PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW SUMMARY

RSS Bot
31-08-2017, 11:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7840)

poolman
31-08-2017, 11:03 PM
When you look at the ins and outs it's an an absolutely fantastic window by all concerned at ER

👏

Hermit Crab
31-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Kin boooooo.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Overall it's been a good window but I would have liked to see another striker coming in as I still think we're a bit light in this area.

West lower
31-08-2017, 11:14 PM
Great business all round. Much stronger squad when you compare the ins to the outs. Well done the fans for backing the club, and the board for backing the manager. When you look at the way we have conducted our business over the summer to the other lot across the city, it really shows which club has a proper structure in place regarding stability and development, as opposed to winging it from week to week. Happy times.

RyeSloan
01-09-2017, 12:09 AM
Great business all round. Much stronger squad when you compare the ins to the outs. Well done the fans for backing the club, and the board for backing the manager. When you look at the way we have conducted our business over the summer to the other lot across the city, it really shows which club has a proper structure in place regarding stability and development, as opposed to winging it from week to week. Happy times.

Ehhh what? The Jambos have the world beating structure thank you very much!

So much so they had the best applicant for their manager already there!

Jeez honestly sometimes I despair! What do you mean we signed players with 150 international caps between them and had the financial solidity to turn down a £1.5m offer...nonsense! We are going bust if we don't finish top 4 this season don't you know!

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2017, 01:43 AM
Keeping SJM is without a doubt the best bit of business we have done and even more pleasing that we have refused to accept an insulting offer for him to do it ..... I agree that this looks like a really good window for us and especially in relation to our competitors with the possible exception of Aberdeen.

But .... and IMO there has to be a but when it comes to the signings we have made.

Whittaker ........ Will he be the asset we hope he will?, he has done ok, but not to the extent that I see him as an automatic pick before David Gray certainly not from what I've seen so far anyway.

Slivka ......... He certainly seems to be technically a very good player and he has played well enough, but from what I've seen of him I cant say for sure that he will turn out to be an absolute stand out.

Swanson ...... So far a long way off making the impact he did for St Johnstone last season.

Matulevicius ..... Looks like a hard worker, but it seems NL sees him as a bit part player, he named him as a sub at Dundee and then didn't bring him on in a game in which we were dominating and chasing a winning goal ... strange.

Murray ..... Had a great start and did well against Partick and The Rangers, but in his last two games seems to have lost his mojo a wee bit, which I'm sure he will recover.

Ambrose ...... No doubting his quality, but its no accident that even though both Hanlon and McGregor made bad mistakes against Hamilon he was the one dropped for Dundee .. I thought NL would teach him a lesson for too much fannying about on the ball in poor areas and that's exactly why he dropped him IMO.

Stokes ..... A slow start to his 3rd spell with us, but his overall play was much improved at Dens park which is encouraging, he simply has to stop getting involved in stupid off the ball stuff.

Barker ..... For parts of the Dundee game he was very exciting to watch, the kid clearly has very good feet ... if he can play at that level for 90 minutes and consistently he will be a pick every week, so far so good from him. It would be nice if the official site could get their arse in gear and actually show him in the first team squad.

To sum up ...... All of these players look like good signings for sure given their promise and / or experience, but for me it looks like we are still a wee bit off moulding them into a team along with the established guys which can deliver positive results most weeks, which is understandable. Even I wont pretend that I have any idea what our best team is and at this stage I'm not sure that Neil Lennon does either .... the potential is there with this squad to put together a settled team which will be a match for anybody and better than most, but only if everybody plays to their full potential and reaches maximum fitness. At the moment I still think Hibs look more like a collection of 11 individuals all doing their own thing on the park than a coherent unit playing as a team .... if NL can get the teamwork improved watch out.

I'm not being negative here, I'm just calling it the way I see it based on seeing all of our home games and the Dundee game on the telly.

Johnny_Leith
01-09-2017, 03:21 AM
Keeping SJM is without a doubt the best bit of business we have done and even more pleasing that we have refused to accept an insulting offer for him to do it ..... I agree that this looks like a really good window for us and especially in relation to our competitors with the possible exception of Aberdeen.

But .... and IMO there has to be a but when it comes to the signings we have made.

Whittaker ........ Will he be the asset we hope he will?, he has done ok, but not to the extent that I see him as an automatic pick before David Gray certainly not from what I've seen so far anyway.

Slivka ......... He certainly seems to be technically a very good player and he has played well enough, but from what I've seen of him I cant say for sure that he will turn out to be an absolute stand out.

Swanson ...... So far a long way off making the impact he did for St Johnstone last season.

Matulevicius ..... Looks like a hard worker, but it seems NL sees him as a bit part player, he named him as a sub at Dundee and then didn't bring him on in a game in which we were dominating and chasing a winning goal ... strange.

Murray ..... Had a great start and did well against Partick and The Rangers, but in his last two games seems to have lost his mojo a wee bit, which I'm sure he will recover.

Ambrose ...... No doubting his quality, but its no accident that even though both Hanlon and McGregor made bad mistakes against Hamilon he was the one dropped for Dundee .. I thought NL would teach him a lesson for too much fannying about on the ball in poor areas and that's exactly why he dropped him IMO.

Stokes ..... A slow start to his 3rd spell with us, but his overall play was much improved at Dens park which is encouraging, he simply has to stop getting involved in stupid off the ball stuff.

Barker ..... For parts of the Dundee game he was very exciting to watch, the kid clearly has very good feet ... if he can play at that level for 90 minutes and consistently he will be a pick every week, so far so good from him. It would be nice if the official site could get their arse in gear and actually show him in the first team squad.

To sum up ...... All of these players look like good signings for sure given their promise and / or experience, but for me it looks like we are still a wee bit off moulding them into a team along with the established guys which can deliver positive results most weeks, which is understandable. Even I wont pretend that I have any idea what our best team is and at this stage I'm not sure that Neil Lennon does either .... the potential is there with this squad to put together a settled team which will be a match for anybody and better than most, but only if everybody plays to their full potential and reaches maximum fitness. At the moment I still think Hibs look more like a collection of 11 individuals all doing their own thing on the park than a coherent unit playing as a team .... if NL can get the teamwork improved watch out.

I'm not being negative here, I'm just calling it the way I see it based on seeing all of our home games and the Dundee game on the telly.

Players need time to bed into new squads and tactics.

I think the pedigree of all of the above is impressive, and I'm confident we will have a good season.

I think we have it in us to give a few teams a going over this season, as we create a lot of chances but we need to sharpen up our finishing.

I have been concerned with our defense, we are conceding too many but there's not a lot the keeper could have done about any of them imo. We need to find the right defensive line up, I think we look much better playing a back 4 rather than 3 and wing backs.

Thecat23
01-09-2017, 05:47 AM
Absolutely fantastic window from Hibs. Best I've seen in a while. Full credit to the board and management team. Now we can concentrate on the football and really kick on.

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-09-2017, 07:24 AM
In terms of recruitment there can't be many (if any) better summers we've had?

The international pedigree within the squad is scary!

Thank you Rod/Leeann/Neil and to everybody behind the scenes

madhatter
01-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Fantastic window. BUT I genuinely worry about the Stokes impact/influence. Perhaps it is just because we have went 2 up top but Murray has looked much less active in the last 2 games. I also get annoyed when I see Stokes get involved with off the ball stuff and then his whining at team mates when he is having rotten game. He really ought to focus on his own game.

I'd be interested to see Whitty playing right mid in front of gray. It'd give us width and overlaps etc. wouldn't leave us as weak down the wings as both can defend to a degree!

We will need to get another guy upfront in January probably as we are very light in that area, if Murray and/or Stokes get injured we're down to big Davy and Shaw. Not a major problem but even a loan in January might propel us on a bit.

Stokesy's on fire
01-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Hibernian has by far recruited better than any other team in the top flight bar Celtic in this window. Well done to all Involved what a fantastic transfer window.

Firestarter
01-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Hibernian has by far recruited better than any other team in the top flight bar Celtic in this window. Well done to all Involved what a fantastic transfer window.

I would argue Aberdeen have but it's been a good one none the less and that prick Lafferty is nowhere near our club.

Scorrie
01-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Absolutely fantastic window from Hibs. Best I've seen in a while. Full credit to the board and management team. Now we can concentrate on the football and really kick on.

I agree particularly when compared to previous years when we've signed dross from English lower leagues

B.H.F.C
01-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Fantastic window. BUT I genuinely worry about the Stokes impact/influence. Perhaps it is just because we have went 2 up top but Murray has looked much less active in the last 2 games. I also get annoyed when I see Stokes get involved with off the ball stuff and then his whining at team mates when he is having rotten game. He really ought to focus on his own game.

With 4 goals in 4 starts Stokes isn't doing too badly at looking after his own game. Especially when he still has a bit to go until he is 100% fit.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2017, 09:00 AM
I think the most I posted this summer was trying to calm people down who were panicking about a lack of signings when we were not even a quarter of the way through the window. Seems perverse to think that, now.

With Leanne and Lennon in charge I never had any doubt that the season ticket sales would translate into big and exciting signings. They haven't half delivered - what an amazing window.

Stuart93
01-09-2017, 09:02 AM
I think the most I posted this summer was trying to calm people down who were panicking about a lack of signings when we were not even a quarter of the way through the window. Seems perverse to think that, now.

With Leanne and Lennon in charge I never had any doubt that the season ticket sales would translate into big and exciting signings. They haven't half delivered - what an amazing window.

To think we missed out on laffertey and signed stokes instead, damn

Stokesy's on fire
01-09-2017, 09:06 AM
I would argue Aberdeen have but it's been a good one none the less and that prick Lafferty is nowhere near our club.

I think the Fact we signed Internationals like Slivka, Ambrose, Marciano and Big Dave trumps them..oh and Stokes not to forget a few others as well. Also retaining John McGinn is pretty good going. Aye i'm glad he didn't sign! Lafferty is the definition of horrible!