PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v St Johnstone

GreenArmyyy!
09-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Player ratings v St Johnstone

Marciano- didn't have a lot to do throughout the game, couldn't do anything to stop their goal, needs to work on his kicking though- 6

Sir David Gray- assured throughout the game, decent going forward in the first half in particular, good performance overall- 7

Ambrose- cigar in his mouth most of the game, again not much to deal with but cool on the ball and caused not heart attacks at the back today! - 7

Hanlon- Great to have his calming presence back at centre half, excellent in the air and with the ball at his feet, helped drive the team forward alot in the second half as well- 7

Whittaker- a class above at the back today and you can tell what a clever footballing brain he has, comfortable with the ball on both feet and distribution was excellent, great addition at left back- 7

Boyle - Excellent return to the starting line-up after his injury, never looked like he had been away. Time after time he caused all sorts of havoc down the right hand side and had it not have been for an unbelievable save near the end he would have scored a great winner with a thunderous strike- 8

Bartley- Marv and McGinn totally controlled the midfield throughout with none of St Johnstones attacking threat coming from the centre of the pitch. Another Marvin Bartley performance! - 7

McGinn- Head and shoulders above everybody on the pitch. A joy to watch and couldn't be happier we've held on to him. Went up against the highly rated Murray Davidson and made him look like an amateur. Long range passing was superb, never, ever gives the ball away and is an excellent force in driving the whole team forward- MAN OF THE MATCH- 9 🏅

Barker- thought Brandon struggled to influence the game today, didn't try to go passed players like he did at Dens and end product was lacking. Confident he'll get better as he gels with the team- 6

Murray- struggled to get in to the game in the first half but showed more of what he is made of when the game opened up in the second half, constantly, hounding and chasing, must be torrid for defenders to play against. Tremendous play down the left wing to assist the equaliser- 6

Stokes- starting to hit his stride again, first touch and distribution were both excellent today, brought others in to play well and was constantly putting the Saints defence under pressure, just wish he brought his shooting boots with him today- 7

Subs-

Swanson- severely lacking in confidence and really needs a goal to start his Hibs career, should have laid the ball in front of Murray to get a certain winner- 5

Deividas....... - on for less than ten seconds

Neil Lennon- tactically did everything right and out thought Tommy Wright throughout the game today. Daft sun to bring on Davie in the dying seconds which wasted any hope of getting another chance as the ref blew for full time.

Hibs- another very strong performance against a decent premiership side, says it all that they were drawing at home yet they were timewasting for the majority of the second half. Not going to be long before we give a team a real doing with the way we are playing, let's PERSEVERE. 💚🏆

LaMotta
09-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Boyle best player on the pitch for me. McGinn excellent in the second half.

Barker looked a bit lost at times, don't think he'll start next week.

kaimendhibs
09-09-2017, 06:07 PM
I thought Stokes was excellent today, involved in everything. Boyle very good as was mc ginn. No real failures tho Barker didnt have a big influence on game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
09-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Boyle best player on the pitch for me. McGinn excellent in the second half.

Barker looked a bit lost at times, don't think he'll start next week.

Boyle was great for an hour before fading understandably. McGinn was man of the match by a mile for me - absolutely outstanding. Stokes was excellent as well - such an intelligent footballer.

A very good dominating performance all round but we are losing points when we shouldn't be. Apart from the first 15 mins St Johnstone hardly got a touch of the ball.

number9dream
09-09-2017, 06:19 PM
That's four points dropped in the last two away games. We need to stop conceding the first goal.

Thoroughly deserved to win but definitely room for improvement.

McGinn and Bartley bossed the middle of the park. Some lovely touches from Ambrose and Whittaker and Boyle was a handful.

Barker was disappointing and Murray was let down by some clumsy touches. Gray could have done a lot better from some promising positions in the first half.

neil7908
09-09-2017, 06:30 PM
I thought Stokes was excellent today, involved in everything. Boyle very good as was mc ginn. No real failures tho Barker didnt have a big influence on game.

I'd like to see us go 4-3-3 vs Motherwell. I think that gives a good balance in favouring attack but not leaving us too short at the back. Also, I think it allows us to play all our best players in positions comfortable to them.

I'd go:

Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Whittaker

Slivka Bartley McGinn

Boyle Dave Stokes

fife hfc
09-09-2017, 07:02 PM
I thought McGinn was outstanding today, closely followed by Boyle. Stokes was very influential but to me it was like everything had to go through him and he was a bit selfish when he could have tried to put others in. I was disappointed in Barker and would have hooked him earlier as he was not having a good game. Everybody else contributed to a good performance against a team who are consistently in the top half of the league.

JimboHibs
09-09-2017, 07:28 PM
I thought McGinn was outstanding today, closely followed by Boyle. Stokes was very influential but to me it was like everything had to go through him and he was a bit selfish when he could have tried to put others in. I was disappointed in Barker and would have hooked him earlier as he was not having a good game. Everybody else contributed to a good performance against a team who are consistently in the top half of the league.

I can think of at least 2 occasions where Stokes played others in ?

kaimendhibs
09-09-2017, 09:14 PM
I can think of at least 2 occasions where Stokes played others in ?Me too