PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Find (NHC - Jambo Content)

blindsummit
30-08-2017, 07:45 PM
On a recent trip to the UK, we spent a couple of days in the fair city of Bath.

While checking out a rather good Oxfam there, I spotted this gem.

For one crazy minute I almost thought about buying it. Then I came to my senses.

So, for any Jambos looking in, it's probably still there.

son of haggart
30-08-2017, 08:13 PM
On a recent trip to the UK, we spent a couple of days in the fair city of Bath.

While checking out a rather good Oxfam there, I spotted this gem.

For one crazy minute I almost thought about buying it. Then I came to my senses.

So, for any Jambos looking in, it's probably still there.

I think that will be the modern facsimile reprint, printed to coincide with the centenary of the war. If it was the original I'd expect it to be more worn and age toned. I'm back up in scotland these days but my wife goes to Bath with her work every week or two so i might get her to pop in.

Cheers

blindsummit
30-08-2017, 08:24 PM
I think that will be the modern facsimile reprint, printed to coincide with the centenary of the war. If it was the original I'd expect it to be more worn and age toned. I'm back up in Scotland these days but my wife goes to Bath with her work every week or two so i might get her to pop in.

Cheers

No problem SOH. I hope it's still there. I wish I'd looked a bit closer now to see if it was original or a reprint.

There are actually two Oxfams in Bath but I can't recall which one it was in now. Getting old!

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2017, 08:27 PM
I think that will be the modern facsimile reprint, printed to coincide with the centenary of the war. If it was the original I'd expect it to be more worn and age toned. I'm back up in scotland these days but my wife goes to Bath with her work every week or two so i might get her to pop in.

Cheers

The greatest work of revisionist history since AJP Taylor's The Origins of the Second World War. With impeccable research undertaken at the National Archives, McCartney demolishes the traditional interpretation of the Great War: four years of stalemate finally broken by economic exhaustion, America's growing involvement and new offensive tactics amongst the allies; to demonstrate how the war was won by Heart of Midlothian FC. The scholarship is masterful, the arguments unanswerable, the prose majestic. It sets a new benchmark in analysis of military history.

All proceeds to the Poppy Fund.

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2017, 09:08 PM
:top marks

Tinribs
31-08-2017, 09:48 PM

Cheers

If it's a facsimile then they have done quite a good job, the spine has metal staples.

Not saying it's original however, just accurate.

E10 Rifle
31-08-2017, 10:03 PM
The greatest work of revisionist history since AJP Taylor's The Origins of the Second World War. With impeccable research undertaken at the National Archives, McCartney demolishes the traditional interpretation of the Great War: four years of stalemate finally broken by economic exhaustion, America's growing involvement and new offensive tactics amongst the allies; to demonstrate how the war was won by Heart of Midlothian FC. The scholarship is masterful, the arguments unanswerable, the prose majestic. It sets a new benchmark in analysis of military history.

All proceeds to the Poppy Fund.

Brilliant