PDA

View Full Version : Greece v Belgium

Billy Whizz
03-09-2017, 06:52 PM
2 of Hearts ex Greek internationalists, who got pumped in the Scottish Cup, starting for Greece tonight

Radium
03-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Hungary v Portugal on ITV4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
03-09-2017, 07:26 PM

Hungary down to 10 men after half an hour

IGRIGI
03-09-2017, 07:47 PM
France 0 - 0 Luxembourg at half time

hibsbollah
03-09-2017, 08:09 PM
France 0 - 0 Luxembourg at half time

Still 0-0 20 mins left. This would be a shockeroony

frazeHFC
03-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Good strike by Vertonghen.

IGRIGI
03-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Luxembourg hit the post!

3pm
03-09-2017, 08:22 PM
2 of Hearts ex Greek internationalists, who got pumped in the Scottish Cup, starting for Greece tonight

Tolley is still unattached according to the Sky Sports app.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Luxembourg very unlucky not to take the lead a few minutes ago.

It looked in all the way.

IGRIGI
03-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Luxembourg have a Portugese born player playing for them, Rodrigues, he's having the game of his life, everywhere on the pitch!

Sir David Gray
03-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Full time France 0-0 Luxembourg

Wow!

frazeHFC
03-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Amazing result for Luxembourg against a very good France team.

I'm still not entirely convinced by France though. I think Germany and Spain are better teams.

Pete
03-09-2017, 08:41 PM

Probably one of the most boring games I've watched in my life.

Sergey
03-09-2017, 08:43 PM

I'm still not entirely convinced by France though. I think Germany and Spain are better teams.

France we're 1/100 to win and the draw was priced at 40/1.

Amazing trades in running on the exchanges.

Billy Whizz
03-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Full time France 0-0 Luxembourg

Wow!

A warning for Scotland tomorrow night

Pedantic_Hibee
03-09-2017, 08:45 PM
I had a tenner fivefold which yielded 60 notes. Quite fancy lumping it all on a treble tomorrow. Any advice?

Edit - Or a double/single. Happy to just double my money.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2017, 08:49 PM
A warning for Scotland tomorrow night

Definitely.

Whilst Malta are worse than Luxembourg, we're not as good as France so it balances itself out.

We need to go at them from the start, get a couple of goals and finish the match off.

Whilst they were eventually comfortably beaten by England the other night, they got to half time 0-0 so there's definitely a warning there as well.

Zazu62
03-09-2017, 08:54 PM

I seen tziolis was playing who was the other ?

Ryan69
03-09-2017, 09:59 PM
I had a tenner fivefold which yielded 60 notes. Quite fancy lumping it all on a treble tomorrow. Any advice?

Scotland,Slovenia,Germany

hibbyboy1
03-09-2017, 11:38 PM
When does the points reduction come in to effect is it after the last game. If so Scotland could lose to Malta and still finish second because they would only be deducted 3 points

Deansy
04-09-2017, 12:22 AM

Ah - that explains the score !!

Greece 1 Belgium 2

danhibees1875
04-09-2017, 06:07 AM
When does the points reduction come in to effect is it after the last game. If so Scotland could lose to Malta and still finish second because they would only be deducted 3 points

Is that for the poppy wearing? I thought that went unpunished in the end?

Are all 2nd place teams in a playoff - or just the ones with the best points tally (hard to Scotland doing enough if so).

jonny
04-09-2017, 07:24 AM

No points are deducted during the group stage. If we lose to Malta it's highly unlikely that we'll finish 2nd. The team that accumulates the 2nd most points in the group will finish 2nd.
The best 8 2nd place teams (out of 9 groups) qualify for the playoffs. Due to the fact some of the groups have 1 team less, the points obtained against the bottom team of those with groups of 6 are deducted to give a fairer comparison across all the groups.
If we win our next 3 games and finish 2nd we'll be alright, 2 wins and a draw should still see us ok as long as we finish 2nd.

jonny
04-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Is that for the poppy wearing? I thought that went unpunished in the end?

Are all 2nd place teams in a playoff - or just the ones with the best points tally (hard to Scotland doing enough if so).

The poppy thing was dealt with by way of a fine. The best 8 2nd place teams go to the playoffs, only 1 2nd place team won't make it.

WeeRussell
04-09-2017, 07:45 AM

England, Denmark and Germany will let you do that.. provided they win obviously :)

danhibees1875
04-09-2017, 07:59 AM
The poppy thing was dealt with by way of a fine. The best 8 2nd place teams go to the playoffs, only 1 2nd place team won't make it.

Okay, thanks. :aok:

We look like we have some catching up to, even if we get 2nd we will only have max 20 points - which a lot of teams will manage to better.

jonny
04-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Okay, thanks. :aok:

We look like we have some catching up to, even if we get 2nd we will only have max 20 points - which a lot of teams will manage to better.

Just noticed all the groups have 6 teams so there will be no deduction after the groups to determine the 8 best 2nd placed teams.
If we get to 20 points I think we'll be fine, a lot of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams in the other groups still have each other to play. If we manage to finish 2nd with 2 Wins and a draw (18 points) then it'll be touch and go.

danhibees1875
04-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Just noticed all the groups have 6 teams so there will be no deduction after the groups to determine the 8 best 2nd placed teams.
If we get to 20 points I think we'll be fine, a lot of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams in the other groups still have each other to play. If we manage to finish 2nd with 2 Wins and a draw (18 points) then it'll be touch and go.

Yeah, I didn't look into it enough to see who the other 2nd teams had to play. I just seen they were a few points ahead of 11 already. We'll find out in October. :aok:

JeMeSouviens
04-09-2017, 09:30 AM

Spain looked superb vs Italy.

Billy Whizz
04-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Are the play off seeded?
Not jumping too far ahead, just wanting to know

Ryan69
04-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Are the play off seeded?
Not jumping too far ahead, just wanting to know

Of course they will be.

Cant have any big teams like Italy miss out.

Its no better than fixing who gets there.

Still reckon every name should just be put in a hat for EVERY tournament.
Makes it more fair.

danhibees1875
04-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Had a quick look at the other 2nd place teams and their fixtures if anyone is interested. It is as follows:

Group A: Sweden on 16, play lux and Bulgaria.

Group B: Portugal on 21 points.

Group C: N Ireland on 16, play Czech republic, Germany, Norway.

Group D: Ireland on 13, play Serbia, Moldova, Wales.

Group E: Montenegro on 13, play Romania, Denmark, Poland.

Group F: we're currently on 11, Malta, Slovakia, Slovenia to go.

Group G: Italy on 16, play Israel, Macedonia, Albania.

Group H: Bosnia on 14, play Belgium and Estonia.

Group I: Ukraine on 14, play Iceland, Kosovo, Croatia.

Of course, teams in 3rd might have better run ins and be on 11 or above points as well as us.

hibbysam
04-09-2017, 09:58 AM

Kosovo and Gibraltar were only given FIFA status after the draw and were "added in" after the draw. At the time of the draw two groups were one team short, so games vs 6th place were discarded. FIFA confirmed results vs 6th place will still be discarded after those two teams were added.

This means Scotland will still lose 6 points should we finish second. But then I'd presume every nation which finishes second will lose 6 points. Only potentially Poland and France (should they finish second) won't lose all 6 points.

jonny
04-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Kosovo and Gibraltar were only given FIFA status after the draw and were "added in" after the draw. At the time of the draw two groups were one team short, so games vs 6th place were discarded. FIFA confirmed results vs 6th place will still be discarded after those two teams were added.

This means Scotland will still lose 6 points should we finish second. But then I'd presume every nation which finishes second will lose 6 points. Only potentially Poland and France (should they finish second) won't lose all 6 points.

That makes sense because I do remember something about the points gained in games against the bottom team being deducted.
All cleared up then.
I still think if we win all our remaining games we'll be ok and that if we finish 2nd with 2 wins and a draw then it'll be very close.