PDA

View Full Version : Saints v Hibs Team News

Billy Whizz
07-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Just watched Lennon's interview on Hibs TV
Boyle a doubt for Saturday, not surprised as he didn't play for the development team on Tuesday. Fontaine has an ankle injury and is a doubt, and Darren McGregor is also a doubt with knee inflammation.

Looks like 442 if that the case, maybe McGeough to start

Jim44
07-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Boyle a doubt for Saturday, not surprised as he didn't play for the development team on Tuesday. Fontaine has an ankle injury and is a doubt, and Darren McGregor is also a doubt with knee inflammation.

Just as well we brought in all those 'surplus to requirement players after all'. :wink:

frazeHFC
07-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Frustrating if Boyle doesn't make it. Not too confident of winning there although I think he could have made the difference.

Wheat Hound
07-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Bartley

McGeouch McGinn

Slivka

Stokes Murray

ajf
08-09-2017, 12:21 AM
Marciano

Bartley

McGeouch McGinn

Slivka

Stokes Murray

Yes ! Except Whittaker for Stevenson :aok:

SouthMoroccoStu
08-09-2017, 04:27 AM
Get Swanson in the team

The boy will come good and this is where it starts

frazeHFC
08-09-2017, 05:53 AM
Marciano

Bartley

McGeouch McGinn

Slivka

Stokes Murray

This exact team for me too.

GreenCastle
08-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Shame about Boyle as he was one of the best players in pre-season.

Slivka has played 2 games in a short space of time - hopefully he's not fatigued.

Tough game but winnable and will be a good test to see where we are.

Ronniekirk
08-09-2017, 10:07 AM

Article saying Mcgregor may need surgery .If its needed get it done now but would be a big blow Fontaine not playing first team football and now injured . Did we send Porteous out on loan as he may be needed at some point
Tricky game this and would ofbeen one of the grounds i would of accepted a point at but as we drew Dens i want a win
Boyle missing when expected back is a blow given Murray has been more subdued the last two games for different reasons But he will come again

neil7908
08-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Really tough game for us, especially if we are missing Boyle.

I think either he or Barker need to play or we'll have no width.

I must admit I'm not feeling very optimistic, be happy with a point but with O'Halloran on form our defence will need to be at the top of theirs game.

scoopyboy
08-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Marciano

Bartley

McGeouch McGinn

Slivka

Stokes Murray

No width in that team whatsoever, not saying you will be far off the mark however.

Personally I think Whittaker and Barker will start.

yonder1875
08-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Get Swanson in the team

Agreed.

Billy Whizz
08-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Get Swanson in the team

Against Richard Foster tomorrow😄

truehibernian
08-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Against Richard Foster tomorrow😄

:take thatI'd love to see Danny playing tomorrow and turning in a great performance - minus the fisticuffs :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Rocky

Gray Efe Hanlon Stevenson

Whitts Slivka McGinn Barker

Murray Stokes

Souter96Mac
08-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Think we'll need Bartley in this one, thought he played well against dundee. Also have the wide options with barker and swanson so will be another difficult teams sheet to pick imo. I'd go for
Rocky
Whittaker efe Hanlon stevenson
Bartley
Mcgeouch mcginn
Slivka
Stokes Murray

Could easily have gray in at right back to be fair, just thought going forward whitty may offer us more of a threat. Only injuries are making it slightly easier to pick teams, which says something about the quality in depth we have imo. Think we'll win this one 2-0. Murray and swanson off the bench

KWJ
08-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Very tough game and tricky team to call.

I'm going to stay we start narrow and frustrate St. J while having quality at the other end with...

Rocky

Bartley

Slivka McGeouch McGinn

Stokes Big Dave

And then on 60 minutes or so however the game is going we ramp it up and take the game to them bringing on Murray, Barker and perhaps Boyle/Swanson/Murray/Whittaker (for LS or Marv).

Nameless
08-09-2017, 03:45 PM
GK - MARCIANO
CB - WHITTY
CB - HANLON
CB - AMBROSE

RM - SWANSON
CM - MCGEOUCH
CM - MCGINN
CM - SLIVKA
LM - BARKER

CF - MURRAY
CF - STOKES

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Smartie
08-09-2017, 04:08 PM
With 2 CHs out, this might be Porteous' big chance.

I have a feeling that when he gets his chance he'll take it, stay there, and not find himself out the team for a while.

Saints are no mugs so we'll need a strong team whichever way we look at it.

Marciano

Gray Porteous Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

McGeough McGinn Slivka

Murray Stokes

Plenty of option to change formation or shake it up if necessary.

1st things first - I don't want to see us lose a goal in the first half hour, I don't want to see us lose the first goal. We need to be sharper at the start of games. Much sharper.

eastcoasthibby
09-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Marciano

whittaker ambrose hanlon stevenson

bartley

slivka mcginn barker

stokes.
Murray

jacomo
09-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Tough gig today. Good luck boys.

bingo70
09-09-2017, 08:41 AM
I think Simon Murray might find himself rested at some point and it wouldn't surprise me if it's today.

He's had an absolutely sensational start for us but there's been signs of him flagging a bit recently, I don't know if that's due to him losing the element of surprise he had or maybe just tiring a bit but for whatever reason he didn't look as sharp as he did earlier.

It's going to be a really tough game today and could take a bit of magic from the likes of Barker that opens things up as they'll be rock solid through the centre of the park.

danhibees1875
09-09-2017, 08:42 AM
As usual, tough one to call. I'd be tempted to go:

Rocky
Gray Hanlon Ambrose Stevenson
Bartley
Whittaker Mcginn Slivka
Stokes Murray

Barker coming off the bench to win it 2-1.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Why does hardly anyone want McGeough to start?

Ronniekirk
09-09-2017, 09:00 AM

In case he gets injured Might not be the game for him to start given we are talking about needing to win the battle first ,but he he needs more game time imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
09-09-2017, 09:01 AM
I would also play Ryan in a back 3. Efe can press up into midfield and it allows more creativity in midfield rather than playing a stopper like Bartley.
Barker will start if fit.

eastcoasthibby
09-09-2017, 09:11 AM
I think Simon Murray might find himself rested at some point and it wouldn't surprise me if it's today.

He's had an absolutely sensational start for us but there's been signs of him flagging a bit recently, I don't know if that's due to him losing the element of surprise he had or maybe just tiring a bit but for whatever reason he didn't look as sharp as he did earlier.

It's going to be a really tough game today and could take a bit of magic from the likes of Barker that opens things up as they'll be rock solid through the centre of the park.

Lack of ammunition and pacey play from Boyle that supports his game ..? Maybe ?

erin go bragh
09-09-2017, 09:13 AM

We're a better team when Dylon plays Billy .

Rocky

SDG
Ambrose
Hanlon
Whitts

Bartley

McGeough
Slivks
SJM

Murray
Stokes

Jones28
09-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Marciano

whittaker ambrose hanlon stevenson

bartley

slivka mcginn barker

stokes.
Murray

My team too

Billy Whizz
09-09-2017, 09:33 AM
We're a better team when Dylon plays Billy .

Rocky

SDG
Ambrose
Hanlon
Whitts

Bartley

McGeough
Slivks
SJM

Murray
Stokes

Won't be far away from that. Anyone know if Slivka returned from international duty without any injuries

lord bunberry
09-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Won't be far away from that. Anyone know if Slivka returned from international duty without any injuries
Lennon said that apart from Boyle and big Daz, everyone was fit.

theonlywayisup
09-09-2017, 10:12 AM
The team will be:

Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Whittaker

Barker McGinn Bartley Slivka

Stokes Murray

I think we'll aim to keep it tight to begin with, then hope to create space.

calumhibee1
09-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Is this PATG? And is there going to be plenty PATG tickets available if so?

Hermit Crab
09-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Is this PATG? And is there going to be plenty PATG tickets available if so?

Official Site: TICKET UPDATE | ST JOHNSTON AWAY (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?324374-Official-Site-TICKET-UPDATE-ST-JOHNSTONE-AWAY) Read.

cammy1969
09-09-2017, 10:50 AM
I would also play Ryan in a back 3. Efe can press up into midfield and it allows more creativity in midfield rather than playing a stopper like Bartley.
Barker will start if fit.

Was thinking along same lines 3 backs but think will still play marv and try close down space that the boy on loan from Huns has been getting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
09-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Not sure about playing Big Marv, as a team they are very niggly and will play up to any of Marv's power tackles!

This is the sort of game we can win, but if down to 10 men it could be disaster!!!!!