PDA

View Full Version : Hearts run of 8 homes games straight

Nicho87
30-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Bored at work. Checked Hearts fixtures to see when they start playing back at the pink bus shelter.

From Sat 28th Oct - Sat 16th Dec, they are at home, 8 Home games on the trot, fair enough they've played away due to their own fault of delay to the stadium.

But reason for the thread is, we clash a few times. Anyone know what the SPFL are planning?

Surely we wont be forced to miss out on our scheduled Saturday 3pm kick offs due to that lots mess in organisation of their new stand.

Also ridiculous that they have 3 games at Murrayfield. Sporting fairness, I think not. All teams should be playing them there once in that case.

Callum_62
30-08-2017, 10:03 AM
I believe the other clubs agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewboy
30-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Bored at work. Checked Hearts fixtures to see when they start playing back at the pink bus shelter.

From Sat 28th Oct - Sat 16th Dec, they are at home, 8 Home games on the trot, fair enough they've played away due to their own fault of delay to the stadium.

But reason for the thread is, we clash a few times. Anyone know what the SPFL are planning?

Surely we wont be forced to miss out on our scheduled Saturday 3pm kick offs due to that lots mess in organisation of their new stand.

Also ridiculous that they have 3 games at Murrayfield. Sporting fairness, I think not. All team should be playing them there once in that case.

Was it not said when they asked to move that our fixtures would be unaffected? Obviously if TV want to move ours then that's a different case

SirDavidsNapper
30-08-2017, 10:11 AM
We certainly shouldn't be compromised by Hearts making a pigs ear of their redevelopment. They should be moving their games accordingly as to not clash with us.

Mick O'Rourke
30-08-2017, 10:43 AM
If any home fixture clashes,Hibernian should get priority to play 3pm Saturday(unless there is live TV coverage)
Hertz could play the Friday night or Sunday.
I am supposing that the polis would block any attempt for both to be at home on the same afternoon.

However,older fans will recall that happening in the past(playing at home on the same day)
I can remember back in the last century!,Hibs and Hertz being drawn at home in the SC in January and an International Rugby match played at Murrayfield the same afternoon.

Whatever happens,Hibernian should not get the short straw here.
The not so noisy neighbours have screwed up their stand build schedule.
The football authorities and some clubs have bent over backwards to help them so far.

They (hertz board) knew that the stand build would likely be delayed
(there is more to the seat fiasco than has been told) yet they sold STs to fans for 4 stands.
That makes it difficult now to play in front of 3 stands.
Their incompetence should not result in Hibernian being inconvenienced.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I would hope that we'll be given priority over kick off times and dates if there's ever any clash.

It's not our fault their new stand has been delayed!

Keith_M
30-08-2017, 11:01 AM
I actually remember a few times in the early 80s where we both played at home on the same day.

In 1982, Hibs played Dundee United in a SC replay in front of, IIRC, 13,000. Hearts played a first division game the same night in front of 2,400.

I think the Polis managed to cope because of the size of Hearts 'crowd'.

Mick O'Rourke
30-08-2017, 11:09 AM
I actually remember a few times in the early 80s where we both played at home on the same day.

In 1982, Hibs played Dundee United in a SC replay in front of, IIRC, 13,000. Hearts played a first division game the same night in front of 2,400.

They didnae have Scotty"yet another full house"Wilson back then:greengrin

Big team then.Big team now.
:faf:

You are correct, though.
It was not that unusual for both to be playing on the same day in cup ties,or as you say,replays.

Keith_M
30-08-2017, 11:10 AM
They didnae have Scotty"yet another full house" Wilson back then:greengrin

Obviously not, Mick.

:greengrin

jgl07
30-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Given the locations of the two stadia, it should not present a problem for both to play at home on the same afternoon. I can recall home cup matches being played at the same time.

However later the police started insisting that the kick-off times were staggered.

I don't know why as they often seem happy with Hibs playing at home the same afternoon as a rugby international at Murrayfield.

Hibee87
30-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Im fairly sure this was covered way back when announced they would be away from home for a while, im sure all games Hearts play at home will be moved from the Sat 3pm unless as stated, We are moved for TV purposes.
There is no way I can see Hibs playing a game on a Friday or Sunday if its not on the TV and Hearts are at home on the Sat :aok:

GreenCastle
30-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Is this the first time a team has played at home so many times in a row - must be a record ?

Interesting to see how the pitch copes and we play them in December so could be a mud bath again !

Billy Whizz
30-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Is this the first time a team has played at home so many times in a row - must be a record ?

Interesting to see how the pitch copes and we play them in December so could be a mud bath again !

That's what I was thinking

SirDavidsNapper
30-08-2017, 11:23 AM

Exactly how they would want it. Ball in the air as much as possible.

GreenCastle
30-08-2017, 11:23 AM
If the pitch does get bad then another cost for them having to sort it - so guess a silver lining 😄

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2017, 11:26 AM
8 straight home games should never be allowed to happen, regardless of circumstances. Especially when those circumstances are brought upon themselves.

Keith_M
30-08-2017, 11:28 AM

The first three games are scheduled to be at Murrayfield, so it'll be five in a row at Tynecastle.

Unless, of course, there's yet another delay in the construction.

ian cruise
30-08-2017, 11:31 AM
8 straight home games should never be allowed to happen, regardless of circumstances. Especially when those circumstances are brought upon themselves.

In all fairness to Hearts, they've done their part and played fair by making sure any advantage they might have gained is mitigated by them being an absolute shambles on the pitch.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-08-2017, 11:32 AM

Double edged sword tho, couple of losses back-to-back and the boo boys will be out in force. Wonder how the team will react when the atmosphere turns poisonous?

Nicho87
30-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Just checked BBC website and few of the earlier fixtures mentioned for Jambos have been moved to Sunday 3pm.

GreenCastle
30-08-2017, 11:39 AM
So what fixtures are at the new office block ? (NOB)

Mick O'Rourke
30-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Im fairly sure this was covered way back when announced they would be away from home for a while, im sure all games Hearts play at home will be moved from the Sat 3pm unless as stated, We are moved for TV purposes.
There is no way I can see Hibs playing a game on a Friday or Sunday if its not on the TV and Hearts are at home on the Sat :aok:

Good post
That is the way it should be.

However,they are the "Famous"........so you never know! :wink:

HibernianJK
30-08-2017, 11:45 AM
The first three games are scheduled to be at Murrayfield, so it'll be five in a row at Tynecastle.

Unless, of course, there's yet another delay in the construction.

If there is another delay, then god knows where they would play those games - as that is around the time of Autumn rugby internationals. So Murrayfield would be out of order.

Winston Ingram
30-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Going to cost the walkups and the ST's an absolute fortune. 8 home games in the run up to Christmas

Mick O'Rourke
30-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Going to cost the walkups and the ST's an absolute fortune. 8 home games in the run up to Christmas

Add in all those tourists with cameras getting splendid pics of the 8th Wonder of the World.

Ringothedog
30-08-2017, 12:32 PM
We have 5 at home over the same period

Firestarter
30-08-2017, 12:39 PM
There's no way that should be allowed but fair enough.

We will be at home on the Saturday unless moved for TV.

Bob Box Fish
30-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Aberdeen sold nearly 5000 tickets for their game at Murrayfield - how much could we have brought 10-12000?

Golden Bear
30-08-2017, 02:37 PM
I saw a Facebook post last night advertising a composite ticket to watch hertz v Aberdeen at Murrayfield and Edinburgh Rugby v Scarlets at Myreside for forty quid.

It may be of interest to some but I can't see a huge demand.

DH1875
30-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Hearts apparently offering a 3 game ticket deal for Murryfield for £40 :confused:

Billy Whizz
30-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Hearts apparently offering a 3 game ticket deal for Murryfield for £40 :confused:

The people's club

Aldo
30-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Not bothered tbh. Total and utter shambles of a club.

What it does mean is that when they are on that losing run and things are going to **** then more of them will be there to see it all happening!

emerald green
30-08-2017, 04:24 PM

:agree: It's a complete and utter piece of nonsense. Shambles.

Real Emerald
30-08-2017, 04:27 PM
:agree: It's a complete and utter piece of nonsense. Shambles.

If the weathers bad their pitch will take a hammering, so more dosh doon the tubes hopefully. There's always a bright side 😊

Hibrandenburg
30-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Given the locations of the two stadia, it should not present a problem for both to play at home on the same afternoon. I can recall home cup matches being played at the same time.

However later the police started insisting that the kick-off times were staggered.

I don't know why as they often seem happy with Hibs playing at home the same afternoon as a rugby international at Murrayfield.

Hibs v The Rangers and Jambos v Celtic both 3pm kick-off would make for an interesting afternoons entertainment.

Aldo
30-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Hibs v The Rangers and Jambos v Celtic both 3pm kick-off would make for an interesting afternoons entertainment.

That will not be allowed to happen!

Nicho87
30-08-2017, 04:57 PM
That will not be allowed to happen!

It's Doncaster and Regan anything you least expect is possible. 3)

Keith_M
30-08-2017, 04:59 PM

Bit of a slap in the face for people that shelled out large sums on season tickets, surely.

Aldo
30-08-2017, 05:01 PM
It's Doncaster and Regan anything you least expect is possible. 3)

Police won't let it happen. Have all 4 in Edinburgh on that day would be a logistical nightmare so won't happen at same time?

Aldo
30-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Bit of a slap in the face for people that shelled out large sums on season tickets, surely.

Think it's those who haven't bought ST's.

If not then I would suggest they have taken money for something they cannot provide!

Bristolhibby
30-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Aberdeen sold nearly 5000 tickets for their game at Murrayfield - how much could we have brought 10-12000?

It would pretty much be a neutral venue if we had have played there. I certainly would have come up, if only for novelty value.

And to watch Hibs pump them, obviously.

J

broondog
30-08-2017, 09:52 PM
sorry but this absolutely stinks I'm afraid. I suspected before that the cheats engineered this but now I am certain. Aberdeen have now sold 5000 tickets for Murrayfield with 10 days to go and the Yams are selling cut price tickets to beef up the attendance even more. It seems rangers have asked for an initial allocation of 10,000 too. the money that they badly need for their tinpot new stand is rolling in and they have cheated as they've always done to get it.

plus the SRU have bent over backwards for them and agreed they could use the stadium in the first place, a luxury that hasn't been offered to anyone else. now they are going to play 8 home games on the trot! to think some on here don't think they have been favourably treated and can't see anything wrong with what's happened. its a ****ing disgrace.

B.H.F.C
30-08-2017, 10:05 PM
plus the SRU have bent over backwards for them and agreed they could use the stadium in the first place, a luxury that hasn't been offered to anyone else. now they are going to play 8 home games on the trot! to think some on here don't think they have been favourably treated and can't see anything wrong with what's happened. its a ****ing disgrace.

Pretty sure the SRU will be doing all right out of their little arrangement.

Deansy
30-08-2017, 10:05 PM

Ah, the days before Wallace Mercer's 'Other People's Money' business-plan kicked-in and their big 'Loyal support' were still to be born/bought/convinced !

Sir David Gray
30-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Surely for their games at Murrayfield, Hearts should only be allowed to sell an amount of tickets that is no more than the capacity of Tynecastle once their new stand is opened?

macca70
30-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Scotland play the following internationals and I'd imagine the Australia game and New Zealand game will have 60k crowds.

Surely Hearts can't be playing at Tynie at same time as sell out rugger at Murrayfield.

Samoa 2.30pm 11th Nov
New Zealand 5.15pm 18th Nov
Australia 2.30pm 25th Nov

Budgie isn't being entirely truthful as usual, she will have been told by the police they can't play at Tynie these afternoons. Probably a fair chance Tynie won't even be finished and they will be homeless for November.

Our Fixtures:

Nov 11th Doesnt appear to be a game unless it's Cup or Internationals
Nov 18th Home to St Johnstone
Nov 25th Away to Motherwell unless we are in League Cup Final on 26th Nov

Captain Trips
30-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Hearts should just be the undercard for some of the big rugby matches. Basically the equivalent of folk taking penalties at half time.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 07:36 AM
sorry but this absolutely stinks I'm afraid. I suspected before that the cheats engineered this but now I am certain. Aberdeen have now sold 5000 tickets for Murrayfield with 10 days to go and the Yams are selling cut price tickets to beef up the attendance even more. It seems rangers have asked for an initial allocation of 10,000 too. the money that they badly need for their tinpot new stand is rolling in and they have cheated as they've always done to get it.

plus the SRU have bent over backwards for them and agreed they could use the stadium in the first place, a luxury that hasn't been offered to anyone else. now they are going to play 8 home games on the trot! to think some on here don't think they have been favourably treated and can't see anything wrong with what's happened. its a ****ing disgrace.How much are they making out of playing at Murrayfield?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

easty
31-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't really blame Hearts for this? They're perpetual chancers, they've asked for things to be rearranged for thier benefit, they may (or may not, depending on what you believe) make a decent bit of cash out of it.

It's the SFA who are to blame though. I've nae issue with a club asking for something, but they should have been told to bolt. They should have been told, naw you'll play at home with 3 stands.

hibbysam
31-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't really blame Hearts for this? They're perpetual chancers, they've asked for things to be rearranged for thier benefit, they may (or may not, depending on what you believe) make a decent bit of cash out of it.

It's the SFA who are to blame though. I've nae issue with a club asking for something, but they should have been told to bolt. They should have been told, naw you'll play at home with 3 stands.

It's actually the other clubs, as part of the SPFL. All clubshad to agree to special arrangements and game switching. SFA have nothing to do with league games.

easty
31-08-2017, 08:12 AM
It's actually the other clubs, as part of the SPFL. All clubshad to agree to special arrangements and game switching. SFA have nothing to do with league games.

SFA...SPFL...whatever. Same applies. They should have been told they couldn't do it. Whoever allowed it is at fault, no them for asking for special treatment.

hibbysam
31-08-2017, 08:14 AM
SFA...SPFL...whatever. Same applies. They should have been told they couldn't do it. Whoever allowed it is at fault, no them for asking for special treatment.

As I said, all the clubs then.

easty
31-08-2017, 08:15 AM
As I said, all the clubs then.

And as I said. Aye, they're to blame.

Kavinho
31-08-2017, 08:20 AM
And as I said. Aye, they're to blame.

Can't be too spiteful towards your business partners!

easty
31-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Can't be too spiteful towards your business partners!

What would have been spiteful about telling them to play at Tynecastle with 3 stands?

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 08:44 AM
What would have been spiteful about telling them to play at Tynecastle with 3 stands?Shirley it's in the interests of other clubs to agree to the games being played on a neutral ground?

Keith_M
31-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Shirley it's in the interests of other clubs to agree to the games being played on a neutral ground?

How is that any better than making them play in front of three stands?

DH1875
31-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Shirley it's in the interests of other clubs to agree to the games being played on a neutral ground?

Which begs the question: How's it fair the our 3 main rivals for 2nd place are all getting to play hearts at a neutral ground? Surely the rules should be we all play them there once or not at all.

marinello59
31-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Which begs the question: How's it fair the our 3 main rivals for 2nd place are all getting to play hearts at a neutral ground? Surely the rules should be we all play them there once or not at all.

It's fair because the other clubs, including Hibs, have agreed to it. I'd rather play them at Tynecastle anyway, much more satisfying when we beat them again.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 09:03 AM

It's a fair point (a la Inverness). However, as M59 says, the clubs have agreed to it (presumably by majority, not just those who "benefit"). Their thought-processes would be interesting.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 09:05 AM
How is that any better than making them play in front of three stands?

The perception of "home advantage" is what I'm getting at.

The crowd influence apart, Hearts won't be playing at home, thus there may be less of an advantage in each team's mind.

broondog
31-08-2017, 11:17 AM

Exactly. they are the luckiest team on the planet and others seem to just bend over for them. its sickening

Morganleith
01-09-2017, 06:46 AM

Also ridiculous that they have 3 games at Murrayfield. Sporting fairness, I think not. All teams should be playing them there once in that case.
Did Celtic not play a season at hampden ?

Libby Hibby
01-09-2017, 07:02 AM

Guess who's back...

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2017, 07:24 AM

Interesting to see how the pitch copes and we play them in December so could be a fud bath again !

Fixed it for you.

stantonhibby
01-09-2017, 07:49 AM

Yes.....a whole season so all teams treated equally.