PDA

View Full Version : When is a jambo not a jambo?

sauzee6_2
04-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Admit it....who like me celebrated when Berra scored for Scotland, then about 2 seconds later had a tinge of disappointment realising it was a jambo that scored

Just me??

Eyrie
04-09-2017, 07:42 PM
When he's been cured?

surreyhibbie
04-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Me too ...

But he's not a yam fud tonight :wink:

weecounty hibby
04-09-2017, 07:52 PM
He will always be a yam fud. He's just a yam fud who scored for Scotland tonight

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Even nippy hertz fuds get my full backing when they pull on the Scotland shirt.

More so mercurial wee Hibs legends when they get me next goalscorer money...! :greengrin

Brunswickbill
04-09-2017, 09:39 PM
I was even cheering an Engerlund victory tonight. That's never happened before .

Smartie
04-09-2017, 09:45 PM
I wanted England to win tonight and cheered a Christophe Berra goal.

What next?

Ibrox on Saturday?

Ringothedog
04-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Just goes to show how crazy a night it was....cheering yam fuds and Engerlund

CraigHibee
04-09-2017, 10:15 PM
when they have less than 6 fingers on each hand

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-09-2017, 10:33 PM
When Scotland play, the club's they come from is irrelevant to me. As long as we have players on the park fighting for the cause.

I cheered tonight, and if Berra does the business against both Slov's then I'll cheer again.

He'll still get abuse at the end of October the same as the rest of the freaks

Greencore
04-09-2017, 11:02 PM
I cheered and felt dirty when i saw it was him😂

Haymaker
04-09-2017, 11:42 PM
Never. When they play for Scotland they're still a jambo. Just a slightly better one.

SirDavidsNapper
04-09-2017, 11:47 PM
I cheered then immediately called him a Hearts prick

G B Young
05-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Never. When they play for Scotland they're still a jambo. Just a slightly better one.

Back in the day when I started watching Scotland there were next to no Hearts players involved (in fact I can't recall any being part of the Scotland set-up in the mid to late 70s). However, a few started to creep in such as Robbo, that donkey McPherson, Pressley and Webster and it definitely compromised my support for the team. To quote from a link I've posted on another thread, this Arsenal fan sums it up quite well:

“I don’t watch much football if it’s not Arsenal or hasn’t got a bearing on Arsenal. I’m not an England fan either. I find it hypocritical that one spends a whole season insulting John Terry or Wayne Rooney or whoever, and you’re suddenly rooting for them. I just can’t get my head round that."

By the same token I recall being at a Scotland game a long while back and when Scotland scored I had to check whether it was Robbo or McCoist who had put the ball in the net because me celebrations would have been reined in had it been Robbo. Ridiculous really (especially as I wasn't exactly a McCoist fan either!), but I guess it's just one of several reasons I drifted away from watching international football.

Smartie
05-09-2017, 10:46 AM
I've honestly never had any problem with getting behind any player playing for Scotland. i quite like that you can be hollering at a player one week and supporting him the next.

I remember for a while my least favourite player in the Scotland team was Steven Fletcher, and this was whilst he was at Hibs. I just didn't think his club form merited his place. I do think that Fletcher improved after he left us and went on to deserve a place (only to be ridiculously deprived of it for so long by Craig Levein).

where'stheslope
05-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Makes you wonder how Irish fans feel cheering their players who are Scottish and English??????

It is now getting worse, as players change nationality half way through their careers!!!!

You can't make it up, and we worry about a Yam here and a Yam there????

snooky
05-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Not that I care a jot about the International team these days however, back when I did a Scotland top made the player a Scotland player no matter what club he played for. No point in going to the game if you feel otherwise, IMO.

Lendo
05-09-2017, 11:39 AM
I felt a bit dirty celebrating the England goals last night.

Deansy
05-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Just goes to show how crazy a night it was....cheering yam fuds and Engerlund

I've always said that Hearts are the 'Club version of England' - they have an idea/impression of themselves that bears no relation to reality !. They think that all the 'other teams' (those 'Small' teams) should cower in fear of playing them but that these same teams should also respect and admire them - though it's hard to understand exactly what it is they think should be admired and respected for ??. At the beginning of every competition/tournament, they believe that they are the favourites to win it and just can't understand or explain it when they don't ! They also believe that they are 'Up there with the big teams' and that it's only bad luck and dodgy decisions that's prevented them from reaching their true position in football - as champions !

Oh, and they also have an extremely arrogant and condescending support !

Callyballybe
05-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Had absolutely no issue celebrating a yam scoring for Scotland last night, and will do it again if Berra can reproduce the goods once more in the next two games.

I even had no problem cheering when England scored. If it is to the overall benefit of Scotland then I'll get behind most things.

Hibrandenburg
05-09-2017, 05:56 PM
When he can afford the bus fare.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2017, 06:07 PM
When they actually hand over the cash for their poppies?:dunno:

erin go bragh
06-09-2017, 07:49 PM
When they get the op to remove their extra fingers .

lyonhibs
07-09-2017, 05:04 AM
When they're a Hun??

Itsnoteasy
07-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Makes you wonder how Irish fans feel cheering their players who are Scottish and English??????

It is now getting worse, as players change nationality half way through their careers!!!!

You can't make it up, and we worry about a Yam here and a Yam there????

Scotland team is like that also.
Plenty English accents in the squad.

snooky
07-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Or when is a Jambo still a Jambo ... :hmmm:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/ex-hearts-youth-player-facing-jail-after-robbery-from-greggs-1-4553698

" .... took charity cash from the bakery shop ... "

lyonhibs
07-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Or when is a Jambo still a Jambo ... :hmmm:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/ex-hearts-youth-player-facing-jail-after-robbery-from-greggs-1-4553698

" .... took charity cash from the bakery shop ... "

Terrible journalism tbf

Firestarter
07-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Berra is a Celtic fan. He takes a wage from hearts.

majorhibs
07-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Hands in pockets & shoes on feet?