PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates St Johnstone 1 vs Hibs 1 (Paton OG) FT

Pages : 1 [2]

Keith_M
09-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Do you want some straws to grasp at?

We deserved that win and played them off the pitch.

My original comment was that we are not converting enough chances and I was replying to a critique of my post.

I don't have to grasp at straws, I'm only trying to give a balanced view of our results so far, which have been reasonable but could actually have been a lot better if we'd taken a better percentage of our chances.

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Attendance:5,591

Stevie Reid
09-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Solid start to the season. Happy that we are playing well.

HibbyKeith
09-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Good lad, very informative.

Cheers for the updates. :aok:

No worries. :flag:

cabbageandribs1875
lol le vain not happy with a point v aberdeen :rolleyes: bring cathro back...talked more sense

Speedway
We still don't fancy the punt it to Big Dave to let others feed off approach yet either.

NAE NOOKIE
09-09-2017, 04:07 PM
3 minutes injury time. 2 points dropped by the sounds of it. Unless we get a late, late winner. Please.

2 points dropped if the stats are anything to go by, but on the other hand not many teams will go to St Johnstone and come away with anything so from that point of view its a good point .... our never ending problem of failing to turn possession and chances into goals needs to be addressed though.

I don't know if we made any substitutions, but once more the question has to be asked what exactly does Matulevicius have to do to get on the park, it seems pretty pointless having a striker with international experience on the bench and not bringing him on when the best our strikers have managed in the last 3 games is a late consolation goal ( set up by the aforementioned Matulevicius ) a deflected shot into the net that looked like it was going wide otherwise and an own goal. Add in that our corner count has been off the scale in the last two games and with no tall striker in the box its less likely we will score from them, which we haven't :dunno:

Still, moan aside two away games in a row where we seem to have played pretty well without getting the result we deserved isn't too bad, we have to push on now and make the most of our next home game.

supermcginn
Still think we our squad should be beating this mob.

Rodgers should have been sacked for only scraping a draw at home to them then....

SaulGoodman
My original comment was that we are not converting enough chances and I was replying to a critique of my post.

I don't have to grasp at straws, I'm only trying to give a balanced view of our results so far, which have been reasonable but could actually have been a lot better if we'd taken a better percentage of our chances.

Okay then. We scored 3 against Thistle, we scored 3 at Ibrox. We played poor against Hamilton. And then scored 1 against Dundee after their keeper had a great game, and scored 1 today against a good side, on form, and we were away from home. Their keeper tipped one onto the bar and we had a shot cleared off the line.

We're not exactly doing badly. People seem to forget we've just spent 3 seasons in the championship on merit.

Allant1981
09-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Against Premier teams

1) Fantastic opening day win
2) Beat Rangers away after they wrongly had a player sent off
3) Totally humped at home by Hamilton
4) Dissapointing away draw to Dundee, despite having majority of the posession
5) Draw to St Jonhstone, after endless squandered chances the opposition scored an OG

Plus an away game to Ross County where we also had loads of chances but couldn't score.

-----------------------------

I stick by my comment.

so a good start to our first season back, regardless what you think

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2017, 04:10 PM
2 points dropped if the stats are anything to go by, but on the other hand not many teams will go to St Johnstone and come away with anything so from that point of view its a good point .... our never ending problem of failing to turn possession and chances into goals needs to be addressed though.

I don't know if we made any substitutions, but once more the question has to be asked what exactly does Matulevicius have to do to get on the park, it seems pretty pointless having a striker with international experience on the bench and not bringing him on when the best our strikers have managed in the last 3 games is a late consolation goal ( set up by the aforementioned Matulevicius ) a deflected shot into the net that looked like it was going wide otherwise and an own goal. Add in that our corner count has been off the scale in the last two games and with no tall striker in the box its less likely we will score from them, which we haven't :dunno:

Still, moan aside two away games in a row where we seem to have played pretty well without getting the result we deserved isn't too bad, we have to push on now and make the most of our next home game.

tbf lennon tried to get him on...10 seconds before the final whistle, quite baffling

Allant1981
09-09-2017, 04:11 PM
2 points from 9 available in the last 3 games, 2 of which we really should've been winning.

we have no divine right to win any game, the players are still finding their feet in this league

cleanyman
09-09-2017, 04:12 PM
we have no divine right to win any game, the players are still finding their feet in this league

What players ?

Average start to the season.

NAE NOOKIE
lol le vain not happy with a point v aberdeen :rolleyes: bring cathro back...talked more sense

After the first half hour where the sheep dominated Hertz got into the game and went on to totally control the 2nd half, only a super performance by the Aberdeen goalie stopped that being a win for the Yams if the radio was anything to go by ...... Unbiased ref Craig Thomson seemed to be awfully lenient with the yellow cards when it came to the Yams if what Michael Stewart was saying is anything to go by.

Sir David Gray
We need to be a lot more clinical. We are far too wasteful in front of goal. We should have won again today and it's so frustrating that we've dropped another two points.

Keith_M
09-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Okay then. We scored 3 against Thistle, we scored 3 at Ibrox. We played poor against Hamilton. And then scored 1 against Dundee after their keeper had a great game, and scored 1 today against a good side, on form, and we were away from home. Their keeper tipped one onto the bar and we had a shot cleared off the line.

We're not exactly doing badly. People seem to forget we've just spent 3 seasons in the championship on merit.

I didn't at any point say we were, and find some of the reactions to my original post quite over the top.

Keith_M
09-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Just saw the attendance was 5,591.

Fantastic amount, compared to how many they normally have, and a very good away following as usual

Allant1981
09-09-2017, 04:21 PM
What players ?

id imagine most of them seeing as they have not played as a team against premier league teams every week, we have only lost 1 game, if thats an average start then thats pretty good

Pete
09-09-2017, 04:24 PM
The fact that we're talking about getting a draw at St Johnstone as dropped points should give you a wee indication of the start we've had. Look deeper and consider the fact that we've absolutely pummelled these teams we've been playing.

Sorry but I ****ing hate this place sometimes.

Sprouleflyer
09-09-2017, 04:26 PM

Fantastic amount, compared to how many they normally have, and a very good away following as usual

Over 2500 hibs fans. Very good away support.

JeMeSouviens
09-09-2017, 04:26 PM

2500 and something Hibbies.

NAE NOOKIE
09-09-2017, 04:27 PM
What players ?

Our start to the season has been tainted by our calamitous performance against Hamilton .... if we had beaten the Accies we would have two home wins, an away win and two away draws, a long way from an average start.

As it is, considering we have come out of the Championship after 3 seasons and we have played at two of the leagues toughest away venues in our first 5 matches, gaining 4 points out of six in those two games, we might not have had the hit the ground running but its still reasonably acceptable in my book .... hopefully there's more to come though because I would agree we are capable of doing better.

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2017, 04:29 PM
saints manager says hibs dominated after the first 25 mins, no time to hear lennons thoughts, unfortunately the show spent the last 40 ******* mins drooling over hertz

emerald green
09-09-2017, 04:36 PM
I wasn't at the match, but from what I've read on this forum and elsewhere, the stats which showed Hibs had overwhelming possession etc, Hibs were clearly the better team today.

Given the above, it's surely not totally unreasonable to express a bit of disappointment that Hibs didn't get the 3 points they deserved, rather than just 1 point. That's not a criticism of the team.

By all accounts Hibs played pretty well and dominated St Johnstone. Our old Achilles heel - failure to put the ball in the net often enough - let us down again.

Blaster
09-09-2017, 04:36 PM
8 points from 5 games. That average would get us 56-60 points this season. I'd take that

Lago
09-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Against Premier teams

1) Fantastic opening day win
2) Beat Rangers away after they wrongly had a player sent off
3) Totally humped at home by Hamilton
4) Dissapointing away draw to Dundee, despite having majority of the posession
5) Draw to St Jonhstone, after endless squandered chances the opposition scored an OG

Plus an away game to Ross County where we also had loads of chances but couldn't score.

-----------------------------

I stick by my comment.
Were all dooomed, dooomed I say, after 4 games.:greengrin

Blaster
09-09-2017, 04:40 PM
I wasn't at the match, but from what I've read on this forum and elsewhere, the stats which showed Hibs had overwhelming possession etc, Hibs were clearly the better team today.

Given the above, it's surely not totally unreasonable to express a bit of disappointment that Hibs didn't get the 3 points they deserved, rather than just 1 point. That's not a criticism of the team.

By all accounts Hibs played pretty well and dominated St Johnstone. Our old Achilles heal - failure to put the ball in the net often enough - let us down again.

I think most people think that, whilst disappointed that we didn't win the last two games, barring the Hamilton game we've dominated the others. For me that's a good sign the wins will come

The Achilles heel used to be losing a late goal and picking up nothing

Must be the happy clapper in me I guess

SanFranHibs
09-09-2017, 04:41 PM
saints manager says hibs dominated after the first 25 mins, no time to hear lennons thoughts, unfortunately the show spent the last 40 ******* mins drooling over hertz

TW said Hibs will be disappointed not to have won, however, not gracious in his 'analysis'. Asked if it was due to Hibs playing good, "Well, they couldn't do it in the first 20 minutes", saying it was due to his team stopping playing after 20 minutes, making poor decisions, giving the ball away too easily.

2 points dropped as far as I am concerned.

Lago
09-09-2017, 04:47 PM
This season is about consolidation in this league & a top 6 finish. Anything better than that is a major bonus.

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2017, 04:50 PM
TW said Hibs will be disappointed not to have won, however, not gracious in his 'analysis'. Asked if it was due to Hibs playing good, "Well, they couldn't do it in the first 20 minutes", saying it was due to his team stopping playing after 20 minutes, making poor decisions, giving the ball away too easily.

2 points dropped as far as I am concerned.

that sounds very similar to hundreds of jim jefferies interviews after hundreds of defeats over the last few decades :greengrin, i tend to respect managers when they actually give the opposition the credit they deserve

G B Young
09-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Lennon very happy with the performance:

Hibs' 'dominance' pleases Lennon

FT: St Johnstone 1-1 Hibernian

Hibernian boss Neil Lennon was content with his side's display if not the result as they drew with St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park.
"To come here and play as well as that - I'm delighted," Lennon told BBC Scotland.
"We looked a very good side today and I can't criticise any parts of the team. We were outstanding and thoroughly deserved to win the game.
"The dominance of the team pleased me. To come here isn't easy and St Johnstone do what they do very well."

matty_f
09-09-2017, 04:51 PM
The fact that we're talking about getting a draw at St Johnstone as dropped points should give you a wee indication of the start we've had. Look deeper and consider the fact that we've absolutely pummelled these teams we've been playing.

Sorry but I ****ing hate this place sometimes.
I would say it's quite a positive sign that people are considering it dropped points today. It's a reflection on how well the team played in the game that people are disappointed we didn't win it.

B.H.F.C
09-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Our start to the season has been tainted by our calamitous performance against Hamilton .... if we had beaten the Accies we would have two home wins, an away win and two away draws, a long way from an average start.

As it is, considering we have come out of the Championship after 3 seasons and we have played at two of the leagues toughest away venues in our first 5 matches, gaining 4 points out of six in those two games, we might not have had the hit the ground running but its still reasonably acceptable in my book .... hopefully there's more to come though because I would agree we are capable of doing better.

For me, the Hamilton game was a complete freak. Regardless of how St Johnstone have done over the last few years they were crap today and we should have won the game as we should have at Dundee.

We need to be better in the final third. And a clean sheet would be handy.

Judging it purely on the game today it's definitely two points dropped.

G B Young
09-09-2017, 04:57 PM
I would say it's quite a positive sign that people are considering it dropped points today. It's a reflection on how well the team played in the game that people are disappointed we didn't win it.

Agreed. I'd have taken a point before this game and would probably also have taken a point at Dens, but when I hear how we dominated both games it gives me confidence we can build on this.

Shame the Livi game isn't this midweek as I think we could do with a game where there's a bit less pressure and hopefully get back to scoring a few more goals.

SaulGoodman
09-09-2017, 04:59 PM
For me, the Hamilton game was a complete freak. Regardless of how St Johnstone have done over the last few years they were crap today and we should have won the game as we should have at Dundee.

That's what annoys me about this site. We never play well, it's just that the other team was *****.

matty_f
09-09-2017, 05:00 PM
That's what annoys me about this site. We never play well, it's just that the other team was *****.

It's not this site, it's a few posters. :wink:

where'stheslope
09-09-2017, 05:06 PM

Not sure about Hamilton game was a shock?

They are a team of work minded players, not with a great amount of skill but very hard working.

In all the games in this league, you have to man up to the opposition first, then take any chances that come your way.

If the stats say we had 15 shots today and only 2 on target, I would say that is most likely our biggest problem.

Against Dundee it was exactly the same, with the same result?

In this league all the teams are capable of what you think are shock results against us.

The teams we all expect to be bottom 6 usually get their results 1-0, so scoring more goals can help stop this!!!!

emerald green
09-09-2017, 05:06 PM
I think most people think that, whilst disappointed that we didn't win the last two games, barring the Hamilton game we've dominated the others. For me that's a good sign the wins will come

The Achilles heel used to be losing a late goal and picking up nothing

Must be the happy clapper in me I guess

It doesn't matter if you lose a late goal if you've already scored enough at the other end. But I know what you mean. Hope that makes sense!

Blaster
09-09-2017, 05:08 PM
It doesn't matter if you lose a late goal if you've already scored enough at the other end. But I know what you mean. Hope that makes sense!

I do. I still think we are heading in the right direction though and those goals/wins will come soon

B.H.F.C
09-09-2017, 05:15 PM

We've dominated the last two games and only got two points which has been a poor return. I think that's more annoying than anything I posted, which wasn't being over critical of Hibs IMO.

emerald green
09-09-2017, 05:16 PM
I do. I still think we are heading in the right direction though and those goals/wins will come soon

I agree. Hopefully against Motherwell next Saturday.

neil7908
09-09-2017, 05:25 PM
We've had a decent start but no more than that. 3 positive results (Partick, Rangers and St Johnstone) and 2 negative ones (Hamilton and Dundee).

I do think the balance of the team still isn't quite right. Murray has been decent and I was hopeful about him and Stokes at the start of the season but now I'm not so sure they are going to work together. Equally we have a great choice at the back but have now lost the first goal in every league game so far and failed to keep a clean sheet.

We have a lot of options all over the team but I (and I think Lennon) still don't know what our best formation and first choice 11 is.

We have time to sort that out but we're not quite clicking yet.

I'm satisfied but equally Lennon and others have talked about us being the second best team in the county and challenging for 2nd. It's pretty clear that we aren't there yet and if that's the target then it could be argued we are failing.

Cup competitions will be vital for us this year. Beat Livi and we're one game away from the League cup final which would be a fantastic achievement. Qualifying for Europe, be in via league placing or the cup, would be great. Anything other than that and I have to say I'd be slightly disappointed without being devastated.

Northernhibee
I think next week Big Davey should get the chance to start up front with Stokes. Murray's had a decent start but don't think he's been fantastic the last three games and when there's international quality competition on the bench I don't think you can afford to do that in this team.

Borderhibbie76

Sorry but I ****ing hate this place sometimes.Barely been on here in weeks mate...this place is a total joke full of bams who seem to love it when we don't win....the day a point in Perth against an unbeaten St J side is viewed as poor....we r just back after 3 years in championship and some think we should be winning every week. It's just nonsense ...total and utter nonsense. This St J team were 10 mins away from beating Celtic 2 weeks ago...and we've played them off the park today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
09-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Just back - deserved more and played well for 70 minutes.

Dominated possession and could easily have won.

Saints well organised and will be tough to beat this season.

We go again next week - lots of positives including having Boyle back.

Still not sure about the balance at the back though.

Borderhibbie76
09-09-2017, 05:29 PM

Judging it purely on the game today it's definitely two points dropped.So St J are crap now Yeah??? Been consistently top 6 the 3 years we were ensconced in championship and unbeaten start to season almost beating Celtic last time out??? Have a word mate ...

BoomtownHibees
09-09-2017, 05:33 PM
So St J are crap now Yeah??? Been consistently top 6 the 3 years we were ensconced in championship and unbeaten start to season almost beating Celtic last time out??? Have a word mate ...

If you read the post the poster says they were crap today. Which they were. Nothing to do with how well they have done over the years, today they were pish and Hibs played well without being clinical enough up front

B.H.F.C
09-09-2017, 05:36 PM
So St J are crap now Yeah??? Been consistently top 6 the 3 years we were ensconced in championship and unbeaten start to season almost beating Celtic last time out??? Have a word mate ...

Go back and read my post again. And come back and tell me where I said they are crap. I said they were crap today. That's a different thing completely.

09-09-2017, 05:37 PM
If you read the post the poster says they were crap today. Which they were. Nothing to do with how well they have done over the years, today they were pish and Hibs played well without being clinical enough up front

Here’s a radical thought, they were pish because Hibs stopped them from playing their usual way.

Borderhibbie76
09-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Go back and read my post again. And come back and tell me where I said they are crap. I said they were crap today. That's a different thing completely.And you don't think the way Hibs played had anything to do with that maybe??

BoomtownHibees
09-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Here’s a radical thought, they were pish because Hibs stopped them from playing their usual way.

That's very possible but don't see anybody arguing that point

Borderhibbie76
09-09-2017, 05:40 PM
That's very possible but don't see anybody arguing that pointThe poster is saying they were pish and using it as a negative rather than crediting the reason for their performance today was down to how we played!!!That's my point...they aren't a crap team...so give us some credit for the way we performed today perhaps as a reason for This?

BoomtownHibees
09-09-2017, 05:42 PM
The poster is saying they were pish and using it as a negative rather than crediting the reason for their performance today was down to how we played!!!That's my point...they aren't a crap team...so give us some credit for the way we performed today perhaps as a reason for This?

Looking at today's game in isolation we should have won tho, I'm sure you agree?

Before the game I would have took a point in a heartbeat but with the way the game went we should have had enough quality to win the game today, regardless of how good St J have been over the last few years

Hibeesforever
09-09-2017, 05:42 PM
I think next week Big Davey should get the chance to start up front with Stokes. Murray's had a decent start but don't think he's been fantastic the last three games and when there's international quality competition on the bench I don't think you can afford to do that in this team.

Agree, Murray missed two sitters today, though he did set up the goal well. For me, he is too inconsistent, big Dave should get more than the 30 seconds he got today!

B.H.F.C
09-09-2017, 05:44 PM
The poster is saying they were pish and using it as a negative rather than crediting the reason for their performance today was down to how we played!!!That's my point...they aren't a crap team...so give us some credit for the way we performed today perhaps as a reason for This?

You still haven't acknowledged the fact that I never said they were crap. I said they were crap today. I thought they were negative and happy with a point. Considering their standing over the last few years I'd have expected more.

Hibs were wasteful and I thought we missed a chance to win the game.
As we did at Dundee. I fail to see how that is me being overly negative.

emerald green
09-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Barely been on here in weeks mate...this place is a total joke full of bams who seem to love it when we don't win....the day a point in Perth against an unbeaten St J side is viewed as poor....we r just back after 3 years in championship and some think we should be winning every week. It's just nonsense ...total and utter nonsense. This St J team were 10 mins away from beating Celtic 2 weeks ago...and we've played them off the park today

I don't / can't read every post on this forum mate, but I don't recall seeing anyone ever posting that they think Hibs should be winning every week. If so, that really would be utter nonsense.

Northernhibee
09-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Agree, Murray missed two sitters today, though he did set up the goal well. For me, he is too inconsistent, big Dave should get more than the 30 seconds he got today!

It probably don't go down well but I don't think Murray should be any more than a backup or rotation option - he's just not composed enough to be a regular starter in this league IMO. Davey and Stokes would be a prolific pairing I feel, but if Murray can work on his first touch and finding himself space then he'd give them something to think about.

Stevie Reid
09-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Given how well we seemed to play today, I can understand people saying that they are disappointed with the result. Doesn't make it a bad result though.

Keith_M
09-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Were all dooomed, dooomed I say, after 4 games.:greengrin

Thanks for making my point so well that people respond to something without reading it properly, therefore putting in their own interpretation.

:aok:

Onion
09-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Another game we should have won. First 20 was poor but we played well and dominated after that and should have picked up 3 points. Stokes, Boyle and McGinn were outstanding.

If we're going to reach the heights of top 3 or 4 we need to start putting games like this away. Dundee and St Johnstone have no right to walk away with a point in our two games. We must be more ruthless.

matty_f
09-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Given how well we seemed to play today, I can understand people saying that they are disappointed with the result. Doesn't make it a bad result though.

:agree:

Tyler Durden
09-09-2017, 06:51 PM
It probably don't go down well but I don't think Murray should be any more than a backup or rotation option - he's just not composed enough to be a regular starter in this league IMO. Davey and Stokes would be a prolific pairing I feel, but if Murray can work on his first touch and finding himself space then he'd give them something to think about.

What are you basing this assessment of Dave on?

The Harp
09-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Wasn't there today but cant really understand the negative comments. Would certainly have settled for a point before this game so not disappointed. St J. have been punching above their weight for a good few seasons now so to have returned with a point today isn't at all bad imo. We've just returned to the top tier so I'd say we're doing alright so far. If we keep progressing the way we've been doing, it's going to be a good season.

O'Rourke3
09-09-2017, 07:03 PM
If we are going to mention The Rangers having a player wrongly sent off, why no mention of the Dundee penalty being a dive? Or at least one penalty in the same game being denied. Puts that result into more perspective. A point at Perth has been a prisoner for years. We have a terrible record against them especially on their patch.

Captain Trips
09-09-2017, 07:27 PM
We havent won the last 2 games is our own fault and that makes me more comfortable. I think not taking the chances is more fixable than just being pish.

JimboHibs
09-09-2017, 07:31 PM

Inconsistent lol Murray is our top scorer

Broken Gnome
09-09-2017, 07:31 PM
Still think we're in a small acclimatising window where it's alright to avoid defeat as long as we're showing up well. Clearly we are with the exception of Hamilton, so we're doing better than just treading water and sixth is alright for now given we look a bit better than that.

In two months if we're not winning despite dominating games then it's a problem - not so much now.

09-09-2017, 07:34 PM
I’m more concerned about conceding first in every single game than missing chances tbh.

Northernhibee
09-09-2017, 07:48 PM
What are you basing this assessment of Dave on?

If squad rotation is a good enough excuse to drop Lewis then Dave deserves his turn. His pedigree in the game is impressive.

jacomo
09-09-2017, 08:01 PM
If squad rotation is a good enough excuse to drop Lewis then Dave deserves his turn. His pedigree in the game is impressive.

He obviously deserves game time to see what he can do - not just a few minutes here and there.

Glory Lurker
09-09-2017, 08:37 PM

He obviously deserves game time to see what he can do - not just a few minutes here and there.

Nanoseconds today. Bizarre.

Tyler Durden
09-09-2017, 08:47 PM

I wouldn't disagree with that - not sure there's anything to suggest him and Stokes would be prolific though.

Can understand Lennon trying to ease the Lithuanians in. But the lack of game time given to big Dave so far is a bit weird to be honest.

inglisavhibs
09-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Murray led the line very well today and also created other chances as well, all strikers miss chances.

inglisavhibs
09-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Some of Murray's play today against a packed defence was excellent, thought he played really well. yeas he missed a couple of chances but what striker doesn't.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2017, 09:14 PM
I’m more concerned about conceding first in every single game than missing chances tbh.

If you turn that point on its head, perhaps if we didn't miss so many chances we wouldn't be conceding the first goal in every match.

BoomtownHibees
09-09-2017, 09:35 PM

Conceding the first goal takes away the fear of losing the first goal #butcherlogic

FilipinoHibs
09-09-2017, 10:46 PM
Nanoseconds today. Bizarre.

Think more running the clock down. The Liths have done a lot of air miles this week and probably why they were rested. Think also typical Saints performance - negative, catch you on the break and very physical. Remember too they drew at Parkhead last week.

Souter96Mac
09-09-2017, 11:24 PM
I think if we hadn't lost to Hamilton, and the nature we lost in, moods would be different I think. Yeah we couldve won against both Dundee and St Johnstone, and we couldve also not have won at Ibrox if they had 11 men. But I think the encouraging thing, barring the 2nd half against Accies, weve been playing some good football. I've got faith that things will click up top and we'll start converting more wins, but it's still so early in the season. Bring on Well next Saturday!

Brightside
10-09-2017, 07:13 AM
Another game we should have won in the end, Danny Swanson needs a run in the team.

Based on what?

eastcoasthibby
10-09-2017, 08:04 AM
Go back and read my post again. And come back and tell me where I said they are crap. I said they were crap today. That's a different thing completely.

Couple of parts to this they were not at there best today we failed.to capitilise on that again in a match by missing very good chances. Were St J not as good because we didn't allow.them to be.
They got away with it cos we didnt.punish them like Hamilton did to us ... St J will a problem.to teams all season ....our lack of taking chances and not being sid defensively will be a problem for us being.where we want in league and cups if we don't sort it

JimboHibs
10-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Based on what?

Last seasons stats pretty prolific ?

Do you have any thoughts on why he should or shouldn't get a run in the team ??

Brightside
10-09-2017, 08:48 AM

Based on form surely Stokes would be dropped for Dave?

Brightside
10-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Last seasons stats pretty prolific ?

Do you have any thoughts on why he should or shouldn't get a run in the team ??

His form has been poor since he signed. So why would he be a first pick? If he was blowing Lennon away in training he;d be playing.

oneone73
10-09-2017, 09:02 AM
If he was blowing Lennon away in training he;d be playing.

Not sure he's that desperate for a game.

Borderhibbie76
10-09-2017, 11:18 AM
His form has been poor since he signed. So why would he be a first pick? If he was blowing Lennon away in training he;d be playing.Whose form Big Dave?? He's barely played so how can you say he's been poor since he signed??

If you don't mean big Dave I apologies but if you do...ive No idea what your basing this on at all...

kaimendhibs
10-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Based on form surely Stokes would be dropped for Dave?Eh? Drop Stokes? You are kidding right?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1875STEVE
10-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Big Dave got an injury just after joining in training, according to a video I watched on hibs tv, duno what one.

He was behind fitness wise, must be getting closer now.

MWHIBBIES
10-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Based on form surely Stokes would be dropped for Dave?No chance, Stokes was very good yesterday.

Ronniekirk
10-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Big Dave got an injury just after joining in training, according to a video I watched on hibs tv, duno what one.

He was behind fitness wise, must be getting closer now.

Remember Lennon saying he was behind in his fitness so assume that has been a factor in big Dave s lack of game time If he also picked up an injury then that won't have helped Didn't check if he played for Lithuania in their last two games
But haven't seen enough of him to form any opinion about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
11-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Whose form Big Dave?? He's barely played so how can you say he's been poor since he signed??

If you don't mean big Dave I apologies but if you do...ive No idea what your basing this on at all...

No he was talking about Swanson....saying he deserves a run of games. I don't understand that tbh. There also seems to be a call to drop Murray - again something i don't understand.

Borderhibbie76
11-09-2017, 07:25 AM
No he was talking about Swanson....saying he deserves a run of games. I don't understand that tbh. There also seems to be a call to drop Murray - again something i don't understand.Ah apologies mate and yes I agree with you on both Swanson and Murray tbh

Earlydelivery
11-09-2017, 08:02 AM
No chance, Stokes was very good yesterday.
I agree 100%

therealgavmac
11-09-2017, 08:08 AM
Not sure he's that desperate for a game.

:faf: