PDA

View Full Version : Stokes responds to KT's critisism

1van Sprou7e
08-09-2017, 12:08 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/anthony-stokes-reveals-disappointment-over-kevin-thomson-criticism-1-4554071

Firestarter
08-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Good response from Stokesy. :agree:

patlowe
08-09-2017, 12:16 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/anthony-stokes-reveals-disappointment-over-kevin-thomson-criticism-1-4554071

I can understand why he's not happy with individual criticism. He doesn't actually deny the fact he's an awful trainer but makes the point that it's what happens on the pitch that matters. I can agree to a point but I think the question is whether Stokes could achieve a hell of a lot more if he was a good trainer. On the flipside, he wouldn't be at Hibs!

confused
08-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Simple answer ,, Just pit the baw in the back oh the net , and that answers every ?..? Ever asked . K.T. Is scraping a living writing anything to get a few bob .

Jamesie
08-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Simple answer ,, Just pit the baw in the back oh the net , and that answers every ?..? Ever asked . K.T. Is scraping a living writing anything to get a few bob .

Interesting that Thomson decides to come out with this stuff shortly before this: http://twitter.com/kthomsonacademy/status/906128271460499457

truehibernian
08-09-2017, 12:52 PM

He's not scraping a living though, far from it.

He was merely pointing out that AS has the ability to play at the highest level if he really applied himself - a point many would agree with.

To turn it into a positive, and it's exactly what AS has now come out and said, goals will silence critics including KT - here's hoping he bangs them in, starting tomorrow :aok:

Not In The Know
08-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Interesting that Thomson decides to come out with this stuff shortly before this: http://twitter.com/kthomsonacademy/status/906128271460499457

the KT article was published weeks ago.

Hibbyradge
08-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Stokes isn't saying that what KT said was wrong. He'd just rather Kevin hadn't said it.

Presumably the manager thinks that Stokes does enough so here's hoping he proves it by putting St. Johnstone to the sword tomorrow.

CallumLaidlaw
08-09-2017, 02:28 PM
He's not scraping a living though, far from it.

He was merely pointing out that AS has the ability to play at the highest level if he really applied himself - a point many would agree with.

To turn it into a positive, and it's exactly what AS has now come out and said, goals will silence critics including KT - here's hoping he bangs them in, starting tomorrow :aok:

Funny you should say that, as I was listening to a podcast this morning talking about the fact the likes of Kris Commons are in danger of over saturation by doing BT, sportsound, a column in the paper etc, but says you need to do all these things to try and make up one decent salary.

KWJ
08-09-2017, 02:36 PM
I've little problem with what KT said and same with AS's response (although he's gotta stop telling everyone to listen before he opens his gob! :wink:) .

He hardly put him in his place and reading between the lines Stokes has no real desire to be the best in training through the week - he wants to score the goals on the Saturday. It's easy to say that he'd be better at doing this if he put the effort in during training but some players and people are just not built that way and don't want to change. As someone else pointed out - if Stokes had the mentality of a C Ronaldo then he wouldn't be at Hibs and neither would the likes of Latapy, Best or Riordan/GOC 2nd time round.

It'd be dull if everyone played to 100% every week.

Hibbyradge
08-09-2017, 02:45 PM

I wouldn't mind a wee shot of that, to be honest.

where'stheslope
08-09-2017, 02:46 PM
I've little problem with what KT said and same with AS's response (although he's gotta stop telling everyone to listen before he opens his gob! :wink:) .

He hardly put him in his place and reading between the lines Stokes has no real desire to be the best in training through the week - he wants to score the goals on the Saturday. It's easy to say that he'd be better at doing this if he put the effort in during training but some players and people are just not built that way and don't want to change. As someone else pointed out - if Stokes had the mentality of a C Ronaldo then he wouldn't be at Hibs and neither would the likes of Latapy, Best or Riordan/GOC 2nd time round.

Is that not how you win trophies?????

Just ask Celtic!

HoboHarry
08-09-2017, 03:19 PM

Errrrrr naw - it really wouldn't be dull at all......

Mcpakeisgod
08-09-2017, 06:02 PM
At the end of the day, the guy is human. Also achieved more in his career than KT imo.

beensaidbefore
08-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Hopefully gives AS a subconscious desire to train a bit harder. It's not gonna make him any worse surely!

Ozyhibby
08-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Hopefully gives AS a subconscious desire to train a bit harder. It's not gonna make him any worse surely!

I'm happy for him to carry on as before and totally ignore Kevin Thomson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
08-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Sorry KT, but Stokes is a Hibs legend.

You aren't and never have been.

Think you should just leave it there.

patlowe
08-09-2017, 10:30 PM

Harsh, KT played a significant role in the 2016 derby comeback and replay, even if ignoring any other contribution.

neil7908
08-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Good response by Stokes.

Mikey09
08-09-2017, 11:27 PM

Listen... :greengrin

Ive known so many lads who were the worst trainers in the world but were the first name on the team sheet. I hated training! It bored the ****** life out me! All I wanted to do was play competitive games and score goals. Some guys love training and fair do's. Some hate it but are just as important, if not more, come match day.

Thecat23
08-09-2017, 11:29 PM

Stokes wouldn't be a Hibs legend if KT didn't clear a last min shot off the line in the 2-2 game. Everyone who played in the cup games are legends including KT.

Mikey09
08-09-2017, 11:35 PM
Stokes wouldn't be a Hibs legend if KT didn't clear a last min shot off the line in the 2-2 game. Everyone who played in the cup games are legends including KT.

Absolutely correct. :agree:

Brightside
08-09-2017, 11:35 PM

bollix. simple fact is we wouldn't have the ground and training centre we have without players like KT. He's also now a ST holder. You think Stokes will be at Hibs games when his career is over.

KT has pointed out a simple fact. Just imagine how good Stokes good be if he had the right attitude in training. Its the same for many players...fantastic raw talent. But hard work will always beat talent if talent doesnt work hard.

SRHibs
09-09-2017, 12:07 AM
Can you all honestly say you put in 100% effort at work at all times? The whole thing is a pointless non-story.

Just Jimmy
09-09-2017, 12:12 AM
Can you all honestly say you put in 100% effort at work? The whole thing is a pointless non-story.I can. I respect myself, even on days that I don't enjoy my job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
09-09-2017, 12:22 AM
I can. I respect myself, even on days that I don't enjoy my job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You're a better man than me then. Not that I don't work hard, but it's hard to keep the motivation to be firing on all cylinders at all times. Wouldn't say it amounts to a lack of respect for one's self.

truehibernian
09-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Can you all honestly say you put in 100% effort at work at all times? The whole thing is a pointless non-story.

I think Kevin's point is AS could have been (easily) an EPL player of some standing if he had worked harder in his career. That's not to understate his Celtic achievements but he could have been so much better than that.

KT is carving out a new career in youth coaching and combining media with that - have to say, having spoken to him last season his love for Hibs is strong - he is a supporter like the rest of us and he has opinions. Should have heard Eddie Turnbull talk about Deek :greengrin (sorry SH.........he loved him.......played out of position though :greengrin).

lyonhibs
09-09-2017, 05:28 AM

This :agree::agree:

As for training, I mean honestly who gives the same in training as they do on matchday? I'm not a John Terry knobhead type so am I likely to go barrelling into challenges with my own team-mates with as much commitment as when it's the opponent? Or run quite as fast, jump quite as high etc?

That's not to say you don't need to put in a decent amount of effort during training and I've no idea what shade of grey on the "bad trainer" spectrum we're talking about with Stokes' here.

Does he sit on the sidelines with a fag and a can or are there just some days when he can't be arsed with fitness drills or whatever.

hibsbollah
09-09-2017, 05:38 AM
I think Kevin's point is AS could have been (easily) an EPL player of some standing if he had worked harder in his career. That's not to understate his Celtic achievements but he could have been so much better than that.

KT is carving out a new career in youth coaching and combining media with that - have to say, having spoken to him last season his love for Hibs is strong - he is a supporter like the rest of us and he has opinions. Should have heard Eddie Turnbull talk about Deek :greengrin (sorry SH.........he loved him.......played out of position though :greengrin).

Stokes could have rightly pointed out that KT could have achieved more with his OWN career if he hadn't dived in that old firm game, in a blatant attempt to cheat that resulted in KT suffering his own nasty leg injury. Now that's irresponsible :rolleyes:

CorrieHibs
09-09-2017, 06:26 AM

Well said

IGRIGI
09-09-2017, 06:29 AM
Interesting that Thomshun decides to come out with this stuff shortly before this: http://twitter.com/kthomsonacademy/status/906128271460499457

Fixed.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-09-2017, 06:41 AM
Couldn't really give a toss what Thomson has got to say Tbh, whether it's criticising former team mates or cosying up to reminisce with his Hun friends, has always loved the sound of his own voice.

Hibbyradge
09-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Fixed.

Ridiculous post.

heretoday
09-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Couldn't really give a toss what Thomson has got to say Tbh, whether it's criticising former team mates or cosying up to reminisce with his Hun friends, has always loved the sound of his own voice.

I wish he'd shut his trap.

hibsbollah
09-09-2017, 06:55 AM
I wish he'd shut his trap.

History suggests you're not going to get your wish anytime soon.

Heisenberg
09-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Thomson does too much sucking up to the hun hordes for me. Got to make his money somehow I suppose.

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2017, 07:15 AM
Crap form by Thomson to criticize a former team-mate and fellow Hibs legend. And no Kev, lying on the treatment table does not count as 'training'.

Ozyhibby
09-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Even from afar, Kev likes to upset a Hibs dressing room. [emoji23]

Captain Trips
09-09-2017, 08:08 AM
I do not know what goes on from week to week at East Mains I as most people who watch Hibs see the players for 90mins a week.

I am interested in what goes on in tbe 90, I am sure we have had plenty of players who didn't train as hard as others but do their job on a Saturday and there are players whom give more but fail on the Saturday.

I understood perhaps Latapay wasn't the best trainer we have had but was one of the lucky ones that still performed at a high level on match day.

Judging from this current squad I would have no clue who tries harder in training based on performance on match day. I would suggest that the defence have a wee look at themselves at training during the week long before Stokes.

Craig_HFC
09-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Thomson is a fanny.

Loves himself more than anything in the world. He should keep quiet about Hibs and stick to his Hun love-ins on Twitter.

Brightside
09-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Thomson is a fanny.

Loves himself more than anything in the world. He should keep quiet about Hibs and stick to his Hun love-ins on Twitter.

He's Hibs through and through and is also bringing his sons up as hibs fans.

NAE NOOKIE
09-09-2017, 09:18 AM

Exactly this .... If in years to come future Hibs fans taking the ER tour get to gaze at pictures of Hanlon's equaliser at Tynecastle or David Gray's winner at Hampden between the two should be a picture of KT's header off the line .... just as vital to us as any goal in that cup run.

09-09-2017, 09:27 AM
He's Hibs through and through and is also bringing his sons up as hibs fans.

Maybe he should reconsider criticising Hibs legends in the media in that case.

Captain Trips
09-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Perhaps he should also give AS some advice on how to deal with writing coloumns in papers... or maybe not.... or remaining professional at all times when conducting yourself during transfers from one club to another.

we are hibs
09-09-2017, 09:39 AM
In 50 years time people will know who stokes is. They won't know who Thomson is. He isn't a hibs legend either, that's a laughable claim.

theonlywayisup
09-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Not read any previous posts nor either the KT article or the Stokes response, but my view on Stokes is that he could have achieved a lot more in the game if his attitude was better.

When you think about the SC Final, Anthony Stokes was unplayable. He was so good and The Rangers couldn't cope with him. There have been other games like that - he was very good in the game against Partick Thistle. He wasn't at his best against The Rangers at Ibrox but he certainly got involved. However, there are so many other games when he's nowhere near as effective. Is that down to the way Hibs are playing? Or the quality of the opposition? Or down to Anthony Stokes?

I feel it's the latter. But my opinion doesn't matter. It's down to the player himself. If he feels he's doing all he can and is happy with where he is, then that's ok. However, I feel he could have achieved a lot more in the game if we could see the SC Final Anthony Stokes in every game.

In a way, he's similar to Michael Stewart. He was an okay play throughout his career. Had some good moments, some not so good. However, I recall a game against Celtic when they had Roy Keane. For every second that Keane was on the pitch, Stewart was all over him like a rash. The second Keane left the picth it was back to the 'old' Stewart. I felt Stewart was proving a point to Keane, who I assume knew each other from their time at Man U. But, again, why couldn't we see that version of Michael Stewart and not the one who's throwing up on the pitch before half time.

theonlywayisup
09-09-2017, 09:47 AM
He isn't a hibs legend either, that's a laughable claim.

That's your opinion. Not everyone would agree with your view.

IMO Kevin Thomson is not a legend when compared to the greats who have played for Hibs. Depending on the era you watched, all Hibs fans will have their view on who is a legend.

Those saying that KT is a legend is down to the fact that he was part of a team that helped Hibs win the Scottish Cup, something that the other legends never did. His contribution was not as great as all those on the pitch on the 21st May, but he did contribute and for that I'm happy if people want to call him a legend.

If I meet him in the street, I would happily go up and shake his hand and wish him all the best.

Captain Trips
09-09-2017, 11:34 AM
In 50 years time people will know who stokes is. They won't know who Thomson is. He isn't a hibs legend either, that's a laughable claim.

His conduct in the press during his transfer will go before his football. It still is now and will be same in future. His move to the old defunct Rangers will always come into discussion about him.

KT will be remembered but it will be polarized. IMO its his own fault memory or discussion will mention his transfer equally or more than things on pitch.

lyonhibs
09-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Not read any previous posts nor either the KT article or the Stokes response, but my view on Stokes is that he could have achieved a lot more in the game if his attitude was better.

When you think about the SC Final, Anthony Stokes was unplayable. He was so good and The Rangers couldn't cope with him. There have been other games like that - he was very good in the game against Partick Thistle. He wasn't at his best against The Rangers at Ibrox but he certainly got involved. However, there are so many other games when he's nowhere near as effective. Is that down to the way Hibs are playing? Or the quality of the opposition? Or down to Anthony Stokes?

I feel it's the latter. But my opinion doesn't matter. It's down to the player himself. If he feels he's doing all he can and is happy with where he is, then that's ok. However, I feel he could have achieved a lot more in the game if we could see the SC Final Anthony Stokes in every game.

In a way, he's similar to Michael Stewart. He was an okay play throughout his career. Had some good moments, some not so good. However, I recall a game against Celtic when they had Roy Keane. For every second that Keane was on the pitch, Stewart was all over him like a rash. The second Keane left the picth it was back to the 'old' Stewart. I felt Stewart was proving a point to Keane, who I assume knew each other from their time at Man U. But, again, why couldn't we see that version of Michael Stewart and not the one who's throwing up on the pitch before half time.

You're not comparing KT's career to that of Michael Stewart, as if there's any parity between the 2 surely??!?

I'm no having that. With both on top form, Stewart couldn't lace Thomson's boots. IMO.

skankomcphee
09-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Thomson does too much sucking up to the hun hordes for me. Got to make his money somehow I suppose.

This is what I find the most distasteful - more than anything he's written about Stokes, although I'm sure a lot of his pals at Ibrox would have been pleased to read it. I don't recall Ian Murray, as a Hibs fan who has played at Ibrox, rushing back for fan get-togethers and I don't get the feeling Darren McGregor will be doing that kind of thing either. It's a bit surprising to see a Hibs supporter entertaining them to the extent Thomson does, IMHO.

inglisavhibs
09-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Stokes looked very fit today and is going to be a great player for us this season. Looks leaner as well.

theonlywayisup
09-09-2017, 09:55 PM
You're not comparing KT's career to that of Michael Stewart, as if there's any parity between the 2 surely??!?

I'm no having that. With both on top form, Stewart couldn't lace Thomson's boots. IMO.

Jeez, read my post again. I'm talking about attitude not ability.

beensaidbefore
09-09-2017, 10:06 PM
I'm happy for him to carry on as before and totally ignore Kevin Thomson.

😄