PDA

View Full Version : NHC Other games this weekend

Glory Lurker
08-09-2017, 07:18 PM
2-0 Celtc within half an hour. Think we might struggle to win the league if they keep this sort of form up.

Northernhibee
08-09-2017, 07:21 PM
2-0 Celtc within half an hour. Think we might struggle to win the league if they keep this sort of form up.

No team can go a season unbeaten. We'll be fine.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2017, 07:26 PM
No team can go a season unbeaten. We'll be fine.Yep, their goose is cooked, legendary Scotland manager Craig Levein has a plan, and a guy from relegated Raith and another one that morecambe sent back to tranmere.

Only a question of time for celtc. Just glad he never shared the plan with anyone else at Hearts until now or we'd never have had the Cathro era.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
08-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Three nil :rolleyes:

silverhibee
08-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Hamiltons plastic pitch is a joke.

lord bunberry
08-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Hamiltons plastic pitch is a joke.
There whole set up is a joke. I know they're in the league on sporting merit, but I really hope they go down and a proper team replaces them.

one day maybe...
08-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Ripped us a new one 😔

silverhibee
08-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Brown should have seen red for the snidey kick in the face on the Hamilton player.

PSG struggling.

Billy Whizz
08-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Harry Potter and his assistant, Tom Petty watching the Hamilton v Celtic game

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2017, 08:08 PM
The BT Sport sound engineers have been busy tonight trying to cover up "the party songs"

GreenCastle
08-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Some interesting songs from celtic as always..just as bad as the Huns.

Also always looks like they oversell tickets as fans crammed into the front or people must move seats to sit with the green brigade ?

silverhibee
08-09-2017, 08:12 PM
The BT Sport sound engineers have been busy tonight trying to cover up "the party songs"

Noticed that in the 1st half, IRA was heard then volume was gone

lord bunberry
08-09-2017, 08:17 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a more one sided game in my life.

greenlex
08-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Noticed that in the 1st half, IRA was heard then volume was gone

Rather they did that than have that **** blasting out my tv to be honest.

HoboHarry
08-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Brown should have seen red for the snidey kick in the face on the Hamilton player.

PSG struggling.

Not now they aren't....

cleanyman
08-09-2017, 08:29 PM
With Craig Gordon in the sticks Celtic are going to concede 14 goals a game in Europe

Lancs Harp
08-09-2017, 08:31 PM
I watched Feirense v Sporting. Finished 3-2 to Sporting, who were at one stage 2 up, Feirense fighting back to 2-2 before conceding a very dubious penalty in the 6th minute of injury time all the goals in a pretty good second half.

Was on that new sport channel, Benfica v Portimonense currently on now, 0-0 after half an hour.

Hiber-nation
With Craig Gordon in the sticks Celtic are going to concede 14 goals a game in Europe

Thought Rogers might have signed a keeper in the summer. Massive weak link.

Glory Lurker
Not now they aren't....

Ils sont morts. :boo hoo:

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2017, 08:32 PM
craig gordon once again makes a total erse of a cross in to the box, he's a big jambo girls blouse, i'd love to see him at one of the lower league clubs like killie, hertz etc

HoboHarry
08-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Ils sont morts. :boo hoo:
Dites que ce n'est pas si........ :(

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2017, 08:37 PM
I had Celtic to win both halves, jambo fud that Gordon is!

Lancs Harp
08-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Portimonense were winning 1-0 on the hour before another highly dubious penalty award to Benfica and a subsequent sending off, 1-1. Debate is rife in Portugal as in other places that the so called big clubs get all the decisions and there is a perceived bias, from the two penalty decisions I've seen tonight for Sporting and then for Benfica it makes you wonder. Both shockers.

Stuart93
08-09-2017, 09:23 PM
There whole set up is a joke. I know they're in the league on sporting merit, but I really hope they go down and a proper team replaces them.

That team you're accusing of not being "proper" came to Easter road and played us off the park

silverhibee
08-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Rather they did that than have that **** blasting out my tv to be honest.

You know what annoys me about this and the coverage of the game, if a sweary word is caught from the technical area they f***ing apologise for it, yet when Celtc or the new club start the party songs they say nothing and turn of the microphones around the pitch and say nothing, no apology for the sectarian that folk have just heard, the police should charge BT and Sky for promoting it :greengrin

Sir David Gray
08-09-2017, 09:50 PM
That team you're accusing of not being "proper" came to Easter road and played us off the park

I was just thinking that.

They're obviously not the biggest team in the country and there are undoubtedly bigger sides than them in the Championship but they are where they deserve to be. This is their fourth straight season in the Premiership and last season they beat one of the aforementioned bigger clubs in a two legged play off to preserve their status in the league.

I think they deserve a bit of credit for what they've done there. There is clearly a great work ethic amongst the players and whilst their stadium is hardly top of anyone's list in glamorous away days, they are doing well just now.

silverhibee
08-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Not now they aren't....

Just as well, had Celtc -2 and PSG -3, so all happy here.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2017, 09:53 PM
You know what annoys me about this and the coverage of the game, if a sweary word is caught from the technical area they f***ing apologise for it, yet when Celtc or the new club start the party songs they say nothing and turn of the microphones around the pitch and say nothing, no apology for the sectarian that folk have just heard, the police should charge BT and Sky for promoting it :greengrin

But they did apparently apologise recently when those nasty Hibs fans starting singing a few songs that had obscenities in them. :rolleyes:

Absolutely pathetic, the pair of them get away with it every week. I would love to see the TV companies temporarily stop their coverage and go back to the studio every time one of them starts singing about the IRA or King Billy or any of the other medieval pish that they come out with on a weekly basis.

I realise that will never happen but you can only hope.

lord bunberry
08-09-2017, 09:56 PM
I'm not accusing the team of not being proper, far from it. Hamilton as a club deserve to be where they are, but in order for our game to grow we need teams in the top division with aims other than survival.
Its up to other clubs to displace them, and right now so many clubs just aren't up to the task. There's far bigger clubs than Hamilton in the lower leagues and that's partly down to mismanagement and partly down to these clubs having ambitions that Hamilton don't.

Pete
09-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Is this the way it's going to be this season? Every time we criticise anyone we'll get our own so called supporters ramming defeats back down our throats? Sign me up.

Hamilton are crap. It was a one-off...end of.

Albanian Hibs
09-09-2017, 08:30 AM
Is this the way it's going to be this season? Every time we criticise anyone we'll get our own so called supporters ramming defeats back down our throats? Sign me up.

Hamilton are crap. It was a one-off...end of.

Got to agree with you. If Hertz dont get relegated then its a toss up between Dundee and Hamilton.

iwasthere1972
09-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Hearts v Aberdeen. A difficult one this. Don't really want the sheep to get too far ahead of us but on the other hand I want Harry Potter's men to take an absolute doing. Anything but the three points going to Gorgie will probably suffice.

Northernhibee
09-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Hearts v Aberdeen. A difficult one this. Don't really want the sheep to get too far ahead of us but on the other hand I want Harry Potter's men to take an absolute doing. Anything but the three points going to Gorgie will probably suffice.

Hertz won't be anywhere near us at the end of the season. I'd they get three points it needn't register on our radar.

hfc rd
09-09-2017, 11:24 AM

Hope the sheep absolutely pump the yams today

Albanian Hibs
09-09-2017, 11:26 AM

Not difficult at all. I want the hertz to get absolutely hammered.

Diclonius
09-09-2017, 11:40 AM

Win-win - if Aberdeen win, poor start for Levein. If Hearts win, we pull closer to the Dons. A draw and we get a bit of both.

Personally hope Aberdeen batter them.

Skol
09-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Not sure what planet Gary Neville is on. That was a red all day long and very very dangerous.

David_D
09-09-2017, 12:11 PM
1-0 Man City. And Red card for Liverpool. Debatable in my opinion. Very high foot but was no intent other than to get the ball.

PiemanP
09-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Yes it's a nasty collision, but he had eyes on the ball. Shouldn't be a red.

High-On-Hibs
09-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Not sure what planet Gary Neville is on. That was a red all day long and very very dangerous.

Completely disagree. A striker has to go for a chance like that, especially when the GK comes out so far. His leg was already rising before the goalkeeper threw his head in the way. It was unfortunate, but never a sending off.

Onceinawhile
09-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Tough decision for the ref.

Mane definitely had to go for it and it's clearly not intentional, but on the other hand, he kicks him full on right in the face.

Skol
09-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Yes it's a nasty collision, but he had eyes on the ball. Shouldn't be a red.

He had a look and knew the keeper was coming out. His foot was at shoulder height. Had that been goncalves on Marciano how would you feel ?

Tyler Durden
09-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Completely disagree. A striker has to go for a chance like that, especially when the GK comes out so far. His leg was already rising before the goalkeeper threw his head in the way. It was unfortunate, but never a sending off.

I agree with you but the rules are quite clear I think, the challenge could be deemed reckless and one which would endanger the opponent etc

Still think the ref should use his discretion and leave it at a yellow

Skol
09-09-2017, 12:15 PM

It was high feet and dangerous play.

Although I do remember once Erich Schaedler getting booked in a similar incident....except he was the one kicked in the head and the ref deemed he shouldnt have been so stupid as to put his head there

bigwheel
09-09-2017, 12:16 PM

On what basis in the laws of the game?? It was neither violent conduct ( no intent) or serious foul play ( not excessive force).

It was a yellow for a high foot all day long - he was only trying to get the ball

That is a very unfortunate red card

High-On-Hibs
09-09-2017, 12:19 PM
I agree with you but the rules are quite clear I think, the challenge could be deemed reckless and one which would endanger the opponent etc

Still think the ref should use his discretion and leave it at a yellow

It was high feet and dangerous play.

Although I do remember once Erich Schaedler getting booked in a similar incident....except he was the one kicked in the head and the ref deemed he shouldnt have been so stupid as to put his head there

The way I see it, both players were simply doing their job. When a striker is through on defence like that, he has to take a chance, just as the goalie has to do whatever it takes to try and block it. No player should be sent off for doing what they're expected to do.

Skol
On what basis in the laws of the game?? It was neither violent conduct ( no intent) or serious foul play ( not excessive force).

It was a yellow for a high foot all day long - he was only trying to get the ball

That is a very unfortunate red cardSERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Tyler Durden

That is a very unfortunate red card

I'm not sure a kick in the face can be anything other than excessive force!

Again, I wouldn't like to see a red there but I think the rules can be interpreted that way quite easily

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Thought it was soft, but can understand why he sent him off.

One of those decisions where id be raging if it was against Hibs but screaming for it if it was against us.

High-On-Hibs
09-09-2017, 12:21 PM
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Both players lunged in though, one with his foot, the other with his head. They were both doing exactly what they were expected to do.

Onceinawhile
09-09-2017, 12:21 PM
2-0 Jesus.

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Game over.

Onceinawhile
09-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Liverpool would benefit from not leaving 2 or 3 players unmarked in their 6 yard box.

Skol
09-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Both players lunged in though, one with his foot, the other with his head. They were both doing exactly what they were expected to do.

One with his head because thats the height the ball was at.

Tyler Durden
09-09-2017, 12:23 PM
The way I see it, both players were simply doing their job. When a striker is through on defence like that, he has to take a chance, just as the goalie has to do whatever it takes to try and block it. No player should be sent off for doing what they're expected to do.

You could say the same for any 50/50. If one player wins the ball first and the other clatters his opponent, he's going to be penalised.

Intent to injure isn't relevant.

Shame that this one has ruined this game anyway

eastcoasthibby
09-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Not now they aren't....

Brown gets away with murder all the time ...some.player in way he influences a game but is a nasty vindictive player who is very adept at getting in his snide, niggly kicks, digs, leaves a boot in, blatant body checks of the ball to stop a run, ...and then you get refs who appear scared to deal with him because of who he plays for and as he is captain ...who seems to get.to mouth off at anything he doesn't like is happening ...but would have.him playing for us any day ..😁

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Liverpool would benefit from not leaving 2 or 3 players unmarked in their 6 yard box.

:faf: I wonder how many times thats been said under Klopp?:greengrin

High-On-Hibs
09-09-2017, 12:25 PM
One with his head because thats the height the ball was at.

Because he could only get to it with his head. He couldn't use his arms, he was well outside the box. He made the goalies decision to block it by any means necessary and took a hard boot to the head, it's unfortunate, but it's nothing more than that.

Tyler Durden
09-09-2017, 12:25 PM

Difficult to sympathise with Liverpool when they keep picking Moreno. He just stood and watched Jesus head the ball home

Skol
09-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Because he could only get to it with his head. He couldn't use his arms, he was well outside the box. He made the goalies decision to block it by any means necessary and took a hard boot to the head, it's unfortunate, but it's nothing more than that.

If he can only get it with his head, the opponents foot should not be there.

Would you seriously be happy with that challenge on a Hibs Goalie ?

I'm_cabbaged
09-09-2017, 12:30 PM

Eh? What if it had been an outfield player heading it?

09-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Intent is irrelevant.

bigwheel
09-09-2017, 12:33 PM

Would have been a yellow at most if that was against a centre half

I wouldn't have wanted a red for that if it had been against Hibs.

I'm_cabbaged
09-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Would have been a yellow at most if that was against a centre half

I wouldn't have wanted a red for that if it had been against Hibs.

So your saying he only gave a red because it was the goalie? 😂

And not wanting it if it was against us, I smell ***** 😂😂

High-On-Hibs
09-09-2017, 12:46 PM

It wasn't an outfield player heading it though. It was the goalie, the last line of defence who was put under pressure to run outside his area due to frailties in his own teams defence. Although he did exactly what you would expect any goalkeeper to do, he still made the choice to throw himself in the way, when he knew there was a chance he would get hurt. The striker did exactly what he was supposed to do as well.

If the goalkeeper hadn't thrown himself in the way, the Liverpool player wouldn't have been sent off and would have most likely scored.

bigwheel
09-09-2017, 12:47 PM
So your saying he only gave a red because it was the goalie? [emoji23]

And not wanting it if it was against us, I smell ***** [emoji23][emoji23]

Yes I am. Was a very soft decision

Has spoiled a good game - I'm not one for wanting players sent off for things like that.

silverhibee
Just come from Cramond, the sheep are flocking in to Edinburgh in big numbers, very busy around that area.

silverhibee
3-0 citeh

theonlywayisup
09-09-2017, 12:49 PM
This could end 5 or 6 nil

I'm_cabbaged
09-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Opinions, eh.

theonlywayisup
09-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Possible cheek and jawbone fracture

silverhibee
09-09-2017, 12:57 PM
I wonder if the compliance officer will take action against Scott Brown after kicking a Hamilton player in the face last night, he wasn't yellow carded for it so gives the compliance officer the chance to deal with it, was very cowardly from Brown.

theonlywayisup
09-09-2017, 01:01 PM
How can you play advantage if the ball goes over the line for what should be a goal kick?

Onceinawhile
09-09-2017, 01:17 PM
I wonder if the compliance officer will take action against Scott Brown after kicking a Hamilton player in the face last night, he wasn't yellow carded for it so gives the compliance officer the chance to deal with it, was very cowardly from Brown.

He seems to be on holiday. Certainly didn't deal with the dundee player diving to gain a penalty v us.

MichaelTheCelt
09-09-2017, 01:36 PM
O'Dea, O'Hara, and McGowan all on the bench for Dundee. Nae bother McCann ya current bun ye :hilarious

theonlywayisup
09-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Geoff gem - "Dundee United have just released their own gin this week. Now they just need a tonic. They're one down to Dumbarton"

Spike Mandela
09-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Alex Harris scores for Falkirk.

--------
09-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Yes I am. Was a very soft decision

Has spoiled a good game - I'm not one for wanting players sent off for things like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE0LdadfPJU

That's reckless and dangerous. Mane can see Ederson's already out there and puts his foot square into the keeper's face. I think he had time to pull out of the challenge, and didn't.

It doesn't look malicious, but it's very stupid and very dangerous. I can't see how any other decision was possible.

"Serious foul play - a tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force of brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

SirDavidsNapper
09-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Geoff gem - "Dundee United have just released their own gin this week. Now they just need a tonic. They're one down to Dumbarton"

Wouldn't surprise me if McKinnon is emptied very shortly

Spike Mandela
09-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Keatings scores for Utd.

Spike Mandela
09-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Rangers gubbing Dundee 4-0

HH81
09-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Jason starts for forest. Sky sports 1

Onceinawhile
09-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Jason starts for forest. Sky sports 1

Up against fletch. Also it's on sky sports football and sky sports main event.

silverhibee
09-09-2017, 04:48 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1538280/celtic-pro-ira-chants-songs-bt-sport-drowned-volume/

HOOPS FANS MUTED BT Sport bosses admit drowning out pro-IRA chants by Celtic fans during match against Hamilton Accies
TV chiefs revealed they 'adjusted microphone settings' to 'prevent' viewers being offended during the SPFL match on Friday night
By Robert Collins
9th September 2017, 4:48 pm Updated: 9th September 2017, 5:31 pm
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
NOW
COMMENT
TV BOSSES at BT Sport admitted drowning out pro-IRA chants by Celtic fans during their match against Hamilton Accies.

The Scottish Champions met at Accies’ ground on Friday night for their fifth SPFL match of the season, which was broadcast live on BT Sport.

Songs about the IRA were heard during the first half and there was a noticeable drop in volume when Hoops fans began belting out Merry Ploughboy.

Punters were quick to point out the sudden drop in volume and many took to Twitter to voice their views.

One Twitter user Brendan Ahearne wrote: “Did BT mute the Celtic fans as they were singing ‘The Merry Ploughboy’? I’m pretty sure they did.”

Another added: “BT sport turning down the mic volume when Celtic fans start singing about the IRA, what a time to be alive.”

And Martin Canavan wrote: “Noticeable that BT sport turn the volume down when the Celtic crowd sing a rebel song.”

Follow
Brendan Ahearne @brendanahearne1
Did BT mute the Celtic fans as they were singing 'The Merry Ploughboy'? I'm pretty sure they did.
8:01 PM - Sep 8, 2017
4 4 Replies Retweets likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
BT Sport revealed they “adjust microphone settings” to “prevent” viewers being offended.

A spokesman said: “Inappropriate behaviour by fans at live sporting events has potential to cause offence.

“We try to prevent this across all live broadcasts by, for example, adjusting microphone settings.”

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2017, 04:55 PM
sheff wed 1 up v warburtons warriors

meanwhile, Super Leeds go 2nd with a thumping 5-0 v not so super Burton Albion :)

forest hit back 1-1

emerald green
09-09-2017, 05:13 PM
St Mirren now 2 points clear of DAFC, QOS & DU at top of Championship. That league is going to be a real dog fight.

Is It On....
09-09-2017, 05:21 PM
"Hearts were well-organised, physically robust..." according to Tom English

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2017, 05:31 PM
Falkirk joint bottom with Brechin on 2 points, poor peter, must be equal budgets

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Fletch 2-1

3-1

jgl07
10-09-2017, 11:27 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1538280/celtic-pro-ira-chants-songs-bt-sport-drowned-volume/

HOOPS FANS MUTED BT Sport bosses admit drowning out pro-IRA chants by Celtic fans during match against Hamilton Accies
TV chiefs revealed they 'adjusted microphone settings' to 'prevent' viewers being offended during the SPFL match on Friday night
By Robert Collins
9th September 2017, 4:48 pm Updated: 9th September 2017, 5:31 pm
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
NOW
COMMENT
TV BOSSES at BT Sport admitted drowning out pro-IRA chants by Celtic fans during their match against Hamilton Accies.

The Scottish Champions met at Accies’ ground on Friday night for their fifth SPFL match of the season, which was broadcast live on BT Sport.

Songs about the IRA were heard during the first half and there was a noticeable drop in volume when Hoops fans began belting out Merry Ploughboy.

Punters were quick to point out the sudden drop in volume and many took to Twitter to voice their views.

One Twitter user Brendan Ahearne wrote: “Did BT mute the Celtic fans as they were singing ‘The Merry Ploughboy’? I’m pretty sure they did.”

Another added: “BT sport turning down the mic volume when Celtic fans start singing about the IRA, what a time to be alive.”

And Martin Canavan wrote: “Noticeable that BT sport turn the volume down when the Celtic crowd sing a rebel song.”

Follow
Brendan Ahearne @brendanahearne1
Did BT mute the Celtic fans as they were singing 'The Merry Ploughboy'? I'm pretty sure they did.
8:01 PM - Sep 8, 2017
4 4 Replies Retweets likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
BT Sport revealed they “adjust microphone settings” to “prevent” viewers being offended.

A spokesman said: “Inappropriate behaviour by fans at live sporting events has potential to cause offence.

“We try to prevent this across all live broadcasts by, for example, adjusting microphone settings.”
I can recall the Merry Ploughboy being a mainstream hit for the Dubliners in the mid 1960s.

I can remember Man City fans belting that one out at Maine Road at the time. And City were supposed to be the 'proddy' team in Manchester back then.

Some people have nothing better to moan about.

marinello59
10-09-2017, 11:39 PM
I can recall the Merry Ploughboy being a mainstream hit for the Dubliners in the mid 1960s.

I can remember Man City fans belting that one out at Maine Road at the time. And City were supposed to be the 'proddy' team in Manchester back then.

BT Sport let the songs be broadcast loud and clear- How dare they let that sort of stuff be heard on my TV.
BT Sport turn the volume down.- Why are they covering up for the Celtic fans?

--------
12-09-2017, 04:27 PM

I can remember belting it out at Easter Road in the 1960's and '70's.

It was an especial favourite at games against the Beasts, as I recall. The Dubliners recording was what started it, I think, here at ER and at Parkhead.

It's a bit embarrassing recalling singing it, but it's a terrific chorus and no more violent than The Billy Boys really, and possibly the only adequate response? :devil:

And then there was the chorus of "Go home ya Huns ..." (Sigh.) Good times. :devil: