clubs have done so, in the end we could get the 30,000 capacity,

Do we really require a 30,000 capacity stadium ?

HH81
10-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Should we consider. Jam is get 24k including 6k Dons fans. If we staged Hertz, Huns and tic home games there what do you think crowds would be, 30k, 35k, 40k?. If we budget at 30k for 5 home games the extra turnover compared to full houses at ER could be 5 x 13k fans at ave £20 =65k x20=£1.3m. Subtract 300k for rental/ security that's an extra 1 million bottom line per year. Over 3 seasons an extra £3 million could buy us:
£1 mill to fund indoor full size pitch at East Mains PLUS £2 million to fund top players and keep them enabling a Europa league challenge. A notional £700k per year is £14k per week that could top up current wages of 4 top players to around 7/8k per week. Could help keep Super McGinn or fund higher level new players. Speculative I know but what are thoughts?

Novelty at moment. Next time Aberdeen wouldn't bring as many and Hearts would sell less and less each game.

You may get more for the big games but that would be only because you can get more away fans in.

Overall I think if Hibs moved there within 6 months the crowd for non cat a games would be the same as at Easter road but with rent to pay!

J-C
10-09-2017, 08:04 AM

Terrible idea, we play at Easter Rod, lets concentrate on filling up that and look further than just trying to earn a few extra quid.

where'stheslope
10-09-2017, 08:04 AM
It is a hybrid, remember the SRU had to renew it a few years ago as the old one cut up badly. As for playing semi finals there I can't see that happening. The rent money should stay in football not given to the SRU.

I was putting the semi forward, only as an alternative to 2 east coast teams always having to trudge through to Glasgow on a Sunday with no trains running.

I know they would never dare ask the Uglies to play any semi or final away from Glasgow!!!

S4uzee
10-09-2017, 08:08 AM
I said on the other thread but how are Hearts allowed to make money from increased attendances due to their own bad planning?

Just Alf
10-09-2017, 08:10 AM
I said on the other thread but how are Hearts allowed to make money from increased attendances due to their own bad planning?

They can't, Murrayfield's become yet another money pit for them :lolyam:

Golden Bear
10-09-2017, 08:15 AM
What the hertz do today we most certainly will not do tomorrow. It would be a path to ruination if ever we did.

:flag:

J-C
10-09-2017, 08:15 AM

Murrayfield isn't cheap to rent, when the American football was there they left to go to Hampden because it was costing around £65K to rent per game, Hampden was half that price and that was 20 years ago, prices have increased in that time.

Ozyhibby
10-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Hearts will not have made money from yesterday.
Owning one stadium and renting another is not good business.

marinello59
10-09-2017, 08:21 AM

Spot on. Murrayfield was the winner yesterday. Making yourself unintentionally homeless is just embarrassing.

WeeRussell
10-09-2017, 08:22 AM
We'd also be giving away much of the "home advantage" against our 3 biggest rivals.

No thanks.

3pm
10-09-2017, 08:25 AM
They are there because they LIED about the status of the mega stand.

Trying to profit from their own mistakes and selling too many ST's to allow them to play in front of 3 stands.

They knew this all along.

We have our own UEFA/FIFA compliant stadium.

24,000 at game with 8,000 Dons fans means 16,000 yams turned up.

Bearing in mind they have 15,000 ST and gave away tickets so less than 1000 walk ups fir the yams.

And the tickets were being given away...

Bostonhibby
10-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Other than keeping the rest of us entertained why would anyone want to follow a yam business, football or financial model?

Let's not forget the real reason they're at Murrayfield and it's looking like they're not going to be buying many seats with the "profits" in light of the numbers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Pete
10-09-2017, 08:34 AM
No thanks.

Aldo
10-09-2017, 08:38 AM
And the tickets were being given away...

*insert me rolling my eyes!!

Jones28
10-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Is this a wind up? 😂😂😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-09-2017, 08:44 AM

Cynic in me says that they looked at Murrayfield as another way to wring more cash out of their supporters/customers. 16000 home fans adds up to the same as 384,000 locked out at Tynie. If it backfires and costs them, well that will be poetic justice. Murrayfield's owners might want to check the bog signs and towel rails are still in place after they leave and aren't being hawked as authentic momentoes.

Col2
10-09-2017, 08:49 AM
We will be playing at Murrayfield. It will be at the end of the year and will be because those idiots will still have a stand unfinished.

Ringothedog
10-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Do we really require a 30,000 capacity stadium ?

No

J-C
10-09-2017, 09:21 AM
I drove past it with a punter yesterday and their stand looks like at least 3 months away from being finished.

Waxy
10-09-2017, 09:43 AM
No way. Even the jambos dont really want to play there.What i would say is if we ever have to play a cup semi or final against them again it should be played at Murrayfield.Common sense.

Golden Bear
10-09-2017, 09:44 AM
I see Hertz have a scheduled home game against Ross County on 25th November which is the same day that Scotland are due to play at Murrayfield. Let's not hope that Tynie is ready by then.

:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
10-09-2017, 09:49 AM
No.

Hibbyradge
10-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Maybe we should move to Straiton ...

iwasthere1972
10-09-2017, 09:51 AM
I would rather we play at Easter Road with 16K than Murrayfield with 30K. Atmosphere would be crap and we would be giving up our home advantage. Hearts wouldn't be playing at Murrayfield either if they had got their finger out and ordered seats and potatoes.

......At Easter Road we play. Not every other Saturday mind you.

lord bunberry
10-09-2017, 09:58 AM
I'd be extremely pissed off if hibs sold me my season ticket for Easter Road, and then moved a game to another stadium. Thankfully it's never going to happen.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2017, 10:03 AM
I see Hertz have a scheduled home game against Ross County on 25th November which is the same day that Scotland are due to play at Murrayfield. Let's not hope that Tynie is ready by then.

They are DUE to be back playing at Tynie by then

emerald green
10-09-2017, 10:05 AM
It's such a daft idea, it's hard to know where to begin, so I won't bother.

GreenCastle
10-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Scotland needs a Cardiff type stadium - close enough to the pitch for football and rugby.

Murrayfield like Hampden you can feel very far away from the action at times.

Both are under used and white elephants but both the SFA and SRU probably wouldn't even enter discussions to work together.

The only positive about Hampden is that it keeps the Old Firm through West - wouldn't fancy an old Old Firm final in Edinburgh.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-09-2017, 10:22 AM

Let's leave this 'Wee man' obsessed mentality to those unfortunates over on the other side of the city.

Thecat23
10-09-2017, 10:29 AM

Wouldn't get anywhere near 30k. Plus Hibs wouldn't want to play in a empty stadium. ER is home always will be. Fill the corners over the next few years.

Bostonhibby
10-09-2017, 10:30 AM
They are DUE to be back playing at Tynie by then9th September wasn't it?[emoji6]

Mrs Budge writed a statement about it and evryfing.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

poolman
10-09-2017, 10:32 AM

What a bizarre idea, plus you've spent time working out scenarios 😯

Keith_M
10-09-2017, 10:55 AM
After reading the suggestion above, I fear I might be losing my title as DotNet's stupidest poster

We already have a completed stadium, we have no need to borrow somebody else's ground for a few games.

iwasthere1972
10-09-2017, 11:00 AM
After reading the suggestion above, I fear I might be losing my title as DotNet's stupidest poster

No need to worry. You're way out in front. :wink:

Keith_M
10-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Scotland needs a Cardiff type stadium - close enough to the pitch for football and rugby.

Murrayfield like Hampden you can feel very far away from the action at times.

Both are under used and white elephants but both the SFA and SRU probably wouldn't even enter discussions to work together.

The only positive about Hampden is that it keeps the Old Firm through West - wouldn't fancy an old Old Firm final in Edinburgh.

Actually, the SRU approached the SFA, before Hampden was rebuilt and Murrayfield's West Stand was still in the planning stages, to ask if they would share Murrayfield with them. The SFA reply was something along the lines of 'Glasgow is the home of football, so beat it'.

It might not be everybody's cup of tea but, IMHO, Murrayfield is a much better stadium than Hampden.

Keith_M
10-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Aw shucks, thanks

GreenArmyyy!
10-09-2017, 11:04 AM
This is up there with the strangest threads I've seen on .net over the years.

GreenCastle
10-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Actually, the SRU approached the SFA, before Hampden was rebuilt and Murrayfield's West Stand was still in the planning stages, to ask if they would share Murrayfield with them. The SFA reply was something along the lines of 'Glasgow is the home of football, so beat it'.

It might not be everybody's cup of tea but, IMHO, Murrayfield is a much better stadium than Hampden.

That was a good 15 years ago ?

I can't see them entering discussions now though would make sense as both need a soultion but have spent lots on improvements and issues like BT sponsoring Murrayfield till 2021.

Jones28
10-09-2017, 11:13 AM

I can't see them entering discussions now though would make sense as both need a soultion but have spent lots on improvements and issues like BT sponsoring Murrayfield till 2021.

With the lease on Hampden running out in 2020 I can see it being considered. How old is Murrayfield? It's years since I've been and I don't know what sort of state it's in.

jdships
10-09-2017, 11:28 AM
We play at Easter Road at the other side of the city......NO.

That's the bottom line : end of !!:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2017, 11:32 AM

If the question is, do Hibs need a 30,000 capacity stadium? the answer is last season's average crowd of 15,500 was our highest in nearly 40 years. Hopefully this seasons average will be even higher, but we are miles from needing a 30,000 capacity.

At the very most filling in the FF / East corner with seats is as far as we will ever go, which would probably bring the capacity up to 22,000 or thereabouts and that would be more than enough ..... I look forward to the day Hibs get round to filling in the corners and extending the roofs of the FF and south to make the stadium the enclosed arena it can and should be, but for me its a question of atmosphere not capacity and from that point of view 22,000 is the very most we will ever require.

As for Murrayfield ............ we played Barcelona in front of 24,000 there and it convinced me forever that so far as being a football stadium is concerned its a very good rugby stadium.

cabbageandribs1875
10-09-2017, 11:38 AM
what's with the title Murderfield ? :rolleyes:

stantonsboots
10-09-2017, 11:44 AM
What a bizarre idea, plus you've spent time working out scenarios 😯never spent any time working out how much extra tax,stewarding,policing costs would be though!

iwasthere1972
10-09-2017, 12:55 PM
what's with the title Murderfield ? :rolleyes:

It's a weird one especially when trying to big it up. :confused:

Surely not predictive text error either.

chippy
10-09-2017, 01:38 PM
It's a weird one especially when trying to big it up. :confused:

Surely not predictive text error either.

Ok guys points taken I'll not engage any further on this bye

Kavinho
10-09-2017, 01:51 PM
We will be playing at Murrayfield. It will be at the end of the year and will be because those idiots will still have a stand unfinished.

I believe this will come to pass

Billy Whizz
10-09-2017, 02:09 PM
I believe this will come to pass

I hope not, would be lining their pockets

SRHibs
10-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Why don't Millwall play at Wembley?

Kavinho
10-09-2017, 02:27 PM
I hope not, would be lining their pockets

Just think they'll not be done in time for our game.
You wouldn't be boycotting it Billy would you?!

Keith_M
10-09-2017, 02:29 PM

I don't know about anybody else, but I can't wait to hear the punchline

Billy Whizz
10-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Just think they'll not be done in time for our game.
You wouldn't be boycotting it Billy would you?!

Not at all. Maybe just being selfish as I'm an away season ticket holder and guaranteed a ticket wherever it is.
We usually get just under 4,000 for Tynie, but at this time of year we could easily sell up to 10,000 for this game, which would swell their coffers quite a bit
Wonder what other Hibs fans would think if this was to happen?

Keith_M
10-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Not at all. Maybe just being selfish as I'm an away season ticket holder and guaranteed a ticket wherever it is.
We usually get just under 4,000 for Tynie, but at this time of year we could easily sell up to 10,000 for this game, which would swell their coffers quite a bit
Wonder what other Hibs fans would think if this was to happen?

I would love to be among ten thousand fellow Hibbies away to Hearts.

I'm not convinced they're making as much money from Murrayfield as some people think.

MKHIBEE
10-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Because Spurs play there

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Owning a house and having to stay in rented accommodation while you refurbish is not a financial bonus.

iwasthere1972
10-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Owning a house and having to stay in rented accommodation while you refurbish is not a financial bonus.

It would be if you could get 40 Poles (other nationalities are available) to rent mattresses in the rented property for £100 each a week. Seen it done on Nightmare Tenants. :agree:

Greencore
10-09-2017, 05:52 PM
No, no and no. However murrayfield should be the national football stadium. Hampdens a dump.

SirDavidsNapper
10-09-2017, 07:54 PM

Every chance. It will be more than 3 games they play there

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2017, 08:45 PM
It would be if you could get 40 Poles (other nationalities are available) to rent mattresses in the rented property for £100 each a week. Seen it done on Nightmare Tenants. :agree:

How would that help if I needed to live there myself?

IberianHibernian
10-09-2017, 09:17 PM
I would love to be among ten thousand fellow Hibbies away to Hearts.

I'm not convinced they're making as much money from Murrayfield as some people think. If game on 27th December is played at Tynecastle several thousand Hibs supporters who`d like to won`t go and probably a fair number of Hearts fans too . In old days when Derby was played on 1st January it was a massive occasion ( 36000 at 7v0 game for example ) but that was when we only played twice a season in league and there was public transport on 1st ( and far more fans lived within walking distance ) . I`m not a rugby fan but know that Edinburgh v Glasgow double header has had big crowds in both cities over Christmas and New Year . If Hibs v Hearts was played every year on 1st January ( or other date in holiday period but suspect TV money on 1st January might be important ) at Murrayfield and marketed well ( sounds terrible but no worse than taking money from sponsors ) I think there`d be crowds of 30,000 plus every year whoever was supposed to be at home .

GreenCastle
10-09-2017, 09:17 PM
With the lease on Hampden running out in 2020 I can see it being considered. How old is Murrayfield? It's years since I've been and I don't know what sort of state it's in.

The SFA will need to decide about Hampden soon then.

It's 2017 and Euros are being played there in 2020 - well 3 games I believe.

Can't see anything anytime soon - so just expect the same random posts and discussions in this topic for next 5 years and no change.

dalkeith stu
10-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Went passed murrayfield a few times yesterday before and after the game and there didn't seem much in the way of segregation. Lots of fans mixed on the walk back to Haymarket after it too. This may be a big problem if we undoubtedly have to play them there in December.

jgl07
10-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Nowhere near with Hermit Crab still there!

Keith_M
11-09-2017, 10:40 AM

I think it was even longer, maybe 25 years ago(?). I haven't heard anything from those of the top at the SFA recently that makes me think their attitudes have changed in the intervening years though.

As others have said, a shared stadium like the Welsh have would be perfect, but Scotland is a different kettle of fish, with the SRU entrenched n Edinburgh and the SFA likewise in Glasgow.

FWIW, I liked the proposal of moving the National Stadium to Strathclyde country park (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/11/2572766.main_image.jpg?strip=all), but wasn't too keen on the design, as it included an athletics track, so the fans would be miles from the pitch.