PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon testimonial

Hibbyradge
02-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Paul's current contact keeps him at Easter Road until 2019, unless Aberdeen offer silly money in January, but would I be right in saying that he'll be due a testimonial next year?

Green Man
02-09-2017, 07:40 AM
January 2008 was his first appearance for us, so you're right.

Postman
02-09-2017, 07:40 AM
Paul's current contact keeps him at Easter Road until 2019, unless Aberdeen offer silly money in January, but would I be right in saying that he'll be due a testimonial next year?

Aberdeen in January??

Hibbyradge
02-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Aberdeen in January??

Or subsequently.

Aberdeen approached Hibs about him on Thursday but we're told to bolt.

They also tried to get him 12 months ago.

Postman
02-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Or subsequently.

Aberdeen approached Hibs about him on Thursday but we're told to bolt.

Okay, sorry, I must have missed that

Hibbyradge
02-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Okay, sorry, I must have missed that

I thought I read it on here. Maybe it was the PM board.

Postman
02-09-2017, 07:53 AM

Did he not choose us over them when we were in the Championship? Given that and the amount of money we've just knocked back for McGinn, the only reason I could see him ending up there is if we didn't want him

Stokesy's on fire
02-09-2017, 08:14 AM

Why would he leave hibs to join a lesser club?

Stokesy's on fire
02-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Did he not choose us over them when we were in the Championship? Given that and the amount of money we've just knocked back for McGinn, the only reason I could see him ending up there is if we didn't want him

Exactly

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Why would he leave hibs to join a lesser club?

Can see Hanlon being the next Lewis. One club man.

1van Sprou7e
02-09-2017, 11:38 AM

Stevenson is only 29, plenty of time for him to change clubs

hibee_girl
02-09-2017, 01:05 PM

Hope not!

Centre Hawf
02-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Hope not! Agreed. Not sure what my heart would do if I saw either Paul or Lewis lining up against us.

jacomo
02-09-2017, 05:11 PM

:agree:

This is what we all want, surely?

Hibbyradge
02-09-2017, 05:34 PM

I certainly do, but there are people on the FB Hibs Page who would get rid of him. :rolleyes:

Brightside
02-09-2017, 05:54 PM
I certainly do, but there are people on the FB Hibs Page who would get rid of him. :rolleyes:

shame that someone copied it from the PM board and put it on that Hibs Page. That page is full of complete and utter roasters.

Glory Lurker
02-09-2017, 06:17 PM

Not even PSG could offer him enough to leave us. Love you, Lewie! :love ya!:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2017, 06:19 PM

I think that most of us do.

Iggy Pope
02-09-2017, 08:27 PM

I read it too D. I'd like to know how stuff like that gets out.
I mean, do we have people on here lurking about the corridors of East Mains, bribing the old dear who cleans the bogs, slipping a tenner to the jannie?
How would anyone know that Aberdeen (presumably someone at high level) called someone at Hibs (equally high level) and were told 'not to bother' as soon as they mentioned Paul Hanlon?
Who shares that sort of information with the plebs that rush to post it on here? (within the space of deadline day at that).

No ****, that's who.

In saying this, if it is true, it's about the only 'exclusive' posted on the transfer threads that turned out to be accurate.

we are hibs
03-09-2017, 07:24 AM
shame that someone copied it from the PM board and put it on that Hibs Page. That page is full of complete and utter roasters.

So is this forum, tbf.

Stokesy's on fire
03-09-2017, 08:21 AM

That page should be renamed cringe page.

KWJ
03-09-2017, 11:27 AM
When the bloke that got arrested at Dundee comes across as one of the better posters you know where you stand.

On topic - love this. If we can't get a past and present game then something akin to the Sunderland game wouldn't be too bad. As good as it is to get a huge name we also want t be able to win. Had we not come back v sunderland that'd have been a bit if a seekner!

LustForLeith
03-09-2017, 11:45 AM
I heard a rumour that Hibs promised him a testimonial when he signed his most recent deal.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Anyone who doesn't rate Paul Hanlon is clueless. No ifs, no buts. He's our best defender and it's telling his mistake v Hamilton provoked such a reaction. It's because it's such a rare thing to happen.

greenlex
03-09-2017, 12:10 PM
I read it too D. I'd like to know how stuff like that gets out.
I mean, do we have people on here lurking about the corridors of East Mains, bribing the old dear who cleans the bogs, slipping a tenner to the jannie?
How would anyone know that Aberdeen (presumably someone at high level) called someone at Hibs (equally high level) and were told 'not to bother' as soon as they mentioned Paul Hanlon?
Who shares that sort of information with the plebs that rush to post it on here? (within the space of deadline day at that).

No ****, that's who.

In saying this, if it is true, it's about the only 'exclusive' posted on the transfer threads that turned out to be accurate.

Presumably done through an agent or third party. Paul himself will have known and possibly didn't keep it to himself. Lots of people could potentially know.

Greenworld
10-09-2017, 07:10 AM
I can't see Paul moving anywhere get the feeling he will be a 1 club man

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
10-09-2017, 01:54 PM

We've all heard these small pockets of nutters. Grown up spoilt children. Remember getting into a fight defending Rob Jones from a group of Hibs nutters.