PDA

View Full Version : Is John McGinn Neil Lennon's man yet?

Elephant Stone
09-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Stubbs is my favourite ever manager but the song needs changed, IMO. It's been a while since he managed us, it's Lennon who is picking McGinn every week and he's just committed himself long term to the club, there is no better time to make the tweak. "Neil Lennon's man" sounds better anyway. Let's do it!

Mick O'Rourke
09-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Stubbs is my favourite ever manager but the song needs changed, IMO. It's been a while since he managed us, it's Lennon who is picking McGinn every week and he's just committed himself long term to the club, there is no better time to make the tweak. "Neil Lennon's man" sounds better anyway. Let's do it!

If not for Alan Stubbs,John may not have arrived at Easter Road.

The song not only celebrates John, but for me it is also reminder of the contribution Alan Stubbs made to our long awaited cup success.

Maybe Alan Stubbs deserves his own song for that achievement.

Long may the SJM song,as it is, continue

Frazerbob
09-09-2017, 08:30 AM
No, he will always be Allan Stubbs' man!

The TA in Vilnuis were singing he's Gordon Strachan's man when he came on.......

RoYO!
09-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Alan stubbs' man. Nice nod to the past and all they achieved together!!

jacomo
09-09-2017, 08:34 AM

What's the problem with singing Alan Stubbs name? He's the manager who brought the Scottish Cup back to Leith.

Lenny needs his own songs too of course.

Elephant Stone
09-09-2017, 08:43 AM
What's the problem with singing Alan Stubbs name? He's the manager who brought the Scottish Cup back to Leith.

Lenny needs his own songs too of course.

Nothing wrong with singing Stubbs' name. As I said, he's my favourite ever manager and he should always have some sort of song, but I would say that since it's been a while since Stubbs left, and Lennon has committed himself to the club, I would say that McGinn is more Lennon's man than he is Stubbs'. Not a huge deal, just a preference.

GreenArmyyy!
09-09-2017, 08:45 AM
No. He'll always be Alan Stubbs's man.

Brightside
09-09-2017, 08:50 AM

The TA in Vilnuis were singing he's Gordon Strachan's man when he came on.......

Fannies

Pretty Boy
09-09-2017, 08:51 AM
This seems to be one of those issues that is made out to be a bit of a bigger deal than it actually is (not that I'm suggesting the Op is making a big deal but it crops up a lot across various platforms).

The original wording is fine. Neil Lennon gets plenty appreciation from Hibs fans, his name was belted out throughout the game at Ibrox recently, and I'm sure he's aware of his popularity with Hibs fans. The words of a song that is primarily about a player as opposed to the manager really don't matter at all imo.

jdships
09-09-2017, 09:05 AM
This seems to be one of those issues that is made out to be a bit of a bigger deal than it actually is (not that I'm suggesting the Op is making a big deal but it crops up a lot across various platforms).

The original wording is fine. Neil Lennon gets plenty appreciation from Hibs fans, his name was belted out throughout the game at Ibrox recently, and I'm sure he's aware of his popularity with Hibs fans. The words of a song that is primarily about a player as opposed to the manager really don't matter at all imo.

Good post. Agree with every word :agree::thumbsup:

Frazerbob
09-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Fannies

Charming

squire
09-09-2017, 09:10 AM
The King is dead. Long live the King.

RoscoHibby
09-09-2017, 09:11 AM
I agree it's a good little nod towards stubbsy and what he managed to do.

Nothing to see here.

Wilson
09-09-2017, 10:03 AM
I agree it's a good little nod towards stubbsy and what he managed to do.

Nothing to see here.

Besides, if we were to change it we may as well future proof it by singing "he's Mark Warburton's man!"

WeeRussell
09-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Charming

Exactly. God forbid the support get behind john when he's making it at international level.. or should Scotland fans be singing hibs songs about Alan stubbs too!!

1van Sprou7e
09-09-2017, 10:31 AM
To be fair the idea of old firm and hearts fans singing SJM gives me the boak :sick:

Funkydunc
09-09-2017, 11:18 AM
To be fair the idea of old firm and hearts fans gives me the boak :sick:

Fixed it for you

Austinho
09-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Man United fans (well, their away fans at least) still belt out songs about Ronaldo, Solskjaer, George Best, Vidic, Giggs, even Diego Forlan etc at every game. Nothing wrong about us singing about past players and managers either. In fact, I say bring back old classics like the Ivan Sproule, Rob Jones, Joe T, Sauzee and Keith Wright chants on a regular basis.

SChibs
09-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Maybe change it to leanne dempsters man as she's the one who ultimately decides whether he is sold or not!

Big_Franck
09-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Alan stubbs' man. Nice nod to the past and all they achieved together!!

Agreed. It's clearly a wee nod and thanks to him now that we (quite rightly) don't sing the Stubbsy song anymore. There are plenty other songs we can include Lennnon in, this one's fine as it is IMO.

OxoHibby
09-09-2017, 02:31 PM

I'm with you. Stubbs is only on here song as he was manager at the time. He is now lennons man

SanFranHibs
09-09-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm with you. Stubbs is only on here song as he was manager at the time. He is now lennons man

He's every Hibees man,
We've got super John McGinn

bod
09-09-2017, 06:09 PM

Fannies

Allan Stubbs & Gordon strachan fannies ?

Mick O'Rourke
09-09-2017, 06:23 PM
Allan Stubbs & Gordon strachan fannies ?

Lol
You know he meant the TA

Not many individual players get songs sung about them when playing for Scotland.
(Some dont usually last long enough (not the songs...... the players!!

The Tartan Army are usually singing about going down roads and deers in drops of golden sun :greengrin

May John's continued involvement with Scotland last for many years.

sleeping giant
09-09-2017, 07:32 PM
We're Lennons tornadoes ....

Mick O'Rourke
09-09-2017, 07:58 PM
We're Lennons tornadoes ....
Exactly. i see your point.

Stubbsy signed John McGinn, so i say the song lyrics are how it should be.

Lenny's Lions, though. if he manages the club to silverware :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
09-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Fannies

What absolute nonsense, fans supporting our country.

Firestarter
09-09-2017, 08:31 PM
It's Alan Stubbs man. Always will be.

jodjam
09-09-2017, 09:15 PM
He's his mammy's boy

Better than Van Nistelrooy

sleeping giant
09-09-2017, 10:12 PM
It's Alan Stubbs man. Always will be.

:agree: